Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

If you were a mutant....

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ExtraLarge

If you were a mutant, would you want your children to be mutants too? Sure, they may be good looking with awesome powers, or they may be freakish looking with little to know chance at a normal life. If you find out you're expecting and you have the power to choose whether it is human or mutant, what do you pick?

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Skaddix

Depends on what they get power wise if its reality warping all is good.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mooty_Pass

I wouldn't care really if my child came out to be a mutant just like me. I would still love him or her, but if my child is like pietro or scarlet witch i'd probably wont talk to them. Sheesh no respect for the elderly.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Sure. Because if I was a mutant I'd be proud to be one. So if my children turned out to be mutants I wouldn't mind at all.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I definitely wouldn't mind if my children came out as mutants because I will still love them no matter what.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oraclefyre

I wouldn't mind it at all, unless they turn out to be like a Apocalypse or Sinister, then sure, why not?

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mtrakos

Only if we were Inhumans

artgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By artgamer

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Sure. Because if I was a mutant I'd be proud to be one. So if my children turned out to be mutants I wouldn't mind at all.

^this! you must be proud of what you are, if your kids are mutants and you are a good parent you teach them that

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ExtraLarge

This is not about if you would be proud of your mutant children, but if you would make them mutant or human if you had the choice. Would you wish your child to be a mutant knowing they will most likely go through life feared and hated? Knowing that they could have a very negative mutation? (like Glob Herman or Doop). Of course you would be proud of your child no matter what, but would you risk condemning them to a miserable life just so they could be a mutant?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Thunderscream

@ExtraLarge said:

This is not about if you would be proud of your mutant children, but if you would make them mutant or human if you had the choice. Would you wish your child to be a mutant knowing they will most likely go through life feared and hated? Knowing that they could have a very negative mutation? (like Glob Herman or Doop). Of course you would be proud of your child no matter what, but would you risk condemning them to a miserable life just so they could be a mutant?

I'm just gonna come out and say it: I feel like, considering your previous antigay posts, that you're trying to make a point here using the oh so famous metaphor of mutants. If me and my partner either used a surrogate mother or decided to adopt and ended up with "Glob Herman", we'd be happy to have introduced a unique life to the universe. Of course he would have tough times, he's different, his skeleton is exposed and his paraffin wax body is extremely flammable. He'll have to adapt and grow a thicker skin because there are jerks on this planet who reject people who's exterior and upbringing doesn't match their own.

To sum it all up, I would never change the child unless there was some kind of defect that would put his/her life in immediate danger. Of course anyone wants their offspring to live a long and happy life. I feel sorry for those who would do anything to jeopardize what could be a spectacular future in favor of "normal".

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ExtraLarge

Actually, this has nothing to do with the gay issue. I abandoned that because that is a debate that can go on forever. I make no correlation between gays and mutants because they are tied together by nothing except the negative perception of people who are different. This has more to do with my previous comment on why it is so important to Cyclops that more mutant children be born. And to clarify once again, this is not about whether or not you would be proud of your child if he/she were a mutant, but rather if you were a mutant, would you make the choice for your unborn child to be a mutant or human. Either way has its pros and cons. As a parent who wants your child to have the best life possible, do you choose mutant in the hopes that he can live a normal life in a world where humans and mutants eventually peacefully coexist, or do you choose human because there are to many risks due to the possible nature of the mutation and the fear and hate of a large portion of the population.

centerpage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By centerpage

great power comes with great responsibility.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jhazzroucher

I want them to become mutants. and we will be a superhero family. : )

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Hell yeah we could all be awesome :D

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Osian2

If they were human or mutants i'd accept them either way. It's like if your child was going to be black you wouldn't make him white would you? Sure if your children were mutants they might have problems but they also might have a great life and be thankful for their mutation.

Solarflare32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Solarflare32

I'd want them to be mutant as i see the value in magnetos view

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By papad1992

@jhazzroucher said:

I want them to become mutants. and we will be a superhero family. : )

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ExtraLarge

@Solarflare32 said:

I'd want them to be mutant as i see the value in magnetos view

Thank you for answering! I think you are the first one to accurately interpret what I was asking. Personally, I think I would choose for them to be human because I would not want to risk their happiness for my values. However, if they were born mutants, we would definitely be a super hero family and we would destroy the Incredibles at the super hero family picnic.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Rumble Man

Yes, even disabled children are okay with me

CreamPieMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CreamPieMe

I WOULD FOR SURE. SO THEY COULD HAVE SPEED SUPER STRENGTH. ENOUGH STRENGTH TO PUT EVERYONE'S HEAD UP SOMEONES A$$

No Caption Provided

SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, especially if they would get good powers and not something boring or worthless. Reality alteration is cool, but I wouldn't want my kids to be mutants if all they got were useless mutations like purple skin or long nails which would make it hard for them to engage in regular life.

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By MadRooster81

I would send them to Xavier, he works wonders on Mutants!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.