Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How Did You Start Reading Comics?

• 158 results
    Riezner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By Riezner

I read X-Men a little bit and watched the Animated Series a lot. But I think the comic book series that really got me into buying comics was X, it was gorey as hell (by my young standards) and my friend and I loved them.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By goldenkey

For me it started with Spider-man cartoons.  Here in Chicago where Fox was just called Channel 32.  Every afternoon starting roughly 2p.m. Spideys cartoon came on.  It could have been the original one which was some what violent.  Spider-man fought gangster instead of his typical rogues but then came along another spider.  A 2nd spider-man cartoon and that had the most popular cartoon song next to the Flintstones and Banana Splits.  Saturday followed with another Spider-man/Hulk hour.  Or was it Spiderman and his amazing friends/hulk hour.  Fighting foes like Arcade Man.  A 2D villian that travelled thru electrical outlets.  I don't remember.  It was there that I was introduced to the X-men.  I found out Nightcrawler smelled like brimstone when he teleported (I had no idead what brimstone even was.  Wolverine had an Australian accent and asked Spider-man if he wanted a piece of fruit, and they fought the Juggernaught (Prof X brother).  I rememer watching the Electric Company to see if I could catch a glimse of Spider-man.  Sat also had the Justice Friends fightig th Legion of Doom, which was a great way to be introduced to a lot of characters.  One episode with the Scarcrow showed me that Batmans parents were killed in crime Alley.  Mr Mxyzptlk was pronounced mitz-il-plik.  Even that bad seventy Spiderman tv show was on, and was so bad kids didn't like it.  Only the clone episode was good.  But one day I walked into a shop and it was like crack.  I picked up Days of the Future Past and was forever sold.  After that I picked up Killing Joke and then the Dark Phoenix Saga.  3 huge classics whithen my first 6 books.  How was I not gonna be hooked.  McFarlane and Michelne were still on Amazing Spiderman, Jim Lee was with Claremont on Uncanny.   Within 2 years X-men got another title, Eric Larson took over Amazing SM and Todd got his own Spiderman,  Portacio went from X-factor to Uncanny and gave Iceman rings around his wrists, and a new team was formed for Xfactor.  Magneto (after a good amount of years as a good guy for the first time, leading the New Mutants) was manipulated into going the evil route again because of Cortez.  He was the misunderstood villian this time.  I can keep going, but why
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By goldenkey
    @LazarusFL said:
    "I was a very casual comic guy until 6th grade.  That's when I met another kid who was VERY into comics and would spend free time drawing his own.  I thought that was pretty cool and we started talking comics and drawing our own (someone had "Red Ray" and someone had "Blue Beam").  That kid always knew he wanted to have a career in the comic world and to heck with the people who said "yeah, sure".  By the way, that classmate of mine from Tecumseh Elementary (NY) was Tom Brevoort.  To this day I still enjoy comics - and my son is a huge comic fan and my daughter is deep into the Anime scene.  Tom infected my whole family :) "

wow, someone on here older then me.
    Bludgeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Bludgeon

Hi yall. First post and glad this site exists for us comic fans. Started reading Plop from DC in 1974 and went onto Marvel in 1979 when I found out Star Wars had a comic. I dont know why I started on Plop but it reminded me so much of Mad Magazine which I read a couple years by then. I dont remember much about the 5 years between Plop and Marvel but I guess thats a good thing. I could describe about how many times Ive restarted since then but I wont make you bear my illogical course in my comic reading history. 

Blud
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By goldenkey
    @AmazingSpiderMike said:
    "I really don't know what got me into comics. I guess I was just a lonely kid that just wanted to escape from reality and comic books was my outlet. I think my first book was Amazing Spider-Man (go figure) issue 333 with Venom, Mr. Styx and Mr. Stone an automatically fell in love. "

I got you beat by 4 months officially.  I picked up a couple small trades first.  Day of Future Past, Dark Phoenix Saga, Killing Joke,  but I started getting Amazing Spiderman on Todd Mcfarlanes last issue where Spiderman had Captain Universes powers,  3 Eric Larson issues later and that Spiderman/Styx and Stone story started.  It last 2 issues but Eric Larson turned Venom from a black swelled up Spider-man with a joker like grin to a big slobbery monster.  Wish he was still just an evil Spiderman.  What year was that 89?
    Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
    GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

Well, like many others, I watched a lot of the cartoons in the 90's, Spider-Man, X-Men (even though it gave me a headache) and Batman (even though it scared me a little) when I was a kid.  The first comic I got was an issue of the X-Men my uncle gave me for christmas.  One book I  really got into was Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog, it reads like a saturday morning cartoon, and thats what I love about it.  I still pick up an issue from time to time.
    Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107  Edited By The Devil Tiger

My first Comics was a translated issue of Captain America, I was Six, maybe Seven year old, but it impressed me enough to make me remember this until now. (Twenty year later !) 

