Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Has There Been A Prof X & Magneto Comic?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I mean set when they were younger and still friends?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

@jonny_anonymous: There has been flashbacks in other series, but no, there has never been a series that specifically focuses on their chummy days. There should be though. Ever since the idea that Xavier and Mags were at one time friends was introduced they have never really shown much of it other than how they met and one point where they see each other after Xavier was crippled and Magneto is already an active terrorist.

Heck, there isn't even a whole lot known about Charles or Magnetos lives over the years except for key points in their backstorys (meeting certain characters, Xavier becoming crippled etc.) Marvel needs to get on that.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@cattlebattle: yea, I thought they have done something like this when the First Class movie came out. A young Pro X and Mags book would be pretty cool

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

i would totally read that

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: yea, I thought they have done something like this when the First Class movie came out. A young Pro X and Mags book would be pretty cool

I suppose that the consensus of the higher ups at Marvel would probably figure no one would read a book about Xavier and Magneto when they were younger. Probably only the hardcore X-fans or unless it was written by a well known writer. Either way, I would probably read it

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By McKlayn

@jonny_anonymous said:

I suppose that the consensus of the higher ups at Marvel would probably figure no one would read a book about Xavier and Magneto when they were younger. Probably only the hardcore X-fans or unless it was written by a well known writer. Either way, I would probably read it

they did something close right? with the X man that had wolverine and prof and sabertooth in it i cant remeber the name off hand it was First something i think, came out the same time Xtreme X men did Maybe First X men?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

they did something close right? with the X man that had wolverine and prof and sabertooth in it i cant remeber the name off hand it was First something i think, came out the same time Xtreme X men did Maybe First X men?

Yeah. It was called "First X-Men" and it wasn't that good, unless you ask Denny O Neil, who, since he was the creator, thought it was the most brilliant thing ever. Xavier and Magneto had appearances but the focus was on Sabertooth, Wolverine and some new characters. They never even meet.

The only real recorded history of Xavier and Magneto as friends is the flashback issue during Claremonts run on Uncanny and it just spans over what seems to be a couple of months before Magneto, who was sort of jealous of what Xavier had with Gabrille Haller, took Hydras gold and left to pursue villainy

The relationship between young Erik and Magneto is more emphasized in the First Class film than anything else to date

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea the inclusion of Wolverine made me shy away

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Agree...I would definitely read a Xavier and Magneto book of when they were young. This...actually...should be happening by now. Don't know why marvel never thought of it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a rumor like this after Messiah Complex when the first Legacy was announced...I wasn't nearly as well versed then but now I think i'd like to see Erik and Charlie's radical adventures as two of the first modern mutants

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.