Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How the characters have been treated. Are you Happy with it?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

Are you happy with the way the writers treated the X-Men characters.

There have been a lot changes made to the characters over the years

Like :

Charles was made redundant, Cyclops took over X-Men and kick him out.

Jean was killed off and then she came back and then was left to root in the white room

Bishop betray the X-Men and then he was sent packing.

Iceman, Gambit and Storm were irrelevant for years, until Regenesis started .

Nightcrawler didn't do anything untill he was kill off in Second Coming. Now we have alternative version of him

Magneto join the X-Men and then he was portray as being weak.

Cable raise Hope in the future, he kept her save and then he was killed off in Second Coming and now he back for a brief period to stop the Avengers.

Rogue gain control of her powers, then she was demoted by Cyclops. She hook up with Magneto instead of Gambit, which would of make more sense, if she got back with Gambit.

Wolverine went from being a leader of two hit man squads to being headmaster of a school. That's makes sense. Yeah right

Cyclops became leader of the mutant race, in doing so, a lot of people didn't agree with the way he was leading the X-Men and as result he has fell out with a lot of people, like Beast, Charles and Wolverine etc.

Emma Frost went on to be X-Men leading lady, over the last couple of years, she not longer a mean cow, that we knew before. She also has turn into this typical girlfriend. For some reason she fears the return of Jean grey. That Hope is somehow link to her.

Surge was the leader of New Mutants, a couples of years ago and now she no longer relevant.

Hellion had his hands chop of in Second coming and for some reason he has turn into some sort of stalker, some sort of a creep.

X-23 was part of X-Force team, then she was kicked out by Wolverine, then she went on to have her own series, which will be cancel this month and then she Join the Avengers Academy. That sucks.

Jubilee return and became a vampire.

Kitty became a headmistress, she dump Colossus, because Colossus became the new Juggernaut.

Warren transform into Archangel, became the new Apocalypse and now he has no memory of who he is.

Colossus became the new Juggernaut.

Finally Psylocke, she return and she became a member of two teams and she fighting on both Cyclops and Wolverine teams

As you see above, there has been quite a lot of changes made to the characters. How do you feel about these changes to these characters, are you happy with them. Is it a good thing for them or a bag thing for them. What do you think the future will be like for them.? Will Cyclops loose leadership at one point, will him and Beast become friends again. If Jean returns what part do you think she play in this, will she forgive Cyclops, and the choices that he made. Do you think Cyclops will remain the leader he is today, if Jean comes back. If it turns out Bishop was right about Hope, do you think the X-Men will forgive him etc.

I would be grateful for your views on this topic and your free to include other characters in this and any changes made to them as well.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By papad1992

@time: Seriously, more than half of what u said is completely what made the X-Men go on a downfall!!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Ooh boy...there are a lot things I didn't like the changes that much. Here are my opinions:

Colossus became the new Juggernaut - Actually, I didn't mind this because I thought it would allow more character development with Colossus, especially with him dealing with his rage side.  I was hoping after all this, he would keep the new powers and maybe have his own miniseries where he tries to control his new powers with Magik trying to help him through this. This might offer an opportunity for Colossus to have a relationship with Magik again.

Iceman, Gambit and Storm were irrelevant for years, until Regenesis started - I'm glad that they are back, but did it have to take over 10 years just for them to become relevant in the comics again?  I didn't see the problem with them still taking part in the stories over the years.

Wolverine went from being leaders of two hit man squads to being headmaster of a school. That's makes sense. Yeah right - This wouldn't have been an issue with me if the writers actually took the time to explain to the audience about how Wolverine came to this conclusion in the first place.  Yeah, there were instances in his solo series that might have explained his change of heart, such as killing his own children, but 1) Not everyone has read Wolverine's solo series, so this information would still be left out if the writers don't address it and 2) It was never explicitly stated in Schism that that was the reason why Wolverine changed his heart.  Actually in Schism, Wolverine never really stated why he suddenly changed his heart.

Jubilee return and became a vampire - I really didn't like this idea because Jubilee could have become a human and still be able to help out the X-Men. Turning her into a vampire doesn't really make a lot of sense because they never really mentioned much about vampires in this world.

