Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

If 616 Rogue had a kid with Magneto would Magnus be reborn?

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

Edited By DATNIGGA

its a shame how Magnus died so early in the Exiles

he had potential & for the little time he was alive he was still Superior to his dad he probably could have became Omega level if he wasn't already

No Caption Provided

he was the result of Rogue & Magneto having a child.. of course when i was reading this i thought nawwww rogue & magneto would never hook up in 616... but they have lol & this got me thinking since there in a relationship..

if they had a child he could very well be Magnus yes the original Magnus is dead but with Union between rogue & Magneto a new 616 Magnus could be born effectively resurrecting his character from the marvel graveyard (That is home to many dead, underused, & creative characters)

Do you think this is a possibility?

AOA magnus
    AOA magnus
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skaddix

No, characters rarely get pregnant.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

Why get pregnant when you can do what Jean Grey has? Just wait for alternate reality children to come into your life. Lol. That way you likely don't have to deal with diapers and the pains of childbirth.

Besides, not many people like the Rogento pairing and would complain so much about them having a 616 child.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Blood1991

Well Maybe there are two Cables running around. Plus Magneto does have some grade A mutant makin genes.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tomchu

And even if they DO get pregnant, its only a matter of time before some ass from the future comes and says we need to train/ save/ do something about your child that we can ONLY do in the future, and then the child comes back in like 20 issues later or smth as a full grown adult. Cable, Hope...

Good job, Marvel, teaching us that raising your kids isn't hard, just send them into the future and expect them to come back in a few months.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Skaddix: Jean got pregent by cyclops, peter got Mary Jane pregnant, luke cage got his wife pregnant, mystique got pregnant, people get pregnant People get pregnant

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blood1991

@DATNIGGA: Holy crap do you think if Rouge was pregnant with a mutant kid she could use their powers?

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@DATNIGGA said:

@Skaddix: Jean got pregent by cyclops, peter got Mary Jane pregnant, luke cage got his wife pregnant, mystique got pregnant, people get pregnant People get pregnant

1. When did Jean get Pregnant? And even if she did, she never had the child. All the children Jean has are a result of either Maddie or alternate reality. Maddie got pregnant, and look what happened with that: Cable being sent to the future.

2. MJ lost the baby, remember.

4. Mystique's children mostly were adult when they were introduced so they never had to handle parenting. Loophole.

5. People do get pregnant in comics, but getting pregnant doesn't mean you will have the child, or will raise the child. It's the loophole to allow the children to stay, but keep the parent's from having to deal with the problems with childhood in comics.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DATNIGGA

@TheGreyOutcastX:

Yea my bad i meant maddie. & yes mj lost it but.. spidergirl there daughter did have a series so.. something did happen that i cant remember...

but yea i see what you mean

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@DATNIGGA: Spider-Girl was an alternate reality called MC2. Didn't happen in the 616. In alternate realities, you can play with things cause continuity is yours to toy with. Not like that in the 616. Look at Franklin Richards, they never tell you his age for a reason so time/aging isn't an issue.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lykopis

No.

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Nudeviking

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Why get pregnant when you can do what Jean Grey has? Just wait for alternate reality children to come into your life. Lol. That way you likely don't have to deal with diapers and the pains of childbirth.

Besides, not many people like the Rogento pairing and would complain so much about them having a 616 child.

I never understood why Rogue and Magneto pissed so many people off. It's not like it's a new concept. They were together in AoA. They were together in Earth-Whatever-Number-It-Is-That-Exiles-Magnus-Hailed-From. What is Rogue not good enough for Magneto or something?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rickbarry

@Nudeviking: It's the age difference. Plus there are a lot of people that dig the whole Gambit angle. I never got into that couple.

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Nudeviking

@Rickbarry: Because of comic book science isn't Magneto only like 5 years older than her now? No one gets pissed off about Captain America and Sharon Carter hooking up. Is being frozen in a block of ice less objectionable than magically reversing ones age?

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Nudeviking said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

I never understood why Rogue and Magneto pissed so many people off. It's not like it's a new concept. They were together in AoA. They were together in Earth-Whatever-Number-It-Is-That-Exiles-Magnus-Hailed-From. What is Rogue not good enough for Magneto or something?

Tell that to all the Rogue/Gambit shippers that refuse to let Rogneto happen. I think it was always the "that's only an alternate universe." argument and people felt it shouldn't happen in the 616. And also I think has to do with Mag's age, and majorly cause it felt forced after AoX to keep it going. Not to mention the results of it caused Gambit to not be written like himself.

Frankly, I am not a fan of it myself. But that's my opinion.

