Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Has Jean met Rachel or Hope yet?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

Call me ignorant.
    But I can't think of time Jean has met Rachel or Hope.... Even the O5 Jean Grey from the past. Don't they go to same school. LOL?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

LOL nope. Not even. Bendis apparently doesn't have enough time or space to do that as of yet.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

LOL nope. Not even. Bendis apparently doesn't have enough time or space to do that as of yet.

It's really not Bendis's fault. Hope is gonna play a role in Cable and X-Force. She doesn't even know about the O5. As for Rachel, Aaron has her in Madripoor currently hunting down the Hellfire brats so if it could be that she doesn't know about them either.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane said:

It's really not Bendis's fault. Hope is gonna play a role in Cable and X-Force. She doesn't even know about the O5. As for Rachel, Aaron has her in Madripoor currently hunting down the Hellfire brats so if it could be that she doesn't know about them either.

SERIOUSLY--- Half the things that come out of Rachel's mouth are about Jean. I know Rachel and Hope have met-- but seriously no Jean and Rachel. Watch them go back to their original timeline and nobody even bothers mentioning Jean to Rachel. Smh...

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@ageofhurricane said:

SERIOUSLY--- Half the things that come out of Rachel's mouth are about Jean. I know Rachel and Hope have met-- but seriously no Jean and Rachel. Watch them go back to their original timeline and nobody even bothers mentioning Jean to Rachel. Smh...

If you mean that they met in that Wolverine and the X-Men AvX tie-in, that was retconned by an Avengers tie-in that showed it was really Charles Xavier and not Hope. Charles erased his presence from everybody so no, Rachel and Hope have yet to meet.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Yeah their meeting is long overdue. Rachel needs to come in and kick some sense into Beast & the O5.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: None of that is a good enough excuse or even plausible. And as you've just stated, Rachel and Hope have of also of yet to meet because of a Bendis-written retcon, and even though i never said or implied it--he isat fault.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By fodigg

Considering this version of Jean is basically a ripoff of Hope who was a ripoff of a ripoff of a (etc) of the original Jean maybe the writers would rather NOT make that absolutely explicit by having them talk to each other.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: Hope could very well have been an editorial decision. Maybe they wanted her elsewhere.

And Rachel not meeting teen Jean is totally plausible. We have no idea when Rachel left to find the Hellfire Kids so it may very well been Aaron and editorial who told Bendis she couldn't be used. Hell Rachel has been in the seen since the Date Night issue. Plus the time line is wacked due to how slow ANXM is compared to WATX.

I never stated it wasn't Bendis's fault for Hope and Rachel not meeting. It clearly is for those two. However, I stated it wasn't Bendis's fault for Hope and Jean, and Rachel and Jean.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I wonder what would happen. ( + )

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@thegreyoutcastx: IMHO they should have made Rachel meet her mom by ANXM 9. And what about her 16-year old dad, eh ?

You're forgetting, she'll meet Jean and we'll have a tearful reunion all that, but what happens when she meets the younger version of her DAD who has not even the slightest clue that he has a daughter with Jean and a son with her clone ?

In addition to having a not-so-friendly reunion with his brother who he thinks died in the plane crash in the next issue.

Things are gonna get ALOT more shocking for young Scott in the near future. Until now it's Jean & Angel who've had revelations. Just wait till it's Scott's turn to go nuts when he learns of all that happened ( and about the people involved) between his time and the present.

That is when the fireworks will REALLY begin.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: I love that you are far more concerned for Young Scott than any other O5. lol too cool.

I never said they when Rachel sees both Scott and Jean than it wouldn't lead to a crazy reunion. But given that Jean saw memories from Beast, doesn't Jean already know about Madelyne, Cable, and Rachel? Why hasn't Jean totally gone postal on him?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@thegreyoutcastx: If it was an editorial/creative decision then it would have been stated, like Emma not being a member of X-Men, because Bendis hogged and wanted her only for Uncanny. It's usually not an editorial decision when character interactions like these don't happen, like Nate Grey and Hope in AvX, along with others--it's usually just lazy/poor writing from lazy/unimaginative writers.