Magneto join the X-Men and then he was portray as being weak - I miss Magneto being the villain because he was actually an interesting character when he was a villain and now ever since he turned into a good guy, they just keep on making him weak.

Nightcrawler didn't do anything untill he was kill off in Second Coming. Now we have alternative version of him - Nightcrawler's sacrifice was very memorable, but they didn't have to replace him with his AOA self. They could have waited out a few years until the real Nightcrawler comes back to the mainstream. If they put AOA Nightcrawler in the 616 universe, they might as well bring in all the other characters from the AOA universe.

Kitty became a headmistress, she dump Colossus, because Colossus became the new Juggernaut - I really, really, really, really hated this! Now, I loved the idea about Kitty being the new headmistress of the school because that would do a lot for her character, but I really hated the moment where she breaks up with Colossus. I personally think that Kitty would have stayed with Colossus no matter what happened. Sure, she'll still be angry with Colossus for taking on the Juggernaut form but she would have tried to make sure that he is alright in his new form or help him control it. I really hope that she and Colossus will get back together eventually because they really are a great couple.

Rogue gain control of her powers, then she was demoted by Cyclops. She hook up with Magneto instead of  Gambit, which would of make more sense, if she got back with Gambit - I personally don't like Rogue's relationship with Magneto (isn't Magneto a little too old for her?) and I wish that she and Gambit will get back together. I really loved her relationship with Gambit and I was upset that they broke up.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @papad1992 said:

@time: Seriously, more than half of what u said is completely what made the X-Men go on a downfall!!

I agree
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By papad1992

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Nightcrawler didn't do anything untill he was kill off in Second Coming. Now we have alternative version of him - Nightcrawler's sacrifice was very memorable, but they didn't have to replace him with his AOA self. They could have waited out a few years until the real Nightcrawler comes back to the mainstream. If they put AOA Nightcrawler in the 616 universe, they might as well bring in all the other characters from the AOA universe.

Which basically there isn't anymore AoA characters really, they've all been killed off with the exception of Nightcrawler, Sabretooth and Jean Grey!!!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By owie  Moderator

Lots of good observations. One reason I don't try to keep up with the X-men on a consistent basis much anymore is because there are too many characters for the writers to keep track of, so many of them just hang around in the background in stasis. Which, in the case of people like Prof. X seems crazy, both for his former centrality and due to the extent of his powers.

As for the changes, I think it's a good thing for writers to embrace change, but sometimes they seem to do so in a way that doesn't respect or consider the better aspects of the characters or the group. Kitty and Colossus's breakup, for instance. I miss Nightcrawler a lot, even if they dealt with his death in a nice way. I highly prefer Jean to Emma. I think Wolverine's about-face on murder is a bit hypocritical. On the other hand, the Collosonaut thing is kind of interesting, and I kind of like the division between Cyclops and Beast, because it's sad but meaningful and has been dealt with respectfully over a long period of time.

natejoseph09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By natejoseph09

Good points, disagree about Storm, Gambit and Iceman being irrelevant for 10 years, more like 4-5 years, just after Messiah Complex happened.

Iceman faded into the background, Gambit disapeared when he became the horseman of death and Storm married Black Panther.

Thankfully all 3 of them are back to being in multiple books again.

maikkywin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By maikkywin

Poor Gambit .

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Tigerstriper
    Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Everyone will differ on one point or another, but overall I think you touched on many of the decisions over the past decade that have been more unpopular than most

- I have nothing against change, but only when its as good or better than what it is replacing, most of these failed in that regard

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By butterflykyss

@time said:

Like :

Jean was killed off and then she came back and then was left to root in the white room

Nightcrawler didn't do anything untill he was kill off in Second Coming. Now we have alternative version of him

Cable raise Hope in the future, he kept her save and then he was killed off in Second Coming and now he back for a brief period to stop the Avengers.

Rogue gain control of her powers, then she was demoted by Cyclops. She hook up with Magneto instead of Gambit, which would of make more sense, if she got back with Gambit.

