Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How will the new mutant community react

Blink710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blink710

How will the new mutant community react when they find out the Avengers and most of the X Men actively fought to prevent the resurrection of their race?

The fact is Cyclops was right. Had the Avengers not interfered mutants would have been reborn, the Phoenix 5 would not have been possessed and Wakanda would be a lot dryer. What's going to happen when the new mutants find out that Earth Mightiest Heroes don't actually have their best interests in mind?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By z3ro180

@Blink710: your forgeting the tiny bit about the phonix wipeing out all life on the planet

Blink710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blink710

The Phoenix was twisted because it was divided and forced in vessels that weren't supposed to be its host. Directly because of the Avengers.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4  Edited By x_29

We already discussed this in many previous threads.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By papad1992

@Blink710 said:

The Phoenix was twisted because it was divided and forced in vessels that weren't supposed to be its host. Directly because of the Avengers.

Wasn't the Phoenix meant for the Five Lights instead of Cyclops and gang!?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By TheCrowbar

@papad1992 said:

@Blink710 said:

Just Hope.

Also I think some of them would be pissed at Cyclops. In the short run, he's an ass. In the long run he was right

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle  Online
    @x_29 said:

We already discussed this in many previous threads.

Welcome to the X-Men forums,....please stay tuned to comicvine for other recurring threads like "Why I hate the Dark Knight Rises" or "Random Storm thread #12,895"
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By papad1992

@TheCrowbar said:

@papad1992 said:

@Blink710 said:

Just Hope.

Also I think some of them would be pissed at Cyclops. In the short run, he's an ass. In the long run he was right

So he was a right ass... better than being a left ass!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

We don't know that without the fight, Hope wouldn't have gone corrupt. When she was possessed in #12 she said that she "saw where the others went wrong" so she wouldn't be like them. This leads to the possibility that without seeing what the Five had become, she too could have been as bad as they were.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ScarletBatman

There's no telling what would have happened if Hope was possessed. She could easily have gone dark, like Jean before her; or she could have become mutant Jesus. We'll never know. That's what makes the comic interesting.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By dangallant984

@Blink710: I think when people say "Cyclops was right", they mean, he made the thing he wanted to happen happen, despite all odds, and with no regard to whether or not he had the right to do it.

And, in that way, I agree with them.

But I bet there's going to be a lot of people pissed off at him when they find out they probably never would have become mutants at all if it hadn't been for him screwing about with the fate of the world.

If I woke up tomorrow with a beak and tentacles, for example, I might not agree with his justifications.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.