SarahB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SarahB

@Nudeviking said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

It's not the age thing. except that no matter how young the man looks, he still acts/thinks like a 80 year old who was in a concentration camp. What people hate about Rogue and Magneto is how she has to alway be subserviant to him when they are together like in AoA where she never questrioned him even when he was willing to let her loose her mind to find out what Bishop knew and how only he could touch her and didn't even help her touch her kid. She was leader only because of him - everything she was came from him and he had all the control. She always comes out in the end like the stupid Exiles story of Magnus (who was a boring character and why they killed him first) as Magneto's devoted wife not spitfire Rogue. In 616, it's even worse. Rogue never confronts him about him electoructing her or forcing her to use her powers while she begged him not to and she almost killed someone over it during the trial of Gambit and he never even bothers to admit it much less offer any appology or reason. That she never once questions why for 20 years of stories he talked down to her like child and only conveniently is interested in her when she's not super strong and has no touch issues (ala the Savage Land and now). Why its always her that has to be considering seeing things from his perspective (his mutant mission) not that he'd ever consider going to the school to be with her. That he was Cyclop's assassin to kill both Legion and Wolverine if necessay yet claimed he wasn't killing people to her yet she never says a word about it. That he "says" he's changed but still kills a human when he gets mad. That they only get together after Legion messes with her mind so she had to be with him in that Tower just like Legion messed Frenzy;s mind with Scott but you don't see Frenzy with Scott. Rogue always has to forgive and forget with Magneto and throw herself at him while all he has to do is show up and say "he's interested". She never confronts him over anything like she did with Gambit and she doesn't even get peeved that he can't be bothered to pick her up when she's hurt because it might make him look weak which he specifically says in Legacy. Rogue does all the subservient and accepting stuff every time Marvel puts them together while Magneto gets to play super and powerful leader she adores. Rogue never took that crap until Marvel decided she had a crush on Magneto. And that's just what comes to mind on my first thoughts. There is more.

THAT'S why so many people hate it.

As for getting Magnus in 616 - who'd want him? He's just a Rogue/Magneto hybrid with no real reason to exist, Magneto already has a child (Polaris) with magnetic powerrs or anything interesting enough to tie a major female chracter down to being pregnant and with child which as everyone noted will end up being aged or killed anyway because its a boring idea to tie to character to if they finally want to do something with her besides make her mommy when she barely ages.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DATNIGGA

@SarahB: You know.. I never thought of it that way of course i did notice shes a little less feisty than before but i assumed that was just due to the fact that she can now touch people

Trinitytiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Trinitytiger

- Sorry but that's a load of BS. Magneto never had "control" over Rogue like she was some puppet. She was a capable leader who took advice (rarely) from Magneto regarding the fight against Apocalypse. He asked her to touch Bishop and connect both them to his memories. He didn't command her too. Plus he had the x-men gathered there encase something happened to them.

We barely saw her or Magneto in the Magnus story featured in exile. It's not like being a devoted spouse or parent is a bad thing, so I don't get the point of even bringing that up.

Her confronting Magneto for something he was semi responsible for (nanny actually electrocuted everyone in the prison whether this was a direct order from "Erik the red" or a result of her programming as "prison guard" remains to be seen) won't actually solve anything. Everything that Magneto did he did against the entire x-men because they were his enemies. It's not some abusive boyfriend crap that everyone is trying to play it out to be. Even if she did bring up he would apologize for personally hurting her.

He didn't become interested in her because she was depowered. That's so ridiculous. They had a "spark" they weren't expecting it, but it happened. it had nothing to do with the fact that she was depowered.

She has never changed herself to see his perspective or anything of the sort. The reason he didn't follow her like a puppy dog to JGSHL is because he's a grown ass man and she's a grown ass woman. They can't spend their life acting like lovesick teenagers. They have to walk their own paths and not force each other to choose between what they want for themselves, or having someone to hold them because they're lonely. They're ADULTS not teenagers. Their decisions should reflect that.

Scott sent Magneto on the mission encase something happened and Legion went crazy again. He was not there to take David into a dark alley and beat him to death. He was there as a precaution, and if anyone had issues with that they should take it up with cyclops since it was HIS ORDER.

Unless you're speaking of the events in Jason Aaron's Wolverine run in which Wolverine is possessed by demons and cyclops gathers a team to defeat him. Then you have know idea what you're speaking of.

Magneto never told her he was going to stop killing. He made a joke (yes, he can joke around. read CC's Excalibur run) about killing "less" in front of her. Also what human has he killed lately?

She had feelings for magneto before AoX she just didn't bother to deal with them. It wasn't until after AoX that she decided that she wanted to "experiment" with a relationship(hookup w/e you want tot call it) with Magneto even after he tried to get her to go back to Gambit.

So far we've haven't seen Rogue(or anyone else) forgive or forget anything that Magneto has done, but constantly bringing it up won't do any good. Him apologizing is not going to change anything he's honestly not sorry for a lot of things he's done for his cause. He has already payed for his sins (some of them) and after HoM he's finally starting to realize that the things he thought he wanted for himself aren't going to bring him happiness.

Again, Rogue and Magneto are ADULTS. He doesn't need to cry over her bed-side when she's sick or hurt. He knew she was going to be fine because she took Frenzy's invulnerability. He never said it would make him look weak. He said something along the lines of "the strong don't like to be seen weak in front of others" which was referring to Rogue and not himself.

