Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

I know Jean Grey fans hate The Wolverine Movie (spoilers)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

They portrayed her HORRIBLY the whole movie. Then at the end she was like 'I am soo lonely, why won't you die Wolverine? I am here all alone-- even after I killed Xavier and Scott last film....'
    LOL

Not even going to lie, I am no Jean fan-- I'm more a Storm fan, but even I was offended at the way Jean was shown throughout this film. It was insulting to the many years of rich history of the character to be reduced into a entity with the solo purpose of trying to torment Wolverine. *sigh*

MORE SPOILERS:

On upside, Storm had a mini cameo in a picture with Wolverine and Xavier and Magneto appeared after the credits.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@poisonfleur said:

They portrayed her HORRIBLY the whole movie. Then at the end she was like 'I am soo lonely, why won't you die Wolverine? I am here all alone-- even after I killed Xavier and Scott last film....'

LOL

Not even going to lie, I am no Jean fan-- I'm more a Storm fan, but even I was offended at the way Jean was shown throughout this film. It was insulting to the many years of rich history of the character to be reduced into a entity with the solo purpose of trying to torment Wolverine. *sigh*

MORE SPOILERS:

On upside, Storm had a mini cameo in a picture with Wolverine and Xavier and Magneto appeared after the credits.

cool but i never got why jean killed scott in the movie....it didnt make sense at all

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

She was completely, and utterly useless in the film and she was portrayed out of character, she acted as if she was still possessed by the Phoenix, and I know she was just Logan's hallucination, but why the hell would he think of her as that??

The film was very, very mediocre, the end credits were it's only salvation.

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
    UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys do realize that it was all just a hallucination and not the actual character right? Silly fanboys.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

You guys do realize that it was all just a hallucination and not the actual character right? Silly fanboys.

A useless halucination that shouldn't have been in the film.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woah it is actually true, X-men fans are the worst fans for criticising every single thing. It was Wolverines hallucinations making him want to be with her, which in turn made her try to convince him. she wasn't real and guess what, it was good. (In my opinion )

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@xrs10 said:

Woah it is actually true, X-men fans are the worst fans for criticising every single thing. It was Wolverines hallucinations making him want to be with her, which in turn made her try to convince him. she wasn't real and guess what, it was good. (In my opinion )

I gotta go with this guy. Jean wasn't really in the movie, and the movie really wasn't that bad. Arguably the best Wolverine movie this side of X2.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By poisonfleur

Oh Lord-- no. That I believe most were hallucinations. But that last scene where they were on the bed together and she seemed brighter and prettier made me think he got a glimpse of her. And Jean was never like this (minus the dark

exorcist

Phoenix). His hallucinations don't make sens-- She said she is alone-- when Wolverine believe the professor and Scott to be dead??? Dafuq?
    Not to mention, they didn't even give her one scene of jusitice-- even when Logan did actually 'die'.

FAIL

Not to mention, I was kinda bummed when Mariko didn't die-- like she was supposed to.

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
    UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UltimateJonathan

@xrs10 said:

No, Jean Grey fans are the worse. To be fair I did have a problem with the hallucinations after the first one in the beginning, only because i felt that they just became goofy but not enough to ruin the film.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

What?

She's just his dream, she's not actually there.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By ReVamp

@poisonfleur said:

Oh Lord-- no. That I believe most were hallucinations. But that last scene where they were on the bed together and she seemed brighter and prettier made me think he got a glimpse of her. And Jean was never like this (minus the dark

exorcist

Phoenix). His hallucinations don't make sens-- She said she is alone-- when Wolverine believe the professor and Scott to be dead??? Dafuq?

Not to mention, they didn't even give her one scene of jusitice-- even when Logan did actually 'die'.

FAIL

In that scene he was dying and Jean was the part of him that was compelling him to finally let go of life and die.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Jean was the dream representation of Wolverine's guilt and heartbreak. She was never really there. She was the character as filtered through Wolverine's perceptions of her. A fantasy image that he, largely, used to torment himself for his actions. In that respect, she behaved exactly as I expected her to.

