I want all girl team.

#1 Posted by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a new  X-title, that just focuses on the X-Ladies.  A Much better title than X-gals on the run. IF DC can do it, why can't  Marvel, why can't the writers focus on the X-ladies for once. What do you guys think and what X-Lady would you like to see in the title ?  

Birds of Prey #4
#2 Posted by jhazzroucher (15108 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men Female Trinity: Storm, Rogue and Phoenix

X-Girls: Vampire Jubilee, Hollow/Penance and X-23. after a few issues, Shadocat, Armor, Pixie, Magik and Molly Hayes will join. : )

#3 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this is not the thread I came in for. Less likely to be banned/locked for starters.

Still, I shall overcome my disappointment and answer your statement:

That's nice.

#4 Edited by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonSmith said:

Well, this is not the thread I came in for. Less likely to be banned/locked for starters.

That's nice.

why would it be  banned or locked?
#5 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@JonSmith said:

That's nice.

why would it be banned or locked?

It was a joke. One that apparently went over your head, but a joke. Don't worry about it.

#6 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be cancelled before issue 4 is finished.

#7 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Your mind is in the gutter lol. I saw the title saw the forum it was in and knew what it was going to be right away. Unless you're making up what you thought the thread would be just to try to be funny. lol.

#8 Posted by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio
@x_29 said:

Why would it be cancel. Your telling me a title that could feature Emma, Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue and Psylocke and maybe Kitty would be cancel. I think even a title with Domino, X-23, vampire Jubilee and Psylocke would be a great title. That's why the X-writers sucks, they focus all there energy with Cyclops and Wolverine. When there is more potential in the X-ladies than them.
#9 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13 said:

@JonSmith said:

Your mind is in the gutter lol. I saw the title saw the forum it was in and knew what it was going to be right away. Unless you're making up what you thought the thread would be just to try to be funny. lol.

... Sigh...

#10 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@x_29 said:

Why would it be cancel. Your telling me a title that could feature Emma, Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue and Psylocke and maybe Kitty would be cancel. I think even a title with Domino, X-23, vampire Jubilee and Psylocke would be a great title. That's why the X-writers sucks, they focus all there energy with Cyclops and Wolverine. When there is more potential in the X-ladies than them.

yes because female books from marvel typically do not last.

#12 Edited by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio
@x_29 said:

@time said:

@x_29 said:

Why would it be cancel. Your telling me a title that could feature Emma, Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue and Psylocke and maybe Kitty would be cancel. I think even a title with Domino, X-23, vampire Jubilee and Psylocke would be a great title. That's why the X-writers sucks, they focus all there energy with Cyclops and Wolverine. When there is more potential in the X-ladies than them.

They don't last long cause, marvel don't give them a chance to. DC got the right the idea with the New 52. They got Birds of Prey, Bat-Girl, Catwoman, Supergirl, Batwoman and Wonder Woman. 6 titles that focuses on female characters and I'm sure I have missed some titles out. The X-Men writers need to get there proprietaries in check and stop focusing on  the males characters only. Wolverine, Cable, Iron man, The Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, Dardevil and Captain America, all have there own comic series. What about the X-Ladies. Don't they deserve sometime in the spotlight too. 
#13 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@Vortex13 said:

@JonSmith said:

... Sigh...

It wasn't funny in the first place though.....

#14 Posted by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:

Well, we should probably start with a list of all the female X-characters. Here's what I pulled from the X-Men, X-Factor, X-Force, New Mutants, Young X-Men, and Xavier Institute team rosters:

That's quite a lot of  ladies, but hardly none of them are in the spotlight. For the past five years,  all X-ladies have been treated poorly and we talking about some of the most popular X-ladies too, Storm, Jean and Emma etc. All of them have been poorly portray in comics. It's time for a change. A want the ladies to step up and hog some of the spotlight too.
#15 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

My "birds of X" team would be something like:

The setup would be that Wolverine has gone missing--and they'd have to really sell that, by pulling him from all of his books for the duration of the mini-series--and his adopted "daughters" (Dagger isn't really one of those but they're friends) go looking for him. Villain would be Mystique.

#16 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13 said:

@JonSmith said:

@Vortex13 said:

@JonSmith said:

... Sigh...

It wasn't funny in the first place though.....

