Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Idea for a new Mutant

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

While reading a Q&A with Mike Carey on Legacy, i got an idea for a new mutant. It is a general idea and dont have any specifics worked out but i thought it would be at least interesting if not cool to see a mutant that gains his/her powers from the powers Rogue and/or Mystique discards. (I know it would be harder with mystiques abilities so i will just go on with rogues from here) With rogue always switching powers (and sort of having the abilities she chooses to have next) I thought it would be interesting to see a mutant surface that is directly affected by her power switchs every time. Say she gains Ice mans powers and then discards them to take on Magneto's. As soon as Rogue no longer has Ice man's abilities this new mutant would gain that ability whether they wanted to or not.

He/she could attain more then one ability at a time if Rogue discards more then one ability at a time. I would find a character like this interesting bc they would have to be careful about how they use their powers because at any moment that power or ability could be taken from them and switched with another one. Each time this new mutant goes in to a dangerous situation or even something as simple as flying away from a location those abilities could be taken and put that character in to some bad situations made even worse. The best way i could of describing as a character already created is Ink. He gets his powers from a mutant that gives him tattoos. So while they are not his original powers he still has them until assuming they stop working when the tattoo artist dies.

I dont know if it's a good idea or not just one that i had. Let me know what you think...

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

They'd need a reason why they'd inherit the powers she discards. As if it's Rogue's long lost twin?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEGRAAF

@xerox_kitty: Yea i was thinking a cousin or something

Avatar image for terminator_worshipper
    TERMINATOR_WORSHIPPER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF
    me too
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF

@TERMINATOR_WORSHIPPER: you too what? lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.