Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How would you rearrange the X-titles in Marvel NOW?!

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Silver_Raven

I would like to see see All New X-men go away, along the O5. (Sadly i feel we are stuck with them for a while and they are going to continue to steal the spotlight from the New X-men kids and we still have 4 of the O5 but still no real Jean.)

Just have one adjectiveless X-men book about X-men being marvelous heroes. Not involved with the school or the new brotherhood just about the core X-men Now! Storm, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Beast, Rogue, and Angel.

Uncanny X-men to continue where it left off, with a more fleshed out cast of Cyclops, Psylocke, Magneto, Danger, Magik, Warpath, Unuscione, Random, Neophyte, and X-Stacy.

Wolverine and the New X-men, renamed to show more focus to the students of the new school. And not just the special class. This is about Wolverine and faculty teaching the younger generation of the X-men.

X-men Legacy would be about Legion and a team of X-men helping to heal him. With Rachel, Darwin, Karma, Doug-lock, Frenzy, and Dr. Nemesis.

X-Force about Cable's team of nomadic renegades, upgraded with Polaris, Sunfire, Madison Jeffries, Omega Sentinel, Rictor, Shatterstar, and Hope.

Uncanny X-Force, this version is Bishop's secret enforcers, with Sage, Gambit, Colossus, Lifeguard, Mimic and Skids.

X-Factor, city team of mutants working in New York City. Havok, Domino, Forge, Dazzler, Jubilee, Wolfsbane, Sunspot, Magma, and Multiple Man,

X-Generation, a team of young X-men on the West Coast. Danielle Moonstar, Cannonball, M, Chamber, Banshee, Neal Shaara, and Stinger.

X-treme X-men, can continue to be a dimension hopping book starring X-man.

Astonishing X-men can become the marvel team up book like A+X or Uncanny Avengers. But would have a rotating cast of X-men and Avengers for each story.

And these would be my choices for Avenging X-men Wolverine, Storm, Cannonball, Dani Moonstar and Emma Frost. they could join any of the several Avengers teams.

So in total 10 X-books each with its own roster and mission statement and niche in the Marvel U.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By judasnixon
    @Silver_Raven: Who would you get to write each book?
    Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Silver_Raven

I don't know. I know i liked Wood on his X-men run and Gillen on his Uncanny X-men run. So them. I am eager to see how these current writers do with their new titles. But so far i am not sure who i will love in the new year.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Chaos Burn

Wolverine and the X-Men - mainly about mutant problems, Wolverine trying to expand and prove the X-men are a force for good, by rescuing new mutants and prevent disasters/conflict

Wolverine, Storm, Psylocke, Archangel, Beast, Iceman, and Kitty Pryde

Uncanny X-Men - about Cyclops slowly becoming a more extreme, like a new brotherhood, taking strong action against mutant human conflict... eventually Magneto will overthrow Scott and become leader.

Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, Magik, Sunfire, Rogue (part time)

New X-Force - Cable leads a team to strike at enemies to prevent ongoing disaster for mutants in the future

Cable, Colossus, Gambit, Sabretooth, Dominio, AoA Nightcralwer, Deadpool (part time)

umm dunno what else right now!

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Veitha

I like the titles we have, I don't think that they need many changes. There is all we need: you want the E-Team? Buy Uncanny and All New X-Men(I like the idea of the O5 in the present, even if I think that it should last too long). You want X-Force?? There's two of them. Want the X-Students? There's Wolverine and The X-Men. Want extra-dimensional travelling? There's X-Treme X-Men.

And then we also have X-Factor, Legacy and Astonishing X-Men, and many X-Characters are also used in Avenging Titles(Sunspost, Cannonball, Rogue, Moonstart etc.), so most of the mutant characters are in the spotlight and many of them are not in the Limbo anymore

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By tomchu

What I would do is try and avoid characters from overlapping.

Uncanny X-Men - Revolution Team - Cyclops, Magneto, Emma Frost, Magik, Hellion, Box, X23, Frenzy,

X-Men - Recon Team - Cyclops' Team to do Espionage missions, Borderline X-Force work - Sage, Bishop, Shard, Doc Nemesis, Caliban.

