Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How is Uncanny Xforce?

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Im interested in reading

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

new one or the one a couple years ago?

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

i recommend it

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cable should sue

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Uncanny X-Force Vol.2 (2013-) is utter crap.

Uncanny X-Force Vol.1 (2010-2012) is great. Ranks amongst my top 5 X-related series since 2000.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By IrishX

The X-Force series from 2008 is excellent with outstanding writing and art. It set the bar pretty high. I have enjoyed all the X-Force series that have followed since that one as well though.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

The X-Force series from 2008 is excellent with outstanding writing and art. It set the bar pretty high. I have enjoyed all the X-Force series that have followed since that one as well though.

It had its highlights but X-Necrosha was a bit of a disappointment.

Still, it's a lot better than the current Uncanny X-Force.

Godric_Talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh I need to know! I really didn't like Cable's X-Force (go ahead and hate me) but I thought the later ones with X-23 and the ones after that (Deadpool/Fantomex) were amazing. How is the X-force with storm?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vol. 1 is probably my favorite comic run ever.

Vol. 2 is so bad I dropped it after three issues and will probably never read another Humphries book.

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Uncanny X-Force Vol.1 (2010-2012) is great. Ranks amongst my top 5 X-related series since 2000.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I concur.

Zijuun.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The uncanny xforce in marvel now is terrible. Its waste of a book

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bigtewell

well everyone seems to agree vol 1 is great vol 2 is bad. vol 1 had action good story and art vol 2 is basically a love story of fantomex and psylocke

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha.... I like vol. 2, but that just me....

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@judasnixon said:

no it's not. I like it too.

the current arc is pretty much just about Psylocke, but I'm digging it. I like the art a lot.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@judasnixon said:

the current arc is pretty much just about Psylocke, but I'm digging it. I like the art a lot.

So there's hope for me yet. I want to get the trade and I really don't want it to suck. Remender made me a fairly big fan of Fantomex and Psylocke. I was already a fan of the rest.

( + )

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

@judasnixon said:

So there's hope for me yet. I want to get the trade and I really don't want it to suck. Remender made me a fairly big fan of Fantomex and Psylocke. I was already a fan of the rest.

( + )

It's really not worth the $20 that Marvel will charge for it. I would really, really advise against it. Humphries' take on Fantomex is awful. AWFUL.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

@john_valentine said:

@yung_ancient_one said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@judasnixon said:

( + )

It's really not worth the $20 that Marvel will charge for it. I would really, really advise against it. Humphries' take on Fantomex is awful. AWFUL.

So was Remender's though.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:

oh, snap!

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HAWK2916

Nothing happens in this book. The whole idea of Fantomex' 3 brains split into people and all is really really stupid and then when you have Storm and Spiral and Bishop you choose to focus on Psylocke and Fantomex. Unbelievable

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John Valentine

@john_valentine said:

@yung_ancient_one said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@judasnixon said:

( + )

Not as bad as Humphries'. What exactly was wrong with Remender's Fantomex? It was faithful to Morrison's.

And if we're going to be like this:

Morrison > Remender >..........> Fraction/Humphries.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@john_valentine said:

@yung_ancient_one said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@judasnixon said:

( + )

Not as bad as Humphries'. What exactly was wrong with Remender's Fantomex? It was faithful to Morrison's.

Well I liked Remender's Fantomex. Plus, I only buy the trades if I can get for $13 or less. Either way time will tell if I ever do buy the trade and how I personally feel about it. ( + )

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

@spideysense44: I really want to like this, but I'm having difficulty doing so. The Demon Bear from New Mutants is in many issues. Ginny could be an interesting character. I dunno?

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By knighthood

@spideysense44: I really want to like this, but I'm having difficulty doing so. The Demon Bear from New Mutants is in many issues. Ginny could be an interesting character. I dunno?

