Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

If you were a Mutant

D_Pooly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By D_Pooly

I know its been done befor (many many times) but screw it ima do it again. 

If you woke one day and realized you were a mutant, What would you hope your powers were? What would you do with these newly found powers? Would you have a codename and if you did what would it be? 

Example: 

Codename- Striker

Powers- Teleportation, Agility  (I dont mind physical mutations but id love Crimson skin =D. ) 

Id prolly do some bad suff at furst too tempting, like teleport into the girls lockeroom and maybe a bank vault or 2 but id end up just going around superhero style and kick some punk ass then prolly join a team of some fellow mutants and put the X-men to shame with our ass kickery
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Thunderscream

I couldn't find the older thread for this so I'm just gonna roll with this one.

I'd like to be able to create a personal forcefield capable of extracting oxygen from the environment allowing me to submerge underwater or survive in space for limited amounts of time (and also permitting flight). The field would be strong enough withstand extreme pressure & traverse extreme atmospheric temperature changes, keeping a consistent, livable temperature within. When provoked, I could use the field in a similar fashion to Armor, granting strength in proportion to the invulnerability the field provides. I'd also dig immortality so I could float through the universe and encounter extraterrestrial life.

I think maybe Wanderer would be an appropriate name.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EnSabahNurX

Codename- Draven

Powers: Telekinesis, telepathy, enhance agility and strength(not to like an insane level, Im talking a decent boost nothing crazy)

I would live in a world of gray when it comes to how I use my powers, yea I would help people because it would be fun but I'd also probably use my telepathy for personal gain. Also I most likely wouldn't join a hero group but maybe do some freelance for them lol

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

No code name

Reality Warping

I'd do whatever felt like doing

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By The Impersonator

Codename- Towel Man

Powers- Can lock the towel over my face in telekinetic mode and long periods of time.

My face just got burned due to the chemical incident. However, I thought of placing a towel over my head telekinetically. That way, I would find those punks who did this to me and save the world. I took the name, TOWEL MAN! :P

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By Dracade102

Code Name: Cerebro  
    Powers: Control over other people's emotions 

I'd do as I please and maybe even help people when my time is sparing enough. Emotional influence isn't as intimidating or taxingly annoying as telepathy may be, so I shouldn't have much to worry about if I play my cards right.

DragonfireXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DragonfireXL

Code Name: Draco

Powers: Fire Breath, Enhanced Strength, and Enhanced Durability

Appearance: Body is covered in green scales, long reptillian tail, claws and fangs, with sharp yellow eyes.

I would attempt to live a normal life but couldn't, so Id take my anger out on the flatscans.

busman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By busman

I would love to be able to animate inanimate objects with powers like say turnin regular trees into ents or bricks into flying hover bombs etc. Turning the pavement into a snake etc. That type of thing. Almost like a super powerful sorcerer but not like Strange. Almost like a life giver, but only physical things into stuff that i could imagine. Kinda like a Green Lantern but with objects from the physical realm that were once inanimate.

Alias= The Illustrator

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By John Valentine

@busman said:

I would love to be able to animate inanimate objects with powers like say turnin regular trees into ents or bricks into flying hover bombs etc. Turning the pavement into a snake etc. That type of thing. Almost like a super powerful sorcerer but not like Strange. Almost like a life giver, but only physical things into stuff that i could imagine. Kinda like a Green Lantern but with objects from the physical realm that were once inanimate.

Alias= The Illustrator

No, thanks.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEGRAAF

Codename: Sub Zero (i know thats a rip off name)

Powers: Basically Icemans full potential powers and abilities with an immunity to telepathy

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By fodigg

I'd love to just have gateway's powers. Any sort of mass teleportation. I'd get myself registered and open a transportation business.

busman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By busman

@John Valentine said:

@busman said:

Alias= The Illustrator

No, thanks.

So?... This is a complete self-opinion based thread so why is mine so shitty? I honestly think being able to give ANY inanimate object life to however you see fit, within the confines of its molecular arrangement, would make you immensely powerful and IMO a pretty deep and/or troubled character. It would be easy to wright a story for a villain, hero or neutral style mystic with that power set too. This thread (to me) is like a "hey post your idea, if someone thinks it's sic they'll say something if they don't they'll just go about there business writing their characters own bio" plz correct if wrong

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mayo88m

No code name, but my power would be to look incredibly sexy in whatever spandex outfit I decided appropriate to wear. Oh, and I'd be able to juggle no less than three relationships at a time. Now, THAT'S power. lol

busman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By busman

@Mayo88m said:

No code name, but my power would be to look incredibly sexy in whatever spandex outfit I decided appropriate to wear. Oh, and I'd be able to juggle no less than three relationships at a time. Now, THAT'S power. lol

HAHAHAHA would you be a man though? because the spandex isn't needed then maybe some jeans n a tee shirt (unless your going for a famous 80s band look) haha. Post still stands as straight awesomeness and rule in every sense. : )

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Superguy0009e

Codename: Blaze

Powers: 1st Mutation: Super Speed

2nd Mutation: Flame powers

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mayo88m

@busman said:

@Mayo88m said:

HAHAHAHA would you be a man though? because the spandex isn't needed then maybe some jeans n a tee shirt (unless your going for a famous 80s band look) haha. Post still stands as straight awesomeness and rule in every sense. : )

Only real men wear spandex dude.

busman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By busman

@Mayo88m said:

@busman said:

@Mayo88m said:

Only real men wear spandex dude.

