Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How will cyclops react? Spoilers!

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Imperius_Rex

As most of you know from reading UXM #1 Erik is the traitor. My question is, when Scott discovers his treachery how will he handle the betrayal and how will he deal with mags? Its safe to say at this point in the power scale Scott can handle mags in combat. But I can help but feel he has this respect for magneto that may keep him from attacking or hurting magneto. On the other hand he's spent years battling him. So it may just come naturally.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By chasereis

@Imperius_Rex: Scott-neto will likely try (and likely succeed) in killing him or this was Scott idea all along. Give in to your anger, take your visor, strike me down and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chocobojam

Maybe Magneto is not really a traitor at all. it could be that he is only trying to get the trust of SHIELD so he can spy to them.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Optic blasts are gonna fly. And people are gonna die.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Interesting responses. Chasereis... I could only hope that's how it goes down. Lol

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GonnaRain

I really believe Cyclops knows already. With some of the events of issue #2, he has to know and it probably is all part of some plan of his with Erik, and if it's not, he probably figured it all out already by the end of the issue.

If it's not indeed a plan between the two, I can see Scott being severely disappointed, kicking Erik off the team of course, but I don't think he'll try to kill him, no this new Scott who's looking so calm and peaceful.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7  Edited By x_29

I believe this was Cyke's plan all a long

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evilvegeta74

@chocobojamsaid:

Maybe Magneto is not really a traitor at all. it could be that he is only trying to get the trust of SHIELD so he can spy to them.

@x_29

said:

I believe this was Cyke's plan all a long

@GonnaRain

said:

I really believe Cyclops knows already. With some of the events of issue #2, he has to know and it probably is all part of some plan of his with Erik, and if it's not, he probably figured it all out already by the end of the issue.

If it's not indeed a plan between the two, I can see Scott being severely disappointed, kicking Erik off the team of course, but I don't think he'll try to kill him, no this new Scott who's looking so calm and peaceful.

All of this!

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Honestly, I think Bendis dropped the ball on this one. (go fig)

If you're going to hype up the idea of a traitor, you don't just jump to reveal in issue #1. Seriously? What was the point?

The only forseeable way I see to stretch that and make it a surprise is that the Magneto bit was a false reveal. He was working with Scott the whole time and the traitor is someone else.

Not impressed.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chiq

I wonder if Mags and Scott planned all this. Mag said their powers don't work but he didn't tell them Magik had an upgrade. I wonder if Scott will throw the fight with the Avengers and make them look like bullies on t.v. while Scott's team turns from terrorists into freedom fighters.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GonnaRain

@chiq said:

I wonder if Mags and Scott planned all this. Mag said their powers don't work but he didn't tell them Magik had an upgrade. I wonder if Scott will throw the fight with the Avengers and make them look like bullies on t.v. while Scott's team turns from terrorists into freedom fighters.

It really seems like it. Think about it, when Erik refused to go with them to Australia, he acted quite strange and suspicious. And the fact that the Avengers appeared in Australia just as they arrived is just to much... I'm sure that, if it wasn't Scott and Erik's plan from the start, Cyke probably figured it out by now.

I'm with you, I actually believe that Magik "keeping and eye nearby" is actually filming everything or something lol, they'll probably use the Avengers aggression (they even went with THE HULK) in their favor, and I'm really sure that, even with the roster the Avengers brought, the X-Men can probably take them, or at least hold them while they escape.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By AgeofHurricane

What a piece of sh*t this series is, as well as the series from which it spun out of.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By dangallant984

though I wasn't completely hooked by the first issue, the second has me much more intrigued. I will actually be more surprised if Cyclops isn't behind Magneto's apparent betrayal, I think he's at least aware of it; either they're both playing SHIELD, or Cyclops is playing Magneto:, either way, I'm curious.

And we got a little more team time, still not completely sold on the new kids, but we get more Emma and Magik, so that's cool. This issue actually did make me interested in those two again, probably more than the entirety of the last series (vol.2).

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Daycrawler

@AgeofHurricane said:

What a piece of sh*t this series is, as well as the series from which it spun out of.

I'm starting to think that you don't like X-Bendis.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Daycrawler: Lol.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rickbarry

Unless this is some elaborate Scott play to get an inside man with Shield then...it's not going to end well with him.