The_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revamp: Some people can't understand context.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revamp:

@revamp: Some people can't understand context.

Not necessarily. It's pretty ambiguous in the last scene (especially since we don't know if dark phoenix is still attached to Jean's psyche.) I would believe the the scenes before the last one where hallucinations/dreams/Logan's conscious.
    But certain things she says makes me question otherwise:
    1) Jean says everyone you love dies- Like Silverfox? But Logan has no memory of her, why would he dream that up and that make sense to him even though he has no memory of her?
    2) The last scene with them together portrays Jean in more of heavenly surrounding compared to the rest. If Jean says she is lonely, and Logan believe that she killed Xavier and her husband Cyclops, wouldn't it be a contradiction?
    3) Also in the last scene Jean says she is lonely in heaven and has nobody. Couldn't this imply she is actually there and Xavier who isn't dead, isn't there. And Cyclops' death which was left ambiguous, may have never happened? So she actually could be lonely and not have Scott and Xavier there?
    4) Jean and Dark Phoenix never separated in the film. Who's to say that when she died, that wasn't dark phoenix or some hybrid of the two in Logan's vision?

It's can be a bit ambiguous. And there was never a defining moment like in some films where a character gets close to death and apparition of a former character comes to them and gives them strength. That never happened, It was quite insulting, imo. They had the opportunity in the last scene, but chose a different route.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Trust in fans to miss the context completely in order to have something to moan about.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By oldnightcrawler

It's pretty ambiguous in the last scene (especially since we don't know if dark phoenix is still attached to Jean's psyche.) I would believe the the scenes before the last one where hallucinations/dreams/Logan's conscious.

But certain things she says makes me question otherwise:

1) Jean says everyone you love dies- Like Silverfox? But Logan has no memory of her, why would he dream that up and that make sense to him even though he has no memory of her?

that's probably just meant in a general sense, since his immortality is the major theme; like how, besides her and Xavier having died (which he would remember), he's thinking a lot about how everyone eventually dies except for him.

2) The last scene with them together portrays Jean in more of heavenly surrounding compared to the rest. If Jean says she is lonely, and Logan believe that she killed Xavier and her husband Cyclops, wouldn't it be a contradiction?

So the assumption your making is that Jean's dead and she's in heaven or something with Cyclops and Xavier? If it really was meant to be actually Jean speaking to him from some afterlife why would she want him to die? And, since she killed Cyclops and Xavier, wouldn't she be in hell?

Where I'm going with this is that "she" is actually him, or part of him; didn't you notice in the rest of the film that it was actually largely about him feeling lonely?

3) Also in the last scene Jean says she is lonely in heaven and has nobody. Couldn't this imply she is actually there and Xavier who isn't dead, isn't there. And Cyclops' death which was left ambiguous, may have never happened? So she actually could be lonely and not have Scott and Xavier there?

I'm quite sure "she" never said she was in heaven. I'd remember that and hate it. Also, isn't the idea of heaven that you're just happy forever and everything's perfect? So if "she" was actually in heaven, why would she be haunting Wolverine and trying to convince him to die? So he can be in heaven too? Seems pretty selfish..

And there was never a defining moment like in some films where a character gets close to death and apparition of a former character comes to them and gives them strength.That never happened, It was quite insulting, imo. They had the opportunity in the last scene, but chose a different route.

You mean like Jean herself would actually do? well there's a reason they didn't do that, and it really is as simple as the fact that she was never actually there. What actually happens is what

Jean was the dream representation of Wolverine's guilt and heartbreak. She was never really there. She was the character as filtered through Wolverine's perceptions of her. A fantasy image that he, largely, used to torment himself for his actions. In that respect, she behaved exactly as I expected her to.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

Sound does it seem like FOX is going to try Dark Phoenix again?

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

logans obsession with jean is stupid he barely knows her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.