Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

How did Scott take over Xavier's School?

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When Scott found out that Xavier had wiped his memory of his brother, Vulcan, from his mind and lost the hidden team of X-men, Scott had words with Xavier and told Xavier to leave. Xavier left his home and the school which Xavier owned. And Scott took over.

How did Xavier get kicked off his own property?

Did that make sense to anyone?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier must be "Dafuq just happened?!?!" a few moments after walking out the door.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

I think Cyclops kick him out and then the other X-Men decided to stick with Scott.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4  Edited By McKlayn

When Scott found out that Xavier had wiped his memory of his brother, Vulcan, from his mind and lost the hidden team of X-men, Scott had words with Xavier and told Xavier to leave. Xavier left his home andthe school which Xavier owned. And Scott took over.

I think by this point in time the X men had all been upset with him for several things (Like the Danger story line from Astonishing) Scott had already taken over control as headmaster of the school (him and emma were running it in New X men) He was already running the X men as a team full force, he had not legally but pretty much in every other way stepped up and taken over the school (professor had raised him to do so to begin with) so professor had basically stepped down to let him do so, then all this stuff came up and the Xmen started to question his judgement and lose trust him. So he was "asked" to leave and he knew he wasn't wanted, and complied.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

hey, does anyone remember when Xavier was missing after Operation: Zero Tolerance? All of the X-men returned to the mansion to find it had been completely emptied by Bastion, and then Juggernaut showed up with a lawyer to lay claim to it as Xavier's next of kin. The X-men scare Jugs off at that point, but it got me thinking that if Cyclops was adopted by Xavier, couldn't he also lay claim to it as his next of kin?

It seems to me that Cyclops could have done so way back then, if for no other reason than to keep the Juggernaut away from it until they found out what had become of Xavier, and maybe with it in Cyclops' possession, Xavier just never felt the need to reclaim it.

Of course, if that is the case, I think it would mean that the JG School is built on Cyclops' property; but then, if Cyclops is a wanted criminal, perhaps he has no legal claim to it at this point either.

johnjoe66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinisteri: @oldnightcrawler: when i first started reading comics like fro 2 years now i was so dissaponited that xavier wasnt in the x men comics cause i loved his character also screw scott if it wasnt for xavier than they wouldnt even been a xmen

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By time1

@oldnightcrawler: Just for the record the Jean Grey school doesn't belong to Cyclops, it belongs to Wolverine and if was built on Charles property, then it belongs to Charles.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinisteri: @oldnightcrawler: when i first started reading comics like fro 2 years now i was so dissaponited that xavier wasnt in the x men comics cause i loved his character also screw scott if it wasnt for xavier than they wouldnt even been a xmen

Yeah, Xavier really is one of the most interesting and important X-men characters, no doubt about that. That said though, even though he did train most of the classic X-men, I think at this point it's fair to say that Cyclops, Storm, and even Wolverine have done as much (if not more) to keep the X-men together as he did.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@oldnightcrawler: Just for the record the Jean Grey school doesn't belong to Cyclops, it belongs to Wolverine and if was built on Charles property, then it belongs to Charles.

Well, like I said, Cyclops may have inherited Xavier's property long ago, thus making it his legally. All I know for sure is that Xavier doesn't own any property any more, because that would be legally impossible.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time1

@oldnightcrawler: Saying that, who actually pay to have the Jean grey s school built, was it Warren, it might belong to him instead.The school may belong to Angel and Charles, if it's on Charles own the land. I don't think Cyclops inherited it, he took it and Charles gave it to him and didn't argue over leadership of the X-Men.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@time said:

@oldnightcrawler: Saying that, who actually pay to have the Jean grey s school built, was it Warren, it might belong to him instead.The school may belong to Angel and Charles, if it's on Charles land. I don't think Cyclops inherited it, he took it and Charles gave didn't argue over leadership of the X-Men.

It can't be Xavier's because he's dead; the dead can't own property, legally or otherwise, they just can't.

As far as has been shown in WatX-men, Wolverine owns the school itself, with Angel helping pay to keep it going.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By time1

@oldnightcrawler: If the property is in Charles name, then it could belong to him. I think Wolverine and Angel owns it.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@oldnightcrawler: If the property is in Charles name, then it could belong to him. I think Wolverine and Angel owns it.

If it was in Xavier's name, it definitely can't be anymore. As far as has been established, Wolverine owns the school.