Generation neXt - Mentor Team - Gen X, New Mutants as mentors, and kids from WTAX doing missions, something like Young Justice - Chamber, Cannonball, Jubilee, Moonstar, Magma, Anole, Rockslide, Blindfold, Armour, Dust, Surge... - Cypher Warlock being mission brief, Moonstar being trainer, but mentors follow these kids on missions.

X-Force - Wetworks Team - Wolverine's Team that does what other mutants wont have to do - Cable, Fantomex/ EVA, Domino, Psylocke, Wolverine, Deadpool

These two teams have interchangable members, with swapouts for Gen neXt members if necessary

Wolverine and the X-Men - Wolverine Main Mission Team - Doing missions for the sake of heroics, Saving the World - Wolverine, Polaris, Gambit, Storm, Iceman, Shadowcat, Angel

X-Men Legacy - Wolverine's Secondary Team/ Rogue's Team - Rogue, Havok, Legion, Northstar, Karma, Phoenix (Rach Summers), Colossus

X-Factor - Does exactly what it is doing now - Madrox, M, Strong Guy, Butterfly, Siryn/Banshee, Shatterstar, Longshot, Rictor, Wolfsbane but with new membership Cecilia Reyes, Maggott

Doop - Because he deserves his own title. :D

The hard part about all this is that some people just don't seem to care about some characters here, and so inclusion of them might be a bit erred.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dangallant984

Astonishing X-men: the official field team associated with the school, lead by Storm, with Psylocke, Northstar, Gambit, Cecilia, Iceman, and sometimes other members of the school.

New X-men: the students in training to be X-men, with Anole, Armor, Pixie, Dust, Rockslide, KidOmega and the O5, being mentored by Kitty, Iceman, Karma, Dani, Wolverine and the Beast.

Uncanny X-men: the outlaw X-men doing "what must be done", lead by Cyclops, with Emma, Magneto, Frenzy, Magic, and a revolving cast of morally grey and/or new characters.

All New X-men: focusing on stories that feature or effect any or all of the three core teams.

X-factor: Madrox's detective agency, on the fringes of mutant cotinuity, with Madrox, Layla, Monet, Rictor, Shaterstar and whoever else serves the story.

X-force: Cable and Domino's team that exists to keep Cyclops' team from becoming X-force.

Gambit: works better in his own title.

Wolverine: is gonna get one anyways.

jhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jhole

Astonishing xmen: official team of veteran xmen. Lead by Cyclops with storm, colossus, psylocke, iceman, beast, wolverine, angel. Mainly focused on traditional super heroics. Written by Whedon.

New X-men: essentially a continuation of yost/kyles New X-men focussing on the students of the school (now run by storm), training to be future xmen. Team would be made up of anole, rockslide, hellion, mercury, dust, surge (leader), kid omega, genesis, x-23. They would be joint mentored by chamber and husk, and would see storm, havok, shadowcat, beast and Rachel grey in minor teaching capacities. Written by Yost.

Uncanny X-Men: not an outlaw team but not exactly sanctioned. Focused on recruiting new mutants and defending mutant rights above all else. Willing to bend the rules of nations to ensure mutants receive equal rights. Team lead by Cyclops, with Emma frost, magneto, wolverine, northstar, rogue, cecelia Reyes, hope. Written by Gillien.

X-Force: outlaw team that secretly work with the uncanny x-men, eliminating threats that the x-men can't be seen to be involved with. Cable (leading), forge, dr nemesis, warpath, domino, gambit, fantomex, magik. Written by Remender.

X-Factor: can stay as is, maybe back of the magic stuff and go back to street level detective work.

X-Men Legacy: the New mutants grown up. Classic superhero book focusing on these mid-twenty mutants trying to live up to the name of X-Men whilst still unsure of their place in the world. Lead by Cannonball, with sunspot, dani, magma, cypher, warlock, karma, legion, x-man (TK and TP but not completely at old levels). Written by Carey.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I would re-assert the need for more editorial oversight. There should be little to no overlap between the characters, focus on developing newer characters and I would definitely jettison some of the boring older characters, saving them for major story lines.