But I didn't know really about comics, and my next true contact with comics was an Issue of the Flash (Barry Allen), against the master of mirror. 

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#108  Edited By kennybaese

Batman TAS plain and simple. And then I discovered my mom, of all people, had this box filled with old comics that I would read through on a regular basis.  

Then my parents in their religious fervor outlawed superheroes for a long time, kind of inexplicably, so I had to sneak reading a comic at the bookstore from time to time. Then I got thrown out of the house over a girl and a couple rock and roll CDs and now I buy all the comics I want. Well, most of them anyway.  

I'm pretty sure if my mom saw my comic shelf she'd crap her pants. 

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By Aronmorales

My father had comics all over the house, so as a youngling I was able to pick up a John Byrne Superman or She-Hulk, or maybe the big ol' X-Men book where they're about to go to Asgard (what is the name of that story?), or maybe some Lynch Mob or Big Guy and Rusty would do it for me.

Comics have been in my life, almost as soon as I got out of the womb.
    Heck, even as a baby I've been to a convention or too.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By goldenkey

just remembered something.  I remember walking into some kind of game store where they sold all kinds of board games and roll playing books because I saw they had comics.  I picked up a first print trade of Death in the Family - Batman.  That was my first full story of comics I bought myself.  My actual first collection was Return of the Jedi by Marvel when it first came out.  Loved that too.
    d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By d0npierre
    @Aronmorales: Same story here, my dad has an evergrowing collection of comics. As a kid I simply had to pick 'em out and read 'em. New mutants go to asgard, X-babies, AoA, Miller's Batman... All the grade A stuff, up for grabs. So young and already corrupted by comicdom..
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Jordanstine
    My first comic that I ever got:   

I don't remember how I got it, but it was the only comic I had in the longest time.  I was a big Superman fan growing up. 

But the comic that got me hooked and started my life as a collector:   

But to be more precise...  

My friend was into Spider-Man and X-Men fan and lent me this book.  But it was particulary X-Men #4 where Wolverine, Gambit, Rogue, and Jubilee were all playing basketball and having so much fun that made me love these characters called the X-Men

P.S. 
    It was also the 1st appearance of Omega Red.
    Avatar image for cancer_the_conqueror
    Cancer the Conqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like most here, it was non-comic media that first intrigued me. I watched the Spider-Man cartoon as a kid, and I always liked the look and evil swagger of Venom. One day, years later, I was bored on Wikipedia and looked him up, and, for some reason, those cliff notes of the character were deeply enticing. Once I bought the Ultimate Spider-Man video game, I was all about comics, but I was never really able to read its actual content; I could read summaries, but not its genuine delivary. My first comic book was Kraven's Last Hunt, and once I got into high school, my library grew a decent comic book section where I waste my time when I need to be studying for my atrocious Chemistry final, like right now. :)
    GiveUpNed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#114  Edited By GiveUpNed

I was given a friends dad old Star War comics from the 70s. For the longest time I would only read that. Then I got into Batman, Xmen, Spiderman, Spawn, Avengers, Ironman and various indie and DarkHorse Comics graphic novels. I don't read as much anymore, but it is nice.

grufaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By grufaine

I pretty much inherited it. My dad's been collecting avidly since he was 13, so I've always been around them. He wouldn't let me read them myself until I was 10, but before that I sometimes browsed his collection and watched all the 90s animated series. Once I was about 14 I started going with dad to the comic book store, mostly buying anything Spider-Man related or anything with a cover that interested me. Then Civil War started in 2006 and I became more interested in the continuity and then later also got hooked on New Avengers. I can't remember what the first comic I ever read was, but the first ones I ever owned were several Nightwing, Flash, and Batman comics my dad gave me when I was littler. But I still managed to grow up pretty Marvel-biased and avidly read most of my dad's Amazing Spider-Man run when I was around 12. (Thanks to the Clone Saga I now frequently guess "clone" for every mystery. Sometimes I'm even right. ^_^)

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By karrob

Back in the 80's my older brother got me started on X-Men, Iron Man and a few Avengers comics. It was a good escape from reality. Lol. 

abedrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By abedrak

My first comic was a Detective Comics issue... idontremember, and all those cartoons, Batman TAS, evens superfriends, all the Marvel Cartoons like Spider-Man, X-Men, Daredevil, etc, really caught me. But it wasn't until 2 years ago that I sarted reading them on a regular basis, the first storyline that caught me was "Batman: The Long Halloween", since that time I became a DC fan and I'm reading some Marvel comics to, starting with Civil War

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#118  Edited By SevanGrim

my brother owned tons of Disney Adventures magazines, which published Bone for a long time, as well as Duck Tales and Tale Spin, and pretty much every other Disney Afternoon cartoon. 
     He Also had tons of Calivn And Hobbies. But my first real comics i read where the Batman: Dark Knight Returns comics he had. Those where followed swiftly by the Else Worlds where Batman was GL, and the one where Superman was found by the waynes (Speeding Bullets i think it was called). And then he also owned a handful of the Legends of The Dark Knight series, which i fell in love with.
     After that i went out and started looking for comics. My Aunt gave me Spidermans wedding. My cusin gave me a bunch of X-Force stuff, and my grandparents got me The Death of Superman.
     And the first comic i ever bought with my own money was a Robin III at a gas station on a vacation to Mexico. 
     the rest, as we say, is Evan.

couzinit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#119  Edited By couzinit99

I was kind of brought into comic book from my grandfather (RIP) who was nicknamed Batman.  I remember i use to go to his house everyday when i was little and in his room he'd have all this Batman memrobelia in his room that i use to just sit and look at for hours. After he passed away, my dad was lucky enough to keep all of the Batman stuff. When we moved, there just happened to be a comic book store in town.  Before then, i just use to watch the movies and fall in love with the TEEN TITANS TV show (i was little okay, i know it's a bad show now haha). I fell in love with the comic book store after the first step inside, which lead me to play the superhero game Heroclix. it would be years before i got a comic book subscription but i still picked up single issues from winning fellowship in the game. I finally got a comic book subscription right before Blackest Night happened, and i gotta say i've had a great first year in subscribing into comic books. Now, i work there which is any nerds dream job. I'm a nerd at heart, just look at over 90% of my wardrobe being Batman and Green Lantern T-Shirts, and will never give it up.  I have my grandfather to thank.  He was my Batman and will live on in my heart :)

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By brendon277

I started reading comics when Daredevil came out. I knew NOTHING about super heroes then cause i was only like about maybe 5 i guess and i knew nothing about Elektra and i could see the love between Matt and Elektra and when she died i felt so bad but then when Elektra's solo movie came out i was so happy to find out she had lived and that movie had made me want to start reading comics so I went to my local comic store and looked for Elektra comic books and i found one!!! It was Elektra: Everything Old Is New Again and that made me want to keep reading more comics so i did. That's how i started reading comics. The End.

This was my first comic book! 
    This was my first comic book! 
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jordanstine

Wow!   

Going through this thread, it's kind of interesting to see that most of everyone's origin into getting hooked into comics was predominantly X-Men!   

I was expecting more Spider-Man or Batman mostly, but X-Men?   

Now that's something...

Aerock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#122  Edited By Aerock
    @MadripoorEconomy said:
    "I think the mini-comics that came with the original He-Man toys started me off...  My first X-men comic was #271 (part of the X-Tinction Agenda crossover) and I was hooked!  I collected until '95 when I left home to join the Army... I did not collect again until last year...  I've since purchased back issues like crazy to try and (at least for Marvel) rebuild my collection as if I had never stopped collecting. "
    Very similar story as mine.  Same thing with the Army and the break in collecting.  Effin' Hooah.

i less than three komiks,
    ~  Aerock
    IamSilkmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By IamSilkmane

One of my older brothers collected comics and because I wanted to be like him, I began collecting them as well.  I remember comic books like the Invaders, Archie and Jugghead, Capt. America fighting the Red Skull...   
    I still remember the day when my mom made me leave my new collection of comics (what my brother had given to me) back at the old house as we packed up to move into the new.   
    Black Panther with the first appearances of Solomon's Frogs 
    First apperances of the Abomination and of the Leader with his big ole head...  
     I'm laughing even as I type. 