Rogue has NEVER been subservient to magneto in any universe, and that's one of the reasons that make them appealing. The fact that she will stand up to him and tell him to piss off when he does something to anger her. She's not going put up with all the relationship guilt like when she was with Gambit (so glad that they're both free of each other's neediness). All these so called "Rogue fans" want to put the blame for her "personality change" (apparently not acting like a 13 yr old is bad?) on Magneto, when she began showing signs of change waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Mike Carey introduced the romance subplot. Rogue has always been her own woman even when she was muddled, mixed, glued, and combined with Gambit at the intestinal organs. She has her own mind and her own feelings. She's not going to let Magneto or anyone else control her and her actions. People want to complain that she's subservient when she has in fact told everyone to go f***k themselves by disobeying orders and making her own decisions. Rogue is Rogue, not some twisted victim born from them mind a couple of butthurt "fans" who only want her to be who they want her to be.

There's no reason for the amount of time people put into distorting facts and spreading lies about both characters just because they don't like the thought of certain characters together. It was a small subplot that had almost nothing to do with Legacy at all, but haters want to hate. They ended up ruining Legacy for a lot of people because they were too busy focusing on a small part of a story that and creating a massive hissy fit over it.

As for the topic at hand. I wouldn't mind if their son (if it actually happens) had a mix of Magnus and Charles powers. Magnetic manipulation + medal midus touch + untapped Psychic powers.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lykopis

@SarahB: I liked a lot of your points.

@Trinitytiger: I don't disagree with your take on who Rogue is, but relegating Rogue afecionados into "butthurt" fans because she hooked up with the person responsible for the suffering of humanity and mutant alike (regardless of whether you think he's made up for it or not) is a little harsh. I would rather Rogue be on her own. Why Carey or anyone else feel the need to have her explore a sexual relationship with anyone I find --- annoying. For both Magneto AND her characters. I find it a cheap attempt to lend credibility to him as someone "accepted" into the X-Men fold, and to her as having control over her mutant ability.

Oh --- but yes, if possible, Charles and Magnus babies please. Let's get Sinister on that quick. :)

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19  Edited By SC  Moderator

Chris Claremont has gone on the record that Rogue and Magneto was just a throw away idea with little to no substance or real future - but lo behold 90's X-Men writers who wanted to do that thing when they have to let readers know they are X-Fans to by taking small references from the past and blowing them up into plot points.  Any coupling has some potential, but Rogue and Magneto already have a rocky and odd history with each other - subjective to peoples personal interpretations of reading - but I personally fall into the camp that it was extremely icky pairing in AOA and way too forced and inorganic in 616.  

Plus character romances are just hard anyway. Rogue is better off flying solo and so are most of her most popular pairing partners. Except maybe Pulse. He needs a bigger character to latch on to. Plus why do people want to see heroes with kids? Why don't we just make every single character pregnant. Every single one, including males and robots, sentient planets and Galactus. (then again he did give birth to Galacta)  

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By dernman  Online

Never like Rogue and Magneto.

SarahB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SarahB

@Trintytiger  

You can call it BS all you want but that's exactly how a lot of people read it and if anyone is butthurt it would seem to be those like you over the fact that it is not a well liked relationship.    The fact is they had and have history that was not addressed and she's never seemed more dependant to me or acting like a 13 year old than she does now whining about him being over on Utopia and not calling while he never thinks of her at all. 

We barely saw her or Magneto in the Magnus story featured in exile. It's not like being a devoted spouse or parent is a bad thing, so I don't get the point of even bringing that up. 

It is when that's all she ever is around him.  Rogue is only a leader in AoA or AoX because Magneto the real leader makes her one.  He decides her role is to hang in the Tower in AoX because of her powers yet we clearly get over and over in the story that she really wants to be in the fight with everyone else.  And I notice you blanked over the whole bit in AoA where he only figures out how she can touch him making him her only choice yet has no time in years later to help her touch her kid,.  That's control and he even raised her during her young teen years in AoA.  It was very twisted.    

Her confronting Magneto for something he was semi responsible for (nanny actually electrocuted everyone in the prison whether this was a direct order from "Erik the red" or a result of her programming as "prison guard" remains to be seen) 

That's BS excuses.  So you're telling me that Magneto had no control over his mechanical guard he was watching via cameras and so its not his fault?  Who programmed her?  More Rogue was not just electrocuted,. He specifically made her use her powers via his and messed with her mind about something that Psylocke had already fold them so it wasn't even necessary.  You can defend it all you like but it was in print and I can interpret it as complete disregard for Rogue as a person and think Magneto owes her way way more than some appology he's not even bother to give anyway.  

Even if she did bring up he would apologize for personally hurting her. 

If it's no big deal then why didn't he bother to do so?  

He didn't become interested in her because she was depowered. That's so ridiculous. They had a "spark" they weren't expecting it, but it happened. it had nothing to do with the fact that she was depowered 

You mean the fact that he saved her twice while she was helpless and totally dependant on him and he could be all powerful and her all grateful couldn't have possibly lead to that "spark" at all?   Nor that it seems like any time on any verse they are together, her power control seems to be so easily gotten past so that Magneto never has to deal with that.   

Scott sent Magneto on the mission encase something happened and Legion went crazy again. He was not there to take David into a dark alley and beat him to death. He was there as a precaution, and if anyone had issues with that they should take it up with cyclops since it was HIS ORDER. 

So Magneto is not a grown ass man who can decide not to do an order?  Magneto gets all pissy if anyone even talks about doing to Wanda what he was more than willing to do to Legion at any hint of provocation so don't tell me the hypocrite can't think for himself and decline if he really wanted to.   

