Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How would you organise the X-Men titles? if you could

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

A lot people said that there too many X-Men characters and not enough of them are being used. I would like to know how you would organise the X-Men titles.

I have counted over 84 characters in the X-Men world at the moment. Some of them are being used and some of them not, a lot of the characters are being used as backgrounds characters. How would you change it. If you had a choice of 30 males and 30 females only. Who would they be?

Here is a list of those characters

Anole

Blink

Armor

Boom Boom

Beast

Chamber

The Stepford Cuckoos

Blindfold

Broo

Cipher

Cable

Dazzler

Cannoball

Dust

Cecilia Reyes

Elixir

Colossus

Face

Cyclops

Gentle

Cypher

Hellion

Danger

Husk

Deadpool

Ink

Doctor Nemesis

Krakoa

Domino

Legion

Dr Kavita Rao

No-Girl

Emma Frost

Prodigy

Fantomex

Random

Namor

Rockslide

Nightcrawler

Surge

Northstar

Gambit

Layla Miller

Frenzy

Madrox

Hope Summers

Rictor

Iceman

Shatterstar

Jubilee

Strong Guy

Wolfsbane

Kitty Pryde

Kid Omega

Longshot

Warbird

Madison Jeffries

Kid Glatiator

Magik

Banshee (Siryn)

Magma

Magneto

Moonstar

Oya

Pixie

Polaris

Primal

Psylocke

Rachel Grey

Rogue

Storm

Sunspot

Warpath

Toad

Transonic

Velocidad

Warlock

Wolverine

X-23

Zero

I may have missed some characters out. So there might be more characters added to that list.

It looks like these will be the main X-Men titles this year.

X-Men Legacy

Uncanny X-Men

Wolverine and the X-Men

Uncanny X-Force

X-Factor Investigations.

Astonishing X-Men

X-Men

New Mutants

X-Treme X-Men

Ultimate comics X-Men

So if you had a choice of 30 males and 30 females only, what title will they be in and will they have a major role in that title. If marvel could create one extra title, what would you like it to be and what will be called and who would be in it? You can have some characters appear in more titles than one.

What characters would you get rid of and what characters would you like to see return. What villains would like the X-Men to face in the next two years?

The most important question, should marvel limit the number of characters in the X-Men world?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

20 males and 20 females only? Across all of the books?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Billy Batson

Wolverine.
    BB

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#4  Edited By time1

@Billy Batson said:

Wolverine.
    BB

What's does that mean ?

@John Valentine said:

20 males and 20 females only? Across all of the books?

I change it to 30 males and 30 females. I was thinking that 20 wouldn't be enough.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @time said:

@Billy Batson said:

Wolverine.
    BB

What's does that mean ?

LMAO.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Billy Batson said:

Wolverine.
    BB

Ha!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By John Valentine

I'd scrap Astonishing X-Men, New Mutants and X-Men.

Team Cyclops

• Uncanny X-Men - Cyclops (Leader), Emma, Storm, Magneto, Namor, Danger, Cable, Hope, Colossonaut and Magik.
    • X-Treme X-Men - Storm (Leader), Domino, Warpath, Boom Boom, Moonstar, Sunspot, Magma, X-Man, Surge, Dust and Loa.

(Rotating casts).

Supporting cast:

• Utopian Students: Loa, Lights, Pixie, No-Girl, Stepford Cuckoos.
    • Science Team: Dr. Nemesis, Dr.Rao, Madison Jeffires, Danger, Cypher/Warlock.

(Crosta would die, brutally).

Team Wolverine

• Wolverine and the X-Men - Wolverine, Beast, Kitty, Iceman, Warbird, Rachel Grey, Kid Omega, Broo, Idie, Kid Gladiator, Genesis and NewAngel.
    • X-Men: Legacy - Beast, Rogue, Cannonball, Iceman, Warbird, Rachel Grey, Chamber, Husk. (Less of a feature on students than there is currently).

Supporting cast:

• Other Students: Match, Trance, Ernst, Glob Herman, Indra and Krakoa.
    • Random: Havok, Polaris and Deathlok.

Other Team Wolverine Books:

• Uncanny X-Force - Wolverine, Psylocke, Fantomex/E.V.A., Deathlok, AoA Nightcrawler and Deadpool.
    • Wolverine (Solo) - Wolverine.

(No Mimic, Toad, Frenzy, or Weapon Omega).