Silkmane

trougedoor122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By trougedoor122

I used to watch superhero movies and tv shows when I was a kid, and recently saw movies such as The Dark Knight (in '08), and kinda stumbled on the DC website while googling batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

A trip to the grocery store with Mom meant a comic book. (It was a reward for staying the in the same spot, I thought. Later on I realized it was just her kindness and generosity.) I grew up on a steady diet of the Uncanny X-Men (Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, Storm, Rachel Summers, Rogue & Cyclops) and I remember taking the original Secret Wars comics to school in the 3rd grade. (Yes, I am old.)  
    RaydelFugeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By RaydelFugeo

I started reading comics when I was ten. I recently moved Seattle to Tucson and I was very awkward around other kids. I was taller and bigger than everyone else, I was the only African-American student in the enitre school, and I didn't have a single friend. My teacher at the time gave a this comic. It featured two best friends. I didn't care if they were black and white, I just saw two guys who were friends to the end. I was inspired  by their heroics,  awesome costumes, great powers,  and more importantly their friendship. Since then I have always read comics not only for awesome battles and cool art, but also to understand the importance of people working together.

This was my 1st issue. It got me inspired to write my own comics
     This was my 1st issue. It got me inspired to write my own comics

Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#127  Edited By Silver Knight75

I saw Spider-Man (2002) and wanted to learn more about him, and then on to X-men, Hulk, and I moved on to DC later on and now I like comics.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#128  Edited By Caligula

I was given a long box, full of Batman/Detective comics, in 1993. (I was Six)

that spawned my love of comics.

JD907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129  Edited By JD907

I remember watching the big animated shows of the 90's like Batman, Spider-Man, and ect. before eventually picking this up: 

I just saw the costume and thought it was awesome. Plus, Venom was my favorite villain from the cartoon. 

After reading the rest of the clone saga on and off, I didn't read anything issue-to-issue until Ultimate Spider-Man, then the rest of the Ultimate books, then finally the main Spider-Man and Avengers books, and the rest of the main Marvel Universe. 

I didn't start reading DC more frequently until Green Lantern: Rebirth, and Infinite Crisis.
    FatBoiFreshh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#130  Edited By FatBoiFreshh

it began many moons ago i watch a tv show called the hulk and was a fan ever since that was in the 80's when i got older i found the fox run of the X-Men the Stan Lee's Iron man Fantastic four,i soon start buying comics i think my first comic was What if Hulk Killed Wolverine an then the games began....Peace

Avatar image for anubhavdasgupta
    AnubhavDasgupta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By AnubhavDasgupta

My first Comic Book was a long time ago, bearing the title "Venom".... don't remember the details, i just bought it and from then on I was hooked.

Aspenfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Aspenfan1

My first comic was Uncanny X-Men 299 and 300. 

ddwalls31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ddwalls31

My grandfather collected comics and as a child I would be allowed to thumb around in his collection..(always the common ones, never the valuable ones). This was when I was 3 or 4 (1982-83). I bought my first Batman off the shelf in 1985 and have been collecting ever since...I also was given my grandfather's collection after he passed. I am now 32 years old and still collect comics....more than ever because of more disposable income than I have ever had before. I am an avid DC collector (almost every mainstream title) and in Marvel I collect Avengers titles, X-Men Titles, and Spider-man titles.

copymanrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By copymanrules

my grandfather took me to an old book store that had a books and comics which got my interest then movies. he bought a collection of  the savage she hulk back in the late 1980s. then later i used my allowance to buy spiderwoman series, then supergirl series before she died in the crisis. then in the mid 90s i collected the uncanny xmen. and hawk and dove. i had a variety of comics when i was in my mid teens then i gave them to my brothers figured they keep them in good shape but all was destroyed. i have bought old issues from comics stores that had the issues that i wanted but mostly missing alot of issues to again complete a series. if only i could change back time.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Theodore

a neighbor of mine gave me some comics when I was young.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#136  Edited By Darkchild

I started reading comics when i was real little but really started probably early teens with xmen

RedHurricane24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#137  Edited By RedHurricane24

My first comic book that I have read was Ultimate X-Men #1. Marvel.com at the time, they let their members read their comics on their site for free, before they started charging. I immediately liked the fact that I was able to read Origins #1 as well, and surely enough, I was hooked. I stopped reading Marvel due to being in high school, but a little bit over 2 years ago, Batman RIP started, and I read it in single issue format. Because of that storyline, I've become an avid DC reader. I tried getting back into Marvel, but I dunno, the stories they offered were linear at best. The only one I really liked reading was when Daken killed Punisher. Other than that, I'm reading Mighty Crusaders Special right now.

jagged glass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By jagged glass

I had fond memories of the Batman animated series when I was at primary, and later on, to a lesser extent, Teen Titans, Static Shock and Superman. I already had a good deal of knowledge about the DCU (not so much Marvel) and I picked up on everything pretty quick, especially the differences between comics and TV. 
    I'm from New Zealand, where comic stores are near non-existent, and I thought I wouldn't be able to get any comics at all, but I finally found a store in Onehunga. My first issue was Faces of Evil: Deathstroke in February last year, and I thought it was okayish. But I only really got on board with Blackest Night and I've been following Green Lantern ever since.

