If you could kill one X-men, who would it be and why?

#1 Posted by Fancy Creed (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I would kill/get rid of....Probably....Jean Grey. I just find her annoying and very boring. Plus, they never really made her out to be a very strong character. (But that's just my opinion)

#2 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Should I..............?

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18867 posts) - - Show Bio

You know you want to say it.

#4 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say it... CYCLOPS!

#5 Posted by Fancy Creed (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah...He should totally die. Seriously!

#6 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops could be a good character, alot of people hate on em but I think he's cool. Anyway I would off Wolverine. He used to be a sweet character back when his healing factor only meant he could take a beaten as well as he dished one out, but now its ridiculous.

#8 Posted by Knifes (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I so so agree with cyclops and wolverine. Death to them all but if any one else could SO die. It would have to be kitty pryde cause to me she is a slut.

#9 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops.

#10 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to really hate Cyclops(despise might be a better word), but in the last year or so I've come to understand that he is indeed an integral part of the X-men, even if he is a whiny little bitch. If you think about the character, he was an orphan that got moved around a lot and fucked with by Mr. Sinister. Xavier Institute was the only place he was able to call home so I can now understand why he's so devoted and such a goody two shoes. I think all the X-men that deserve to die have already died three or four times by now.

Storm should have a eulogy sometime, though I don't think they should keep her dead.

I whole heartedly agree that Wolverine is over used, but some of the best stuff has come from Wolverine's solo book.

No one stays dead in comics anyway, so a death is just a vacation.

#11 Posted by RAY (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/user/2000/fcdf25d6e191893e705819b177cddea0/87588_400.jpg"

i must say, i agree, scott is just pointless to me man. he is quite annoying, with his im a big boy attitude, and him and jean was workin my nerves for the longest, cause it would always irritate me that jean would always pass out EVERY TIME SHE USED HER FREAKIN POWERS!!!!!! AND SCOTT (with his little arguements with wolverine) WAS JUST UHG!!!! I WAS LIKE, IF YALL GONNA FIGHT PLEASE DO SO, CAUSE WOLVERINE WILL KILL U SCOTT! so yeah it would either b cyclops or jean for me

#12 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

jubilee... i dont even know why she exists?

#13 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"jubilee... i dont even know why she exists?"

She was a cool introduction to X-men in the cartoon, but I do agree. She's just a Boomer/Dazzler rip off.

#14 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

scott summers should die.

#15 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet Cyclops is one of if not thee most hated Marvel character ever. Back in the original X-Men books he was cool, back before Wolverine and Rogue and Storm came in and got more creative attention.

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18867 posts) - - Show Bio

Knifes says:

"It would have to be kitty pryde cause to me she is a slut."

Wait, what?

#17 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Knifes says:

Wait, what?"

Um... yeah, that was my reaction.

I could just jump on the band wagon and say Cyclops but I'm a huge Astonishing X-men fan and I love how he works in that team so I'm not gonna. In fact, I'm going to be a little controversial and say Storm if only because they married her off to Black Panther and that's enough to kill any character :D Kidding, Storm just irritates me more than any other character right now

#18 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

Walkingstone says:

"Buckshot says:
"Knifes says:
Wait, what?"
I could just jump on the band wagon and say Cyclops but I'm a huge Astonishing X-men fan and I love how he works in that team so I'm not gonna. In fact, I'm going to be a little controversial and say Storm if only because they married her off to Black Panther and that's enough to kill any character :D Kidding, Storm just irritates me more than any other character right now"

I agree, it was bad for both characters in my book.

#19 Posted by Knifes (17 posts) - - Show Bio

ok maybe not a slut but if any thing how lame is she. Agree with storm as well but i'll have to stick with kitty I just hated her as a character. I'm not really sure y maybe it's the hole i can't dont any thing but walk through stuff thing...

#20 Posted by Miss Teri (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine.

He's no fun anymore, so overrated. The only way for them to redeem him is to reveal that there still is a Skrull-verine running around to explain his 40+ appearances/month, and that he was the one regenerating from a skeleton.

#21 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked Scott but I never really hated him either. I wouldn't mind seeing him, Wolverine and Jean die. I'm with you Rated, I used to love Wolverine before he got overexposed and overpowered, but the person who irritated me the most from the X-Men is Gambit. I would love to see him become just a memory, only seen again in flashbacks and reprints.