He burned a lot of bridges during schism and the few that remained with him Ororo, Betsy, Piotr etc...were burned worse and bailed. Illyana and Erik aren't the people you want in your corner as they'll turn on you at their earliest convenience. Dude is screwed.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane said:

Could be alot worst. Also is Uncanny X-Force worth reading?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Death Certificate: It's good, but not "worth" reading in that sense.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By chasereis

@Daycrawler: Dude, (@AgeofHurricane: ) has a restraining order from Bendis. Something about a decapitated horse head on Bendis' California king bed but I'm not totally certain. (I'm just playing hurricane)

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@chasereis: If you start "leaking" any more info about that incident, you'll be the one leaking. See what i did there ?

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chasereis

@AgeofHurricane: I understand and will immediately comply.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rickbarry

@chasereis: I have to watch this scene again.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lykopis

I'm with the "infiltrating SHIELD" crowd. Shallow and repetitive story-telling. Ho-hum.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he'll kill Erik like he did Charles and think "I got them both!" Now all the mutants good and evil will join me! Impeccable ligic right there! :D

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By judasnixon
    @Death Certificate: I'm loving Uncanny X-Force. All I'm going to say is Fantomex stole my toothbrush.....
    chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By chasereis

Honestly I just want "Scott" to finally admit that Scott Summers died in the twelve and that is has been the shapeshifter Apocalypse the WHOLE TIME. Stick that in your feathered hat, Phoenix entity. Who's a clone now, Joseph?! Mystique uses kindergarten disguises, playa. 'Poccy got sta take it all over!

The greatest trick Apocalypse ever played was convincing the world that Cyclops was still alive. -Kobayashi

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By judasnixon

I was thinking how cool it would be if Emma was faking her power problems and was secretly controlling magneto to get back at scott, but then I remember magneto has that helmet. I don't know maybe magneto is secretly working with Mystique and they are trying to restart the Brotherhood, using Cyclops as a recruiting tool..... Who knows......

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chiq

@GonnaRain said:

@chiq said:

It really seems like it. Think about it, when Erik refused to go with them to Australia, he acted quite strange and suspicious. And the fact that the Avengers appeared in Australia just as they arrived is just to much... I'm sure that, if it wasn't Scott and Erik's plan from the start, Cyke probably figured it out by now.

I'm with you, I actually believe that Magik "keeping and eye nearby" is actually filming everything or something lol, they'll probably use the Avengers aggression (they even went with THE HULK) in their favor, and I'm really sure that, even with the roster the Avengers brought, the X-Men can probably take them, or at least hold them while they escape.

Yeah, between Magik and Tempus they shouldn't have too much problems with that line up of Avengers.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By John Valentine

Why didn't Magneto warn Shield about Magik? It seems to me that Magneto told Shield exactly what Scott wanted them to know.

Magneto's not powerful enough to stand by himself anymore.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Daycrawler

@chasereis said:

@Daycrawler: Dude, (@AgeofHurricane: ) has a restraining order from Bendis. Something about a decapitated horse head on Bendis' California king bed but I'm not totally certain. (I'm just playing hurricane)

Yikes!

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32  Edited By lorex

The whole betrayal thing seems to be too convinent a plot point to start a new title off with. While I do think Magneto is capable of betraying someone I just cannot see him selling out other mutants like that. I think it could be a manipulation cooked up by Cyclops to get SHIELD resources but that remains to be seen.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PrinceIMC

@GonnaRain said:

I feel like this is probably right.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Imperius_Rex

This is why I love comic vine. So many different opinions and ideas. I hope they're in on a plan together because I like the relationship between mags and cyke

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By xmentas

@DarkxSeraph said:

Honestly, I think Bendis dropped the ball on this one. (go fig)If you're going to hype up the idea of a traitor, you don't just jump to reveal in issue #1. Seriously? What was the point? The only forseeable way I see to stretch that and make it a surprise is that the Magneto bit was a false reveal. He was working with Scott the whole time and the traitor is someone else. Not impressed.

Agreed. I didn't like how in issue one we already see mag being a traitor. I hope it's all some plan...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.