Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Help Older with X-Men Trades...

shieldzeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shieldzeal

So I am wanting to catch up on all the classic X-Men stories post Giant Size X-Men #1. I picked up the Uncanny X-men Marvel Masterworks volumes 1-3 and just finished reading volume 2, so I am well into the Phoenix Saga. My basic goal is to read all (or most) of the issues up into volume 2 in the early 90s. So these are the trades I am planning on getting and wanted to see if there is anything major I might be missing:

Marvel Masterworks Volumes 4-8

X-Men: From the Ashes

X-Men Omnibus Volumes 1 & 2

I know there is a bunch of 80s stuff I am missing. What do you recommend? Still brand new to X-men and I don't need to read everything, I just really want to hit all the highlights. And get some sweet looking trades for my bookshelf! :-D

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@shieldzeal:I can't necessarily recommend anything, but are you in the U.K.?

shieldzeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shieldzeal

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: USA

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

I just bought all the Essential X-Men trades myself.They're black and white but you can't beat the value.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@shieldzeal:Oh, fair enough.

It's just I discovered Marvel pocket books recently, and they're quite a bit cheaper than full size TPBs. I think it's just a U.K. thing though.

shieldzeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shieldzeal

I do like the full color masterworks editions. I am a sucker for hardcovers.

But if the price is right...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.