Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Hope should be the Phoenix!!!

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blastaar

The ending to AvX was not what I expected. What was the point of Hope? What's was the point of building her up telling us that her destiny was to be the Phoenix only to take it away from her at the ending? I mean, it would have been really awesome if they just let her keep this powers. This was suppose to be her destiny, right? If Rachel Summers could be Phoenix as well as Jean Grey then why not Hope?. She of all mutants would have been able to control it and she showed that she could control it and they made a big deal about how she wsa going to become Phoenix in Cable, now Bishop has nothing to be mad about.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By theTimeStreamer

glad to see you've paying attention to the series new guy. NOT. her only purpose was to make new mutants. thats it. not some great phoenix mutant. and she needed a LONG TIME to do THAT.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine

@theTimeStreamer said:

her only purpose was to make new mutants. thats it. not some great phoenix mutant.

Pretty much this.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crimsonlord53

If hope was the phoenix then marvel would have to kill her off and since no one gives a hoot about her they then could not tease a Hope return with a vision or dreams of the phoenix/Hope.

A bitter and pissed off jean fan.

G_I_R_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By G_I_R_L

@blastaar: Hope's only purpose was to create new mutants; that's it. There was no need for her to be next Rachel or Jean (considering Hope is essentially a rip-off hybrid of Rogue and Jean to begin with).

The character served her purpose. I would hope that we're through having to deal with her annoyances; she's close to Sentry-level dislike.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought hope would be jean reborn but now idk what her purpose is........at least if hope was scott and jeans kid somehow ....i've lost all hope in marvel

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lykopis

@G_I_R_L said:

@blastaar: Hope's only purpose was to create new mutants; that's it. There was no need for her to be next Rachel or Jean (considering Hope is essentially a rip-off hybrid of Rogue and Jean to begin with).

The character served her purpose. I would hope that we're through having to deal with her annoyances; she's close to Sentry-level dislike.

Pretty much this except for Sentry-level dislike. Hope is nowhere near Sentry in regards to characters who were thrown under the bus by Marvel. She was all hype and uninteresting (boohoo --- I never got to wear a pretty hair-clip) whereas Sentry was a deeply flawed character who had potential to be more.

Anyway. Hopefully Hope gets sent to the Avengers Academy. It seems to be the collection bin of characters Marvel doesn't know what to do with any more.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8  Edited By x_29

Hope should go away...forever.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By papad1992

Hope should be referred to as Hopeless!! She's totally irrelevant and has become a huge climatic fail!!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#10  Edited By Teerack

The Phoenix needs to not come back to earth.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11  Edited By McKlayn

i dont like the way they did it but i totally agree we shouldn't see the Phoenix again for a loooong looong time, they totally ruined it this last time and i would prefer if they didn't piss on the stories of the past anymore. As far as Hope goes i think she has some potential as a character, especially if they actually tell exactly what the limit of her powers is and such, let her play with Cable and his X force some, and do some real development and not just be the girl with a purpose who doesn't really know how to achieve that purpose

LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LipstickZombie

I love Hope but she needs to USE HER FREAKING POWERS. At this point it's like the writers are like, "Take our word for it, they're awesome powers."

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x_29 said:

@papad1992 said:

Hope should be referred to as Hopeless!! She's totally irrelevant and has become a huge climatic fail!!

Yes. She really has no purpose IMHO, at this point.

sw04ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sw04ca

@McKlayn: Yeah, if Hope is going to be around, they really need to settle her into 'the gang' a bit and build some relationships with established characters. As it stands, she makes me think of the Joseph Magneto, a character who is standing in for another and who you know is going to come to an end sooner rather than later.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By papad1992

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@x_29 said:

@papad1992 said:

Some could say her purpose is to have no purpose at all!!

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blastaar

@papad1992 said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@x_29 said:

@papad1992 said:

No, Hope should have been the Phoenix. To have the Phoenix back on the X-Men would have been awesome. And then you can have hte dark phoenix saga all over again and somehow Jean gets reincarnated in that story. Anyways. I thought Hope was to become more, but like others have said, she has become kinda uesless now. After all the build up, after all.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I agree, she should be Phoenix. Meaning die and not come back for God knows how many years.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Matchstick

No Hope shouldn't have kept the Phoenix Force, it would be boring story telling since we've all seen that story before with Jean. Now Hope has a new path and maybe they'll actually flesh out her character to more than "Jean lite". I'm glad they did it this way, it was unexpected.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#19  Edited By x_29

@blastaar said:

@papad1992 said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@x_29 said:

@papad1992 said:

No, Hope should have been the Phoenix. To have the Phoenix back on the X-Men would have been awesome. And then you can have hte dark phoenix saga all over again and somehow Jean gets reincarnated in that story. Anyways. I thought Hope was to become more, but like others have said, she has become kinda uesless now. After all the build up, after all.

That would have been a terrible idea.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By papad1992

@x_29 said:

@blastaar said:

@papad1992 said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@x_29 said:

@papad1992 said:

That would have been a terrible idea.

I second that!! I'm on a strike for no more stories about Jean or the Phoenix all together. She should be honored as a role model and such, not the constant nagging and longing of having her return so other deserving characters are put back into the background!

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think now Hope has the potential to be a very interesting character. Her entire life she has been on the run or part of some conspiracy or war for the fate of mutantkind, only to find that her destiny ended at 17, now what?

She has gone from the center of attention to now an afterthought, how does she define the rest of her life from this point on? I'm 90% sure she will just get tossed into limbo or the background, but i would love to see them explore what someone does with her free of all the Phoenix BS

shiesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shiesse

why dont they just kill hope, or something

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.