Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Im Going To DC Cause Of This

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XsPectre28

...... Hope & Scarlet Witch Wish Away The Phoenix Force.... The Primal Force Of Live Death & Rebirth... The Force That Not Only Survived The Big Bang But Brought Galactus Into This Universe..... That Bonded With Jean Grey.... Is Present In Every Universe.... The Guardian Of The Reality Nexus( M'Krann Crystal/White Hott Room)....... Im Done....... Marvel Has Lost A Fan

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Yeah, this event and ending was quite the crapper, i'm not even sure who won or lost, exactly. Everyone looks stupid. That Cap/Cyclops conversation made me physically sick, especially looking at Cyclops like that, someone who earned my respect throughout this mess because he was only trying to do what was best while those snot-nosed Avengers were consistently prodding and poking, and then reduced to that because Tony Stark took his prodding a little too far. Then there was the whole Hope and Wanda thing and...ugh...this is sickening.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar

@AgeofHurricane:

All I could think of during it was "I would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you Meddling Avengers and your dog!"

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@TheCrowbar:The dog is Wolverine, right? Or is it Beast?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: Scarlet Witch.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@TheCrowbar: The good thing about this, is that for the most part, AvX's chariot of evil has reached its finale.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCrowbar

@AgeofHurricane: Don't count on it. This marks a change in Marvel the series sold well(for a comic)

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By fesak  Moderator

If they get rid of the Phoenix permanently i don't care how crappy AvX was, it's still worth it.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By fodigg

@fesak said:

If they get rid of the Phoenix permanently i don't care how crappy AvX was, it's still worth it.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rickbarry

This one's a two flusher! *Flushes again.*

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    No Caption Provided

@TheCrowbar said:

@AgeofHurricane:

All I could think of during it was "I would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you Meddling Avengers and your dog!"

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a non-event. But, on a basic level, I always knew that the rest of the Marvel Universe never really cared about the Phoenix. It only showed up in the X books, was rarely even mentioned by other galactic or cosmic entities and honestly, the worst thing it did was create a Jean Grey body, kill millions of people and then ruin her character. The idea that you can just wish away a cosmic force like that invalidates all of the prior info on the Phoenix. But, I kind of knew this event would be underwhelming.

And honestly, I don't think the problem was that there weren't that many mutants. The problem was that Wanda depowered and inadvertently killed the vast majority of them (this still seems unresolved). In fact, considering how lame some of the mutants I saw looked, it is lame powers and bad stories that were their biggest problem. And there are so many students in Avengers Academy that I don't think more new superhumans are even necessary.

But, hey, the best thing about this event was that I stayed as far away from comics as possible while studying for my tests, so was very concentrated.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@fesak: Nothing is permanent except that nothing is permanent

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

This one's a two flusher! *Flushes again.*

*Clogs toilet* Damn this is the biggest load of crap ever!

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Dose this mean reed and sue can hold hand,s and wish away galactus. No how about cap and sharon wishing away kang.

Load of sh-t.

Avatar image for knightofcydonia
    Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Noctis
    No Caption Provided
    x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17  Edited By x_29

@Noctis said:

No Caption Provided

times infinity.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCrowbar: @XsPectre28:

i dont think hope is a real person, i think shes the phoenix posing as a human again like when she said in avx 12 "here me avengers and x-men no longer am i the woman you know".....just like when jean first got phoenix force

Galactic_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Galactic_Man

Oh great. Now Marvel will taste what DC had to face for New 52

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By One_Eye

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@fesak said:

Cyclops was right, the Phoenix is gone, and we've got some new books to look forward too. All in all, AvX may have been utterly lackluster but some good stories can be forged now (not the least of which are the Uncanny Avengers and Cyclops' quest for redemption in All-New X-Men).

And fans get Jean back in one form or fashion.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22  Edited By lorex

While I think the outcome corrected a major error on Marvels part in the Decimation, I am concerned at how much they made Wanda's powers seem so powerful. This is a load of crap. the powers of anyone person should ne be able to harm the phoenix force in any way, shape or form. I am willing to grant that he powers might have harmed Cyclops physically. Also creating the BS story that some how the iron fist power has been used effectively on the Phoenix Force and Hops was able to copy Wandas powers and used that energy to utilize the ironfist powers. I could not stop groaning. I am willing to accept Hope has some connection the the Phoenix Force and can even be a host for that power but wishing away that enormus amount of power stretches my ability to suspend belief in reality needed to enjoy comics past my limits. I mean unless they completely reduce Wandas' powers in the future how can she be used in the future as a character without having her completely OP everything.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By joshmightbe

I hated AVX for many reasons but we got mutants back so at least one good thing came out of it.

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By yasiiii4

@XsPectre28 said:

...... Hope & Scarlet Witch Wish Away The Phoenix Force.... The Primal Force Of Live Death & Rebirth... The Force That Not Only Survived The Big Bang But Brought Galactus Into This Universe..... That Bonded With Jean Grey.... Is Present In Every Universe.... The Guardian Of The Reality Nexus( M'Krann Crystal/White Hott Room)....... Im Done....... Marvel Has Lost A Fan

amen

The3rdOption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The3rdOption

I'm definitely starting to think the same way you are right now.

Avatar image for invisible_witch
    Invisible_Witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Invisible_Witch

Who Idea was this ? This whole event makes me wanna burn all my X-men & Avengers collection,Why don't Chris Claremont and Dave Cockrum say anything about this

And How can get they rid of the Phoenix ??Isn't the Phoenix Force Life & Death,and where the heck did Hope go and I though Dr.Doom took the Life Force or whatever Wanda was using

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By SoA

@XsPectre28: i had no idea thats how AvX ended. so glad i stopped after the debut of the phoenix five.i was upset and thought was lame but with spoiler reviews on the arc and the upcoming marvel NOW , im going to stay safe with the indie section lol

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By dangallant984

well I'll be glad if we never hear about the Phoenix ever again. It was always a crap story element. The Dark Phoenix Saga is one of the most over rated stories in comics, yeah. The introduction of Kitty and the Hellfire Club was about as much as I liked about it, then they go into space to fight who cares and kill the most boring member of the team and I really have never understood the appeal of this story or why they've gone back to it sooo many times. Sorry, end rant.

That said, if anyone hasn't read Avsx, don't bother, just read the Consequences mini; it's actually good and you won't really have missed anything.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By UltraBiel

I'm probably the only person who thinks that "The Phoenix" is one of the best entities created in marvel universe. She is above good and bad in a sense that always mess with the ideas we have about the characters and their actions. So sad...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By joshmightbe

@UltraBiel: The Phoenix started out well, it just seems that Marvel's current staff didn't know what the hell to do with it and instead of being smart and just leaving it the hell alone until someone who knows what they're doing comes along they prove that the Quesada stain is still present by destroying something just because they're too stupid to use it properly

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Aero_gt

Whether you want it or not Jean always comes back... That alone guarentees that the Phoenix will also come back. I'm sure an entity like the Phoenix can travel through time and dimesions as well as space. This will be the next X-Men event.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.