How will the new mutant community react

#1 Posted by Blink710 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

How will the new mutant community react when they find out the Avengers and most of the X Men actively fought to prevent the resurrection of their race?

The fact is Cyclops was right. Had the Avengers not interfered mutants would have been reborn, the Phoenix 5 would not have been possessed and Wakanda would be a lot dryer. What's going to happen when the new mutants find out that Earth Mightiest Heroes don't actually have their best interests in mind?

#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blink710: your forgeting the tiny bit about the phonix wipeing out all life on the planet

#3 Posted by Blink710 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

The Phoenix was twisted because it was divided and forced in vessels that weren't supposed to be its host. Directly because of the Avengers.

#4 Edited by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

We already discussed this in many previous threads.

#5 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blink710 said:

The Phoenix was twisted because it was divided and forced in vessels that weren't supposed to be its host. Directly because of the Avengers.

Wasn't the Phoenix meant for the Five Lights instead of Cyclops and gang!?

#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Blink710 said:

The Phoenix was twisted because it was divided and forced in vessels that weren't supposed to be its host. Directly because of the Avengers.

Wasn't the Phoenix meant for the Five Lights instead of Cyclops and gang!?

Just Hope.

Also I think some of them would be pissed at Cyclops. In the short run, he's an ass. In the long run he was right

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (13047 posts) - - Show Bio
@x_29 said:

We already discussed this in many previous threads.

Welcome to the X-Men forums,....please stay tuned to comicvine for other recurring threads like "Why I hate the Dark Knight Rises" or "Random Storm thread #12,895"
#8 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@papad1992 said:

@Blink710 said:

The Phoenix was twisted because it was divided and forced in vessels that weren't supposed to be its host. Directly because of the Avengers.

Wasn't the Phoenix meant for the Five Lights instead of Cyclops and gang!?

Just Hope.

Also I think some of them would be pissed at Cyclops. In the short run, he's an ass. In the long run he was right

So he was a right ass... better than being a left ass!!

#9 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

We don't know that without the fight, Hope wouldn't have gone corrupt. When she was possessed in #12 she said that she "saw where the others went wrong" so she wouldn't be like them. This leads to the possibility that without seeing what the Five had become, she too could have been as bad as they were.

#10 Posted by ScarletBatman (365 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no telling what would have happened if Hope was possessed. She could easily have gone dark, like Jean before her; or she could have become mutant Jesus. We'll never know. That's what makes the comic interesting.

#11 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blink710: I think when people say "Cyclops was right", they mean, he made the thing he wanted to happen happen, despite all odds, and with no regard to whether or not he had the right to do it.

And, in that way, I agree with them.

But I bet there's going to be a lot of people pissed off at him when they find out they probably never would have become mutants at all if it hadn't been for him screwing about with the fate of the world.

If I woke up tomorrow with a beak and tentacles, for example, I might not agree with his justifications.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.