Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How do you feel about the X-MEN having non-mutant member?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, the majority of X-MEN have been mutants, but there have been a few non-mutants on the team, Hepzibah and Deadpool being examples. And there's been debate on whether or not Longshot is actually a mutant or not. Anyways, what do you think of the X-MEN having non-mutants as members?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

In some instances maybe. For instance @EC277 had a great idea for Julia Carpenter (Arachne) to join up. It might be interesting to examine the impact of a non-mutant especially a mother or father, taking up the fight in behalf of their kid or a other relative. Sue Storm would also be great this role. In fact I would live to her confirmed as a mutant, but that's another story. I think with Havok and Wasp's relationship in Uncanny Avengers, she would easily have a place amongst the xmen, especially if they ever decide to go in search of Katie.

But part of me says that there are enough xmen characters out there and really we should use them instead of non-mutants.

So either way... I guess if theres a great story and reason for it then it may be ok

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

In some instances maybe. For instance @EC277 had a great idea for Julia Carpenter (Arachne) to join up. It might be interesting to examine the impact of a non-mutant especially a mother or father, taking up the fight in behalf of their kid or a other relative. Sue Storm would also be great this role. In fact I would live to her confirmed as a mutant, but that's another story. I think with Havok and Wasp's relationship in Uncanny Avengers, she would easily have a place amongst the xmen, especially if they ever decide to go in search of Katie.

But part of me says that there are enough xmen characters out there and really we should use them instead of non-mutants.

So either way... I guess if theres a great story and reason for it then it may be ok

I agree, So many X-men that need some time in the spot light. Though you saying the Sue Storm thing makes me think that would would be awesome, Also Arachne or Kaine. Wonder what ever happen to those 2, Since in spiderverse they stayed on earth 1.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpesmerga10: I've been trying to figure out a way to get more Sue (invisible woman) in my life. But the credit on that idea goes to @Mcklayn. His idea opened my eyes. I do wonder if Fantastic Four fans would be OK with this though? I doubt it

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 SC  Moderator

I prefer it, Karima Shapandar, Moira Mactaggert, Warlock, Hepzibah, Juggernaut, Stevie Hunter, Captain Britain, X-Men (the book, not the team) have a lot of non mutant characters that played important roles. A large part of Xavier's dream and philosophy revolves around integration with humans, not segregation or superiority or inferiority. So I think its important when the X-Men (the team not the book) has strong human and non mutant characters working around, with and against them. Unfortunately (and I haven't read X-Men for a few years, so things might be different) the last few years direction of X-Men, overall seem to overlook that dynamic.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

All good in the hood

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Well the Fantastic 4 are being split up after Secret wars we still don't know where reed or sue will be. Johnny with inhumans and Thing with the guardians

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpesmerga10: Sounds like an opportunity for Sue. But for the record I really hate what they are doing with FF.

I think @SC has it right though about the interaction. Where the hell is Stevie Hunter anyway?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have been taking in non mutants since the 1960s...it's fine.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

carol denvers joined the x-men and eventually the starjammers

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It always pissed me off they didn't accept Cloak and Dagger into the fold. Total _ssholes.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you were down with the cause then the X-men dont care. heck, cyclops tried to recruit carol into his rebel team after AvX because he knows she believes in the X-men more than most people

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@darkpesmerga10: Where the hell is Stevie Hunter anyway?

She's been in limbo for too long. Although maybe that's a good thing. I'd hate to have had some hack writers turn her into a pariah over time.

ILOVEMARVEL23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ILOVEMARVEL23

I've always loved it.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@hawk2916: I posted a thread on it on the FF boards, only one replay but it was negative lol but one voice doesnt speak for an entire fanbase so idk

as for as this question, i prefer if its all just mutants but only because there are sooo many mutants that could be used and deserve the time, at the same time having a character that is associated with the cause around for a few issues or a story arch isnt a terrible thing

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: wasnt that editorial? They keep on retconning Cloak and Dagger so who knows are they mutants or not?

@mcklayn: yea I agree. And I saw that on the FF boards. Seems like everyone there is talking about the movie though.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hawk2916: You're probably right. Still angered me though, considering they were still kids and were homeless and needed help with their unique powers. A bad decision, all around.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HAWK2916

@ms-lola: Yea. I'm with you on that for sure

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
    Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm alright with it as long as they're at least a mutated human, like Deadpool or even Spiderman.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

It might help with their public image to have stable non-mutant members on their teams. Like, part of their current problems stems from them secluding themselves and giving off this 'mutants only' vibe. (Thinking the X-Men's stance on the Scarlet Witch matter when Xavier brought them and the Avengers together to discuss her unravelling sanity).

It wouldn't be a bad idea if they opened up to generally take in kids with superpowers and not just the ones that happen to owe those powers to mutations. Would it?

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If the character has history with the X-men I am OK with it .

Tommy_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends on what character it is and how it's handled. Some character with history with the X-Men like Carol Danvers could be good. Besides that X-Men are supposed to work for the peaceful coexistence so having a team of mutants and non-mutants is pretty logical if you ask me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
    deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

The X-Men started as an analogy for civil rights; what message does it send if they become exclusionary on the basis of genetic heritage? Wouldn't that be a slap in the face to Xavier's MLK-esque dream and acknowledgement of Magneto's initial counter-rhetoric? ~shrugs~ Besides, Marvel will retcon mutants out of existence and claim that they are all Inhumans or Eternals or blah blah blah middle finger to Fox.

Really, who cares? Marvel? Only for your dollars.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.