Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Is anyone else happy about this.

• 142 results
    blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blacharrt

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
      SoI just finished reading Avengers" Children's Crusade and I'm so elated about this.
    No Caption Provided
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Was gonna happen eventually, reminds me that i need to get around to reading the trade that started it

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Ouija

OMG I AM INCREDIBLY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

if Marvel is the House of Ideas, apparently someone blew up said House long ago.....So I guess everything involving Hope Summers was pointless LOL

hulk_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hulk_beyond

i'm super excited! i hope the x-men will hear wanda out instead of attacking like the avengers did.

Avatar image for therealjeangrey
    TheRealJeanGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheRealJeanGrey

Im just glad that the Scarlet Witch came back with her sanity intact
    Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hate wolverine in this storyline, i have never seen his as such a хуй before. but i am very much excited about this development.  

@blacharrt: what does the the top scan say?

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Timandm
    @hulk_beyond said:

i'm super excited! i hope the x-men will hear wanda out instead of attacking like the avengers did.

Don't superhero teams ALWAYS attack each other first before talking and realizing they're on the same side??? 

@blacharrt:  Here's the downside...
    No Caption Provided

The FIRST thing she does after realizing who she is and what she's done is..............  GO CRAZY AGAIN!!!!  She once again conjurs up Kree warships and a bunch of Ultrons... Although, this time it appears that she's only trying to kill herself...

But, what's so bad about this, especially since they stopped her and she regained her senses???   She only stopped because she learned her sons were alive... She calmed down... She regained her sanity... So, that's good right???

What happens if her sons are killed again????  How much of the world does she wipe out then?  

But does it have to be the loss of her sons that sends her over the edge?  No... If a person is mentally unstable, they are mentally unstable.  The situations only agitate or relax the condition...  Soooooooooo....  
    Knowing she has the power to kill millions with just a thought.  Knowing that she IS (not might be, not could be) unstable.  Knowing that she has killed many already (hundreds?  thousands?)  Knowing that she has already altered the lives of more than 14,000,000 people (although in this issue they say that there's a million to go after she restores Rictor, but the truth is, she depowered 14,000,000 mutants.)  Knowing ALL this...   What should the superheroes do????

Do they just let her go on her merry way, unchecked, doing whatever she wants?
    Do they confine her?  Sedate her?
    Do they find her innocent on hundreds/thousands of charges of involuntary manslaughter by reason of temporary insanity?  And if so, what then?

For the record, I believe she IS innocent by reasons of Temporary Insanity.  She HAD lost touch with reality and was not in control of herself....
    But not only do I see nothing that would prevent her from doing it again...I see evidence that she WILL do something like that again...

What's to be done?
    hulk_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hulk_beyond
    @Timandm: I understand everyone's reasons for trying to stop the Young Avengers from finding Wanda and I understand why they want her dead. If someone killed a vast majority of a race of people they would have to be punished but if that person had the proven potential to undo it then I'd try that first then punish the offender. Maybe not the most realistic point of view but thats just how I see it. Then again maybe I'm just siding with Wanda too quickly.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I'm so excited and this is the best time since it is the year of the x-men lol  and I get to see my Jubilee throwin up fireworks again <3

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

well...i guess it makes sense for her to want to right a wrong..but it just feels...cheap to have it all reversed so easily....

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mutant God

aww if only Crimson Commando waited just a little while he could have gotten his powers back
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Timandm
    @hulk_beyond said:
    @Timandm: I understand everyone's reasons for trying to stop the Young Avengers from finding Wanda and I understand why they want her dead. If someone killed a vast majority of a race of people they would have to be punished but if that person had the proven potential to undo it then I'd try that first then punish the offender. Maybe not the most realistic point of view but thats just how I see it. Then again maybe I'm just siding with Wanda too quickly.
    It's not the punishing her part that would be the real concern...  It's the, 'Will she do it again" thing that is...  We already see evidence that she is not stable... and we know she's still powerful.. sooo...

