Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Is important to read Classic X-Men in the phoenix saga?

ultraanizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ultraanizado

Hello! I am very new in this comic world and I was browsing the page of the story arc of the Phoenix Saga. I see that in the reading order appear some numbers of "Classic X-Men" which are reprints of the original Uncanny X-Men, so want to know if I MUST read those reprints with the additional stories in order to understand the whole saga or if those are optional.

Thanks a lot!

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lorex

If you are just going back now to read the Phoenix Saga try getting the trade as it will have the story narrowed down to the key issues where the story unfolds.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar

They've retconned too much of the Phoenix Force since then for it to be relevant. If you're just looking for a story, it's not bad.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lykopis

It would be worth it, just so that you could understand the red-hot fury of some fans with how things have gone on recently in the Marvel Universe,

Hmm - maybe its best you don't.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Blood1991

@lykopis said:

It would be worth it, just so that you could understand the red-hot fury of some fans with how things have gone in recently in the Marvel Universe,

Hmm...maybe its best you don't....

Sadly true. It is a great story, but it will do little to explain what is going on with the Phoenix Force. In fact will probably just make the whole thing more confusing.

ultraanizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ultraanizado

Thank you very much for your answers!

So basically what you suggest is that I skip those "Classic X-Men" numbers until I become, lets say, a more advanced reader in the Marvel comics? I found this link in Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Uncanny-X-Men-Vol-Marvel-Masterworks/dp/0785137041/ do you think that is the right collection, regarding the Phoenix saga for me?

Thanks again! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.