Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How old are these chracters in marvel continuity?

Avatar image for lightning_omega
    Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lightning Omega

I know that because of the marvel sliding timescale thingy that ages are not precise but chracters must age a little right? How old are the following characters? Angel, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Bishop, Rachel Gray, Nightcrawler, Beast, Proffessor X, Magneto, Madrox, Quicksilver, Storm, Monet, Wolfsbane.
    Post Edited:2008-02-18 06:15:04

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Lightning Omega says:

"I know that because of the marvel sliding timescale thingy that ages are not precise but chracters must age a little right? How old are the following characters? Angel, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Bishop, Rachel Gray, Nightcrawler, Beast, Proffessor X, Magneto, Madrox, Quicksilver, Storm, Monet, Wolfsbane.
    Post Edited:2008-02-18 06:15:04"

Hard to say mostly.

Rachel, Wolfsbane ~20-22

Scott, Emma, Storm, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Beast around 30

Bishop ~40

Xavier ~50

Magneto ~70? He has been deaged a couple of times.

Wolverine ~130 (lol?)
    Post Edited:2008-02-18 06:29:46

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lightning Omega

thanks.

what about cable, cannonball, iceman, multipleman, and rictor?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Lightning Omega says:

"thanks.what about cable, cannonball, iceman, multipleman, and rictor?"

I would estimate Cable ~45, Iceman and Madrox ~24 and Rictor ~20

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator

And Cannonball ~22

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lightning Omega

yep. i would estimate rouge around 24/25, gambit about 27/28, Havok Polaris and Kitty around 28/29.

the old (just previosu) new x-men were all abotu 15 to 18. The old new mutants would by now be in their early twenties (wolfsbane and cannonball) and Generation X would be around the same age mayeb two or so years younger.

What would you say?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Lightning Omega says:

"yep. i would estimate rouge around 24/25, gambit about 27/28, Havok Polaris and Kitty around 28/29.the old (just previosu) new x-men were all abotu 15 to 18. The old new mutants would by now be in their early twenties (wolfsbane and cannonball) and Generation X would be around the same age mayeb two or so years younger.What would you say?"

Seems right, except Kitty is more like ~21. I think they said in the old NM that Cannonball was older than her.

And some of the New X-Men was confirmed to be 14, Anole, Pixie, maybe someone else, and Indra only 13.

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lightning Omega

anole is 16 and pixie is 15.

how old would collosus be then?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Darkchild

i would say Angel is closer to 30 than any age and bobby should be a good deal younger than the rest since he was the youngest.

and i dont believe Magneto is that much older than Prof. Because when he was deaged he didnt age all the way by his own back up to adulthood. it was forced to my knowledge

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I'm just estimating. The sliding timescale is problematic for Magneto, since they cant really move his emprisonment in Auschwitz to another war altogether as they did with several others. Anyway he was around 15 (?) when he was in Auschwitz, which was in 1940, and that hasn't been retonned yeat afaik.

And remember, Xavier was bald before 20. He is younger than he looks. Juggy is older than him.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Darkchild

fesak says:

"I'm just estimating. The sliding timescale is problematic for Magneto, since they cant really move his emprisonment in Auschwitz to another war altogether as they did with several others. Anyway he was around 15 (?) when he was in Auschwitz, which was in 1940, and that hasn't been retonned yeat afaik.And remember, Xavier was bald before 20. He is younger than he looks. Juggy is older than him."

yeah good point didnt put that into account. with Mags

I agree with you in that sense but i dont think Erik is 10 years older but either way continuem does tend to much up the whole timescale so either one of us could be right.

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lightning Omega

whats do you guys think about thunderbird and banshee? and warpath?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Lightning Omega says:

"whats do you guys think about thunderbird and banshee? and warpath?"

Banshee is probably closer to 40 since Siryn is around 20. Warpath 25? Thunderbird a couple of years older.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fesak  Moderator

fesak says:

"And some of the New X-Men was confirmed to be 14, Anole, Pixie, maybe someone else, and Indra only 13."

Oh, and the Cuckoos are 2.

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lightning Omega

as said by hellion the hellions are "old enough":P:P.

but they are artificially 15.