Also what human has he killed lately? 

At the end of Magneto Not a Hero.  Blatantly murdered a guy for his free speach against mutants becasue it pissed Magneto off. 

So far we've haven't seen Rogue(or anyone else) forgive or forget anything that Magneto has done, 

Sure she has.  I don't sleep with people I haven't "forgiven or forgot".  It was never brought up so is was forgiven by default.    

Again, Rogue and Magneto are ADULTS. He doesn't need to cry over her bed-side when she's sick or hurt. He knew she was going to be fine because she took Frenzy's invulnerability. He never said it would make him look weak. He said something along the lines of "the strong don't like to be seen weak in front of others" which was referring to Rogue and not himself

He doesn't have to cry but he can and should show some affection.  It's a ccomplete excuse to say he wasn't talking about himself there too (he's says "the Stong" for  a reason) not just says Rogue.  How does he know what Rogue thinks about him coming to see her as Frenzy suggested?  It's not like they've been together any time at all  and I don't call that ADULT talk anyway,  If you are so afraid of looking weak, you are acting like 7 year old.  

The point is that people see if differently and we definitely see it differently and sorry people can hate it for that reason and that is just being honest.  

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By ReVamp

No because ReVamp disapproves and my word is comic book law.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Mercy_

@lykopis said:

No.

AprilTaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By AprilTaylor

@lykopis: I don't believe Magneto is responsible for the "suffering of humanity and mutant alike" he has done a lot of terrible things I don't believe anyone is going to argue that he didn't. Holding him to those crimes with no chance of redemption is what's really harsh.

Emma Frost was in cohorts with the hellfire club that turn Jean Grey into the Dark Phoenix, she was responsible for psychologically torturing Firestar (burning her horse at a dance, among other things), she switched minds with Storm and was going to let her get taken advantage of by Sebastian Shaw, and she killed her own sister.

Gambit was a thief who was involved with one of the worst events in the X-Men lives, he also worked for one of their greatest enemies prior to and after meeting the x-men, he betrayed them to join Apocalypse because he thought poccy could save mutantkind, he joined the marauder's, and he has some evil persona that likes to take control time from time.

Frenzy is a blatant unapologetic murderer, Juggernaut tried to kill them multiple times, Namor declared war on the entire surface world, Sunfire blatantly hates them, Danger has tried to kill them more than once, and so has Angel. All of these characters (and more) have done terrible things to the world and X-Men for some of the pettiest reasons, but yet they are accepted as heroes at one point or another. So why is it that Magneto, who did the things he's done for the great good of mutantkind (as he believes) gets the cold shoulder from fans when it comes to redemption? We've already seen him realizing that his methods are not going to bring about good results. Hell most of his time in Excalibur was him lamenting on how his way of doing things were screwed up and how he wanted to make a change but didn't know how. So what makes him so unworthy of being forgiven by the X-men, Rogue, or the fans?

And yes, their are a lot of so called rogue fans who have turned on her just because she decided to sleep with Magneto. Of course they are those who just don't like the coupling and that's all there is to it. The more vocally against the relationship are the ones that have been going around forum to forum, site to site ( I know for a fact) spreading a bunch of hatefulness about the character. I mean they have really just continually said horrible things about her and MC/Marvel all of which are untrue. They've said these things because they're upset over the fact that she didn't go running back to gambit so they feel cheated out of something they felt they were entitled too. The fact is they turned on their so called "favorite character" because she had sex with someone they didn't like. I'm sorry but what kind of fans are those? There are so many sites that I have been on where people don't to even talk about Legacy, Magneto, or Rogue because the same posters are going to come in and just completely sh!t on everything that was enjoyable about the characters or the story. Like I've mentioned above there are those who simply do not like the coupling and it's as simple as that, but from personal experience I can say without a doubt that there is a certain group of "fans" who are angry because she's not with Gambit and so they go around bad-mouthing the character every chance they get. That's not fair to other rogue fans and to everyone else.

I prefer Rogue be own her own as well, even though i actually like her with magneto, I think she needs to be solo again. 25 yrs of her character history is based almost solely on her relationship with Gambit. I would love to see her single again rediscovering herself after all these years. However, Marvel can't seem to get a lot of their problems under control, so actual character development is rare these days.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By CATPANEXE

I'm sure it's been tread (not reading all that) but 616 Rogue and Magneto having an offspring wouldn't necessarily come out genetically as Magnus from Exiles. In most scenarios two characters have a different offspring in a different reality genetically (yet the original characters parents almost always produce the exact same offspring...I'm not here to argue comic science Vs real, anyways...). Like for example Rogue and Magneto in Age Of Apocalypse had a child named Charles who wasn't the same person as Magnus. The easier route to go to get your character back would be to revive the Exiles characters, whom are already connected to 616 and could just as well again, and bring Magnus back to life/pull him from the time stream, ect.

AprilTaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AprilTaylor

@SarahB: It is when that's all she ever is around him. Rogue is only a leader in AoA or AoX because Magneto the real leader makes her one. He decides her role is to hang in the Tower in AoX because of her powers yet we clearly get over and over in the story that she really wants to be in the fight with everyone else. And I notice you blanked over the whole bit in AoA where he only figures out how she can touch him making him her only choice yet has no time in years later to help her touch her kid,. That's control and he even raised her during her young teen years in AoA. It was very twisted.