@time said:

@x_29 said:

@time said:

@x_29 said:

They don't last long cause, marvel don't give them a chance to. DC got the right the idea with the New 52. They got Birds of Prey, Bat-Girl, Catwoman, Supergirl, Batwoman and Wonder Woman. 6 titles that focuses on female characters and I'm sure I have missed some titles out. The X-Men writers need to get there proprietaries in check and stop focusing on males characters only. Wolverine, Cable, Iron man, The Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, Dardevil and Captain America all have there own comic series. What about the X-Ladies. Don't they deserve sometime in the spotlight too.

There have been books focusing on female members of the x-men,yet they were cancelled. Plus marvel at least gave Rogue a chance with X-men Legacy.

#17 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@fodigg said:

Well, we should probably start with a list of all the female X-characters. Here's what I pulled from the X-Men, X-Factor, X-Force, New Mutants, Young X-Men, and Xavier Institute team rosters:

That's quite a lot of ladies, but hardly none of them are in the spotlight. For the past five years, all X-ladies have been treated poorly and we talking about some of the most popular X-ladies too, Storm, Jean and Emma etc. All of them have been poorly portray in comics. It's time for a change. A want the ladies to step up and hog some of the spotlight too.

Agreed. And unfortunately some of the ones that have stuck around are really annoying. (I'm looking at you Pixie.)

#18 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty

Armor

Psylocke

Pixie

X-23

#19 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

There'd have to be a reason for it otherwise it's just gonna feel forced. Birds of Prey works because they're all "street level" heroes and most of them have a connection with Batman and they were solo heroes who decided to team up. If characters like Jean, Storm, Emma, Rogue and Psylocke formed their own team it wouldn't really make sense it would be like they're doing it solely because they're all female. Why would they leave the teams they're on already? Also the team wouldn't really have any balance, 3 telepaths?

If it were the younger X-men i'e Surge, Pixie, X-23 I could see it working seeing as a lot of the male x-men their age are immature i.e. Rockslide and that could be used as the reason for the team up.

Brian Woods X-men has managed a female team pretty well (minus colossus). Each member fufills their own role and it doesn't feel forced.

#20 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with you all the way! As legitimate heroes (as opposed to just eye candy), the girls are totally undervalued.

#21 Edited by Veitha (2897 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

It would make sense and these two type of female titles I would like to see  

The first title will be a team that will focus on protecting mutants and humans. As will as taking on dangerous threats. The first mission will be rescuing Wolverine, he got missing and these ladies have to save him. They have to take on Sabrtooth, Darken, Lady Death strike and Omega Red. Second mission, will involve dealing with X-23 enemie's and the third mission they will have to deal with some alien species that wants Warbird dead.  

The first title will consist of these characters   

Rogue will be leader of the team 

Psylocke 

X-23

Vampire Jubilee 

Domino

Warbird
  Second team 

This title could focus on teaching young mutants how to use there powers, but not  in the school, the teachers would go out on missions with the students and teach them.  

The students that will appear in the title is : X-23, Surge, Pixie, Armor and Warbird, as well as some male students to like Kid Omega, Genesis, Gentle and Hellion  etc.  

Special  guest appearances  will be:  Kitty, Rachel, Magik  and villians such as Mystique , Maddie and Selene  

It won't just focus on teaching young students, it will focuses on rivalries  and as will as friendships, it could be a sisterhood title. Maybe Emma will finally makes some friends that's not Cyclops. 

The title will consist of 

Storm would be team leader and one of the main teachers too. 

Emma Frost will be one of the teachers

Jean will start of as a student, until she grows up

Psylocke will be one of the teachers, she will train them in hand to hand combat.

Rogue will be mentor for the students like she was in X-Men legacy
#23 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

There'd have to be a reason for it otherwise it's just gonna feel forced. Birds of Prey works because they're all "street level" heroes and most of them have a connection with Batman and they were solo heroes who decided to team up. If characters like Jean, Storm, Emma, Rogue and Psylocke formed their own team it wouldn't really make sense it would be like they're doing it solely because they're all female. Why would they leave the teams they're on already? Also the team wouldn't really have any balance, 3 telepaths?

If it were the younger X-men i'e Surge, Pixie, X-23 I could see it working seeing as a lot of the male x-men their age are immature i.e. Rockslide and that could be used as the reason for the team up.

