How Would You Like X-Men to Continue?

#1 Posted by creyzi4zb12 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

More Romance?

More Gore (like blood flying around)?

Lesser Gore?

Less Righteous (like X-force capping a kid in the head)?

More Righteous (like the old x-men)?

More Teen Stories (or maybe adolescent x-men/but I think we got that in Logan's new School)?

More Mystery?

More Cosmic Encounters (Celestials, Skyfather's, Watchers, Galactus)?

#2 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

If i were too choose, more teen stories and mix that with more mystery, with the amount of teasers and previews Axel and co. pull out of their hats, all sense of "mystery" is more or less gone.

#3 Posted by Vincent92 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

If i were too choose, more teen stories and mix that with more mystery, with the amount of teasers and previews Axel and co. pull out of their hats, all sense of "mystery" is more or less gone.

^this, wolverine book is good, but more of them like athe time of acedemy X

#4 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really bothered about the direction they're heading at the moment. Though a new cosmic book could be interesting.

#5 Posted by Pwok21 (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

A X-Men team that is similar to the old X-Men, whilst X-Force stays the same as it is.

A focus on the newer X-Men recruits as well as the ones that haven't had too much focus.

#6 Posted by creyzi4zb12 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, me too. I really like where X-men is headed off right now. But some cosmic stuff would be great (like that Dreaming Celestial part.

#7 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring the New X-Men book back!! Feature my favorite X-students again... :(

#8 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

No more students. X-Men titles were more fun to read when it was a select number of mutants (8-16) at the mansion and no one else.

#9 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

>_>

<_<

More Jean Grey!! *begins to run*

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like most of the X-Men books to have the same humor as Wolverine and the X-Men since many of the melodramatic stories are starting to tire me out.  I also would like more books on the  X-Men students communicating with the older X-Men.

#11 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

More gore.

Less righteousness.

More sex.

More alcohol.

More drugs.

Turn every title into a MAX title.

#12 Posted by Saren (25217 posts) - - Show Bio

Less mutant supremacist terrorism, more actual stories worth reading?

#13 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

Definitely agree with this.
#14 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

I second this

#15 Posted by aerokinesis (529 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see storm doing some fatalities on ppl

#16 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

A X-Men team that is similar to the old X-Men, whilst X-Force stays the same as it is.

A focus on the newer X-Men recruits as well as the ones that haven't had too much focus.

#17 Posted by Twentyfive (2743 posts) - - Show Bio

With a focused story.

#18 Edited by OmegaHans (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill Cyclops, bring him back later.

Unite the teams.

Make either Wolverine or Storm lead the team.

Move everyone back to New York.

Get rid of X-Force.

Have Xavier run things again.

Make Magneto a villain again.

Make Apocalypse a villain again, ditch the Genesis idea.

Quit embarrassing Juggernaut.

Have Sebastian Shaw exact lethal revenge on Emma Frost for all she's done to him for the past 2 years.

Speaking of that, maybe... just maybe have Emma leave the X-Men, have Psylocke kick her ass and take over her spot as headmisstress. Too many telepaths in the soup anyhow, lose one, spare the others. Betsy has better powers now and Emma is a boring silicone golddigging unfaithful Atlantean-smooching two-faced tramp of a showpiece anymore who's worn out her welcome.

Give Sunfire back his legs.

Bring Selene Gallio back.

Bring Forge back.

Bring 616 Nightcrawler back.

If things should turn the worse, prepare an apology to Bishop in advance if he should ever return.

Do a new Shi'ar event.

Colossus loses the Juggernaut power.

Kill Fantomex.

Make a better story with Sinister in it than the one they last had him in.

Marvel writers, quit injecting your stupid Real World-esc, housemate reality TV show filth ideas into any X-Men comic, get back to the business of being a superhero team...

...and on that note, don't you dare let Loeb touch anything X-related in the future, I don't care if it takes as long as him retiring, getting old, croaking and finally kicking the bucket, don't EVER give him privilege!

Quit ignoring Iceman.

I'll think of more later.

#19 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3443 posts) - - Show Bio

To be perfectly honest, less focus on individual character angst and more focus on strong storylines with good plot and villains. Fewer X-Men, too. They always worked more as an underdog, and with so many former villains affiliated with them, their membership currently far exceeds that of The Avengers, making them look less like underdogs and more like a dangerous militia. Less gore. Like: a LOT less. The death of many of the neo New Mutants and loss of limbs for certain characters were particularly brutal. Leave the option open to retire former characters and have new characters take their place - otherwise, you leave no room for new heroes to come in and be important enough to save the day.