#22 Posted by Miss Teri (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, also Gambit. Maybe he's the one to die in the current X-Men arc.

#23 Posted by Miss Teri (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#24 Posted by thunder man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I would kill Cyclops and Proffesor X! They think they're so kewl.

#25 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

I would kill off Lyla Chenney.

The Planet Touring Rock Goddess of the Galaxy was never really worth reading about, except for the parts with Guido [Strong Guy] as her body guard. Other than that? Who gives a flying fruck. Anybody have her new CD?

See? Didn't think so.

Useless.

Die, bitch!

DIE!!!!

#26 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Rated R Superstar says:

"Cyclops could be a good character, alot of people hate on em but I think he's cool. Anyway I would off Wolverine. He used to be a sweet character back when his healing factor only meant he could take a beaten as well as he dished one out, but now its ridiculous."

I so agree. I used to love wolverine back when his name was logan and he was a wanna be samurai struggling with his honor and fighting to maintain his humanity. Now that he is marvel's poster boy and ever writer with a pulse has changed this and that about him I think he is boring and overexposed. It was so much cooler when it took him months to totally recover from Shingen's sword wound and when he would struggle through a fight or have to avoid fights trying to heal. I don't agree with a lot of things they've done to wolverine: New Name, Crazy suped-up healing factor, Bone claws (why werent they there before?), a son, the list goes on and on. I would rather see them kill him than keep ruining the guy that back in the eighties and early nineties was the coolest character around.

#27 Posted by pickleicious (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd get rid of Beast. He's just not interesting to me at all. There are plenty of geniuses in the Marvel Universe. And it's not like Beast does a whole lot of fighting anymore anyway. I liked him when he was with the Avengers but eh.

#28 Posted by RAY (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Walkingstone says:

"Buckshot says:
"Knifes says:
Wait, what?"
I could just jump on the band wagon and say Cyclops but I'm a huge Astonishing X-men fan and I love how he works in that team so I'm not gonna. In fact, I'm going to be a little controversial and say Storm if only because they married her off to Black Panther and that's enough to kill any character :D Kidding, Storm just irritates me more than any other character right now"

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! storm is great, she is way better than cyclops!!!!!!!!!! plus we gotta leave some black ppl lol

#29 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Teri says:

"Post Deleted."

I love you.

#30 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

GoocherLee says:

"I would kill off Lyla Chenney.The Planet Touring Rock Goddess of the Galaxy was never really worth reading about, except for the parts with Guido [Strong Guy] as her body guard. Other than that? Who gives a flying fruck. Anybody have her new CD?See? Didn't think so.Useless.Die, bitch!DIE!!!!"

...Lila Cheney was never an X-Man.

#31 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Rated R Superstar says:
"Cyclops could be a good character, alot of people hate on em but I think he's cool. Anyway I would off Wolverine. He used to be a sweet character back when his healing factor only meant he could take a beaten as well as he dished one out, but now its ridiculous."
I so agree. I used to love wolverine back when his name was logan and he was a wanna be samurai struggling with his honor and fighting to maintain his humanity. Now that he is marvel's poster boy and ever writer with a pulse has changed this and that about him I think he is boring and overexposed. It was so much cooler when it took him months to totally recover from Shingen's sword wound and when he would struggle through a fight or have to avoid fights trying to heal. I don't agree with a lot of things they've done to wolverine: New Name, Crazy suped-up healing factor, Bone claws (why werent they there before?), a son, the list goes on and on. I would rather see them kill him than keep ruining the guy that back in the eighties and early nineties was the coolest character around."

I am right there with you. Even down to the bone claws. When they first showed those my only reaction was, WTF???

#32 Posted by RAY (324 posts) - - Show Bio

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i have the perfect person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EMMA FROST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SRRY SHE JUST BOTHERS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HER POWERS R WONDERFUL, BUT SHE IS JUST UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't you know what Terry Pratchett says about overusing exclamation marks?

#34 Posted by RAY (324 posts) - - Show Bio

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no

#35 Posted by Hitsugaya Toushiro (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill them all X-men Sucks!!!!!

