Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How Did You Start Reading Comics?

• 158 results
    moonknight4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By moonknight4000

I got into superheros at a young age but didnt get into comics intil about 3 years ago. My older brother was moving out and had all his belongings in boxes. Anyway he forgot a box, so i figured i search it. Most of it was junk but at the bottom was a card of the Marvel Superhero Moon Knight, I thought he looked cool so i got my mom to take me to the comic book store. I took the card to the guy that worked there and said "Do you have any comics about this guy" and he showed me a big selection of moon knight comics dating back to the 80's. I bought about 4 of them and been hooked to Moon Knight comics ever since. I have made it my goal to collect every Moon Knight comic ever made, Im only missing about 10 of them and they are all from the serries that came out in 06.

lonefang6x6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By lonefang6x6

mom was a fan of comics.. she gave me a few to start with and i started collecting on my own at eight

Avatar image for bombchellerocks
    bombchellerocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By bombchellerocks

Well of course I grew up watching those old animated series, but since my mom and dad loved taking me and my sister to Border's all the time, (they thought it would help us gain interest in reading) I always found myself at the comics section. I loved Batman and he was my idol at that time, but I also loved reading other comics. My dad supported it, my mom of course wished I read other things.

roxamilli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#154  Edited By roxamilli

I think it was a mix of watching Batman: the animated series, Superman, Justice League, Static Shock, and Teen Titans that got me interested in comics, but seeing The Dark Knight was what made me actually buy comics. I'm kind of recent, it;s only been about two years since i started reading  Batman and Nightwing (my favorite!) in 8th grade, but hey; my local comic book store is only 5 minutes awy so I have plenty of years to catch up!

therealconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By therealconsole

My Pops actually got me into comics bought me Panic in the sky storyline. Ever since I been hooked. 

tcelano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By tcelano

When my mother showed me my brother's comic books when I was 5 years old.

logansgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By logansgirl

My Na Na was a housekeeper for a rich family and when their son went of to college he gave me a big box of comics. X men was my fave and still is. I was about 6 then, now I'm 34 :)

HeartBreakKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By HeartBreakKid

I was a fan of the movies and the animated shows when I was young, and when I was 13, I was with my grandparents at the mall. We were walking around and passed by a comic store. I  had this crazy idea of buying a comic book (crazy since I had no comics before this). So I walked in and browsed through the comics, and I saw Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #23, and it was during the Back in Black story arc. Bought it with my savings, and since then I visited the comics store once or twice a month, and still do. :) 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.