HAHAHAHA!!! come to think of it your right man... Iron Maiden, Metallica, Dimebag, Slayer, All the black metal bands. I retract my former statement; Please have it stricken from the records and let it read, "because spandex is only cool in neon colors or straight black. Unless your going for an animal print of course)

TheGremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGremlin

Blaze Basically the same powers as the human torch but I wouldn't want to be solid when I'm on fire. I'd make some toast and go back to bed.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By BatteredArmor

Codename: CharlieSheen Man

Powers: Winning

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@BlackArmor said:

Codename: CharlieSheen Man

Powers: Winning

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kidchipotle

Code name: Bulrog

Power: I would have the power to have all the powers

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By GREGalicious

My codename would be PINTURA (spanish for paint/painting).

I would have limited reality-altering abilities. I would take on the traits and abilities of my drawings (or paintings). The drawings would manifest as temporary tattoos on my body. As I used my powers, my skin would slowly absorb the ink until the tat (and power) was gone. The more energy I exert, the faster the ink is absorbed.

nadim6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I could have a superpower... mhh good question.

I guess the power to become Intangibility at will. I would never need any keys and I could just walk away when I would be sad also no one could get a hold of me. Also not to be hit by a car or be afraid someone would hit me. When being able to control my emotions enough I would like to go and help save life by doing research rescue mission in building that felt apart. But would really need to overcome my fears.

My code name would be: Free Spirit

Super power: Controlled Intangibility

I just would try to live my life as long as I could normally until my self push me to change the world, because of all the injustices that happens. I would hopefully try to find a team of super-heroes, but knowing my luck I might have to work on my own..

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telepathy, telekinesis, energy projection and the ability to heal others.

Probably too much, but it's what I'd like to be able to do. ;p

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Codename: The timekeeper

Power: space-time manipulation

Use: at first probably petty stuff like watching how historical events played out or just using it to make myself arrive at places on time. However after a while I would start experimenting with the power and find out what changes to the past causes what results.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pffft.

Reality bender, because why even bother?! I have it all.

This needs limitation, since you know, human nature and stuff...

Avatar image for don_higashikata
    Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My power would be omnipotence

I'd travel through the ages and appear as a variety of mythical beings and creatures to various populations of humans at different points in history. Turns out that everyone from Buddha to Zeus to the Minotaur of Crete was me. Mwa ha ha.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GladeusEx

Codename: Rectify

Power: Ability to repair anything to a previous state; machinery, people, objects.

Basically thought of what would be the most profitable power that doesn't involve time travel, reality warping or obscene power. Shenanigans ensue when it's exploited to repair aging.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

My Mutant Name would be: Mastery

My Power: Power Simulation, Power Absorption/Theft, Power Disruption, Power Manipulation

I would be the master manipulator of all mutant powers. I manipulate superpowers.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My mutant name will be the Plot.

My powers are Omniversal PIS Manipulation.

I can basically mess around with the plot and I'm more powerful than the Living Tribunal and the Beyonders.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rahiem9123

Codename : callous

Mutant power Omnikinetic Manipulation

Matter Manipulation

Atomic Manipulation

Biological Manipulation

Electron Manipulation

Elemental Manipulation

Ionic Manipulation

Telekinesis

Telepathy

Use : Hmm i wouldn't become a hero nor a villian just mostly a spector only using my abilities for my own gain

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Codename: Ummmmm "That Guy in the Mask"

Mutant Power: Nightcrawler's exactly. Preferably looking normal but I'd deal with how he looks if I had to.

I'd be doing everything I could to help people

Buy a police scanner and help

• Rescue people from Fires, buildings, construction sites, being late (if it's a slow day :) ), hell, help people get their keys out of their locked car...I give a damn.
    • Teleport incriminating evidence on heads of hospitals so they have to treat indigent patients sometimes. (slippery slope, but I'd be judicious with it.)
    • Teleport jumpers off of roofs.
    • Keep people from beating the hell out of each other at protests (oh I LIKE this one)
    • Get victims from the scene of a crime/accident to the hospital in the blink of an eye.
    • Find some crack houses and teleport and beat people all over the place then call the police. (Dangerous but worth it).
    • If I'm REALLY lucky interrupt a real crime in progress and screw up a bad guy's day, and try to help out the victim until the authorities arrived.
    • Heck, if I can help people and it won't completely screw up my life I'm down for it.
    • Sleep reaaallllyyyy well.
    SuperAbrasax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have the ability to create a fully realistic internal reality that convinced me I was an all-powerful demigod, and also preserved me alive while I hallucinated in my imaginary world. Safer than actualy being an all-powerful being, in Marvel, at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.