But I completely agree with you about letting her try to undo the damage...  Absolutely...  And I like Wanda... I'm a fan...  I'm just wondering what I would do IF I were in that situation... 
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Timandm
    @The Stegman said:
    well...i guess it makes sense for her to want to right a wrong..but it just feels...cheap to have it all reversed so easily....
    Could not agree more!
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Mercy_

You know what I'd be happy about? People using spoiler tags. That would be awesome.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

As long as Decimation is being undone I'm happy and hopefully she can go undo OMD while she's at it 

MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrSeaman70

Finally, Marvel Comics is reversing the House of M mess :) 

Next they will have to reverse the Civil War mess :P
    Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wise Son
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    You know what I'd be happy about? People using spoiler tags. That would be awesome.
    Very subtle. 
    hulk_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hulk_beyond
    @Timandm: Very true. If she stays at these power levels anything could happen. She is a major threat but she could also be a savior.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrinceIMC

There are still three issues left in this series. And bi-monthly it's going to take six months for this to end. I don't think it's going to be as simple as that. If they were going to completely reverse M-Day I'd think they'd make a bigger deal about the series. I've loved it so far and would totally read a book with Wanda traveling the world looking for mutants to repower, I'm just not counting my chickens before they hatch.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Timandm
    @PrinceIMC said:
    There are still three issues left in this series. And bi-monthly it's going to take six months for this to end. I don't think it's going to be as simple as that. If they were going to completely reverse M-Day I'd think they'd make a bigger deal about the series. I've loved it so far and would totally read a book with Wanda traveling the world looking for mutants to repower, I'm just not counting my chickens before they hatch.
    That actually sounds like a great idea for a new title...  She travels the earth, trying to restore mutants, and could get involved fighting villains on an as needed basis...
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By labarith

Yes. 

But she should not get the chance to repower everyone.  Let her repower all of the Utopia mutants, and maybe de-vampire Jubilee (how long until she ends up on Uncanny X-Force?).

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Timandm said:
    @PrinceIMC said:
    That actually sounds like a great idea for a new title...  She travels the earth, trying to restore mutants, and could get involved fighting villains on an as needed basis...
    Alongside a greatly depowered Jean Grey preferably. Both of them depowered back to manageable levels but still able to take care of themselves. And repowering mutants is one thing, new mutants births might still mean Hope is necessary....hopefully.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Timandm
    @PrinceIMC said:
    @Timandm said:
    @PrinceIMC said:
    Alongside a greatly depowered Jean Grey preferably. Both of them depowered back to manageable levels but still able to take care of themselves. And repowering mutants is one thing, new mutants births might still mean Hope is necessary....hopefully.
    LOL!!! Can you imagine what the REST of the world would be thinking?  At one point in time, Jean had the power to destroy everything in existence, and Wanda had the power to ALTER all of existence (or at least a large portion of it...)  Those two together?  I bet even Galactus or the Celestials would do a double take and say, "WTF?  Oh THIS can't be good..."   LOL!  It could be kewl.
    Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wise Son
    @PrinceIMC said:
    @Timandm said:
    @PrinceIMC said:
    Do you think X-Force is going to bring AOA Jean Grey back with them? It seems like the easiest way out. 
    Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Sobe Cin
    @cattlebattle said:

if Marvel is the House of Ideas, apparently someone blew up said House long ago.....So I guess everything involving Hope Summers was pointless LOL

I don't think we're even anywhere with Hope just yet.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By danhimself

I've loved the series so far but I think that might have something to do with Jim Cheung's art...he makes Wanda HOT

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Shadowdoggy

I think Hope and Wanda are going to have it out before this all over- which would be cool. Hopefully it will do something to make Wanda more like her old self again and less like a god who can seemingly do ANYthing she wants

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Sobe Cin said:
    @cattlebattle said:

I don't think we're even anywhere with Hope just yet.
    Well there are the five lights. Five mutants have been become active since she came back, and she was necessary to stabilize them. I still think she'll be important for future mutant births, Wanda will just be repowering depowered mutants.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Timandm
    @Wise Son said:
    @PrinceIMC said:
    @Timandm said:
    @PrinceIMC said:
    Do you think X-Force is going to bring AOA Jean Grey back with them? It seems like the easiest way out. 
    I think Marvel will guage the pulse of the reading audience (folks like us), find out what we want, and then deliberately not give it to us...  I think Jean is already back SOMEWHERE in the marvel universe...  I think she's been collecting up bits and pieces of the Phoenix Force, which is why it left Rachel and the cuckoos...  As I recall, Rachel even made a comment at the time, something like, "Mom, not NOW..."

So... If I were to guess as to what's going to happen regarding the return of Jean....  I think Schism is REALLY about the return of Jean...

There are a few small hints that it is the Celestials that are on there way; the threat coming from above, hidden under the foot of a giant, was written thousands of years ago... etc...  Why the celestials want Asteroid M, I mean Rock on a stick island, I have no idea...  But I think that's what the threat is (I could easily be wrong about this.)