X-Factor: In my opinion, this book is doing it right. Peter David is doing a great job. I wouldn't force any characters onto the cast unless he requested them. And for the most part, the members of X-Factor Investigations stay in this book, allowing them to develop.

A+X: Concept is essentially a team-up book, which already makes it seem inconsequential, so it should seem like "The Secret Wars", with characters appearing with no impact on their stories. Anyway, they need to start focusing on Avengers who have retired and X-Men characters who don't really have anything to do. Monica Rambeau and Storm would be an interesting issue. Justice and Havok would be another good one.

Uncanny Avengers: I don't think Rogue fits in with this cast. Remove her. Wolverine shouldn't be on this squad, as well. Sorry, but he's not one of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Put Polaris on there.

All New X-Men: I'd replace the O5 with an All New, All Different X-Men Squad where New Mutants and Generation X-ers graduate to the team. Magma, Cannonball, Moonstar, Karma, Husk, Jubilee, Chamber and the rest will now be the X-Men, with Magik sometimes toeing the line.

Cable and X-Force: Cancel it.

Savage Wolverine: Keep it. I like the focus, gives Shanna something to do. I would like to see Ka-Zar and Zabu here, too. Because, why not?

Uncanny X-Force: Take Storm off the cast and I'm happy.

Wolverine: I guess this is expected. Keep it.

Wolverine and the X-Men: I don't really like the series, but keep it so long as people buy it.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By fodigg

I would have done:

• X-Force starring Cable (or maybe starring Bishop?)
    • X-Men starring Storm
    • Wolverine & X-Men starring Logan
    • X-Factor starring Madrox
    • Brotherhood of X starring Cyclops
    • Uncanny Avengers starring Rogue (not Havok)
    • drop X-Men Legacy
    • drop A+X

Minor changes, I know. And it'd still be nice to have a "reality swapping" x-men title like Exiles or the current X-Treme X-Men, and I'm also fond of cosmic books, so I liked the cosmic X-Men stuff too. But I think the above would be the key points for me.

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Spawn92

Oh boy, theres so much I would change lol!

Firstly (coming off of my other forum post) here is what the current lineup is looking like:

• All new XMen
    • Uncanny XMen
    • Wolverine and the XMen
    • Xmen
    • Astonishing XMen
    • XMen Legacy
    • Cable & XForce
    • Uncanny XForce
    • XFactor
    • Wolverine
    • Savage Wolverine
    • Gambit
    • XTreme XMen
    • AOA
    • Uncanny Avengers
    • A+X

So the first thing I would do is get rid of all solo books (Wolverine x2, Gambit) and A+X. They seem pointless to me, Wolverine and Gambit would be in enough books and A+X has overstayed its welcome.

Meld AOA and XTreme together, and make one book about universe hopping. It would be the return of Exiles!

I'm digging Uncanny Avengers, so I would keep it the way it is. But I would also make it unique and cut the A+X themes from ALL other X books.

I dont really read XFactor, but from what Ive heard its well written, unique, and it features a good roster, so I would just keep it the way it is.

One XForce team, led by Cable, and focusing on dealing with threats with extreme prejudice.

Shift the focus of WatXM to the students (and sometimes their adventures with the teaching staff) and call it "Academy X" or something. WatXM has been focusing less and less on the actual school and more on Wolverine and this can be easily done in another book.

Cancel XMen (apparently already happening) and put some of the members in Astonishing XMen. This would be the main book on Wolverine's side of the XVerse post Schism.

Cancel All New XMen, send the originals back. I can't see All New lasting long before this happens anyways.

Keep Uncanny XMen the way it is. The main book on Cyclops' side post Schism.

XMen Legacy would be the only one that drastically changes. It would focus on a team led by Legion, of really obscure and long forgotten mutants. This book would focus on Legion basically being a mutant shepherd, gathering mutants and teaching them in the honor of his father.

I would make a new book that focuses on an internation team of XMen. A group that is made of mutants from around the globe that travels to all 7 continents to help aid in global crises/conflicts. Think: XCorp + Force Works (except not total garbage). Just call it X-International or something similar.

