I just

#1 Edited by Dman1366 (542 posts) - - Show Bio

Completed my collection of the New Mutants 1st series. Including the Graphic Novel 4 (1st appearance), Super Special, and Annuals. I am not bragging to be pompous, I just have no friends to share this part of my life with, except you guys!

#2 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice job, I'm an avid reader but not a huge collector...how much did it cost you?

#3 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366:Congratulations! (There, at least I'LL tell you that!)

#4 Posted by Dman1366 (542 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour: Probably $300. I got lucky getting the first 55 issues for 25 cents each, then the rest was through mycomicshop. with the exception of issue #98. That cost me about $75. The worst part of that is that I am not a big fan of Deadpool, I just wanted to complete the collection hahaha.

@infonation: Thank you!

#5 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366: Congratulations thats awesome. #98 Is the only issue I have because I am a huge Deadpool fan.

This makes me want to find an attainable series that I can get a complete collection of.

#6 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations!

#7 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL NERD! Thats what my friends tell me when I talk about comic books.....

Anyway congrats that is quite abit of reading and collecting.

#8 Posted by Dman1366 (542 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: thanks man!

@Duke_Nasty: i find small ones, like another one i am doing is the 1st series of Spider Woman

@Blood1991: That's what they tell me too, but that is why I have friends on here! I have not read them all, but it took a couple of years to compile.

#9 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3443 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations! You might as well take a picture of where they are all set up, lol!

#10 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow congratulations I was gonna do this collection too, but I stopped at 67ish.

#11 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366 said:

@TheWitchingHour: Probably $300. I got lucky getting the first 55 issues for 25 cents each, then the rest was through mycomicshop. with the exception of issue #98. That cost me about $75. The worst part of that is that I am not a big fan of Deadpool, I just wanted to complete the collection hahaha.

@infonation: Thank you!

Late, but congrats. 25 cents is an amazing bargin for the majority of those books. I'm toying around with doing the same. I have most of Claremont and Bill's run. Paying that much for the Deadpool issue would suck.

#12 Posted by McKlayn (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366 said:

Completed my collection of the New Mutants 1st series. Including the Graphic Novel 4 (1st appearance), Super Special, and Annuals. I am not bragging to be pompous, I just have no friends to share this part of my life with, except you guys!

NEW MUTANTS

Bravo friend that is nice, i have a few collections but none that old or expensive either really lol good job

#13 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366: I'm almost there... My New Mutants vol. 1 series is almost complete too, so I know how you feel!

#14 Posted by Maddpanda531 (980 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, awesome! I'm currently in love with New Mutants vol 1, although I only have 1-14 and a sporadic few others. Congrats on your collection!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.