Wolverine went from being a leader of two hit man squads to being headmaster of a school. That's makes sense. Yeah right

Cyclops became leader of the mutant race, in doing so, a lot of people didn't agree with the way he was leading the X-Men and as result he has fell out with a lot of people, like Beast, Charles and Wolverine etc.

Emma Frost went on to be X-Men leading lady, over the last couple of years, she not longer a mean cow, that we knew before. She also has turn into this typical girlfriend. For some reason she fears the return of Jean grey. That Hope is somehow link to her.

Surge was the leader of New Mutants, a couples of years ago and now she no longer relevant.

Hellion had his hands chop of in Second coming and for some reason he has turn into some sort of stalker, some sort of a creep.

X-23 was part of X-Force team, then she was kicked out by Wolverine, then she went on to have her own series, which will be cancel this month and then she Join the Avengers Academy. That sucks.

Kitty became a headmistress, she dump Colossus, because Colossus became the new Juggernaut.

Warren transform into Archangel, became the new Apocalypse and now he has no memory of who he is.

Finally Psylocke, she return and she became a member of two teams and she fighting on both Cyclops and Wolverine teams

As you see above, there has been quite a lot of changes made to the characters. How do you feel about these changes to these characters, are you happy with them. Is it a good thing for them or a bag thing for them. What do you think the future will be like for them.? Will Cyclops loose leadership at one point, will him and Beast become friends again. If Jean returns what part do you think she play in this, will she forgive Cyclops, and the choices that he made. Do you think Cyclops will remain the leader he is today, if Jean comes back. If it turns out Bishop was right about Hope, do you think the X-Men will forgive him etc.

I would be grateful for your views on this topic and your free to include other characters in this and any changes made to them as well.

I think the X-men were best potrayed during the 80s and especially the 90s. Everything that we knew about them has drastically changed and not in a good way. Mags a hero now and does come off rather weak in comparision to when he embrassed his villianous side. All in all, I do not like the road that lead to the Xmen we know today.

LadyHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LadyHarley

I think Rogue went for Magneto for the writers to author-insert themselves, for a woman like rogue to go for an old guy. Gives them hope me thinks.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Owie said:

Lots of good observations. One reason I don't try to keep up with the X-men on a consistent basis much anymore is because there are too many characters for the writers to keep track of, so many of them just hang around in the background in stasis. Which, in the case of people like Prof. X seems crazy, both for his former centrality and due to the extent of his powers.

As for the changes, I think it's a good thing for writers to embrace change, but sometimes they seem to do so in a way that doesn't respect or consider the better aspects of the characters or the group. Kitty and Colossus's breakup, for instance. I miss Nightcrawler a lot, even if they dealt with his death in a nice way. I highly prefer Jean to Emma. I think Wolverine's about-face on murder is a bit hypocritical. On the other hand, the Collosonaut thing is kind of interesting, and I kind of like the division between Cyclops and Beast, because it's sad but meaningful and has been dealt with respectfully over a long period of time.

I agree with all this! I think that these changes wouldn't have been so bad if the writers actually took the characters' past histories and incorporated it into the stories instead of leaving those histories out and think that the readers will just buy whatever is going on.  I agree that the Collosonaut thing was probably the only interesting thing that has happened all this time. Let's hope the writers don't mess up this rare opportunity to expand his character while he has the Cyttorak powers.

@butterflykyss said:

@time said:

Like :

I think the X-men were best potrayed during the 80s and especially the 90s. Everything that we knew about them has drastically changed and not in a good way. Mags a hero now and does come off rather weak in comparision to when he embrassed his villianous side. All in all, I do not like the road that lead to the Xmen we know today.

I agree that the X-Men were better written during the 80s and 90s since a lot of focus was on the characters and the stories fitted the histories of the characters perfectly.  If they wanted to make Magneto a true hero, they should at least make him just as strong as a hero as he was as a villain.
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Skaddix

@natejoseph09 said:

Good points, disagree about Storm, Gambit and Iceman being irrelevant for 10 years, more like 4-5 years, just after Messiah Complex happened.

Iceman faded into the background, Gambit disapeared when he became the horseman of death and Storm married Black Panther.