So in total, 9 books:

• Astonishing XMen
    • Uncanny XMen
    • XForce
    • XFactor
    • Academy X
    • Exiles
    • XMen Legacy
    • X-Internatonal
    • Uncanny Avengers (kind of an X book)

No idea who would be on what team, but it would be similar to whats happening now.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rickbarry

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

I would re-assert the need for more editorial oversight. There should be little to no overlap between the characters, focus on developing newer characters and I would definitely jettison some of the boring older characters, saving them for major story lines.

X-Factor: In my opinion, this book is doing it right. Peter David is doing a great job. I wouldn't force any characters onto the cast unless he requested them. And for the most part, the members of X-Factor Investigations stay in this book, allowing them to develop.

A+X: Concept is essentially a team-up book, which already makes it seem inconsequential, so it should seem like "The Secret Wars", with characters appearing with no impact on their stories. Anyway, they need to start focusing on Avengers who have retired and X-Men characters who don't really have anything to do. Monica Rambeau and Storm would be an interesting issue. Justice and Havok would be another good one.

Uncanny Avengers: I don't think Rogue fits in with this cast. Remove her. Wolverine shouldn't be on this squad, as well. Sorry, but he's not one of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Put Polaris on there.

All New X-Men: I'd replace the O5 with an All New, All Different X-Men Squad where New Mutants and Generation X-ers graduate to the team. Magma, Cannonball, Moonstar, Karma, Husk, Jubilee, Chamber and the rest will now be the X-Men, with Magik sometimes toeing the line.

Cable and X-Force: Cancel it.

Savage Wolverine: Keep it. I like the focus, gives Shanna something to do. I would like to see Ka-Zar and Zabu here, too. Because, why not?

Uncanny X-Force: Take Storm off the cast and I'm happy.

Wolverine: I guess this is expected. Keep it.

Wolverine and the X-Men: I don't really like the series, but keep it so long as people buy it.

You'd rule marvel with an iron fist! Why cancel Cable & X-force? I'm curious.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rickbarry said:

I don't think this concept brings anything new to the table. We've already seen how Cable operates, how he lead his X-Force squad and frankly, X-Force has always diluted the X brand both in-universe and out-of-universe. It's boring. You have a team with the X-Men's mission...but more X-TReme!!11! and with guns. Just blah. If they really want a strong concept, stop forcing characters together - limit the lineup to Cable, Dr. Nemesis and Domino and give them a more necessary mission, like policing more unstable areas of the world. Instead, their mission is only described as "a mission that makes them fugitives, bringing them in conflict with the Uncanny Avengers". It just doesn't seem that interesting. I'm glad Colossus doesn't have the powers of the Juggernaut, though.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rickbarry

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Rickbarry said:

I don't think this concept brings anything new to the table. We've already seen how Cable operates, how he lead his X-Force squad and frankly, X-Force has always diluted the X brand both in-universe and out-of-universe. It's boring. You have a team with the X-Men's mission...but more X-TReme!!11! and with guns. Just blah. If they really want a strong concept, stop forcing characters together - limit the lineup to Cable, Dr. Nemesis and Domino and give them a more necessary mission, like policing more unstable areas of the world. Instead, their mission is only described as "a mission that makes them fugitives, bringing them in conflict with the Uncanny Avengers". It just doesn't seem that interesting. I'm glad Colossus doesn't have the powers of the Juggernaut, though.

I hear what you're saying, but I think we need a little more out there action. Although the idea of shrinking the roster for a more logical mission reminds me of Wood's X-men run. I happened to enjoy it, but the thing just didn't catch on or sell.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rickbarry said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Rickbarry said:

I hear what you're saying, but I think we need a little more out there action. Although the idea of shrinking the roster for a more logical mission reminds me of Wood's X-men run. I happened to enjoy it, but the thing just didn't catch on or sell.

I think they need to stop trying to have a formulaic superhero lineup for Cable's team-oriented stories. They should go in a more gritty direction. Maybe more similar to "100 Bullets". You can do a lot with Cable, Dr. Nemesis and Domino, but for whatever reason, this series is already off to a strange start with an ambiguous mission with pacing issues and some characters seemingly on the team just because they could have one or two good scenes. I would either re-tool or cancel it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.