Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

I think the X-Men comics are still rubbish, who agree with me

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

Here is a list of the titles so far and I have listed what I think of them so far.

X-Men Legacy - I love the fact that X-Men Legacy is still a Rogue title, but the stories over the years hasn't really impress me. Christos Gage stories hasn't impress me so far. I think there rubbish. I only like two stories that were written by Mike Carey, that was Age of X and tied in with Necrosha.

Uncanny X-Men - Still rubbish, even with Kieron Gillen

Wolverine and the X-Men - I Love the fact Iceman, Kitty and Beast are playing larger role in X-Men comics again. I loved the fact that the X-Men going back to there roots again but, the stories are still bad. The villians are rubbish, even Sabretooth and the artists is terrible.

Wolverine and the X-Men Alpha and Omega - Good so far.

Uncanny X-Force - Very overrated. So far I have only like two stories, The Apocalypse Solution & The Dark Angel Saga

X-Factor Investigations- Very overrated, unless your a fan of the characters, you not really going to enjoy the series and I'm not fan of the series and I haven't really enjoy reading the series so far and I've only collected few stories from the series. Not sure what all the fuss is all about.

Avengers Vs X-Men so far- The stories are ok, but they could of been better.

Avengers Vs X-Men, the Versus- Iron Man beating Magneto, a load of rubbish.

Astonishing X-Men- Love the fact that Iceman, Gambit and Wolverine are in the series, so far I think the stories are bad.

X-Men- I like the team at first, untill they replace Jubilee with Pixie, Warpath with Colossus and the stories are bad.

Generation Hope- Really bad title, I only like one chapter through the whole series.

New Mutants - Not good enough for me.

As you see, I'm not impress with the X-Men titles so far, I think they should be much better. What do you guys think? Are you enjoying the titles so far and if not why and what needs to change to make them better ?. For the record, I haven't collected the comics that were release today. I haven't gone to my local comic store yet. If you have, feel free to share your views on the X-Men titles release today.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

@time said:

Here is a list of the titles so far and I have listed what I think of them so far.

X-Men Legacy - I love the fact that X-Men Legacy is still a Rogue title, but the stories over the years hasn't really impress me. Christos Gage stories hasn't impress me so far. I think there rubbish. I only like two stories that were written by Mike Carey, that was Age of X and tied in with Necrosha.

Wolverine and the X-Men - I Love the fact Iceman, Kitty and Beast are playing larger role in X-Men comics again. I loved the fact that the X-Men going back to there roots again but, the stories are still bad. The villians are rubbish, even Sabretooth and the artists is terrible.

Uncanny X-Force - Very overrated. So far I have only like two stories, The Apocalypse Solution & The Dark Angel Saga

X-Factor Investigations- Very overrated, unless your a fan of the characters, you not really going to enjoy the series and I'm not fan of the series and I haven't really enjoy reading the series so far and I've only collected few stories from the series. Not sure what all the fuss is all about.

Astonishing X-Men- Love the fact that Iceman, Gambit and Wolverine are in the series, so far I think the stories are bad.

X-Men- I like the team at first, untill they replace Jubilee with Pixie, Warpath with Colossus and the stories are bad.

Generation Hope- Really bad title, I only like one chapter through the whole series.

As you see, I'm not impress with the X-Men titles so far, I think they should be much better. What do you guys think? Are you enjoying the titles so far and if not why and what needs to change to make them better ?. For the record, I haven't collected the comics that were release today. I haven't gone to my local comic store yet. If you have, feel free to share your views on the X-Men titles release today.

Why are these things rubbish? You haven't given reasons, for most things you've just said they're "rubbish" or "over-rated".

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@John Valentine said:

@time said:

Why are these things rubbish? You haven't given reasons, for most things you've just said they're "rubbish" or "over-rated".

Pretty much this. X-Force, Uncanny, and X-Factor are all good reads. Warpath was not replaced by Colossus as Colossus has been on the team since ReGenesis. It just fells like you are nitpicking just to nitpick.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By John Valentine

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@John Valentine said:

@time said:

Pretty much this. X-Force, Uncanny, and X-Factor are all good reads. Warpath was not replaced by Colossus as Colossus has been on the team since ReGenesis. It just fells like you are nitpicking just to nitpick.

It also seems that you'd be better off not reading current X-titles and just rereading that 90s stuff you love so much.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

You're rubbish.

*teleports to limbo*

*hiss*

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blood1991

I don't like X-Force I am the minority in that, but I have enjoyed Uncanny and Wolvies school. X-Men I love the team, but the idea was security and all they did was chase vampires which isn't really securing anything I'll see since they are getting a new writer. I havn't liked eithe AVX thus far, but I'll see.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@IllyanaRasputin said:

You're rubbish.