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lightning Omega

i would agree with your age estimates for those chracters but i would estimate magneto 60ish

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Lightning Omega says:

"as said by hellion the hellions are "old enough":P:P.but they are artificially 15."

They have been alive for an estimated 2 years.

Lightning Omega says:

"i would agree with your age estimates for those chracters but i would estimate magneto 60ish"

The same goes here, but opposite. He has been alive for more than that, but has been deaged.

I searched online and found that his birthyear was stated to be 1928 in Magneto #0. I don't have the comic, so i can't confirm it, but someone else maybe can?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Lightning Omega says:

"true but its liek multiple man being stated as his borth date 7th September 1953 in his first appearance 9uncanny 12-soemthing. Thats aboviously not valid anymore and being born 1928 would make magneto what 80 now?"

Therein lies the problem with the sliding timescale. Most people's birthdates get moved, but Magneto's really can't because of the Auschwitz thing. Therefore (i suspect) they de-age him instead.

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lightning Omega

true but its liek multiple man being stated as his borth date 7th September 1953 in his first appearance 9uncanny 12-soemthing. Thats aboviously not valid anymore and being born 1928 would make magneto what 80 now?

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lightning Omega

that woudl make magento in his early 30s when the x-men started?

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lightning Omega

yep.

i mean it was during chuck autin's porr run on uncanny during the "draco" arc that night crawler was said to be 19 when he has been in the universe for over 30!!!

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Pania

If I remember correctly, shortly before Scott and Jean married, Jean mentioned that Beast was just coming up on his 30's birthday. Probably all the original X-Men have crossed over into 30, except perhaps Bobby. Emma Frost stated her age as 27 during Morrison's run.

Nightcrawler can't be 19 because that is how old (19/20) he was when he joined the X-Men. He's probably in his mid twenties by this point. Colossus was 17/18 when he joined, probably making him in mis mid-twenties as well. When he had the smack down with Juggernaut in that Bar in Uncanny #183, he said he was 20. Storm was in her early twenties when she joined, so she is now approaching 30. Wolverine of course is over 100 years old.

All the original New Mutant's ages were given when they joined: Cannonball and Karma were 18. Dani was 16. Roberto was 14. Rahne was 13.

Jamie has been around for quite a while. He first appeared in (real world date) 1975 in Giant Size FF#4. He was at least in his late teens by that point. He's probably approaching 30 himself.

Magneto does kill Marvel's "sliding timescale" even with his de-aging, because he fixes that Marvel Universe to a single point in Real time. Capt' America does the same thing. Marvel can't adjust and say that Capt. America history to say he fought in the Korean War instead of WWII, and they can't take Magneto out of the Holocaust because that would destroy the character. So Marvel can "slide time" all they want. They're stuck.

Chronologically Magneto is in his late 70's early 80's. He entered Auschwitz as a young teen in 1939/1940 (witness say that he had been in the camp "from the beginning") and emerged in his late teens/near adulthood. This means he was born sometime in the mid to late 1920's. When he was around his mid 50's, that is when the Alpha the Ultimate Mutant reduced him to infancy, and then later Eric the Red re-aged Magneto to "the prime of his life". At the time of the Trial of Magneto (Uncanny #200), it was medically and legally established that Magneto "was biologically a man in his early 30's". Given that the original team of X-Men have just crossed over into their 30's, Magneto is probably physically in his late 30's/early 40's physically.

As an example of how Magneto nails the M.U. down in time: Originally, Xavier served in the Korean War in his late teen/early twenties (He graduated from Harvard at age 16, so he was deep into Graduate school by 20 which is when he was drafted) and then went to Haifa, Israel in the late 1950's to work in a mental hospital which is where he met Magneto, meaning chronologically Charles is probably about 10 year's younger than Magnus.

But Marvel has tried to change Xavier's war time service to Vietnam. Which means he would have had to have gone to Israel in the mid to late 1970s', but Magneto wasn't in Israel in the late 1970s, because he when he was in Israel he obviously was not 50-odd years old.

Magneto (and Cap) really screw Marvel's sliding time scale up.

So anyway, Xavier is probably late 60's/early 70's chronologically. However, when he was taken over by the Brood Queen, Lilandra popped his mind into a nice shiny cloned body that was in it's twenties. So Charles to probably appears in his late 30's.

