Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

I am an X-Addict.

MattDoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MattDoobie

Hello everyone and merry Christmas.

I’m new to comicvine.com, I’m stuck at work with little to do so I thought I’d initiate myself to your lovely forums. I have become an x-book addict, lately I’ve been really obsessed. So much so that in the last 30 days I dropped about 2000$ on amazon.ca, all on TPBs/HCs with 90% of those books starting with the letter X.

I got back into comics around January of last year and started with getting caught up on the new 52 (it was my girlfriend’s fault, she bought me V for Vendetta for xmas). I walked in a comic book store wanting anything by Moore, walked out with The Killing Joke and in no time I was buying Batman TPBs left and right and eventually a lot of new 52 books and then news of AvX came.

My first comic book love is X-Men so to prepare for it I read the Messiah trilogy, Avengers disassembled and House of M (not in that order). I found the event horribly executed and until 2 months ago it completely put me off Marvel. My watching the X-men cartoon on Netflix and news of the marvel Now initiative (and me liking most of their number 1s) drove me to shop a bit on amazon.ca and once the books started coming I just had to have more, and more, and MORE!

I’m actually pretty proud of the content of my bookcase and with boxing day/week upon us I will most definitely add to it. I’ll write down what I have, what I know I need and on some occasions where I think I should draw a line a cut a title off (mostly based on online reviews). I’m looking for advice and suggestions on how to grow my collection, maybe you guys can point out things I’ve missed.

This also gives me a chance to express my excitement for both the comics and my personal collection since no one in my entourages gives two shits about the medium. If you read this far, I thank you lol.

From the 80s I only have:

-God love, man kills TPB

-The Dark Phoenix Saga TPB.

I know I’m missing big events like Inferno, Fall of the Mutants and Mutant Massacre but I’m kind of hoping Marvel’s Masterwork’s UXM TPBs catches up to that. What are your thoughts on that? Also I just ordered Marvel Masterwork XM #1 and UXM # 1.

The era which I’m so nostalgic about: the 90s!! For this decade I collected mostly major events.

-X-Men: Lee/Claremont omnibus 1

-X-Men: X-tinction agenda HC

-X-Men: Lee/Claremont omnibus 2

-X-Men: Bishop’s crossing HC

-X-Men: X-Cutioner’s song HC

-X-Men: fatal Attraction HC

-Avengers/X-Men: Bloodties HC

-X-Men: Aged of Apocalypse omnibus

-X-Men: The Complete Onslaught epic TPBs 1-4

-X-Men: Operation Zero Tolerance HC

That’s it for that decade, did I miss anything? Now for the new millennium I’m trying to be a bit more of a completionist. Unless a book or a series has terrible rating, I try to get it. For example I dropped Astonishing X-men after Xenogenesis, I drop the Flagship X-Men after the second Legacy volume and I only pick up on Uncanny once Brubaker starts on it (that one I stick too though). Again, your thoughts on that I want!

-New X-Men omnibus.

-X-Statix omnibus

-Astonishing X-Men TPBs 1-6 & Xenogenesis.

-X-Men: Deadly Genesis.

-Uncanny X-Men: Rise & Fall of the Shi'ar Empire

-X-men: Supernova

-X-Men: Endangered Species

-Uncanny X-Men: The Extremists

-X-Men: Blinded by the Light

-X-Men: Messiah Complex

-X-Men: Divided we stand

-Uncanny X-Men: Divided we stand

-X-Men Legacy: Divided he stands

-X-Men Legacy: Sins of the father

-Uncanny X-Men: Manifest Destiny

-Uncanny X-Men: Lovelorn

-X-Force/Cable: Messiah War

-Uncanny X-Men: Sisterhood

-I want but can’t find: Dark X-Men: the beginning

-Dark Avengers/X-Men: Utopia

-Uncanny X-Men: Nation X

-X-Necrosha

-Dark X-Men

-X-Men: Second Coming

-X-Men: Curse of the Mutants

-Uncanny X-Men: Birth of Generation Hope

-Uncanny X-Men: Quarantine

-X-Men: Age of X

Buying soon:

-Second Coming Revelation

-Fear itself: Uncanny X-Men

-Uncanny X-Men: Breaking Point

-Uncanny X-men (regenesis relaunch)

-Wolverine and the X-Men

-MARVEL NOW

Now for X-FORCE. I pre-ordered the Nicieza/Liefeld Omnibus but I don’t really know what I’m getting into other than what I’ve seen in cross overs, any good? Also I’m in love with Remender’s run but other than what I’ve seen in Messiah War/Second Coming, I haven’t read any of the Kyle/Yost run on the title. Is their run worth getting?

Lastly, I’ll name a few other Marvel proprieties that I recently got:

-Secret War

-House of M

-Civil War/CW Avengers

-New Avengers omnibus

-Secret Warriors omnibus

-Secret invasion

-The Dark Avengers run

-Dark Reign: accept change

-Siege

-Fear itself

-AvX

OMG it felt sooooo good just to write all that down, if anything doing this was worth it just for that, I love my comics tabarnak! What’s missing?! Why is it so good?? Please share your thoughts!

Againg, thank you and Merry Christmas, happy Hanukah, great holidays to everyone!

Matt

MattDoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MattDoobie

Ok... my work browser doesn't support comicvine's text editor. I can't make paragraphs lol! I'll do that from home later, sorry!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Welcome to the X-forums...hope you survive the experience !

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#4  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

That is great homie. Welcome to ComicVine. What new Marvel Titles are you getting especially any new X book?

benzino_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By benzino_x

Enjoy the ride!

MattDoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MattDoobie

It should make more sense now lol.

MattDoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MattDoobie
    @MadeinBangladesh said:

That is great homie. Welcome to ComicVine. What new Marvel Titles are you getting especially any new X book?

Well I want a kick ass X book collection so I'll keep working on that for past TPBs. I prefer collected edition so I'll have to be patient and wait for the Bendis books to come out. 
    dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By dangallant984

@MattDoobie: hey there, I'm pretty new myself, so I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

As far as your 80's collection goes, don't worry about Fall of the Mutants or Inferno, check out Days of Future Past (#141 & 142), and especially the stuff from the Trial of Magneto (#200) up to the Mutant Massacre. Uncanny X-men Annual #11 is also especially good.

If you liked Whedon and Cassaday's Astonishing X-men (and you should!), you night be interested in Morrison's New X-men. It's not as good, but it sets up a lot of cool concepts and characters, and the core team is pretty well written.

for newer stuff, I think you could probably skip the whole second volume of Uncanny X-men and just wait for the new one that's starting in February. I would also highly recommend All new X-men, it's a lot of fun so far.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tomchu

@AgeofHurricane said:

Welcome to the X-forums...hope you survive the experience !

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By tupiaz

Marvel Masterworks: Uncanny X-Men vol. 1-4

Vol. 4 collects 122-131 so you would get the 3 first issue of the Dark Phoenix saga but other than that no problem.

Marvel Masterworks: X-men 1-5

MattDoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MattDoobie

I got Marvel Masterworks X-Men 1 yesterday, it sooo was awesome to read the first ever issue!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.