As you can see from AoX itself, Rogue wasn't locked in a tower. She was free to go wherever she pleased to go (expect X's basement Prison), she was allowed to be in any actual battles because of her role as the "reaper/legacy" and quite frankly no one wanted her there anyway.

AoA, Magneto was asked by Gambit to find a way around Rogue's powers (which is was doing anyway)he found out that he can "neutralize" her touch by using his powers to manipulate the powers she absorbed from Polaris (which gave her flight, and super strength). He was working on a way for her to touch charles and other people, but none of that came to fruition because they were attacked by apocalypse forces and they quickly went on an all out war after that.

He had no control over her whatsoever.

That's BS excuses. So you're telling me that Magneto had no control over his mechanical guard he was watching via cameras and so its not his fault? Who programmed her? More Rogue was not just electrocuted,. He specifically made her use her powers via his and messed with her mind about something that Psylocke had already fold them so it wasn't even necessary. You can defend it all you like but it was in print and I can interpret it as complete disregard for Rogue as a person and think Magneto owes her way way more than some appology he's not even bother to give anyway.

Yes, he programmed nanny to be a prison guard, but was he the one who told her at that exact moment to electrocute everyone? No. He's responsible by proxy not by direct involvement. There's a difference.

He used his powers on her to make her absorb gambit, yes. Psylocke said that rogue already knew what gambit had done, but she was in denial and hiding it from herself. That's when she was made to kiss Gambit and reveal everything. It was a dick move of course, but he thought of them as "enemies" so he didn't really care that much.

Never said anything about defending it. I'm just not going to mix one thing with the other just to make a point.

Magneto owes her no more than he owes anyone else. He has a lot of "debt" that needs to be payed out. Doesn't mean Rogue is going to get the bigger share.

If it's no big deal then why didn't he bother to do so?

Never said it's no big deal. I said it wasn't going to do any good to anyone. As for why he didn't apologize perhaps it's because he's Magneto? It's not like he's going to walk up to someone with a basket full of puppies and rainbows- asking for forgiveness. It's not exactly in his personality to just apologize first.

Sure she has. I don't sleep with people I haven't "forgiven or forgot". It was never brought up so is was forgiven by default.

Where was it stated that she had forgiven him? You're not exactly rogue not are you? lol

Not bringing something up doesn't mean it's forgiven or forgotten. People can hold grudges for years with their friends, family, lovers, co-workers, ect without even mentioning it. They keep it within themselves (which is extremely dangerous for them). You can actually be with someone without fully forgiving them for something they've done in the past.

So Magneto is not a grown ass man who can decide not to do an order? Magneto gets all pissy if anyone even talks about doing to Wanda what he was more than willing to do to Legion at any hint of provocation so don't tell me the hypocrite can't think for himself and decline if he really wanted to.

Magneto was for killing Wanda. he couldn't stand to see her in pain any longer and the psychic therapy wasn't helping at all. At the end he just gave up and decided maybe it was best for the Avengers to kill Wanda before she hurt herself or anyone else again. So yeah...

Magneto is going to do what it takes to protect mutantkind if that meant killing Legion then he was going to do it. No one saying it's right, but that's the way it is when it comes to Magneto and mutants. He's going to constantly sacrifice (which is one of the things he's realized is not helping him or anyone else) for the greater Mutantkind.

You mean the fact that he saved her twice while she was helpless and totally dependant on him and he could be all powerful and her all grateful couldn't have possibly lead to that "spark" at all? Nor that it seems like any time on any verse they are together, her power control seems to be so easily gotten past so that Magneto never has to deal with that.

How many times he saved her is irrelevant because they were on the same team together for a while. He's saved her a ton of times before the savage land. The "Spark" was sudden and had nothing to do with the fact that she didn't have her powers or that Magneto saved her life. She wasn't dependent on him for anything.

How many times has Magneto gotten over her powers so easily? Because AoA he didn't just come up with the answer overnight. it actually took a while.

AoX, she already had control over her powers due to the fact that her life went differently than 616. She never absorbed Cody in AoX so she never built that wall of guilt within her mind that kept her powers at bay.

Magnus homeworld we don't know how the hell she and magnus got together. She probably (like AoX rogue) had a different experience with her powers that led to her having control.

He doesn't have to cry but he can and should show some affection. It's a ccomplete excuse to say he wasn't talking about himself there too (he's says "the Stong" for a reason) not just says Rogue. How does he know what Rogue thinks about him coming to see her as Frenzy suggested? It's not like they've been together any time at all and I don't call that ADULT talk anyway, If you are so afraid of looking weak, you are acting like 7 year old.

Show affection? He doesn't show affection like normal people. In fact him saying that Rogue(the strong) might not like being fawned over(meaning having her weakness seen), is the basically his way of showing affection. Was it stupid? Kinda. Did it make sense for his character? Yes.

Honestly even if he did show concern over her everyone would have been complaining about that.

At the end of Magneto Not a Hero. Blatantly murdered a guy for his free speach against mutants becasue it pissed Magneto off.

