Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Instead of a days of future past movie....

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HAWK2916

I think they should be looking to make more of an origin film. Children of the Atom or something telling the story of Cyclops, jean grey, Beast, Angel and Iceman. To them developing powers and being contacted/recruited by Prof X to the early battles. This is what i thought 1st class would be about Xavier's 1st students for real. I hate to be one of those people always calling for a full reboot but........

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Madame_Mist

They so need an origin movie that actually sticks to the comics. The movies are good a adaptation but do not reflect the essence of the characters.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By dangallant984

I really liked First Class, I think it's probably my favourite X-men flick (though X2 would be a close second).

I know it's not what happened in the comics, but I've read all of that already, so I kind of like that it's different. And I like the way they brought Mystique into the story a lot.

I'm sure that if they did a movie that was just a strait update of the source material, I'd be just as pumped, but I don't mind at all that they haven't.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By judasnixon

I just want them to stop making X-Men movies. Just let die.......

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle
    @judasnixon said:
    I just want them to stop making X-Men movies. Just let die.......
    Why?? X2 and First Class are regarded as some of the best comic movies ever made
    judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By judasnixon

It's just my stupid opinion. I just think they can never capture the feel of the X-Men in a movie. You know how people say Y the Last Man would make a great TV show, but would suck if they tried to make it into a film. That's how I feel about the X-Men. The only other media other than comics that I felt could capture the feel of the X-Men was an animated TV show. I just feel that you can't put all the soap opera, the bright goofy costumes, the X-Men history, and the chemistry between the characters in the film......

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
    @judasnixon said:
    It's just my stupid opinion. I just think they can never capture the feel of the X-Men in a movie. You know how people say Y the Last Man would make a great TV show, but would suck if they tried to make it into a film. That's how I feel about the X-Men. The only other media other than comics that I felt could capture the feel of the X-Men was an animated TV show. I just feel that you can't put all the soap opera, the bright goofy costumes, the X-Men history, and the chemistry between the characters in the film......
    Oh, well at least you had an honest, thought out opinion about it...I can't tell you how many people chime in with "because they are not like the comics and they suck" sentiment.

I know what you mean though. The X-Men are one of the most convoluted, confusing comic histories in all of science fiction with dozens of fan favorite characters. It would be pretty hard to portray all that in a two hour film...they are just better off in an animated show.

I take what I can get from the movies, Bryan Singer actually worked hard and took the material seriously on the films he worked on and it had the basics...X-men vs terrorist mutants...it was taken seriously, I was pleased enough. X-Men 3 and Wolverine were terribad though....
    xtremexfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xtremexfan

Stop beating a dead horse with a stick! Although all of us fanboys/girls want it to happen, it's not. Just stop.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.