Thankfully all 3 of them are back to being in multiple books again.

Agreed more like 4-5

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RogueOracle

I want the Emma I love back:( I want her to be more Emma. And I'm so over love triangles that poor Scott is surrounded by. Dude's trying hard to keep the freakin race alive, he's failing to notice a fishstick creeping up onto his girl. This love triangle business with Namor be damned.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Skaddix

Indeed its been pretty bad for most characters since Decimation and Messiah Complex.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Skaddix said:

Indeed its been pretty bad for most characters since Decimation and Messiah Complex.

I agree. I think that's where everyone's character started to go downhill.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I dont like even one of these changes 

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By John Valentine

@time:

Professor X is redundant now. His dream is antiquated and dated.

Cyclops has kept the mutant race alive since M-Day. The dream of mutantkind should be survival and repopulation; this is Cyclops' mission statement.

Bishop was a gimmick of a character anyway that had had no purpose for years. I don't care that he's gone. There is no way they can redeem him now, anyway.

Iceman, Storm and Gambit are going to get more attention. That's a good thing.

AoA Nightcrawler is bad-ass. At least something interesting is being down with him, unlike 616 Kurt to whom nothing interesting had happened in years (the priest bullcr@p doesn't count).

Cyclops did what was necessary to keep his people alive. He has had to bare the weight of his decisions. I have no problem with this.

Fraction's Emma was pathetic. Whedon's Emma was superb and Gillen's doing a damn good job with her right now.

I had no problem with Hellion losing his hands; it meant that he ended up being a more skilled and powerful telekinetic. I do have a problem with what Liu did to him. I also dislike how he's regressed back to a comedic school bully role. I wish he had some more focus; I actually like what Carey did with him/started to do with him. He'd gone through the angry, angsty and depressed stage and had started to come out the other side on the path to heroism again. Hellion should be an A-lister one day.

Colossus was one of the most boring X-characters ever. The Kitty-Colossus relationship is stale. Bring on BobKat.

Again, Warren had been boring for years. I'm willing to accept his "death"/new self on the basis that we got Dark Angel, an absolutely fantastic story.

Psylocke is hot stuff right now. I really do like what she's been through in Uncanny X-Force - Dark Angel Saga, the choices she's had to make with Warren and Jamie Braddock in Otherworld etc, her power increase, the emotional sacrifices she's made. Great character building . She's gone from being in limbo/Claremont's hands for years to being the X-Men's No. 1 femme fatale.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By poisonfleur

@papad1992 said:

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING TO POST^

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21  Edited By x_29

Yes and no but still interested to see the future of the x-men either way.

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#22  Edited By joshuagamer

I hate that they made Bishop a villain. I'm ok with them making Cyclops the leader for a little, but they seriously need to make Professor X the leader again now. The same goes for Jubilee, let her have a little fun as a vampire, but change her back eventually. I'm upset that Nightcrawler died, but it brought a lot of emotional depth to the series. I actually like the alternate Nightcrawler and can't wait to see what happens when he's there when the normal Kurt returns. I can't wait for Jean Grey to come back. I hate that X-man is one of the most powerful mutants on the planeet, but it's never really capitalized on. I like the Storm/ BP marriage, I just don't like how he treats her like a side piece more than a wife. I like Rogue getting control of her powers, hate her losing the Ms. marvel powers, and would prefer to see her with Gambit. I like what they have done with Cable for the most part. When Cable died, I was really excited, because I thought he would be reborn without the legacy virus and that we would finally be able to see him at full power- but he wasn't. I like Colossus's new powers on a strictly temporary basis; if they want to really power him up, they need to give him a secondary mutation. You mentioned Hellion losing his hands, but I think it should be stated how much it sucks when they take limbs from the other xmen too (e.g. Karma); second coming seemed like it was written to raise awareness for amputees. I want Shadowcat (I think I'm the only one that still calls her that) to get back with Piotr. Little side not: they've had a million and one alternate reality Summers/ Grey babies popping up over the years, why not any Storm babies like Torrent; she could offer a lot of pleasant awkwardness between Wolverine, Storm, and Black Panther. Also wouldn't mind seeing Aaliyah Bishop (Bishop and Deathbird's alternate reality daughter). Final, biggest, and most controversial:GIVE THE MUTANTS BACK THEIR POWERS!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By papad1992