Maybe they need to re-focus the story: They are obviously building parallels with Israeli history post-World War, but it's not really easy to keep DeciMation as the driving force of their story. Only two people were clearly responsible, and they seem to be absolved of their crimes compared to an entire culture that was built around the idea of dehumanizing a race. Perhaps having a tragedy befall Wolverine's school to see if his idea works and whether that changes his point of view or having a major villain appear that A) doesn't want to take over the world, B) wants to work with humans by having members of their team on other superhero groups and C) actually doesn't have any angst in the agenda. Imagine an empath employed as a therapist, or a telekinetic that worked as an engineer who were called in "The Ultimates" style when threats appeared? That would really blow the X-Men's paradigm of "all useful powers should be used to perform superheroics" apart.

Perhaps that is what they need to get out of their rut: An alternative faction that isn't set up to be evil masterminds.

#20 Posted by XxINSTANTKILLxX (3 posts) - - Show Bio

the xmen should continue by having more love stories maybe someone getting pregnant someone dies and more fights

#21 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaHans said:

Kill Cyclops, bring him back later.

Unite the teams.

Make either Wolverine or Storm lead the team.

Move everyone back to New York.

Get rid of X-Force.

Have Xavier run things again.

Make Magneto a villain again.

Make Apocalypse a villain again, ditch the Genesis idea.

Quit embarrassing Juggernaut.

Have Sebastian Shaw exact lethal revenge on Emma Frost for all she's done to him for the past 2 years.

Speaking of that, maybe... just maybe have Emma leave the X-Men, have Psylocke kick her ass and take over her spot as headmisstress. Too many telepaths in the soup anyhow, lose one, spare the others. Betsy has better powers now and Emma is a boring silicone golddigging unfaithful Atlantean-smooching two-faced tramp of a showpiece anymore who's worn out her welcome.

Give Sunfire back his legs.

Bring Selene Gallio back.

Bring Forge back.

Bring 616 Nightcrawler back.

If things should turn the worse, prepare an apology to Bishop in advance if he should ever return.

Do a new Shi'ar event.

Colossus loses the Juggernaut power.

Kill Fantomex.

Make a better story with Sinister in it than the one they last had him in.

Marvel writers, quit injecting your stupid Real World-esc, housemate reality TV show filth ideas into any X-Men comic, get back to the business of being a superhero team...

...and on that note, don't you dare let Loeb touch anything X-related in the future, I don't care if it takes as long as him retiring, getting old, croaking and finally kicking the bucket, don't EVER give him privilege!

Quit ignoring Iceman.

I'll think of more later.

I agree with all of this!!!
#22 Posted by poisonfleur (2926 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Justice Done too ALL the characters! Stop letting the plot and stupid writers narrow are beloved characters. I wanna see our favorite heroes SHINE to the best of their ability!

#23 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

more sex and violence

#24 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio
@poisonfleur said:

How about Justice Done too ALL the characters! Stop letting the plot and stupid writers narrow are beloved characters. I wanna see our favorite heroes SHINE to the best of their ability!

I agree with this! They really need to stop letting the characters seem so weak and actually let them do the best they can with their powers!
#25 Posted by poisonfleur (2926 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

I agree with this! They really need to stop letting the characters seem so weak and actually let them do the best they can with their powers!

Amen to that^ Tell em'!!

#26 Posted by Renascence (128 posts) - - Show Bio

More street level/less organized militia, more underground movement

Less superfluous, overflowing casts/less X-Men

More purposeful/intentional with characters (related to above)

No school, no students

Less romance

Less righteousness

More wit

#27 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1291 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott's mind is broken after AvX emma withdraws from the X-men to help him rebuild his mind much like she did before there affair started.

I'd like to see new leadership maybe Dani or kitty. The old guard is just that old.

Leave the divid for now I doubt the rift is gonna heal after the end of AvX.

The rest of the things I'd like to see have being covered.

#28 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

they should disperse completely, then give us some issues about the individual characters like iceman and (don't kill me) cyclops cuz he has some issues. then they should reform with a few, but some stay solo.

#29 Posted by War Killer (19860 posts) - - Show Bio

While I'm sure people will disagree with this idea, but does anyone think the X-Men would be better off in their own universe separated from the rest of the Marvel U like the Avengers? My main reason for this is because they have always felt separate from the rest of the world anyways, but also because the idea of the X-Men being feared and hated, yet while the rest of the superhero community is treated like heroes, not all, but a majority such as the Avengers, just feels like it shouldn't be that big of a deal anymore. Why not just move the X-Men and their villains into their own universe, the X-Verse or something. Just a thought.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.