*teleports to limbo*

*hiss*

You are just awesome.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rickbarry

@IllyanaRasputin: Go get your hooves shined if you're going to hide in Limbo!

Also, I disagree with a lot of what the original poster said. How dare you!?

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9  Edited By x_29

@time: So far I think you are just trolling

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John Valentine

@Rickbarry said:

Bear in mind that this poster lingers on plot points from the 80s when trying to bash characters she doesn't like e.g. Cyclops.

She pretty much only wants to read about the Uncanny Gold team from early 90s/anything similar to the sort of work Claremont has put out in the last ten years i.e. Storm-centric and antiquated.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By time1

@x_29 said:

Well I'm not. I'm going to bed soon, cause I have early start. Tomorrow I will explain my views, why I think the titles are rubbish. I want people too give me examples of great stories or comics series in the last couple of years that are better than the early 90's and 80's. Exclude story arcs like Messiah Complex, Messiah war, Morrison run on New X-Men and X-Treme X-Men, we know all of these are good. Pick any story and tell me if it's better.

You know what I give this task to you

@John Valentine said:

@time said:

@x_29

You @Rickbarry

You @TheGreyOutcastX said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

You're rubbish.

*teleports to limbo*

*hiss*

You are just awesome.

You @IllyanaRasputin said:

You're rubbish.

*teleports to limbo*

*hiss*

If your people are so against my views, then back it up and then I will respond with my views. I find it very strange , that people share there views on certain comics all the time and people never criticize them that much.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By time1

@x_29 said:

How am I trolling by the way.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@time said:

X-Men Legacy - I love the fact that X-Men Legacy is still a Rogue title, but the stories over the years hasn't really impress me. Christos Gage stories hasn'timpress me so far. I think there rubbish. I only like two stories that were written by Mike Carey, that was Age of X and tied in with Necrosha.

X-Factor Investigations- Very overrated,unless your a fan of the characters, you not really going to enjoy the series and I'm not fan of the series and I haven't really enjoy reading the series so far and I've only collected few stories from the series. Not sure what all the fuss is all about.

I find your lack of grammar rubbish.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By time1

@TheAnnihilator said:

@time said:

X-Men Legacy - I love the fact that X-Men Legacy is still a Rogue title, but the stories over the years hasn't really impress me. Christos Gage stories hasn'timpress me so far. I think there rubbish. I only like two stories that were written by Mike Carey, that was Age of X and tied in with Necrosha.

X-Factor Investigations- Very overrated,unless your a fan of the characters, you not really going to enjoy the series and I'm not fan of the series and I haven't really enjoy reading the series so far and I've only collected few stories from the series. Not sure what all the fuss is all about.

You know what, if you have nothing relevant to say, then don't say anything at all. Loads of people have spelling and grammar problems. No one perfect.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@time said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@time said:

You know what, if you have nothing relevant to say, then don't say anything at all. Loads of people have spelling and grammar problems. No one is perfect.

I think it's relevant. Particularly when one is complaining about another's work of writing.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@time said:

@x_29 said:

Well I'm not. I'm going to bed soon, cause I have early start. Tomorrow I will explain my views, why I think the titles are rubbish. I want people too give me examples of great stories or comics series in the last couple of years that are better than the early 90's and 80's. Exclude story arcs like Messiah Complex, Messiah war, Morrison run on New X-Men and X-Treme X-Men, we know all of these are good. Pick any story and tell me if it's better.

You know what I give this task to you

@John Valentine said:

@time said:

@x_29

You @Rickbarry

You @TheGreyOutcastX said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

You're rubbish.

*teleports to limbo*

*hiss*

You are just awesome.

You @IllyanaRasputin said:

You're rubbish.

*teleports to limbo*

*hiss*

If your people are so against my views, then back it up and then I will respond with my views. I find it very strange ,that people share there view on certain comics all the time and people never criticize them that much.

There is criticism, but this isn't that. You just basically stated you dislike the titles without giving a reason.

Like I read New Mutants, DnA has a lackluster run. No real developments have happened unless the character is named Dani Moonstar. They say that planted seeds for their run, but it's hard to think it's gonna be good given all the crap I've have to go through. That's a criticism. I gave a reason why I have an issue with the title, not that it's rubbish or overrated. A clear thought on my opinion of the title. That's why we have an issue with what you have posted. You didn't go into detail what you disliked, but instead just blasted the X-books for being crap. (Some are, but that's not the point.) Opinions are great, and I love people having opinions, but just blasting books without giving reasons... it's not having an opinion, but rather hating.