I remember that part being kind ambiguous as to whether Magneto was the one to kill them or if he just let Joseph drop the building on that political guy?

Though, again, it shows that Magneto is the type of person who's going to protect mutantkind in his own way. No matter how stupid it really is, and a lot of it is stupid.

The fact is they had and have history that was not addressed

Their history was addressed. It wasn't the specific part of history that some people wanted addressed, but their history was addressed within the comic.

she's never seemed more dependant to me or acting like a 13 year old than she does now whining about him being over on Utopia and not calling while he never thinks of her at all.

And this right here is what the all the rogue/magneto arguments always boil down to. The fact that everyone is injecting their personal feelings into the actual storyline and creating their own "personal canon" while disregarding what's actually been written.

Rogue has never been dependent on Magneto. She has never relied on him to do anything for her. She has never let him make decisions for her, nor has she made decisions based on him. Everything she does is independent of him.

Is she acting like a brat because she feels that she's above calling magneto even if she wanted to talk to him, and that he's the one that should call her to prove his feelings for her? Hell yeah she is. It's stupid especially when you consider the fact that she is the one who instigated the physical relationship in the first place.

Hating the relationship is one thing, but when people start creating or mixing stories to justify the hate and then passing it off like it's the truth. That's when it gets ridiculous.Because it's not an argument based on what has happened or what is happening in the comic; it's based on someone's personal feelings and view of the comic.

It's not just with Rogue/Magneto is happens with other characters/stories too. You can't argue facts with someone's personal opinions.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lykopis

@AprilTaylor:

You prefer to think Magneto as someone redeemable. Possibly. It's more that I think Rogue would find it within her to pursue a relationship with him that I don't buy. Bringing up other characters doesn't change my mind on this --- there is no relevance. But we will have to agree to disagree on your take that Magneto wasn't responsible for human and mutant suffering alike. He did that in spades. Repeatedly. You were either with him, or against him. To me --- he will always be the most ultimate X-Men villain.

You have an issue with Rogue fans suddenly disliking her because of this forced "romance" --- okay -- but that's not what I am talking about (and by the way, they are not fans if they are maligning the character). I happen to be a VERY big fan of Rogue and if there is anything I feel should be addressed by what you wrote, its that her 25 year history was mostly defined by her relationship with Gambit. I most certainly do NOT agree with that. If anything, it was the other way around (unfortunately), but that's for another thread for some other day. It's galling to have to say this. but Gambit is lucky to be free of her --- and yes, that's HER loss. I feel her character has made a terrible mistake in hooking up with Magneto.

Great that you're another Rogue fan. I myself -- not a Rogneto fan. Will never be. There have been terrible injustices put to her through the ideas of writers (Sentry, anyone) but I won't suddenly detest the character because of them. Back in the Savage Land days, a relationship between Rogue and Magneto always struck me as very imbalanced. No longer as imbalanced now, true, Rogue is a strong, independent woman but to hook up with Magneto?

No.

Has she hooked up with Magneto?

Yes.

It is what it is. I don't like it. At all. You do. That's what makes this hobby of ours fun. Thank you for your take and time on this, I appreciate it. :)

AprilTaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AprilTaylor

I happen to be a VERY big fan of Rogue and if there is anything I feel should be addressed by what you wrote, its that her 25 year history was mostly defined by her relationship with Gambit. I most certainly do NOT agree with that. If anything, it was the other way around (unfortunately), but that's for another thread for some other day.

I'm basing my statement more on how her character digressed when she and gambit were forced together. The rogue during the 90's was almost entirely defined by her romance with Gambit She became Gambit's puppy (and he hers). Her very first solo series (and every one after that) was based on his story with his wife/ex-wife, and how she wanted revenge on rogue. Meanwhile, around the same time the plot of her being related to nightcrawler was moved into X-Men: Unlimited. She couldn't be anywhere without Gambit or mentioning Gambit in some way. It was like she wasn't a complete character without him. She didn't have that close relationship with the other X-Men like she did before getting her relationship.

Gambit wasn't that tied down. He was given plenty of solo and team-up stories where Rogue wasn't even mentioned. He had multiple ongoing series that rogue made small cameos in, but otherwise she wasn't there. He was given more freedom in the relationship to be a character.Honestly the only reason he's not as used as he should in the X-books is because Marvel just couldn't decide what character they wanted him to be so it all imploded after awhile lol. Is he the summer's long lost brother? Is he related to Sinister? Is her Sinister's clone? They just couldn't decide which way to go with him and that's what led to his eventual downfall in usage. :/

The relationship destroyed both characters but i believe Rogue was hurt more. It's like you said Gambit is lucky to be free of her Rogue's character was continually knocked down from her independent 80's character. She became more clingy and selfish in her ways, she whined and cried more about things that wouldn't have bothered her otherwise. I believe Marvel tried to turn the X-Men into a super super superhero soap opera, and in their venture they messed up a lot of good characterization.

It's better if they never get together again. It's just not safe for them as characters anymore.

It's more that I think Rogue would find it within her to pursue a relationship with him that I don't buy.