So, what's this got to do with Jean?  Well, we know that Quentin Quire, the best dressed Mutant ever (sigh...) is coming back... We also know that in alternate universes he is an avatar for the pheonix force the way Jean is...  So, I'm thinking there might be a connection there...  BUT, since Marvel obviously isn't going to kill off all of the X-Men (not permanently anyway) there MUST be a way for them to beat this unbeatable threat...  ENTER THE PHEONIX....  Problem solved...  Naturally, Logan and Scott will have to fight because Scott will dump Emma (stupid move on his part) to be back with Jean... THAT will piss Logan off... They'll fight.... Jean and Scott end up back together; and Jean will bring Cable back from the dead.  Then the Summers get to live as a family (Scott, Jean, Nathan Summers, Nathan Grey [a Summers by blood], and Rachel) on Utopia until Jean dies again, probably just before casting her children into separate time streams...  Logan, not wanting to be around the happy Summers clan, will take half the X-Men and move back to Westchester, New York....
    katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By katanalauncher

Please revive the depowered Students that was killed by Car bomb. 

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33  Edited By lorex

The decimation was not some random plot idea that made it to paper, it was done with the intention of trimming the mutant population which some felt was getting too big for the rest of the marvel universe to ignore like they usually do. While I do like the idea 
    of seeing some depowered mutants getting their powers back there is no way all mutants are going who lost their powers are suddenly going to get them back. I hope additional issues of Children's Crusade do not have the X-Men saying all is forgiven to 
    Wanda. Even if she could undo what she has done, the consequences of her actions have lead to quite a few negative consequences for mutants in general. The purifiers attacked Xavier's killing many of the younger students who depowered were getting 
    into buses to go home, no longer needing to go the the mutant school. Also with the decimation and the numbers of mutants reduced to about 300 and many located in one place they were assaulted in a coordinated attacked by all the major mutant haters
    with the intention of exterminating all mutants. So while its just swell Wanda can now control herself for the moment and give mutants their powers back that does not excuse what she has already done.

blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By blacharrt

No Caption Provided
    @Timandm: It says in the book that she was trying to kill herself, and Billy stopped her from doing that by telling her that he was her son, she didn't believe him but he told her to use her powers to prove him wrong. Then they hugged.  So it wasn't that she was trying to attack everyone she was just trying to kill herself.  That's why the avengers started attacking the Ultrons.

I don't think Marvel is going to reverse HoM after affects completely, and I wouldn't call it a mess the whole premise made perfect sense and the scarlet witch in crusade 6 explains that she wanted to make the Avengers pay for what they did to her. This is when the Schism starts in the x-men.  I don't know how many mutants she's going to repower.. I wonder if Jubilee i s on the list.  That would be so awesome vampire powers plus her old powers again. I think all the x-men that were in New Warrior should get their powers back. Also Prodigy and Dani.
    Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Wow... interesting. Is there a catch?
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#36  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

TERRIBLE IDEA. 

Honestly, the X-Franchise is the worst it has ever been. Marvel don't even deserve to keep it anymore. If only Image or someone could come along and buy it from under them. 

Pathetic, just pathetic.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By Mercy_
    @Wise Son
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    Very subtle. 
    One of my biggest pet peeves on this site is lack of spoilers.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Timandm
    @blacharrt: Yes, and I did point out that she was trying to kill herself....  My point was that she is still mentally unstable....  Whether she's trying to kill others or trying to kill herself, she is STILL mentally unstable... 

She's mentally unstable, AND she's still very powerful, AND she has a history of killing people and destroying lives while not in control of herself.

So the question remains, what's to be done about her?
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Timandm
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    TERRIBLE IDEA.   Honestly, the X-Franchise is the worst it has ever been. Marvel don't even deserve to keep it anymore. If only Image or someone could come along and buy it from under them.   Pathetic, just pathetic.
    The Scarlet Witch isn't a part of the X-Franchise...  She's interacted with them on occasion but then so has the entire Marvel Universe.
    treysome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By treysome

If they allow it to go this way, the Scarlett Witch will slowly re-power former mutants who the writers want to use here and there while Hope will continue stabilizing new mutants appearing.  Unless Scarlett Witch completely reverses what she has done allowing mutant births again.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By jrock85

It was never explained just how Pietro got his powers back. He was in jail and started having hallucinations, and then all of sudden; his powers came back.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Timandm
    @jrock85 said:
    It was never explained just how Pietro got his powers back. He was in jail and started having hallucinations, and then all of sudden; his powers came back.
    There was a mini-series... It shows the whole thing...  I THINK it was called "Son of M"  ...  Basically, he visits the Inhumans.  He ASKS to use the Terrigen crystals to restore mutants.   Black Bolt says no, as humans are a lower form of life and not worth of the terrigen mists...  Pietro steals the crystals, gets his daughter Luna HOOKED like a junkie on the mists, takes the crystals to Genosha, repowers a few mutans who either die or end up in the hospital, loses the cyrstals to the U.S. military... um... The U.S. refuses to give the crystals back to the Inhumans... Black Bolt wipes out the U.S. forces in Necrosha....  Pietro sends Luna back to the Inhumans.... The end...