At least that's my observation of it.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By John Valentine

@time said:

If your people are so against my views, then back it up and then I will respond with my views. I find it very strange , that people share there views on certain comics all the time and people never criticize them that much.

I want you to elaborate as to why you think these books are rubbish. What is it about the art you dislike? Is it the characterisation? Is it the stories that don't fit together. Be specific instead of just saying things are over-rated?

I, personally, strongly disagree with what you've said about Uncanny X-Force, X-Factor, WaTXM, Legacy and Uncanny X-Men.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rickbarry

I wouldn't go so far to say you're trolling, but you're one of the most active people on this board. You're enjoy putting up the polls about couples, arcs, writers and whatever else is debatable. Yet you basically said they're all bad. I'd suggest that maybe you're setting your standards so high that they can't be met.

Uncanny X-men has been above average this year. I've just started X-force and while it's a little hard to get used to the two arcs I've read are entertaining. Avengers vs. X-men is just starting so the story hasn't really had a chance to take off.

Although I'll agree Generation Hope does suck.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By John Valentine

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

There is criticism, but this isn't that. You just basically stated you dislike the titles without giving a reason.

Like I read New Mutants, DnA has a lackluster run. No real developments have happened unless the character is named Dani Moonstar. They say that planted seeds for their run, but it's hard to think it's gonna be good given all the crap I've have to go through. That's a criticism. I gave a reason why I have an issue with the title, not that it's rubbish or overrated. A clear thought on my opinion of the title. That's why we have an issue with what you have posted. You didn't go into detail what you disliked, but instead just blasted the X-books for being crap. (Some are, but that's not the point.) Opinions are great, and I love people having opinions, but just blasting books without giving reasons... it's not having an opinion, but rather hating.

Bang on, my friend, bang on!

@time said:

No one perfect.

I'm pretty damn close.

king_of_gods2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By king_of_gods2

hi

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@John Valentine said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@time said:

No one perfect.

I'm pretty damn close.

That's all that needs to be said. Once that is done, we can have a serious debate on the titles.

Perfection is overrated.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Kallarkz

@John Valentine said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@time said:

No one perfect.

I'm pretty damn close.

omg! xD xD

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'This isn't the same thing as I read five years ago and doesn't have the characters I like in it so it sucks.'

Seriously? What are you on about? '

Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine and the X-Men, Uncanny X-Force and X-Factor are great.

Also this

@IllyanaRasputin said:

You're rubbish.

*teleports to limbo*

*hiss*

and this

@TheAnnihilator said:

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By papad1992

@John Valentine: @Rickbarry: @TheAnnihilator: @x_29: @IllyanaRasputin: @time:

OMG this is great... anyone else want some popcorn!?

**Oh and "time"... it's time to put your knowledge to where your rubbish is!!

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#25  Edited By x_29

@time: You first.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I was getting so many notifications sent to my phone... I'm glad my little words made such a big effect >:)

Mwuahahah *Darkchylde laugh*

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BatteredArmor

Hold your tongue heathen

Uncanny X-men. Is F-ing. Amazing

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28  Edited By lorex

I agree that X-Men comics in general have been somewhat substandard over the last while. I am not going to get into the specifics of each title but what I think need to happen to improve the X-Men are:

- The entire set of titles needs a collective creative vision. I do not mean that every title needs to be connected to each other but there need to be better continuity between the titles which leads to my second point.
    - There is too much Wolverine in comics today. I am personally irritated when a new team book is announced and wham Wolverine will be on the team, worse now he is most likely a leader of the team. 
       Its almost as if  Mavrvel is afraid to put out an X-Men book without him in it for fear of fanboy backlash.
    - More emphasis no the younger X-Men. There is so much wasted potential there that is just rotting because no one is using them.
    - This one may be just my personal preference but I find the Rogue Magneto relationship really creepy. Yes he has been deaged but he is suppost to be a holocaust surivor and Rogue is in her mid to late 20's. Shudder.
    - Sharing the spotlight more. That means less Wolverine and Cyclops giving other a chance to shine. Wolverine and the X-Men(still dispise the name of this title) is suppost to do this but seems to backslide somewhat. 

