Have all the X-men turned against the P2?

#1 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

When AVX started it was the Utopia X-men vs the Avengers. Later on members of the Jean Grey school joined them aswell (not all, but most of them). But as of AVX 9 and 10 are there any x-men left that haven't turned against Emma and Cyclops?

Previews for WatX have shown that the young X-men of Utopia have joined the school as "refugees" (is Utopia being destroyed?) and I can't think of anyone who is going to stand by Emma and Scott. Has this event turned into everyone vs Cyclops/Emma?

#2 Edited by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

this event has turned me against x-books,come november im dropping marvel entirely

#3 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA:I might not drop Marvel entirely but I might just read "All New X-men" and that's it. The weird thing is that now Storm is going to be a part of WatX there will be two X-titles with exactly the same cast.

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I dropped Marvel entirely based on the stupidity that is AvX

#5 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: with marvel NOW sticking its head in , i do not want to read marvel . titles i do read are being cancelled if not, are tweaked in a direction i don't like and it looks like one big mess . ill stick to DC when they disapoint me just as bad as marvel ill move to the indie stories

#6 Posted by Daycrawler (547 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

I dropped Marvel entirely based on the stupidity that is AvX

@SoA said:

this event has turned me against x-books,come november im dropping marvel entirely

Man, you guys are either jumping the gun or not reading the right Marvel books. You may not like AvX but Uncanny X-Force, X-Men, X-Factor, Secret Avengers and Winter Soldier are all utterly fantastic and will be untouched by Marvel NOW! Plus, Marvel NOW will have Remender on Avengers and heralds (pun intended) the return of Cosmic marvel (Nova & Guardians of the Galaxy) which are at least worth a look.

#7 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler: x-men(storm, domino, psylocke) , uncanny x-force, anything wolverine related but not the AvX titles, x-treme x-men(reminiscent of exiles), ultimate titles and once in awhile ill peek into spider-man,cap , iron man , or thor

marvel now just seems like it is going to be unneeded . is there any confirmation these titles wont change? ik x-force is going to be uncanny avengers (i guess no more killing?) and ultimate universe is kaput due to cap changing outfit and that whole marcus johnson nonsense. i know MAX still exists bc of fury but im more interested with punisher running it.

with all these changes its not that i can ignore here or there its become what hasn't changed ? its a mess and irritates me. i didnt say it sucks or anyone should boycott it , just saying marvel does not appeal to me .

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler: AvX proved to me Marvel as a company is horrible. Uncanny X-Force wasn't good because of Marvel's protection of the characters or story it was the writers and artists.

#9 Posted by Daycrawler (547 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@Daycrawler: x-men(storm, domino, psylocke) , uncanny x-force, anything wolverine related but not the AvX titles, x-treme x-men(reminiscent of exiles), ultimate titles and once in awhile ill peek into spider-man,cap , iron man , or thor

marvel now just seems like it is going to be unneeded . is there any confirmation these titles wont change? ik x-force is going to be uncanny avengers (i guess no more killing?) and ultimate universe is kaput due to cap changing outfit and that whole marcus johnson nonsense. i know MAX still exists bc of fury but im more interested with punisher running it.

with all these changes its not that i can ignore here or there its become what hasn't changed ? its a mess and irritates me. i didnt say it sucks or anyone should boycott it , just saying marvel does not appeal to me .

Uncanny Avengers is a new book and Uncanny X-Force will be continuing (as far as I'm aware!). Basically, AvX is the end point of the last 7 - 8 years worth of Marvel events and Marvel NOW is just a relaunch of the main titles with fresh creative teams and ideas that don't rely on the past 8 yrs of continuity, but don't ignore it either (they're just way less reliant). From what I've read so far, it mostly been positive. Remender on Avengers and Captain America, Gillen on Iron Man, stuff like UXF and X-Factor continuing unaffected, etc. Only sour note for me is Benids on All New X-Men, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

I get how there's still some uncertainty and apprehension with it though, and some of the changes may not be to everyones taste. It's like most things though - some of it will be good, some bad. Will be surprised if it's mostly bad though, given the talent involved. Don't think it will be a mess. Just a clean break from the past 8 yrs.

BTW - New Nick Fury junior bugs the crap out of me! Hope original Nick kills him.

#10 Posted by Daycrawler (547 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@Daycrawler: AvX proved to me Marvel as a company is horrible. Uncanny X-Force wasn't good because of Marvel's protection of the characters or story it was the writers and artists.

Well, I actually am really enjoying AvX. Not the best event I've ever read, but fun and entertaining (in my eyes). After the mess of Fear Itself, a turd in an envelope would have been a better event though. Not sure what you'r getting at re: UXF being good due to the writer/artists and not Marvel. Surely, due to Marvel employing these people and allowing them to do what they did reflects well on Marvel for letting this happen? Confused as to how this portrays Marvel poorly. If you wanted a good example of that, look no further than First X-Men or hiring Victor Gischler to nearly run X-Men into the ground before Wood saved it.

All big companies have horrible aspects, some more than others. Wouldn't say Marvel are particularly bad though.

