Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Is Feral The Most Rough Like Female From Any X-Team?

blackdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blackdemon

Anyone who knows about Maria Callasantos AKA Feral knows that there are a LOT of things that make her different from most female members of any X-Team, be it X-Men, X-Factor or the X-Force she's most recognizable as a member of. Sure, she's a heroine(albiet a VERY dark one), but she still is highly different from most heroines, especially X-heroines. She's covered in fur, she has a nasty past and tragic reason for being as she is(the piss-poor way her father behaved which led to all that would come to be with her, to be precise), she has a hard time deciding whose side she's on and many of her feelings are quite animal-like, even if she does also have some humanity in her. 

But the most blatant way that Feral differs from most X-heroines? It's the fact that she is rough-like, meaning that she is extremely aggressive, tough, rough around the edges, hot tempered, out for blood, eager to fight, nasty, cold hearted, prone to dark moods, headstrong, stubborn, hard-nosed, sarcastic, bloodthirsty, mean, hostile, untrusting, ferocious, angry and vicious.  

Thus, here is my question. Since there can be no denying nor any questioning that Feral is a highly rough-like character, I would wonder...is Feral the MOST rough-like female member of any X-Team? You know, X-Force, X-Factor, the X-Men, Generation X or any others I'm not mentioning? I know there are other rough-like females in those teams, such as Psylocke, X-23, Sage, Marrow and Rogue, but I would like to know whether or not Feral is the # 1 most rough-like X-Heroine in any team, or if there is in fact an X-Heroine who is more rough-like than she is?  

Pour in your opinions and enjoy, everybody, especially all you Feral fans out there!  
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By papad1992
    @blackdemon
    The way u describe "X-heroines" it sounds like ur saying ex-drug addicts!! :P 

Why is Sage on this list!? I see her as a formidable combatant and knowledgable character but not rough n tough like u describe!! I would have to say X-characters like: X-23, Psylocke, Moonstar, Marrow, Frenzy, Wolfsbane, Hepzibah, Domino, Mystique, and Lady Mastermind come to my mind when I think of angry and tough X-women!!!
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Timandm

Well... Since she's dead at the moment, she's not currently the toughest...

But even when alive, no she wasn't... She MIGHT have been a match for Rahne Sinclair, but not for X-23, Psylocke, or Rogue... I think she was a neat character but not in their league..

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jhazzroucher
    No Caption Provided

don't forget Hollow

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By jubilee042

i think x 23 and wolfsbane are more

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Thunderscream

@blackdemon: You've posted something like this before, about "rough-like" characters. When she was alive, Feral was very troubled and had difficulty suppressing her "feral" rage and aggressive tendencies. She was abused by a junkie mother and all the men that slipped in and out of her bed, causing homicidal behavior as a child...killing her siblings and eventually her tormentors without remorse.

I've always thought her story was intriguing as a survivor of child abuse struggling with her inner and outer demons. In some ways I think that polishes some of the "roughness" revealing a vulnerable human being scratching out from underneath the bed with claws unsheathed ready to slash any ankles treading too close for comfort. Don't get me wrong, she certainly needed help, y'know, to prevent more murders, maybe get Doc Sampson to run some therapy sessions with her.\

I would agree with @papad1992: & @jhazzroucher: that Hollow/Penance & Marrow are probably the closest competitors as far as unbridled rage and ferocity are concerned.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

Feral is a villain. She murdered her step-father (not her father), mother and little brother. She turned on X-Force and joined Reignfire's Mutant Libreation Front, and hunted down the Ani-Mator's remaining experiments.

Even when alive, Feral wasn't the hardest or even the most feral of the X-Ladies.

Feral violently lost her fight against Wolfsbane
    Feral violently lost her fight against Wolfsbane

Now she's just a ghost, and can't touch anyone. All she can do is nag them to death.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jhazzroucher

@xerox_kitty: do they have the same powers/abilities? was there an issue explaining the similarities between the two?

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ouija

@papad1992: @xerox_kitty: @jhazzroucher:

I believe Hollow, Domino, and Wolfsbane would be the best choices to be answers to blackdemon's question. I think Wolfsbane especially when and if she were to let her rage out again like she did in X-Force, But I don't think we will see that because I believe she has moved past those demons of hers.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

@jhazzroucher said:

@xerox_kitty: do they have the same powers/abilities? was there an issue explaining the similarities between the two?

They were both young women in their late teens/early twenties, both with sharp claws & feline/lupine physiology, reflexes & heightened senses. The only difference was that Wolfsbane could transform into an actual wolf; at that time she could not change back into human. So YES they had the same powers but Wolfsbane showed Feral that she needed a new codename, because she wasn't the most feral fuzzy girl on an X-Team.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By papad1992

@Ouija said:

@papad1992: @xerox_kitty: @jhazzroucher:

I believe Hollow, Domino, and Wolfsbane would be the best choices to be answers to blackdemon's question. I think Wolfsbane especially when and if she were to let her rage out again like she did in X-Force, But I don't think we will see that because I believe she has moved past those demons of hers.

I agree totally!!

golvellius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By golvellius

I think the Wolfsbane stuck in midform and bonded psychicaly to Havok is the roughest. During that time Wolfsbane was totally animalistic, I think that even Wolverine would have a tough time handling her during that time. Second place would go to the girl who stabbed the Wolverine, Marrow: "hate is the engine and I am the machine"- best line ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.