Post Edited:2008-02-18 10:31:14

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pania

Another way Magneto screwed up the sliding timescale was Wanda and Peitro, who had to have been born in the early to mid 1950's. Magneto escaped with Magda in 1945, they later married and had a daughter, Anya. Anya was between the ages of 4 and 7 when she died. That was when Magda fled, not telling Magneto she was pregnant with the twins. Magneto wandered Eastern Europe for a couple years looking for her before he gave up and moved to Israel.

So...I doubt Magda was up for bearing children immediately after Auschwitz. So that would make Anya's birthdate in late 1940's. And 4-7 years onto that: early to mid 1950's is when the twins would have been born.

The problem is that would make the twins 50 year olds at this point, so Marvel stated that the infant twins had been placed in suspended animation by the High Evolutionary until the Maximoff's showed up. Which would have been about twenty years later since they obviously are not physically older than their early 30's at the most.

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lightning Omega

Ok so Cyclops, Angel, Jean, Beast, and the Maximorf Twins would all be late twenties to early thirties?

Madrox, Iceman, Emma Frost, Havok, Polaris, Gambit, Rouge, Collosus, and Night Crawler are all in mid-late twenties?

Shadowcat is like 22/23 and I woudl put her equal with Rachel Gray.

Cast from origional New Mutants are early-Late Twenties being a few years older than those from Generation X?

Previous new x-men would be what.... teenagers (most of them being roughly 14 to 17).

Wolverine must be way over 100, as must Sabertooth (he would be).

Xavier in his 50s with Magneto being older by abotu 5-10 years without all the de-aging.

Few More Characters to discuss:

• Northstar and Aurora.

• Sunfire.

• Banshee.

• Cable.

• Bishop.

• Darwin, Vulcan, Petra and Sway ( i wud guess all around 18-20)

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lightning Omega

To be precise i would say the following ages:

• Beast 32

• Cyclops and Jean 30

• Angel 30

• Havok 28

• Polaris 28

• Iceman 27/28

• Rogue 25/26

• Collosus 27

• Night Crawler 27

• Kitty 23

• Cannonball 24.

• Professor X 50.

• Rachel Gray 22.

• Monet 22.

• Wolfsbane 23

• Siryn 22.

• Madrox 26-28.

• Rictor 24.

Anyone disagree?

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pania

Lightning Omega says:

"Ok so Cyclops, Angel, Jean, Beast, and the Maximorf Twins would all be late twenties to early thirties?

They're all in their early thirties except maybe Bobby.

Madrox, Iceman, Emma Frost, Havok, Polaris, Gambit, Rouge, Collosus, and Night Crawler are all in mid-late twenties?

Yes.

Shadowcat is like 22/23 and I would put her equal with Rachel Gray.

Yes.

Cast from origional New Mutants are early-Late Twenties being a few years older than those from Generation X?

No, the New Mutants would be in their early to mid twenties, Wolfsbane would still be in her late teens. Most of Generation X would still be in their late teens, except Chamber, who was 17/18 at the time he joined Gen X.

Previous new x-men would be what.... teenagers (most of them being roughly 14 to 17).

Yes.

Wolverine must be way over 100, as must Sabertooth (he would be).

Yeah.

Xavier in his 50s with Magneto being older by about 5-10 years without all the de-aging.

No. Because the age Magneto was when he entered in Auschwitz in 1939/1940 (a young teen as shown in New Mutants #49), and the age he was when he escaped as the Nazis were liquidating the camp in the face of the Russian advance in 1945 (as shown in Classic X-men #12), he would be in his late 70's/early 80's. Xavier would be in his late 60's.

Few More Characters to discuss:- Northstar and Aurora.

Jean Paul had already retired from his career as an Olympic Skier when he joined Department H, so he would have had to have been in his early-mid twenties. So the Beaubier twins are probably in their late twenties-early thirties.

- Sunfire.

No idea. I got the impression that he was in his early twenties in Giant Size X-Men #1

- Banshee.

Other than Wolverine, Banshee was the oldest X-Man when he came into the team. He had been a Cop, and Interpol Agent, a criminal, and had a daughter who was a teenager by the time he met up with her in Uncanny #148, so he was probably already in his mid-thirties while he was an X-Men (and he did complain a few times bout getting "too old for this") and in his early to mid 40's while he was teaching Generation X.