Independent

• New X-Men - Hellion, Mercury, Anole, Rockslide, Surge, Dust, X-23, Prodigy ........and a re-powered Wind Dancer ROAD TRIP. Also starring: .....Professor X, Magneto and Cable!
    • Gambit (Solo book) - Gambit.
    • X-Factor Investigations - Madrox, Havok/Polaris, Monet, Siryn, Strong Guy, Longshot, Shatterstar, Rictor and Wolfsbane.
    Masterpiece1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Masterpiece1

I would die of happiness if Wolverine, X-23, Jubilee, Kitty and Armor became a team, it's impossible but, i would love it!

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By jrock85

@John Valentine said:

I'd scrap Astonishing X-Men, New Mutants and X-Men.

Team Cyclops

• Uncanny X-Men - Cyclops (Leader), Emma, Storm, Magneto, Namor, Danger, Cable, Hope, Colossonaut and Magik.
    • X-Treme X-Men - Storm (Leader), Domino, Warpath, Boom Boom, Moonstar, Sunspot, Magma, X-Man, Surge, Dust and Loa.

(Rotating casts).

Supporting cast:

• Utopian Students: Loa, Lights, Pixie, No-Girl, Stepford Cuckoos.
    • Science Team: Dr. Nemesis, Dr.Rao, Madison Jeffires, Danger, Cypher/Warlock.

(Crosta would die, brutally).

Team Wolverine

• Wolverine and the X-Men - Wolverine, Beast, Kitty, Iceman, Warbird, Rachel Grey, Kid Omega, Broo, Idie, Kid Gladiator, Genesis and NewAngel.
    • X-Men: Legacy - Beast, Rogue, Cannonball, Iceman, Warbird, Rachel Grey, Chamber, Husk. (Less of a feature on students than there is currently).

Supporting cast:

• Other Students: Match, Trance, Ernst, Glob Herman, Indra and Krakoa.
    • Random: Havok, Polaris and Deathlok.

Other Team Wolverine Books:

• Uncanny X-Force - Wolverine, Psylocke, Fantomex/E.V.A., Deathlok, AoA Nightcrawler and Deadpool.
    • Wolverine (Solo) - Wolverine.

(No Mimic, Toad, Frenzy, or Weapon Omega).

Independent

• New X-Men - Hellion, Mercury, Anole, Rockslide, Surge, Dust and Prodigy. ROAD TRIP. Also featuring: .....Professor X and Cable!
    • Gambit (Solo book) - Gambit.
    • X-Factor Investigations - Madrox, Havok/Polaris, Monet, Siryn, Strong Guy, Longshot, Shatterstar, Rictor and Wolfsbane.

I don't see X-23 anywhere.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John Valentine

@jrock85 said:

I don't see X-23 anywhere.

Oh, she'd be on the New X-Men rooster! With a re-powered Wind Dancer too.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By jrock85

@John Valentine: That's where I figured you'd want her.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Mercy_

I was gonna come in and answer and then I saw that @John Valentine: did a way better job than I would.

John, please get that job at Marvel already.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By John Valentine

@Mercy_ said:

I was gonna come in and answer and then I saw that @John Valentine: did a way better job than I would.

John, please get that job at Marvel already.

Ha, thank you very much!

Glad you enjoyed my line-ups!

Wait until you see my creative teams and my "five year plans"!

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ChrisAngel

Im not going to be ashamed that the first thing i'd do to the X-Men linuups before anything else.. and it's probably the no-no that'll get me boos and catcalls... but im killing Cyclops. DEAD. No hope of return.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By ReVamp

Using @John Valentine: as a template.

Team Cyclops

Uncanny X-Men

• Cyclops
    • Emma Frost
    • Magik
    • Colossus
    • Namor
    • Danger

(Magneto is... elsewhere)

New X-Men

• Hellion
    • Wind Dancer
    • Wallflower
    • Elixir
    • Mercury
    • Anole
    • Surge

Team Wolverine

WATX

• Wolverine
    • Storm
    • Nightcrawler
    • Beast
    • Kitty Pryde

X-Treme X-Men

• Gambit
    • Rogue
    • Iceman
    • Rachel Grey
    • Warbird

Legacy

• Broo
    • Kid Gladiator
    • Pixie
    • Velocidad
    • Kid Omega
    • Laurie, can't remember her name off the top of my head.