I can "get" why she would. She got to know him as an ally and then developed feelings for him at a time when he was in serious self-doubt as to whether or not he can actually be an x-man. She liked him and wanted him to stay good, but she was naive and didn't really understand what was it that was conflicting to him. I think she behaved like a girl with a crush for awhile when it came to him, but she grew out of it. However she never dealt with her feelings for him, and since he's been back her old feelings are starting (little by little) to resurface. This time she has more control though, she's not as idealistic when it comes to him as she used to be. She has the opportunity to be with Magnus except this time she's more mature (not by much but she's getting there) and she's not going to be swayed by her emotions. Some people say that's why she's been a bit indecisive her relationship with Magneto, but I personally think she's just avoiding having to make any long term decisions right now. She wants to have her cake and eat it too and wake up in the morning without a stomach ache :/

But we will have to agree to disagree on your take that Magneto wasn't responsible for human and mutant suffering alike.

I meant to type "solely responsible". I'm not arguing that he wasn't responsible both directly and indirectly for a lot of pain I'm just saying that constantly holding the pain he caused against him without chance for redemption is just as bad. Everyone should be extremely cautious of him, but they should at least give him a chance at redemption.

It is what it is. I don't like it. At all. You do. That's what makes this hobby of ours fun. Thank you for your take and time on this, I appreciate it. :)

No, thank you. It's nice to have an actual conversation on this topic. It's been a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. xD

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By John Valentine

No. For the same reasons X-Man and Cable are different; they had entirely different upbringings. Current 616 circumstances are different to those in the reality Magnus hailed from, hence a Rogeto child wouldn't end up the same.

SarahB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SarahB
    @CATPANEXE said:                  

I'm sure it's been tread (not reading all that) but 616 Rogue and Magneto having an offspring wouldn't necessarily come out genetically as Magnus from Exiles. In most scenarios two characters have a different offspring in a different reality genetically (yet the original characters parents almost always produce the exact same offspring...I'm not here to argue comic science Vs real, anyways...). Like for example Rogue and Magneto in Age Of Apocalypse had a child named Charles who wasn't the same person as Magnus. The easier route to go to get your character back would be to revive the Exiles characters, whom are already connected to 616 and could just as well again, and bring Magnus back to life/pull him from the time stream, ect. 

Exactly.   The real issue though is who wants any of these kids.  Scott and "Jean" have more than one and only Cable gets a decent story now and then and he does nothing for me,  Tons of characters have been in relationships.  Why would anyone want Rogue strapped with a kid?  She was with Gambit for a long time and no one was going will they have Arcadian from X-Men 2099?  No and no one wants them to either. 

@Lykopis   

You prefer to think Magneto as someone redeemable. Possibly. It's more that I think Rogue would find it within her to pursue a relationship with him that I don't buy  

See this goes to the heart of the issue.  Its one thing to first think Magneto is redeemable (mayvbe  but he's not even trying right now).  Even  Marvel's own staff (including his main writer Gillen) don't believe he is.      
    Someone on Formspring kept asking this to the MARVEL people there and got these answers:

Do you think that in the short time he's been with the X-Men, that Magneto has now redeemed himself of past crimes?

http://www.formspring.me/KieronGillen/q/299931189681067943

Kieron Gillen: No. I saw Tom answer this one, and I agree. Redemption requires a lot more penitence than Magneto displays.

The Tom that Gillen is is Tom Brevoort who basically said the same thing on his Formspring account but I don’t have a link to it, and

Jordan D. White responded this way: Well, of course that is up to every person to decide on their own. For me? Nah.

So basically few at Marvel think's he's trying to reddeem himself so why are the Rogue fans being asked to buy that she's so stupid as to thnk so? 
    And the fans that are willing forgive Magneto anything keep attacking the ones that aren't buying it as being unreasonable (even when Marvel's own writersand the main Magneto writer are saying the same thing) and its all because of some issue with Gambit. 

they are not fans if they are maligning the character 
     \
    If I think Rogue is being written as an idiot then why does that make me not a "Rogue fan"?   That;s like saying that Gambit fans thinking Gambit was stupidly written and calling Gambit stupid with the Apocalypse thing are not Gambit fans.  You note Gambit is well rid of Rogue (and I'll bet it because of how Carey wrote her treating him instead of just breaking up with him when she could have the few times they've talked).  How is that not "maligning" Rogue as basically acting badly?  Those are all the things people have been "maligning" Rogue about.  As well as it seems April Taylor and Trinity Tiger are basically the same person yet accuses Rogue fans who don't like Rogneto as all being the same person.  Just like you, people don't like it and the issue is not liking it.  Someone asked why many disliked it and I told them.  I didn't start accusing people of making up facts (despite that everything I noted is in the books - it just how one intreprets it.  - Just like above about the Magneto trying to redeem himself.  I don't see it - you don't see it, Gillen who writes him doesn't see it,  If someone wants to they can, if someone wants to excuse Magneto as not killing that human as "protecting" mutants when the guy was a complete non-threat when I say he did it out of plain ole arrogant anger, they can, but they can't say there is no way for anyone else to take it given all that).   