Correction, and yes I'm quoting myself, I just finished Uncanny X-Force 6 through 9 and I loved those issues. I'm still not certain how Demon Bear is fitting in but I'm going to continue with this book a bit.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@john_valentine said:

@yung_ancient_one said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@judasnixon said:

( + )

Well I liked Remender's Fantomex. Plus, I only buy the trades if I can get for $13 or less. Either way time will tell if I ever do buy the trade and how I personally feel about it. ( + )

I should add that I don't dislike Humphries (He seems like a nice guy and he's pretty funny in interviews!), just not a fan of his Fantomex and I don't think Uncanny X-Force Vol.2 is the book for me.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

The title is ok, issue 5 & 6 were good. Now that Psylocke left Fantomex in paris. It might get better. I think the next issues focuses on Bishop.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

Vol. 1 is probably my favorite comic run ever.

Vol. 2 is so bad I dropped it after three issues and will probably never read another Humphries book.

My exact reaction to this title. Even though the first story arc ends after four issues.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vol. 2 hasn't been good - this coming from someone who was really looking forward to it.

The art in the first arc was amazing and I loved the overall "Mutant Ninja Noir" feel they were going for - I was definitely starting to get it. Then we hit art change. With that, the entire book has been bad. I feel like Humphries and the editors are trying to be too artistic. UXF is about a mutant hit squad doing the things that other teams can't/shouldn't/won't do and how they deal with looking at themselves in the mirror in the process.

Did we need closure on Psylocke and Fantomex? Some say yes - I say no. UXF Vol. 1 ended with them together. There's no reason Vol. 2 couldn't have started with that status quo intact. Instead we get this dreamy Parisian arc that kills the entire momentum of the book. All the energy the first arc generated with it's art, action and dialogue slowly slipped in the second arc and was completely drained by the end of the third.

The UXF I signed up for ended after issue 3 or 4. Sad to say because I minus Storm I love the cast, but if this next arc doesn't pick up the business, I'm dropping it

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg: You should write some reviews. I enjoyed your posted opinion and it helped me with the series.

( + )

Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's frustrating because it's 10 issues in and we're still essentially on the first arc. The Psylocke/Phantomex story was unnecessary - it had nothing to do with the rest of the team and this is a team book. It's too early to have solo-based stories, not when the team isn't even officially together and they haven't completed their first mission.

That being said, I'm sticking with it because I like the team (aside from Puck, Humphries isnt writing him well IMHO) and want to see how they gel together. I'm curious about how Ginny saved Spiral's life.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cochise said:

It's frustrating because it's 10 issues in and we're still essentially on the first arc. The Psylocke/Phantomex story was unnecessary - it had nothing to do with the rest of the team and this is a team book. It's too early to have solo-based stories, not when the team isn't even officially together and they haven't completed their first mission.

That being said, I'm sticking with it because I like the team (aside from Puck, Humphries isnt writing him well IMHO) and want to see how they gel together. I'm curious about how Ginny saved Spiral's life.

Actually, the Psylocke/Phantomex story was the only thing I enjoyed. I'm seriously losing interest.

@judasnixon said:

Did you fellas like the latest issue?

Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, the Psylocke/Phantomex story was the only thing I enjoyed. I'm seriously losing interest.

I did like the story on its own merits, but felt it didn't belong in a team book. Or at least, not a team book just getting off the ground, and definitely not before the team finishes their first mission/decides to stick together /etc.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Did you fellas like the latest issue?

issue 10? I liked it alright.

I think this book is having some growing pains finding it's voice/direction as a team book. Obviously it's meant to be centered around Psylocke, so it teeters between being her book and being her team, but the balance isn't quite there yet and I do think that has as much to do with how the events of the story have been ordered.

I did like issue ten, but not as much as the issues leading up to it. The Cluster/Fantomex arc was interesting and pretty decent, but then after all that, this issue comes back to, oh right, none of this other stuff has been resolved yet, either. So now we're starting to be exposed to what it is about these characters that they might have in common to unify them as a team, okay; Bishop's finally coming to the forefront of the story, cool; wait, what happened to Spiral again?

It's a bit sloppy, and this issue does have me on the fence a bit; but I have enjoyed this series overall, and each issue has been fun and intriguing enough to kept me wanting to see more, so I'm gonna give it a couple more issues before I decide one way or the other.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.