- Cable.- Bishop.

Oh, gawd only knows with time travelers.

- Darwin, Vulcan, Petra and Sway ( i wud guess all around 18-20)"

Biologically yes. Chronologically, they're in their in their mid to late twenties since it has been at least five years since Giant Size X-Men #1 and today.

Post Edited:2008-02-18 12:55:30

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lightning Omega

Surely Monet and Siryn (both memebers of Generation X if I am correct) would be at leat 20 possibly even mid twenties by now.

I would also assume that Madrox is therefore about 26 putting them both at around 22. Was Wolfsbane younger than the rest of the New Mutants? If so I would be inclined to agree seeing as the love thing with Elixir (16/17).

I have no idea y but i would put Storm as mid-thirties and I agree with you about Banshee. Bishop has always struck me as about 35- 40 ish and cable must be approaching his 50s.

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lightning Omega

I woudl say that there has been at least 10 years since Giant Sized X-men# 1 in continuity, which would make sense as each chracter has aged approximately that much.

For example during the Second Genesis events Scott must have been around 20 and Bobby around 18. They are now, as we have already agreed, around 30 and 28 respectively. this also allows for other mutants, such as Cannonball, to have aged; he must have aged by about 6-8 years since his introduction as teenager in the 1980s.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pania

Lightning Omega says:

"Surely Monet and Siryn (both memebers of Generation X if I am correct) would be at leat 20 possibly even mid twenties by now.

Siryn was never a member of Generation X or the New Mutants. Her first appearance was back in 1981. She is actually probably five or six years older than Monet is. Monet is probably 18 or 19 (she's always been that self contained and mature seeming).

I would also assume that Madrox is therefore about 26 putting them both at around 22. Was Wolfsbane younger than the rest of the New Mutants? If so I would be inclined to agree seeing as the love thing with Elixir (16/17).

Again, Jamie appeared as a young man in at least his late teens back in 1975. He's probably pushing 30 by now.

I have no idea y but i would put Storm as mid-thirties and I agree with you about Banshee. Bishop has always struck me as about 35- 40 ish and cable must be approaching his 50s."

I would agree with those.

Post Edited:2008-02-18 17:35:27

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lightning Omega

Again, I understand what you are saying about Monet being mature but, Madrox just doesn't seem like the sort of guy to be approaching his thirties; I would put him at late twenties at most, same as Havok and Polaris.

How old is Strong Guy?

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pania

Lightning Omega says:

"Again, I understand what you are saying about Monet being mature but, Madrox just doesn't seem like the sort of guy to be approaching his thirties; I would put him at late twenties at most, same as Havok and Polaris.How old is Strong Guy?"

He doesn't seem like it, but he would have to be in his late twenties, as Alex must be as well since he is only a couple years younger than Cyclops at the most.

I don't know how old Guido is. He's been around for a long time.

Lightning Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lightning Omega

I suppose would put my misassumption of Madrox's age due to his somewhat immature mannerisms. And I belive that Havoc is soemthing like 2 years younger than Cyclops. If Cyclops is 30-32 then Havok must be 28-30.

I would still put madrox within the age range of 27-29. His first introduction was in FF 1975; the same year as the Second Genesis event. We have stated that there has been at least 5 possibly 10 years since Second Genesis. Madrox was in his late teens when he stared in FF so he must be 5-10 years older now, putting him @ 27-29. He's definately not over 30.

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By The Enigma

Madrox is liek 28.

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LexiCat

In the Marvel Universe Continuity, Kitty Pryde is no older than 25. It was stated, during Pryde and Wisdom, that Pete Wisdom was roughly 10 years her senior. It was alluded he was right at 30. Which would make her 20-21 at the most. She may have been with the X-Men and in the X-Universe for a long, long time but you have to remember she was only 13 when she came to the School. Piotr (Colossus) was in fact 18, which was why he never really noticed her as girlfriend potential. She was no older than his sister Iliyanna.

Arioch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By Arioch

I think that in the mid-90s Cyclops said he was 25 (it's in the issue where he tried to see whether (I think) Jean's little nephew and niece has mutant powers.

Kitty Pryde was 13 when she joined the X-Men.