Brian Woods X-men has managed a female team pretty well (minus colossus). Each member fufills their own role and it doesn't feel forced.

#24 Edited by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Wow. Maybe someone found your post and agreed.

@x_29 said:

Ha ha ha... um.. no. Issue 4 is coming out Wednesday.

#25 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

you've just been waiting to say that, haven't you?

#26 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood said:
@x_29 said:

you've just been waiting to say that, haven't you?

I'm not that well organized. I just found this thread yesterday and thought it was hilarious. :)

#27 Edited by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

i just want to point out that the reason a team of all female X men work is because over half of the Major players in the X verse have been female.

Claremont had no problem pushing the female lead, with characters like Storm, Jean, Kitty in his early books and he followed it up with alot of great ones later, so did later writers. Lobdell had M Jubilee and Husk as pretty much his leads in Gen X, Emma has been a driving force in X books for a while, Pixie, Armor, Surge are all popular young Characters and Rogue had pretty much a solo book in legacy for years. I don't really like the fact that it is a gimmick, being pushed as "all female" but it can be done easy with the women available for the writer to choose from and of course a good writer which Brian Wood is. I am just glad he isn't trying to do all female villains, with all female supporting characters it would seem really forced.

#28 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

i just want to point out that the reason a team of all female X men work is because over half of the Major players in the X verse have been female.

Claremont had no problem pushing the female lead, with characters like Storm, Jean, Kitty in his early books and he followed it up with alot of great ones later, so did later writers. Lobdell had M Jubilee and Husk as pretty much his leads in Gen X, Emma has been a driving force in X books for a while, Pixie, Armor, Surge are all popular young Characters and Rogue had pretty much a solo book in legacy for years. I don't really like the fact that it is a gimmick, being pushed as "all female" but it can be done easy with the women available for the writer to choose from and of course a good writer which Brian Wood is. I am just glad he isn't trying to do all female villains, with all female supporting characters it would seem really forced.

Yeah, Wood is making sure it isn't a gimmick. That is why the book wasn't called XX-Men or X-Women like many people wanted. Seeing Beast a few other male cast members is a must in an X-Men book.

#29 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Wood is making sure it isn't a gimmick. That is why the book wasn't called XX-Men or X-Women like many people wanted. Seeing Beast a few other male cast members is a must in an X-Men book.

Yeah, Wood's making good on this book.

And yeah, I'm glad he's not pretending like there aren't other X-men around. I'm digging Kitty's student team a bunch, and I kinda hope he uses Quire at least a bit (since I really enjoyed how he handled him and the rest of the cast in Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha & Omega; one of the more definitive Quire stories, in my opinion).

I think it was an especially good move to not have any obligatory Cyclops or Wolverine appearances in the first arc; their current roles don't have to be the context for every X-men story.

In some ways it does almost feels like Wolverine is still present in his absence with this team, having personally taken under his wing and trained most of them, and having been Storm's right-hand man for her original tenure as leader of the team. I think it's at least partially his influence that gives this team a lot of it's distinct flavor compared to other teams, like a common denominator to their perspective, sort of like the original team had with Xavier (also, even in his absence). But actually sort of even more so, since not all of these members have actually been on the same team together before.

#30 Posted by adamTRMM (1301 posts) - - Show Bio

@time:

More potential than Wolverine and Cyclops? I would like to hear more about that :-)

#31 Edited by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: There more potential cause, they have better powers. Just look at comics now. There much better now. Most of the ladies are in the spotlight. The x-ladies even have own title. X-Men suck 4 the past 6 years cause, it only focus on Cyclops and Wolverine. Now comics don't, cause a lot of ladies in the spotlight.

#32 Edited by adamTRMM (1301 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: I don't like what happened to Wolverine as a character in the past years, his popularity drives it - not what the character is. But Cyclops development (and this also leads to X-Force) is really one of the most exciting things to happen to X-men in years, not just few past but many years. And that's no way has to do anything with his powers, but his personality. To accentuate on characters just because they are ladies, I don't know.. For me, personalities and agendas first - powers will just add them even more badassness.. Actually, what about X-men Legacy? Rogue was a leading character there.

#33 Edited by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

yes i despised this idea when i seen people suggest it, its an insult to every character in the book if they are not called X men

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.