As for the land that the school is on, well, isn't that a Krakoa? a sentient being? I think that means that no one can legally own it.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sinisteri

Thanks for feedback.

I understand Xavier was guilted by the vilification of his character when Scott took over, but the school was not just an business institution-- it was his home and estate. No amount of guilt would make a man leave his own family home.

I am not diminishing the contributions of Cyclops, Storm and Wolverine. Lets be honest, it is easier to manage an inheritance than it is to create the fortune in the first place. Xavier dealt with creating a mutant school and haven at a time mature mutant allies were not available and the world did not even partially support/encourage his efforts. If his leadership is lessened in the eyes of some because he was partially paralyzed and older by the time of his comic debut then that is unfair. He was not a physical action hero for most of his life due to circumstances. His actions as a mutant leader gave mutants hope, focus and sanctuary & created more leaders. The other three have not achieved this feat yet. So for me, Xavier is the best leader.

I wish the writers had let him own his actions without the full on guilt. How do you apologize for making decisions with limited resources-- could young Scott deal with the trauma of his brother's death, was there a guide book on handling an alien sentient danger room, and by the time Xavier's hard decisions came to light-- his critics were old enough to know that road-- even Emma criticized him for manipulating Scott as a young mutant considering her time with the Hellions(Really)! And all of them are guilty of turning students into soldiers, but Xavier was vilified.

That was a bad depiction and injustice to the character of Xavier.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

When Scott found out that Xavier had wiped his memory of his brother, Vulcan, from his mind and lost the hidden team of X-men, Scott had words with Xavier and told Xavier to leave. Xavier left his home and the school which Xavier owned. And Scott took over.

It's comics, dude. Sadly, most writers don't think about stuff like this.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True. Similar to not understanding how superhuman powers work or giving a character an ability that don't have any other time like when Sebastion Shaw exercised telepathy during a scene in Morrison's run.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Thanks for feedback.

I understand Xavier was guilted by the vilification of his character when Scott took over, but the school was not just an business institution-- it was his home and estate. No amount of guilt would make a man leave his own family home.

I am not diminishing the contributions of Cyclops, Storm and Wolverine. Lets be honest, it is easier to manage an inheritance than it is to create the fortune in the first place. Xavier dealt with creating a mutant school and haven at a time mature mutant allies were not available and the world did not even partially support/encourage his efforts. If his leadership is lessened in the eyes of some because he was partially paralyzed and older by the time of his comic debut then that is unfair. He was not a physical action hero for most of his life due to circumstances. His actions as a mutant leader gave mutants hope, focus and sanctuary & created more leaders. The other three have not achieved this feat yet. So for me, Xavier is the best leader.

It's basically for these reasons that I consider Xavier more of a leader to the X-men than a leader of the X-men, if you see what I mean.

You make a fair point that without Xavier, there would be no X-men to begin with; but I think a fair argument could be made for him never really being an actual member of the team the way some of the others were.

You also make a good point that the X-mansion was his family home, that is, that he himself inherited it. Xavier was a millionaire genius, but it's not as if he came from nothing. In that way, I'd argue that, since he adopted Cyclops, that makes it as much Cyclops' home as it does his. Arguably more so, considering that Cyclops actually grew up there.

At the time Xavier left the X-men, he obviously seemed to feel that Cyclops was more entitled to run the school than he was.

johnjoe66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By johnjoe66

@oldnightcrawler: ya i see your point but if it wasnt for old Charles they would have never been x-men also quick qustion what was charles doing before he got killed?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler: ya i see your point but if it wasnt for old Charles they would have never been x-men also quick qustion what was charles doing before he got killed?

Before he joined up with the Avengers to take on Cyclops (in AvsX), he is shown with Legion on a beach somewhere, presumably helping him train in the control of his powers.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20  Edited By McKlayn

@johnjoe66 said:

Before he joined up with the Avengers to take on Cyclops (in AvsX), he is shown with Legion on a beach somewhere, presumably helping him train in the control of his powers.

yea at the end of the legacy arc (cant remember the name but it was the fall out from Age of X) Charles stated him and Legion would travel abroad and work on controlling his powers and bonding as father and son like they should of years ago, he was trying to make up for lost time with his son

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Jean Grey School can SUCK IT.
    and Xavier is lame.

Cyclops ftw.

troll.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.