@poisonfleur said:

@papad1992 said:

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING TO POST^

:P

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By John Valentine

@joshuagamer said:

I hate that they made Bishop a villain. I'm ok with them making Cyclops the leader for a little, but they seriously need to make Professor X the leader again now. The same goes for Jubilee, let her have a little fun as a vampire, but change her back eventually. I'm upset that Nightcrawler died, but it brought a lot of emotional depth to the series. I actually like the alternate Nightcrawler and can't wait to see what happens when he's there when the normal Kurt returns. I can't wait for Jean Grey to come back. I hate that X-man is one of the most powerful mutants on the planeet, but it's never really capitalized on. I like the Storm/ BP marriage, I just don't like how he treats her like a side piece more than a wife. I like Rogue getting control of her powers, hate her losing the Ms. marvel powers, and would prefer to see her with Gambit. I like what they have done with Cable for the most part. When Cable died, I was really excited, because I thought he would be reborn without the legacy virus and that we would finally be able to see him at full power- but he wasn't. I like Colossus's new powers on a strictly temporary basis; if they want to really power him up, they need to give him a secondary mutation. You mentioned Hellion losing his hands, but I think it should be stated how much it sucks when they take limbs from the other xmen too (e.g. Karma); second coming seemed like it was written to raise awareness for amputees. I want Shadowcat (I think I'm the only one that still calls her that) to get back with Piotr. Little side not: they've had a million and one alternate reality Summers/ Grey babies popping up over the years, why not any Storm babies like Torrent; she could offer a lot of pleasant awkwardness between Wolverine, Storm, and Black Panther. Also wouldn't mind seeing Aaliyah Bishop (Bishop and Deathbird's alternate reality daughter). Final, biggest, and most controversial:GIVE THE MUTANTS BACK THEIR POWERS!

Move on.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @joshuagamer said:

I hate that they made Bishop a villain. I'm ok with them making Cyclops the leader for a little, but they seriously need to make Professor X the leader again now.The same goes for Jubilee, let her have a little fun as a vampire, but change her back eventually. I'm upset that Nightcrawler died, but it brought a lot of emotional depth to the series. I actually like the alternate Nightcrawler and can't wait to see what happens when he's there when the normal Kurt returns. I can't wait for Jean Grey to come back. I hate that X-man is one of the most powerful mutants on the planeet, but it's never really capitalized on. I like the Storm/ BP marriage, I just don't like how he treats her like a side piece more than a wife. I like Rogue getting control of her powers, hate her losing the Ms. marvel powers, and would prefer to see her with Gambit. I like what they have done with Cable for the most part. When Cable died, I was really excited, because I thought he would be reborn without the legacy virus and that we would finally be able to see him at full power- but he wasn't. I like Colossus's new powers on a strictly temporary basis; if they want to really power him up, they need to give him a secondary mutation. You mentioned Hellion losing his hands, but I think it should be stated how much it sucks when they take limbs from the other xmen too (e.g. Karma); second coming seemed like it was written to raise awareness for amputees. I want Shadowcat (I think I'm the only one that still calls her that) to get back with Piotr. Little side not: they've had a million and one alternate reality Summers/ Grey babies popping up over the years, why not any Storm babies like Torrent; she could offer a lot of pleasant awkwardness between Wolverine, Storm, and Black Panther. Also wouldn't mind seeing Aaliyah Bishop (Bishop and Deathbird's alternate reality daughter). Final, biggest, and most controversial:GIVE THE MUTANTS BACK THEIR POWERS!

