Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Icemans Potential

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Im here to discuss Icemans potential with everyone let me start..

Iceman is considered an omega level mutant just like Nate Grey, Vulcan, Legion, etc... It is known that all Omega level mutants have the potential to be Universal threats or close to it now what can Bobby potentially do?

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he controls entropy... so he can, according to string theory, change any element to any element. He also can stop entropy at a single place and destroy time and space...

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: Wow i feel like at one point he would be able to freeze the whole universe maybe its just a theory of mine

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icecold14: I do not think he could do that, the universe is infinite, and his energy is limited. But he almost froze the planet at one point.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What's the most he was able to freeze at one time?

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Showing what he's capable of would be too much. Keeping him goofy might be a characteristic needed to keep him in stories and prevent godlike powers.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: so how about you man come and help out since u sure know a few things about omega level mutants (Nate Grey) xD

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when did he freeze hell?

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By icecold14
    adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamTRMM

I wonder what is the logical explanation ("what are you talking about? superpowers are already illogical, it's just just fiction" yes-yes, but still) for how Iceman powers work. I mean, living embodiment of moisture? Sounds trivial and unexpressed. Also, what would limit such an unmatched power to just moisture? Can't claim to have the right terminology, but maybe he's somewhat a psychic entity that can posses inanimate structures? I mean, isn't that what Omega level is? From simple cryokinesis mastering it to unlimited levels in the beginning, to the ultimate elemental/whatever in the end?

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Hmmm never thought about him being a psychic consciousness. I mean he does inhabit inanimate forms of ice. But also, he power is to slow down, and speed up, the entropy and enthalpy between electrons.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366:

Hmmm never thought about him being a psychic consciousness. I mean he does inhabit inanimate forms of ice.

That's what I'm saying. Because, the consciousness of moisture? Sounds kinda stupid, or at least unfinished.

But also, he power is to slow down, and speed up, the entropy and enthalpy between electrons.

Mastery over temperatures I guess? Dam, that's where my lack of certain education fails me, sorry :(

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dman1366

@adamtrmm: Well, you hit the nail on the head for having a "lack of education" hahaha. Yes, the speed that atoms, mainly their electrons, move amungst eachother determines the temperature. So that is what he manipulates.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A corpse.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By adamTRMM

@dman1366:

Not sure what you meant with the first sentence, but as for his powers the way I understand it, his abilities some kind of amalgamation of thermokinesis, cryokinesis and hydrokinesis, combining and fusing all of them on a high scale is what makes Iceman ultimate power for now. But a dissonance in my understanding is directly resulting from the hydro of this gestalt. Point is, if his powers work subatomically and his consciousness proceeds to spreed itself and multiply into multitude of multitasking sub-personalities, I'm not sure what exactly binds him to moisture as the prime host. Maybe it's just me, but feels like a way to limit him, in a flawed way.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Oh the first sentence was me implying that you give yourself too little credit for your knowledge. Secondly, I totally agree that his consciousness being bounded only to moisture is a way to control him. I mean, otherwise he could take control of everyone/everything.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By adamTRMM

@dman1366:

Well thanks! lol I just expressed it too blandly to feel the credit.

Anyway, I do understand WHY they keep him like this, it's just they should've never given him to evolve into this level IMO It leaves too many holes for the overthinking freaks as myself to cavil lol I also feel like it should be the prime parameter for all Omega levels, to constantly transcend, to exceed the past achievements, but there's the problem, there's too much McGuffin precedent at stake. And too much of them exist already.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I have a problem of over thinking this stuff too.

I think that character development is important too, everyone should move forward, but it leaves way to much ambiguity for my tastes. I mean, Iceman is Omega, fine, but he is also immortal now? At this point I just don't see why he can't end every conflict.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366:

That's what I called the McGuffin precedent lol Logically, there's no reason Earth wasn't destroyed yet, how many times had earthling reality warpers messed with the time and space? How many of them can still to! Effortlessly jump from one dimension to another, create weapons that stop cosmic forces in like a week or less? It takes a damn talented team of knowledgeable and skilled writers to make it all LOGICALLY work, but let's face it, they only add more nonsense into this pit each time lol

Let's face it, we will never have that much logic to sort it all out, but we can still hope to, ha.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.