Is Curse of the Mutants: Storm and Gambit really good?

#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (14745 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard that this one-shot mini was good. Well I've heard a lot of people liking it. PLease do tell me why you like it. Is it the story? The art?

#2 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read it but Curse of the Mutants was horrible... so I'm guessing the tie-ins are as well!

#3 Posted by charlieboy (7151 posts) - - Show Bio

It was decent if you like Bachalo's art. My favorite scene was with Dazzler and Northstar if I remember correctly. This story was like two years ago.

#4 Posted by DarkDay (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it. Curse of the Mutants was pretty meh overall, but I dug the Gambit/Storm team up and I think it needs to happen more often.

#5 Posted by Veitha (2776 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like it, the only good scenes were the one with Dazzler and Northstar lol

#6 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't really like the Curse of the Mutants storyline and this story was just ok to me, although I wouldn't mind seeing Storm and Gambit team up more often in the future.

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

No, like the rest of Curse of the Mutants it was bad.

#8 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3443 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

I didn't like it, the only good scenes were the one with Dazzler and Northstar lol

Ditto!

#9 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: I didn't like Curse of the Mutants, but I did like this series.

It's not so much an X-men story as a Storm and Gambit story, and in and of itself stands up pretty well as such.

I'm pretty hot and cold with Bachalo's art, in general, but I think some of my favourite stuff he's done is in this book.

I wouldn't recommend Curse of the Mutants overall to anybody, but if you like Gambit, Storm, and/or Bachalo, you may well like this. I did, anyway.

#10 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. This was the best damn thing to come out of that entire mess.

Such a shame that Chuck Kim isn't a regular writer on something, so underrated.

#11 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Lol. This was the best damn thing to come out of that entire mess.

Such a shame that Chuck Kim isn't a regular writer on something, so underrated.

haha! I always enjoy it when we actually agree on something!

#12 Posted by Veitha (2776 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Veitha said:

Ditto!

Lol, haven't noticed that comment

#13 Posted by jhazzroucher (14745 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you for the responses

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.