Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How x-men films may influence the comics post-secret wars?

Avatar image for amazingfantasy15
    AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A lot of the comic book films have influenced the comics they are based on and now the x-men films, which are doing very well, are taking a focus different to the comics, namely the past versions of x-men characters. We've seen this already in the comics with the original x-men coming to the present but how do you all think that the films might influence the comics once everything is potentially rebooted. Will history be altered, will there be an even greater focus on the pre-x-men versions of characters, or any other possible influences from the films?

nateb1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nateb1211

None whatsoever. Disney/Marvel don't have the rights to the movies so there won't be any influence form the current X-Men films at all.

AZTERIX_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Marvel/Dinsey doesn't make the x-men films so they won't at all.

Avatar image for amazingfantasy15
    AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe not officially but if there's an interest in the history of different x-men they may do stories about it or flashbacks, even if its just a follow up to the story involving the original x-men being in the present.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy15: marvel wants xmen to die asap so fox sell the human rights, theyve already turned SW and QS inhuman and killed off logan

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EC2277
    No Caption Provided

Fox already owns the rights about Quicksilver and in my opinion, if Marvel thinks it is possible take away to the Fox the rights of the character, simply turn him into inhuman, I think there will be a legal action.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

I don't think that the movies will make much of a difference in the comics especially since Marvel doesn't own the X-men movies.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not impossible. I mean we could likely see a Apocalypse story the same way they did a Electro story write after the spiderman movie, just not one that plays out the same.

Lets not forget that the movies have already changed the X-Men more then a few times...there was no backstory for Logan or full student body at the mansion before the movies. The X-Men lost their costumes for like 5 years after the first movie, Xavier lost his electric wheel chair and Rogue's face has become indistinguishable from Anna Paquin.....If the films do something interesting and innovative then we might see some form of it, but idk what your expecting other then the same vague level of promotion they usually do....this isnt GotG where it's a virtual unknown, they can't just recast the books to fit the movie.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EC2277
    @koays said:

[…]

If the films do something interesting and innovative then we might see some form of it, but idk what your expecting other then the same vague level of promotion they usually do....this isnt GotG where it's a virtual unknown, they can't just recast the books to fit the movie.

I think that is exactly what they could do, if the Original 5 will be part of Secret Wars; Teen Jean should be there.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: Even if teen Jean is there it doesn't put the books closer to the movies. No one is going to walk out of a theater and into a comic shop and be able to pick up the book that has the same cast as the Age of Apocalypse movie. Mostly because Xavier Mystique and Magneto are the biggest parts of the films and are all miles apart in comic land.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Marvel doesn't care what happens in the X-Men films. As long as they don't violate their contract.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@ec2277: Even if teen Jean is there it doesn't put the books closer to the movies. No one is going to walk out of a theater and into a comic shop and be able to pick up the book that has the same cast as the Age of Apocalypse movie. Mostly because Xavier Mystique and Magneto are the biggest parts of the films and are all miles apart in comic land.

I hate when I made a mistake writing.

Yes, you are right and in fact I wanted say if Marvel Comics wants make the x-titles more similar to the movie, the only thing it may do, it is use the Original 5 (or at least Teen Jean and Teen Scott) even after Secret Wars.

Never post something when you aren't totally awaken.

No Caption Provided
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays said:

Lets not forget that the movies have already changed the X-Men more then a few times...there was no backstory for Logan or full student body at the mansion before the movies. The X-Men lost their costumes for like 5 years after the first movie, Xavier lost his electric wheel chair and Rogue's face has become indistinguishable from Anna Paquin.....If the films do something interesting and innovative then we might see some form of it, but idk what your expecting other then the same vague level of promotion they usually do....this isnt GotG where it's a virtual unknown, they can't just recast the books to fit the movie.

Yeah. Big time. I think a lot of people that are newer to the X-Men comics don't really understand how much of an impact the movies had. They essentially saved the franchise. Although, Marvels ego has inflated a bit with the success of the film universe. So...they probably won't aping much from the films because they figure they know better......although, it is interesting they retconned Xavier and Mystique into having a relationship, so, who is to say?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

@koays : Yeah, I agree that the movies have already affected the comics, at least way early on. Although, now that Marvel actually has their own movie company now, whatever happens in the current X-Men movies probably won't affect the comics at all, unless Marvel owns the movies.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Yea i think alot of it is just people so focused on the perceived hatred between Marvel and Fox that they try to point out how impossible the idea of X-films and comics collaborating without really looking at how many times it's happened already. And at the same time how much of the Avenger's movie is being put into the Avengers books? I mean Electro is Blue in the Spiderman books now and we've seen how unhappy Marvel was with the film it's self. The only MCU change that I can see is the line up of the GotG and the edition of that Shield guy to the books.

@rabbitearsblog- Well, It's not impossible for them to add a change, but considering they've changed for the movies, change back to normal and back again alot during the initial trilogy....you could even argue that they've out grown changing the whole franchise for a quick cash in. But hey Kid Apocalypse is running around with Deadpool last i saw....so who's to say they won't do a comic arc depending on how successful it is. It's not likely....but it's not cut an dry they won't do it ever again....it's just the current setting of the films would make it a bit contrived to adapt certain points anyway.

@ec2277- Basically yea. WIth everything taking place in the 70's/80's Era with very few mutants and baddies available and the series mostly focusing on less experienced members in the coming films...the O5 is the only way to go. I just don't really want to get into the moutain of possibilities of life after Secret Wars when it comes to how they could make some of the movie stuff work in whatever the continuity will be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.