#11 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler: i remember seeing on comicvine that uncanny avengers picks up from x-force and the current arc in the send off (my guess why everyone dead and the new brotherhood being awesome!) my roommate has said the same thing try it out first (i just think its bc he is DC bias )but besides him you have shown a ok argument so maybe ill see whats going on. maybe.

and if they wanted a black nick fury just leave ultimate titles be instead of shutting it down. there are 2 nick furys(furies?) samuel L in the ultimate universe and col nick fury in 616 the poser they are trying to hype people on is marcus johnson . end of story.

#12 Posted by Daycrawler (547 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@Daycrawler: i remember seeing on comicvine that uncanny avengers picks up from x-force and the current arc in the send off (my guess why everyone dead and the new brotherhood being awesome!) my roommate has said the same thing try it out first (i just think its bc he is DC bias )but besides him you have shown a ok argument so maybe ill see whats going on. maybe.

and if they wanted a black nick fury just leave ultimate titles be instead of shutting it down. there are 2 nick furys(furies?) samuel L in the ultimate universe and col nick fury in 616 the poser they are trying to hype people on is marcus johnson . end of story.

I'm sure I'd read somewhere that UXF would still continue, it just that Logan would be a changed person after the current UXF arc that leads him into the Uncanny Avengers. If true, I don't know if that means he's leaving X-Force and they get a new leader. Guess time will tell! Will be pissed off if UXF gets axed.

Agree that they should totally have left Samuel L Fury as an Ultimates character only. Downside of the Avengers movie success I guess. :(

#13 Edited by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest downside of the Avengers movie was the cancellation of EMH. Best comic book animated series in years, and they axe it for movietoons.

Effers.

Added: On topic, we haven't seen anything of the FP3 (former phoenix 3) yet, so who knows what's going on there.

#14 Posted by poisonfleur (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Marvel messed up. Spider-man and X-men are the top sellers at Marvel. Always have, and always will. Marvel wanted to make the Avengers number 1-- at any costs.

Instead of a battle between the two teams, we got the x-men being crapped on by blatant favoritism by Marvel because the Avengers have a new movie out now... (and Fox has the X-men.)

I speak for many fans when I say: I wanted a good clean fight------ Not a 'Let's hate on the x-men fest.'

And it's a bit annoying because some us don't even like the avengers.

#15 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: @allthatsgeek: @Osian2: @SoA: @TheCrowbar: I feel the same way. There's hardly any mention of Scott and Emma after this event, this story has devolved into a predictable and banal plot, a lot of the new X-titles feel like Wolverine-ego Stroke fest, and AvX has proven yet again that Marvel can't do morally-grey stories and characters to save their ill-begotten carcass.

With that said, I'm getting ready start reading Walking Dead, Invincible, Chew, and X-O Manowar. I just need a break from the Big-Two for a while.

#16 Edited by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye:Man. Walking Dead #100 was BRUUUUTAL. It haunted me for an entire day after reading it.

#17 Posted by joetucker (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@allthatsgeek: I do miss EMH. Good stuff.

And on point: It's the nature of the Phoenix. The Original Dark Phoenix turned Jean Grey against the X-Men, some of the other Phoenix variations (Endsong, Deathsong, etc) saw the Phoenix Force manipulating the lives of its hosts.

Did anyone expect the Phoenix Force to be controllable and good?? (Unless of course they brought White Room Jean Grey back, she could do it...)

Overall, I do wish there was a greater mutant and X presence in this series. I'm not a big fan of how the P5 are coming off as villains, but we all knew this was coming as soon as the received the Phoenix powers.

How else did we expect it to end? (Hopefully with something good...)

#18 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye: you should check out harbinger , and i havent read chew since like issue #12 ii need to get back to that

#19 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say not all of them but I'm sure they want to.

#20 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@joetucker said:

@allthatsgeek: I do miss EMH. Good stuff.

And on point: It's the nature of the Phoenix. The Original Dark Phoenix turned Jean Grey against the X-Men, some of the other Phoenix variations (Endsong, Deathsong, etc) saw the Phoenix Force manipulating the lives of its hosts.

Did anyone expect the Phoenix Force to be controllable and good?? (Unless of course they brought White Room Jean Grey back, she could do it...)

Overall, I do wish there was a greater mutant and X presence in this series. I'm not a big fan of how the P5 are coming off as villains, but we all knew this was coming as soon as the received the Phoenix powers.

How else did we expect it to end? (Hopefully with something good...)

Nobody really thought that the phoenix would be controlled we were just hoping that Marvel wouldn't give us the same "absolute power corrupts absolutely" storyline. I mean I actually had hope for this series when the P5 were helping the world but a couple of pages later and the Avengers attacked them.

More than anything I see this a way of ending Utopia and re-uniting the x-men. Storm has already been seen in previews for Wolverine and the X-men and the Utopia kids like Pixie, Surge and Velocidad are going to be student of the JGS as of issue 15. The only characters that haven't been seen in previews of Marvel Now are the "villains" of Cyclops Extinction team. I t also makes me fear for Brian Woods X-men considering half that roster will be leaving.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.