1. Professor X really needs to get back in the X-Men universe.   He used to be a huge part of the X-Men and now they rarely show him at all lately. I wish he would become the leader again.
    2. The way they have been treating Jubilee lately is just terrible since first she's been transformed into a vampire and then just thrown out of the X-Men book without a good explanation.  I hope they start using her character a little better since she was a great character in the 90s.
    3.  I like the fact that Colossus has the Cyttorak powers, but I hope they do something interesting with his new powers like have him possibly lose control of his powers and wreck harvoc on the world.  I agree that if Colossus needs to be more powerful, he needs a second mutation (I was probably thinking about having Colossus be able to create shields and weapons out of his steel body, but that can be left up to anyone)
    4. I definitely want Colossus and Kitty to get back together. I wouldn't mind Bobby and Kitty getting together but their relationship is too forced and I really enjoyed Kitty and Colossus being together and I was really upset that they split up, so hopefully in future issues, they will get back together.
    5. I want the mutants to have their powers back because maybe we will get more focus on the other mutants who have been out of the picture for awhile if they got their powers back.
    Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Twentyfive

A lot of Marvel's writing is just terrible. IMO, they should make Storm the leader of the X-Men in the Ultimate Universe (I doubt they'll make her leader again in the main Marvel U). Then I'll have a reason to read any X-Men title outside of X-Force. Marvel is just in love with convoluted, unnecessary storylines.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BatteredArmor

I like how things have played out

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Blood1991

@papad1992 said:

So true.....

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By XxeroOne

@time: I like you! You notice things over a period of time from different point of views! Very good analytical skills! Keep up the good work!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @Rabbitearsblog said:
    @joshuagamer said:

I hate that they made Bishop a villain. I'm ok with them making Cyclops the leader for a little, but they seriously need to make Professor X the leader again now.The same goes for Jubilee, let her have a little fun as a vampire, but change her back eventually. I'm upset that Nightcrawler died, but it brought a lot of emotional depth to the series. I actually like the alternate Nightcrawler and can't wait to see what happens when he's there when the normal Kurt returns. I can't wait for Jean Grey to come back. I hate that X-man is one of the most powerful mutants on the planeet, but it's never really capitalized on. I like the Storm/ BP marriage, I just don't like how he treats her like a side piece more than a wife. I like Rogue getting control of her powers, hate her losing the Ms. marvel powers, and would prefer to see her with Gambit. I like what they have done with Cable for the most part. When Cable died, I was really excited, because I thought he would be reborn without the legacy virus and that we would finally be able to see him at full power- but he wasn't. I like Colossus's new powers on a strictly temporary basis; if they want to really power him up, they need to give him a secondary mutation. You mentioned Hellion losing his hands, but I think it should be stated how much it sucks when they take limbs from the other xmen too (e.g. Karma); second coming seemed like it was written to raise awareness for amputees. I want Shadowcat (I think I'm the only one that still calls her that) to get back with Piotr. Little side not: they've had a million and one alternate reality Summers/ Grey babies popping up over the years, why not any Storm babies like Torrent; she could offer a lot of pleasant awkwardness between Wolverine, Storm, and Black Panther. Also wouldn't mind seeing Aaliyah Bishop (Bishop and Deathbird's alternate reality daughter). Final, biggest, and most controversial:GIVE THE MUTANTS BACK THEIR POWERS!

1. Professor X really needs to get back in the X-Men universe.   He used to be a huge part of the X-Men and now they rarely show him at all lately. I wish he would become the leader again. 2. The way they have been treating Jubilee lately is just terrible since first she's been transformed into a vampire and then just thrown out of the X-Men book without a good explanation.  I hope they start using her character a little better since she was a great character in the 90s. 3.  I like the fact that Colossus has the Cyttorak powers, but I hope they do something interesting with his new powers like have him possibly lose control of his powers and wreck harvoc on the world.  I agree that if Colossus needs to be more powerful, he needs a second mutation (I was probably thinking about having Colossus be able to create shields and weapons out of his steel body, but that can be left up to anyone) 4. I definitely want Colossus and Kitty to get back together. I wouldn't mind Bobby and Kitty getting together but their relationship is too forced and I really enjoyed Kitty and Colossus being together and I was really upset that they split up, so hopefully in future issues, they will get back together. 5. I want the mutants to have their powers back because maybe we will get more focus on the other mutants who have been out of the picture for awhile if they got their powers back.
    No. She DID get a good explanation as to why she's leaving.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.