If the X-Men aged like us

#1 Posted by Hysteria (220 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking today about what would happen if the X-Men aged like us. For example lets say Cyclops was 18 when he debueted back in 1963 that would mean he was born in 1945. So if he aged like us now he would be 67. Here a few more examples for you.

Original X-Men- Late teens, early 20s in 1963 so now they would be late 60s early 70s.

Storm- early to mid 20s in 1975 so now would be around the early 60s by now.

Gambit- mid to late 20s in 1990 so now would be Late 40s early 50s

Kitty Pryde- 13 1/2 in 1980 so now would be 45/46.

#2 Posted by Misterkyle91 (71 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like Marvel to make a universe/whatever based on this concept, with ageing, successors and people staying dead. I think they tried to do that with the Ultimate stuff but its time for a redo.

#3 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

@Misterkyle91: I agree that would be a cool universe to see

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't be interested.

#5 Posted by Vincent92 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes: @Misterkyle91: @Hysteria: http://www.comicvine.com/genext-where-do-we-go-from-here/37-130364/

there is one

#6 Posted by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

A six issue mini would be cool, but I don't think I would read it if it was an on going. Something in the style of the Watchmen.

#7 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen a story with them old before. I can't remember which one though.... I remember that Storm evolved into an embodiment of weather, Rouge had a braid, and was quite old like 60 and I think Cyclops was in a wheel chair....

#8 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- I really do not care about comic characters aging in real time, but they do need to do a better job of at least making the characters age relative to the others better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.