When asked why Rachel and Jean haven't interacted/if they will, he babbled and agreed to it occurring, but obvz the story takes priority--a story where we've reached 11 issues with nothing happening, and people incessantly freaking out. Apologies, but i think you should stop trying to back him up. He's well within the realm to do anything he wants and use any character he wants, cause Marvel have gone out of their to make this time-travel idea work--i've of yet to see him say "can't use character A cause writer A's using them" or anything like that. Character A appearing in title B has nothing to do with it. See Wolverine, and since you're aware of current events, see the Uncanny Avengers appearing in both ANXM and CaXF, even though they're supposed to be dealing with Apocalypse Now and Wolverine's supposed to be on their team, but he's barking at the school, while they appear. lol. yeah, no.

It's his fault.

Until the promised interaction occurs.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@ageofhurricane: The promised interaction is probably gonna happen in the Battle for the Atom story.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: Yes, considering Rachel should be having a big role in it, as well as Wood's X-Men.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: Especially since the strong sense of the DOFP coming from this event. If Rachel wasn't involved, I would stop reading X-Men as a whole...again.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Its a convinent plot hole Bendis has created so he does not have to write that wierd initial conservation between Jean and Rachel. I would hope upon meeting and some time to get to know one another that Rachel would be disappointed at the liberties Jean is taking with her powers. I think young Jean is heading down the wrong path and needs a reality check in the use of her powers. As for Hope I agree she seems to be cut from the herd so to speak so she can be apart of Cable and X-Force.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

no

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always found it interesting that Jean and Rachel rarely cross paths in Marvel history. Usually, one is out of place when the other is around. Jean is dead or Rachel is time displaced. There was an annual event based off future past storyline and a minor meeting here and there(including Askani storyline), but there are usually not in same timeline with each other.

I found it funny that when Jean died again, Rachel resurfaced. They are established and clearly two separate characters, but Marvel keeps them separated in a shared universe as well.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Marvel keep the summers and grey family separate are dump. Before we had Cable, X-Man, Hope, Rachel, Cyclops and Havok. How many interactions were they, no many. Rachel should be in All New X-Men, guiding Jean Grey, protecting her against Emma, cuckoo's and who ever esle comes along. I hope Maddie comes back.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dayvid3

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@ageofhurricane said:

Yeah Rachel won't shut up about Jean, that's tiresome. I don't get why Hope should give a damn about Jean in particular? They are no way related right? Just both red in the head?

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dayvid3: Wouldn't you be curious to meet the person who everybody compared you to? After the stories about Jean, I'm sure Hope would have wanted to meet the real deal just to see what the fuss was about. But besides that.....i got nothing.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

They're going to pull a Venom.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dayvid3: Wouldn't you be curious to meet the person who everybody compared you to? After the stories about Jean, I'm sure Hope would have wanted to meet the real deal just to see what the fuss was about. But besides that.....i got nothing.

I guess, has anyone in the comics compared them or has it only been readers? :)

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dayvid3: Emma did if I remember correctly. I know Hope had to listen to constant stories of Jean's Phoenix stuff and that was her similarity to Hope was heavily referenced in AvX when Hope was with Logan.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

If Hope and Rachel meet the young Scott and Jean, there will be a lot more stories to exlore and relationships to explore. I heard Havok will be showing up in All new X-Men soon, meeting young Cyclops. Should be fun. Rachel should be guiding her mother.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

If Hope and Rachel meet the young Scott and Jean, there will be a lot more stories to exlore and relationships to explore. I heard Havok will be showing up in All new X-Men soon, meeting young Cyclops. Should be fun. Rachel should be guiding her mother.

Agreed-- Rachel should be a key character and would have one of the biggest responses to seeing her mother back. Remember that phase Rachel went through were she would only talk about Jean... smh.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By HexThis

I hope Young Jean will be integrated into 616 continuity fully so that Rachel can stop calling her "mommie" and stuff. I couldn't stand that, there was an issue once where Jean was plagued by nightmares of child versions of Rachel & Cable and ultimately shoved them against a wall with her telekinesis saying "I am not your mother! Your mother was an alternate reality version of me that will never come to be!" or something to that effect. And it's the the truth.

As soon as 30 year olds have 19 year old children expecting the world of them...there is seriously something very convoluted about continuity.

And, if isn't too harsh to say, won't Hope be made superfluous by a younger version of Jean Grey? That's essentially what she was until the editors screwed us over by changing their minds.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Jean, Rachel and Hope need a come to Jesus moment.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.