LeoTravis10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By LeoTravis10

I first started reading them in the late 80s and never looked back. I'm an Avengers and X-Men fanatic and it's my fav groups. Spawn is my fav individual comic and have read every single issue since day 1. Want to thank my oldar bro for introducing me to some of the comic titles out there. :)
    rum1929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#140  Edited By rum1929

I was into comics since the mid 80's as a kid and my first issue I bought was an Avengers title at a 7-11 store during a visit to the Bay area. When my family moved to San Diego, I discovered a LCS within biking distance and spent my allowance there. I collected mostly Marvel but I got caught up in the whole Image scene in the 90's. I stopped collecting for awhile during the mid 90's and started going comic crazy again about 4-5 years ago. 

Mokey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Mokey

My dad was just getting back into comics after a +10 year hiatus and had the TBP of Civil War, CIvil War: Spider-Man, Civil War: Frontlines and Civil War: X-Men with him. I read them, fell in love and found a new medium of interest.

cwpolzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 7

#142  Edited By cwpolzel  Moderator

My comic book life started when as a child with the Masters of the Universe action figures(early 80s) came with mini-comics(which I still have today). Still, not really aware of comic books in general(and primarily a toy kid) my next encounter was the magazine sized adaptation of the Muppets Take Manhattan. My next foray with comic books came when my dad purchased a house, and left by the previous owners left a handful of beat-up Sgt. Rock comics and a copy of Captain America #237. The final thing that cemented my comic book future was during the summer of '89 when I trade the Pro Wrestling game of the original Nintendo Entertainment System for about 30 comics that included most of the 'Mutant Massacre' story, the takeover of Avengers Mansion by the fourth Masters of Evil, the West coast Avengers battle with Master Pandemonium, the introduction of Super-Patriot(later known as U.S.Agent) in Captain America and most of the x-titles 'Inferno' storyline. I was officially hooked.    

Justinpants21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Justinpants21

Got hooked on the x-men animated series when i was 8. The first book i ever bought was X-Men #17. I'll never forget the cover, it was so simple, pretty much just a group shot but i loved the art and it got me hooked on comics. Too bad the book (in my opinion) has really gone down the toilet. I miss the x mansion and the professor leading the team, and of course jean grey. Though i can't stand the series now, it'll always be the series that got me into comics. Its funny all the characters i thought were boring when i was a kid like Cap and Thor have now become my favorites and the books i loved like x-men and spidey, i can't even read now.
    Avatar image for harleyquinnhawkgirl
    harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 14

For me it's a very simple way. I used to love watching the superheroe cartoons and my dad told me that they were based on the comics. So I would watch their movies and I fell in love so I started off buying back issues just to see those characters. Normally I would just look for the cool action scenes but I was little and didn't know better. Now I have a pure love for comics!
    Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Comics sort of helped me to learn to read.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#146  Edited By Manchine

First comic I had was this one. 

Although what got me into comics was..... 

yo_yo_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#147  Edited By yo_yo_fun

I have Batman: The Animated Series to thank for me starting to read comic books. I use to watch the show when I was a kid but when I was 16, I brought the 1st volume of the series on DVD & I was hooked! I just got really interested in the story of Batman & that's when I started to buy graphic novels.  

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Shadowdoggy

my first comics were my older brothers 
    he had DOZENS and dozens of old Justice League and Fantastic Four comics from the 80's

once he was "too old" for comics, I tore into them like it was going out of style 
    I remember an issue of the JL in particular, where they all teamed up to battle Dr. Destiny in his dream world 
    it was EPIC  
    and I was hooked from there on out 

ps, thank you comic vine for finding this for me.....

BenjaminVeiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By BenjaminVeiga

i always wanted to get into comics when i was younger and a year ago i got my first one,
    prologue darkest night:green lantern #43, thats  preety much the jumping off point for me,now i buy a new issue every month of dead pool,dead pool corps,what is now brightest day, seige,and for some reason batgirl??

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By xybernauts

Back when I was in elementary school my friend's mother had bought him a comic he already had so he gave it to me. The comic was a Marvel Team-Up with Spiderman and the Beast.. A few years later when I hit puberty, after playing a baseball game at a near-by field I stopped at a store selling comics. I always wanted to buy more comics after the first one my friend gave me, but I never knew where to buy them. Once I knew where to buy them I was hooked. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.