Idie and dog guy are elsewhere as well.

New Mutants

• Cannonball
    • Moonstar
    • Sunspot
    • Magma
    • Warpath
    • Rachel
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle

Am I the only X-fan that has no love for Namor ,Danger,  X-23, Hope, and the Five Lights? I mean characters like Dust has been around for nearly a decade, and still hardly has that much development, yet they keep introducing new characters and adding new members at every turn.

We need someone with commitment to the X-books like good ole' Claremont had......seriously that guy could develop one of Professor X's socks. Characters these days are wooden and repetitive.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By John Valentine

@cattlebattle said:

Am I the only X-fan that has no love for Namor ,Danger, X-23, Hope, and the Five Lights? I mean characters like Dust has been around for nearly a decade, and still hardly has that much development, yet they keep introducing new characters and adding new members at every turn. We need someone with commitment to the X-books like good ole' Claremont had......seriously that guy could develop one of Professor X's socks. Characters these days are wooden and repetitive.

Are you reading any X-Books currently?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cattlebattle
    @John Valentine said:

@cattlebattle said:

Am I the only X-fan that has no love for Namor ,Danger, X-23, Hope, and the Five Lights? I mean characters like Dust has been around for nearly a decade, and still hardly has that much development, yet they keep introducing new characters and adding new members at every turn. We need someone with commitment to the X-books like good ole' Claremont had......seriously that guy could develop one of Professor X's socks. Characters these days are wooden and repetitive.

Nope I stopped when Utopia became the most hypocritical, nonsensical idea I have ever read about......seriously, "hey lets be accepted by society by segregating our expansive army of mutants on an island with our own democracy" Then schism became a clusterf*** as well.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By John Valentine

@cattlebattle said:

@John Valentine said:

@cattlebattle said:

Nope I stopped when Utopia became the most hypocritical, nonsensical idea I have ever read about......seriously, "hey lets be accepted by society by segregating our expansive army of mutants on an island with our own democracy" Then schism became a clusterf*** as well.

That's a shame, I think the X-titles are the best they've been in years right about now. Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, X-Factor and Wolverine and the X-Men especially.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle
    @John Valentine said:

@cattlebattle said:

That's a shame, I think the X-titles are the best they've been in years right about now. Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, X-Factor and Wolverine and the X-Men especially.

Its very possible they could be, I just have a personal problem with the characters I mentioned (whole other story entirely) and the fact they have sooo many characters, I mean the X-Men have always had lots of books with lots of characters but they rarely do something with the older ones and introduce like 10 new ones a year, forcing me to not care about a bunch of them
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John Valentine

@cattlebattle said:

@John Valentine said:

@cattlebattle said:

Its very possible they could be, I just have a personal problem with the characters I mentioned (whole other story entirely) and the fact they have sooo many characters, I mean the X-Men have always had lots of books with lots of characters but they rarely do something with the older ones and introduce like 10 new ones a year, forcing me to not care about a bunch of them

I completely agree with the point you made. I like Namor and Danger, didn't used to, but they're written really well now.

I'm still not a massive fan of Hope or the Lights. Things are better now than they were. More characters are getting a focus; Dust has been featured recently in Legacy, for example. X-23's with Avengers Academy now, she's no longer with The X-Men.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cattlebattle
    @John Valentine said:

I completely agree with the point you made. I like Namor and Danger, didn't used to, but they're written really well now.

I'm still not a massive fan of Hope or the Lights. Things are better now than they were. More characters are getting a focus; Dust has been featured recently in Legacy, for example. X-23's with Avengers Academy now, she's no longer with The X-Men.

That is good to hear, X-Factor was always a good book so I knew there was potential to get the books at a good flow again, I use X-Factor as an example because they had a large roster with characters from all over the X-Mens history, 80;s 90's etc....and they are all written and developed well, especially Layla Miller who was stagnant at first after her pivotal role in House of M

I don't want to go on a tirade, I could actually break down my contempt for each character, but Its not that the characters I mentioned were written badly...I just don't understand the logic of them being apart of the X-Men in the first place, Danger for instance was something I always thought was silly, her simplicity is over looked and she is accepted because Whedon created her. I mean think about it, the Danger Room came alive and became the X-Mens version of Ultron?? I never liked it, and for the longest time she was just the X-Mens resident robot there for plot convenience.....I could go on but you get where I am going

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.