It makes you wonder whether our childrens children will finally be able to see the current characters grow up. Maybe they will see Hellion, Dust etc teaching younger students.

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The Enigma

To be precise i would say the following ages atm are liek Lightning Omega: - Bishop 35. - Storm 35. - Beast 32 - Cyclops and Jean 30 -Sage and Angel 30 - Havok 28 - Polaris 28 - Gambit 28 - Iceman 27/28 - Rogue 25/26 - Collosus 27 - Night Crawler 27 - Psylocke 26 - Kitty 23 - Cannonball 24. - Professor X 50. - Rachel Gray 22. - Monet 22. - Wolfsbane 23 - Siryn 24. - Madrox 25-28. - Rictor 24. - Hellion 17. - Elixir 17. - Mercury 16. Anyone disagree?
    Post Edited:2008-02-28 15:29:48
    Post Edited:2008-02-28 15:30:21

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Titan3510

Okay.

Generally, the original X-Men including Storm excluding Iceman should be in their early 30s, Emma Frost a tad bit older. Wolverine, Mystique and Destiny are very old, Wolverine and Mystique not a day younger than 190 and Destiny, who was associated with Mystique when she first started out, has to be pretty old too, around 90 when she died. Professor X, Magneto and Juggernaut are special cases. All lived during the Holocaust and Xavier and Juggernaut serving in the Korean War. They should be easily in their 60s or early 70s. Though Magneto has been de-aged several times, Xavier getting a new body and put into a Shi'ar Incubator at least two times and the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak's effect on Juggernaut, they may be physically younger than that.

Kitty and the New Mutants are in their early to mid 20s (Kitty being no older than 23) and Colossus, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Sunfire, Rogue, Psylocke and Gambit and everybody else has to be in their mid to late 20s. As for the Gen Xers, two of them are dead though but M is the oldest and around 20 the others being 19 or 20. Siryn is about as old as M and Rahne is always a bit young and was 19 when on New X-Men: Academy X. Madrox's age might be slowed because of his power but should be in his late 210s or early 30s. As for the New X-Men, from 13 to 18, Indra being the youngest, Prodigy being the oldest.

Sage was a teen when she met Xavier who was pretty young at the time must be in her early to mid 30s and Vought a little older because Xavier's a horndog like that.

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The Enigma

Elemental says:

"Okay. Generally, the original X-Men including Storm excluding Iceman should be in their early 30s, Emma Frost a tad bit older. Wolverine, Mystique and Destiny are very old, Wolverine and Mystique not a day younger than 190 and Destiny, who was associated with Mystique when she first started out, has to be pretty old too, around 90 when she died. Professor X, Magneto and Juggernaut are special cases. All lived during the Holocaust and Xavier and Juggernaut serving in the Korean War. They should be easily in their 60s or early 70s. Though Magneto has been de-aged several times, Xavier getting a new body and put into a Shi'ar Incubator at least two times and the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak's effect on Juggernaut, they may be physically younger than that. Kitty and the New Mutants are in their early to mid 20s (Kitty being no older than 23) and Colossus, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Sunfire, Rogue, Psylocke and Gambit and everybody else has to be in their mid to late 20s. As for the Gen Xers, two of them are dead though but M is the oldest and around 20 the others being 19 or 20. Siryn is about as old as M and Rahne is always a bit young and was 19 when on New X-Men: Academy X. Madrox's age might be slowed because of his power but should be in his late 210s or early 30s. As for the New X-Men, from 13 to 18, Indra being the youngest, Prodigy being the oldest. Sage was a teen when she met Xavier who was pretty young at the time must be in her early to mid 30s and Vought a little older because Xavier's a horndog like that."

i agree with that but I would place madrox in mid to late 20s as agreed above.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pania

Actually, Magneto has only been de-aged once. Given that he entered Auschwitz between the ages of 11 to 13, chronologically he is probably turning 80 or in his early 80's.

Why do I have to keep typing this over and over?

Post Edited:2008-03-04 18:16:28

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ChrisAngel

You know iimn my opinion, it'd be really difficult to peg down just how old any of out favorite characters are, given the many changes in continuity, rectons and the like.so many monkeywrenches have heen thrown into the mix it's almost silly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.