Oh... forgot to mention... At first, the terrigen mists enabled Pietro to move through time...  Later, in the story you read, he learns that he HAPPENS to have powers again...  It was due to the terrigen mist...But not only did he have his power back, he also has the power to restore or destroy mutants who had lost their power.
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By jrock85
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Timandm
    @jrock85: Yes, that's the one...  The mini series takes place before that...  I believe what happens is that, after losing the terrigen crystals, he losses the ability to move through time but his powers are restored... However, he isn't AWARE that his powers are restored...  I know, it sounds ridiculous but it's not the first time a comic book story line has been ridiculous...  Notice, in 'the Quick and the Dead'' he just suddenly realizes he has his powers again, with no explanation as you said earlier...  It's been implied elsewhere that it was the terrigen crystals that did it for him... I think he might have even been the one who said so...
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Timandm said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    TERRIBLE IDEA.   Honestly, the X-Franchise is the worst it has ever been. Marvel don't even deserve to keep it anymore. If only Image or someone could come along and buy it from under them.   Pathetic, just pathetic.
    The Scarlet Witch isn't a part of the X-Franchise...  She's interacted with them on occasion but then so has the entire Marvel Universe.
    Um how is she not?.. lol She depowered most of the mutants in the world. Was one of the original members of the brotherhood, and currently her sister and father are members of the x-men, while her brother was a member of X-Factor back in the day. lol 
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Timandm
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    @Timandm said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Um how is she not?.. lol She depowered most of the mutants in the world. Was one of the original members of the brotherhood, and currently her sister and father are members of the x-men, while her brother was a member of X-Factor back in the day. lol 
    I just meant that she's not a member of the X-Men...   That's all...  usually, when people say X-Franchise they're referring to official members of the team or regular characters in the stories...

Wanda's a great character.  Definitely a mutant... Yes, her family members are X-Men... Magneto recently rejoined the X-Men, and Lorna's out in space with Alex and Rachel fighting the good fight...

I would also say that Pietro isn't part of the X-Franchise, but I guess it depends on how you define x-franchise...

- Spider-Man ...  He's known the X-Men a long time and been on a number of important missions with them... Is HE part of the X-Franchise?
    - Captain American .... He's teamed up with most of the well known X-Men at one point in time or another... Is HE part of the X-Franchise?
    - The Fantastic Four ....  LOT'S of interactions between the FF and the X-Men.. Especially what with Franklin being a mutant and what went on between Franklin and Kitty the FIRST time she got stuck in phase mode...

So, what exactly IS the X-Franchise?
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Timandm: I thought you meant her not being apart of it at all lol i was about to say where have you been? :P my bad lmao
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Timandm
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx: LOL!  THAT would be kind of ludicrous... Can you imagine?  "SO?  So she was part of a team that fought the X-Men a number of times....  And her father joined the X-Men and was head of the Xavier institute for a few years...  And her sister  WAS a member of the X-Men, dated two X-Men, almost married one of them, and is in space fighting with the X-Men now.. and her father has joined the X-Men AGAIN...   And she depowered nearly every mutant alive, but SO WHAT.. That's like NOTHING to do with the X-Men!!!"  LOL!  

You know it's incredibly odd that she's never been asked to join the X-Men... What's up with that?
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Timandm: Isn't Polaris considered still a member?.. lol I thought the same thing! Maybe she will one day who knows lol
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Timandm
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    @Timandm: Isn't Polaris considered still a member?.. lol I thought the same thing! Maybe she will one day who knows lol
    Well, she WAS a member, but then after that PATHETIC IDIOTIC MORONIC STUPID story line where Alex (Havok) dumped her on their WEDDING DAY, and she went a little crazy (and who could blame her) she left the X-Men for a while.  She went into space with Xavier only after he searched her out and asked her to join him...

Although, perhaps it's fair to say, 'once an X-Man always an X-Man?'   I don't know...  Beast quit recently but I'll always think of him as an X-Man...  I guess we could say Polaris has been an X-Man for a long time but was on the inactive list for a while?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.