#36 Posted by Hitsugaya Toushiro (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#37 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"GoocherLee says:
"I would kill off Lyla Chenney. The Planet Touring Rock Goddess of the Galaxy was never really worth reading about, except for the parts with Guido [Strong Guy] as her body guard. Other than that? Who gives a flying fruck. Anybody have her new CD? See? Didn't think so. Useless. Die, bitch! DIE!!!!"
...Lila Cheney was never an X-Man."
Hmm... alright, so I goofed. Furthermore, she ranks so low on the give-a-crap meter that ComicVine doesn't even have a listing for her. What does that tell ya? X-Man or not, let's kill her and make a footnote to Strong Guy's entry. ;)
Post Edited:2007-07-05 16:26:54
#38 Posted by RAY (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitsugaya Toushiro says:

"Kill them all X-men Sucks!!!!!"

no sir! xmen doesnt suck, wtf is wrong wit u?

#39 Posted by Hitsugaya Toushiro (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Its fucking damn old......

#40 Posted by RAY (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitsugaya Toushiro says:

"Its fucking damn old......"

ok, so thats still not an excuse

#41 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

i say gambit to and what do you mean overpowered

#42 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"I never liked Scott but I never really hated him either. I wouldn't mind seeing him, Wolverine and Jean die. I'm with you Rated, I used to love Wolverine before he got overexposed and overpowered, but the person who irritated me the most from the X-Men is Gambit. I would love to see him become just a memory, only seen again in flashbacks and reprints."

what do you mean overpowerd

#43 Posted by Darkchild (40542 posts) - - Show Bio

Bishop

#44 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman0409 says:

"what do you mean overpowerd"

His healing factor for one. It's gone far beyond what it needs to be. Far beyond what it was when he was at his most interesting as a character.

#45 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Valkaad says:
"Rated R Superstar says:
I so agree. I used to love wolverine back when his name was logan and he was a wanna be samurai struggling with his honor and fighting to maintain his humanity. Now that he is marvel's poster boy and ever writer with a pulse has changed this and that about him I think he is boring and overexposed. It was so much cooler when it took him months to totally recover from Shingen's sword wound and when he would struggle through a fight or have to avoid fights trying to heal. I don't agree with a lot of things they've done to wolverine: New Name, Crazy suped-up healing factor, Bone claws (why werent they there before?), a son, the list goes on and on. I would rather see them kill him than keep ruining the guy that back in the eighties and early nineties was the coolest character around."
I am right there with you. Even down to the bone claws. When they first showed those my only reaction was, WTF???"

Yeah, if they were always a part of him and his bones were laced with adamantium why wouldn't his bone claws just be laced with adamantium? Why would they just appear after he had the adamantium pulled out of him.

#46 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

GoocherLee says:

"fesak says:
"GoocherLee says:
"I would kill off Lyla Chenney. The Planet Touring Rock Goddess of the Galaxy was never really worth reading about, except for the parts with Guido [Strong Guy] as her body guard. Other than that? Who gives a flying fruck. Anybody have her new CD? See? Didn't think so. Useless. Die, bitch! DIE!!!!"
Hmm... alright, so I goofed. Furthermore, she ranks so low on the give-a-crap meter that ComicVine doesn't even have a listing for her. What does that tell ya? X-Man or not, let's kill her and make a footnote to Strong Guy's entry. ;)
Post Edited:2007-07-05 16:26:54"

http://www.comicvine.com/lila-cheney/4556/

#47 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubile (HA HA HA HA HA)

#48 Posted by GoocherLee (365 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"GoocherLee says:
"fesak says:
"GoocherLee says:
Post Edited:2007-07-05 16:26:54"
" />http://www.comicvine.com/lila-cheney/4556/"

DOH! The crow eating never ends... okay, so I was looking for Lyla Cheney, and not Lila Cheney. My bad. I still think we should kill her.

#49 Posted by Blowout (217 posts) - - Show Bio

i love cyclops. from the 60's to 90's i like how he was "mister rules". he clashes really well with wolverine, or at least use to. they have just been messing up on him recently.

if she was on the team, i would kill jubilee. since she is on New Warriors and she seems like a changed person, she can live.

someone on the team right now i would kill... hepzibath. i dont like her on the x-men (sorry if i affend anyone). i know i should give her a chance, but i really prefer her on the starjammers where i dont have to think about her. without corsair, the starjammers are nothing in my opinion. anyway, she is an alien (not a mutant) and i dont like her on the X-men. Soorry.

#50 Posted by Blowout (217 posts) - - Show Bio

i would kill professor xavier also. he use to be cool, but after he was responsible for the Genesis X-men's death and all the drama with Vulcan, he should have just died. i dont really like him anymore. i think it would be more fun to see the x-men with out xavier.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.