Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

I have never read a single issue. I need help please

Joakoolarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi. I really want to start reading X-men comics. But I have no idea where to start. Could anyone please guide me in where to start. I would really like to know the most important main arc stories. And some continuation. I'm a bit OCD and don't like the idea of jumping between arc stories like crazy.

Thank you.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@joakoolarte: This is a pretty common complaint against the X-Men comics, where the heck do I start?

Well for a new reader you can start at the Marvel Now relaunch (titles start at one) so if you see a title that interests you, pick it up from there.

I personally recommend

All New X-Men-Follows the original five X-Men and there trip to the present day

Uncanny X-Men-Follows Cyclops and his extinction team (Magik, Emma Frost)

X-Men-Follows a team of the X-Ladies such as Storm, Rachel Grey, Jubilee

There are a lot of solo titles out too so if you are a fan of a certain character then they might have their own title: Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Magneto, O5 Cyclops, and I think Storm is getting one soon too.

If you really don't feel like reading any of these Marvel Now titles, I recommend Grant Morrison's New X-Men run and Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run

Joakoolarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Joakoolarte

@jphu8414: Thank you for your answer. I will have these in mind. So its not really necessary to start from Xmen Volume 1.

Joakoolarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414: Ok. So Ive been checking some story arks. The Uncanny X-men vol 1 is the one who started it all... So that one is the first. Then after that it continues with the Schism event, then comes The uncanny xmen vol 2. Then it goes all the wy until Uncanny xmen vol3.

But, there is also the New xmen, that started in 1991, that really has a longer story ark, where it goes until x-men legacy.

So I guess these two are completely different storywise.

Any other story, Ive been reading a lot about somethin called, The house of M. And astonishing Xmen..

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@jphu8414: Thank you for your answer. I will have these in mind. So its not really necessary to start from Xmen Volume 1?

not at all, hardly anyone starts that far back. Most people just start with either a classic story from sometime in the middle or just whatever books are out at the time, and you figure out how it all fits together as you go.

All of the books out now ( X-Men (vol.4), Uncanny X-Men (vol.3), All-New X-Men, Wolverine & the X-Men (vol.2), and Amazing X-Men) that jphu8414 described have only been out for a year or two at most, so they're all fairly easy to catch up on.

Just try the ones that interest you and catch up on the ones you like, it gets easier as you go.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.