If people don't see any redemption or penance or appologies then they can certianly think Rogue is a idiot for not just letting him really prove it but ignoring it all together and out right dating a guy who once thought it was perfectly ok to "force" her to suppoosedly accept some facts that almost made her kill somone she cared about all because he decided she was in denial.  Like anyone has the right to decide that for her especially given it was five seconds in.  Just like he electocuted her and Gambit and  beat the living stuffings out of Joseph for it seemed no other reason than to do so to his clone.  No one can tell me that's not personal and personal attacks are not something one shouldn't consider when getting personally involved.  There is a difference in letting Magneto on the team either because it makes sense with the times (ala now) or if they really think he may be trying to "change".   Given its not even Magneto's first or second chance - how many changes does he get and why are the X-Men responsible for giving them to him after the first one?  But its a whole other thing to think even if he is "redeemable" that those he personally hurt should be in a romantic relationship with him.  And he did personally hurt her as he personally attacked her and made her use her powers which almost got someone killed for something far less egreious than the stuff he's pulled,.  Its like saying Carol shouldn't just let Rogue try to be a hero and accept that but heck she should be so forgiving as to date her even if Rogue never even mentuioned it or appologized for it,  If people think that makes Rogue stupid - it doesn't make them not fans. It means they think the writer wrote her as an idiot and that's why they don't like it.  

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lykopis

@SarahB:

they are not fans if they are maligning the character
    If I think Rogue is being written as an idiot then why does that make me not a "Rogue fan"? That;s like saying that Gambit fans thinking Gambit was stupidly written and calling Gambit stupid with the Apocalypse thing are not Gambit fans. You note Gambit is well rid of Rogue (and I'll bet it because of how Carey wrote her treating him instead of just breaking up with him when she could have the few times they've talked). How is that not "maligning" Rogue as basically acting badly? Those are all the things people have been "maligning" Rogue about. As well as it seems April Taylor and Trinity Tiger are basically the same person yet accuses Rogue fans who don't like Rogneto as all being the same person. Just like you, people don't like it and the issue is not liking it. Someone asked why many disliked it and I told them. I didn't start accusing people of making up facts (despite that everything I noted is in the books - it just how one intreprets it. - Just like above about the Magneto trying to redeem himself. I don't see it - you don't see it, Gillen who writes him doesn't see it, If someone wants to they can, if someone wants to excuse Magneto as not killing that human as "protecting" mutants when the guy was a complete non-threat when I say he did it out of plain ole arrogant anger, they can, but they can't say there is no way for anyone else to take it given all that).
    If people don't see any redemption or penance or appologies then they can certianly think Rogue is a idiot for not just letting him really prove it but ignoring it all together and out right dating a guy who once thought it was perfectly ok to "force" her to suppoosedly accept some facts that almost made her kill somone she cared about all because he decided she was in denial. Like anyone has the right to decide that for her especially given it was five seconds in. Just like he electocuted her and Gambit and beat the living stuffings out of Joseph for it seemed no other reason than to do so to his clone. No one can tell me that's not personal and personal attacks are not something one shouldn't consider when getting personally involved. There is a difference in letting Magneto on the team either because it makes sense with the times (ala now) or if they really think he may be trying to "change". Given its not even Magneto's first or second chance - how many changes does he get and why are the X-Men responsible for giving them to him after the first one? But its a whole other thing to think even if he is "redeemable" that those he personally hurt should be in a romantic relationship with him. And he did personally hurt her as he personally attacked her and made her use her powers which almost got someone killed for something far less egreious than the stuff he's pulled,. Its like saying Carol shouldn't just let Rogue try to be a hero and accept that but heck she should be so forgiving as to date her even if Rogue never even mentuioned it or appologized for it, If people think that makes Rogue stupid - it doesn't make them not fans. It means they think the writer wrote her as an idiot and that's why they don't like it.

Sorry --- didn't see this until today. :)

Never said that if someone felt Rogue was being written as an idiot was not a Rogue fan? My comment was in response to another user's assertion that posters in other forums "hate" her and completely disparage her character based on this relationship with Magneto while ignorant of Rogue's past and also, solely because of Gambit's position of being cuckolded and not "chosen" by Rogue.

I meant the word "malign" in its proper application, lol -- To make evil, harmful, and often untrue statements about; speak evil of - which true Rogue fans wouldn't do (such as yourself due to your obviously extensive knowledge of the character). When I come across comments that are malicious in relation to any character, I pretty much ignore the points they are trying to make. That's just agenda pushing I don't find them to be true comic fans if they are projecting so strongly unto fictional characters to the point of completely ignoring canon.

I myself find Rogue to be an "idiot" for pursuing and allowing this relationship with Magneto. She is being written that way -- gah -- I don't like it, but it's the reality. I completely agree with your points, absolutely, and I apologize I did not make myself clear if I made you feel that anyone who criticizes Rogue for being with Magneto is not a true fan. If that was the case --- then I would have to include myself in their numbers because man oh man -- it's all shades of wrong.

Great convo -- thanks!

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jeanroygrant

@lykopis said:

No.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Mercy_: @jeanroygrant: @ReVamp:

Why? I mean Magnus has been created in two universes already what would stop him from showing up in 616?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By ReVamp

@DATNIGGA: Me and about everyone else on site with pitchforks and torches at Marvel's HQ.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.