You get the idea.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rickbarry

@lorex: I agree with you on most of the points stated with the exception of the younger X-men. I don't see a great amount of potential with most of the younger members and the ones that do have said potential are being used already. They tried on several occasions to put the young x-men and New X-men on shelves but people weren't interested.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By zombietag
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: I don't understand how you can say AvX is "ok", and call Uncanny X-Force overrated. I've put up with alot of crappy X-men stories over the years, but AvX has got to take the cake for that. It's like it was written by a 12 year old. It's an action crossover event, that wants to be something more, when it really shouldn't.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Soulstealer

@lorex: Bravo sir!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @lorex said:
    I agree that X-Men comics in general have been somewhat substandard over the last while. I am not going to get into the specifics of each title but what I think need to happen to improve the X-Men are:  - The entire set of titles needs a collective creative vision. I do not mean that every title needs to be connected to each other but there need to be better continuity between the titles which leads to my second point. - There is too much Wolverine in comics today. I am personally irritated when a new team book is announced and wham Wolverine will be on the team, worse now he is most likely a leader of the team.     Its almost as if  Mavrvel is afraid to put out an X-Men book without him in it for fear of fanboy backlash. - More emphasis no the younger X-Men. There is so much wasted potential there that is just rotting because no one is using them. - This one may be just my personal preference but I find the Rogue Magneto relationship really creepy. Yes he has been deaged but he is suppost to be a holocaust surivor and Rogue is in her mid to late 20's. Shudder. - Sharing the spotlight more. That means less Wolverine and Cyclops giving other a chance to shine. Wolverine and the X-Men(still dispise the name of this title) is suppost to do this but seems to backslide somewhat.   You get the idea.
    I agree with all of this, especially the idea that the new X-Men need more focus on. They could actually be really useful characters if the writers actually decided to use them.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By papad1992

@Rickbarry said:

@lorex: I agree with you on most of the points stated with the exception of the younger X-men. I don't see a great amount of potential with most of the younger members and the ones that do have said potential are being used already. They tried on several occasions to put the young x-men and New X-men on shelves but people weren't interested.

The X-students have really only shined when they had their own series (New X-Men)... they've been featured here and there but just like what @lorex: said... they have a lot of potential just wasting away! And don't count Young X-Men because that was a whole big mess. It seems like writers want to create more and more characters while the older ones are stockpiling in a huge unmarked grave for writers to pick and choose from if they want a death in their story!

Example: Onyxx!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

The X-students have really only shined when they had their own series (New X-Men)... they've been featured here and there but just like what @lorex: said... they have a lot of potential just wasting away! And don't count Young X-Men because that was a whole big mess. It seems like writers want to create more and more characters while the older ones are stockpiling in a huge unmarked grave for writers to pick and choose from if they want a death in their story!

I agree with this. It seems like the older characters who were introduced just as recently as the New X-Men are now hanging to the side instead of being used better.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By papad1992

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

I agree with this. It seems like the older characters who were introduced just as recently as the New X-Men are now hanging to the side instead of being used better.

Thank you... I mean, look at who has been created (kids only) since Messiah Complex:

Hope (initially but really didn't become prominent until her return), Cipher, Ink, and Greymalkin (the tree most forgettable X-students ever created) Crosta (he has had like 3 appearances or so) and of course the five lights (which have been totally a waste of space besides Idie, Kenji, and Laurie)!!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Thank you... I mean, look at who has been created (kids only) since Messiah Complex:

Hope (initially but really didn't become prominent until her return), Cipher, Ink, and Greymalkin (the tree most forgettable X-students ever created) Crosta (he has had like 3 appearances or so) and of course the five lights (which have been totally a waste of space besides Idie, Kenji, and Laurie)!!

Yeah, that's a real shame right there where there were so many characters that had so much potential to be memorable characters if only Marvel and the writers ever took the time to further explain their stories.
    jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jcbart

OP says that Uncanny X-Force is rubbish, yet she liked The Apocalypse Solution and The Dark Angel Saga. That's half the series' run? How can you say the series is rubbish if you like twelve issues out of twenty-four?

I sort of took no notice after that. What's rubbish about these titles? As many other people have said, your points aren't specific enough.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I find the wolverine and the x-men and the x-force mildly entertaining but I have to say that their are too many x-books

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @SupremeHyperion said:

I find the wolverine and the x-men and the x-force mildly entertaining but I have to say that their are too many x-books

I agree. Marvel needs to limit down on the number of X-books a bit since not everyone can get all of these comics, especially me.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By papad1992

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Yeah, that's a real shame right there where there were so many characters that had so much potential to be memorable characters if only Marvel and the writers ever took the time to further explain their stories.

Out of all of those "new" X-kids characters... there is only like 3 or 4 that I'd really liked to have writers delve into more!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By papad1992

I love how the original poster (time) is nowhere to be found on this thread. Everyone is clearly wanting to know his/hers detailed views on why these titles are such "rubbish" titles! Pitiful... own up to your actions time!!!

*And stop making so many Take a Point/ give a point games!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.