Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Has Cyclops's career as an X-Man finished?

• 132 results
    russia599

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By russia599
    No Caption Provided

All-New X-MenMy answer to that question would sadly be 'yes'. Cyclops, one of Xavier's first pupils has started to show signs that his career as the leader of the illustrious X-Men. The Phoenix could be blamed for his recent acts, such as killing the founding leader of the X-Men, Charles Xavier, but his recent douchebaginess has just caused me to hate this Original X-Man. The picture below shows that Cyclops, Frost and Magik may not be in the team for a lot longer and a new Brotherhood or Hellfire Club may be in the works, I personally would love to see this lineup. But please let me know what you think about this and if your'e excited for All New X-Men!!!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By John Valentine

Phoenix Cyclops is really no worse than any other possessed X-Man. He's certainly a lot better than Jean and Archangel.

smtsandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By smtsandi

Cyclops is going to go to prison....but will somehow breakout. Thats my prediction. He won't be leader anymore because...well...look what happened! He's killed and destroyed so many lives since gaining phoenix powers. How will the other X-Men trust him. I'm pretty sure some will think he isn't fit to lead them, because he just lead them straight into the ground.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By John Valentine

@smtsandi said:

Cyclops is going to go to prison....but will somehow breakout. Thats my prediction. He won't be leader anymore because...well...look what happened! He's killed and destroyed so many lives since gaining phoenix powers. How will the other X-Men trust him. I'm pretty sure some will think he isn't fit to lead them, because he just lead them straight into the ground.

He's only, personally, killed Xavier. He can hardly be held accountable for the majority of the actions of the other Phoenix 5 members.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Rickbarry

@John Valentine: He might have only killed one person, but the Rasputins are the only members of the p5 that haven't killed anyone. They just preferred letting Avengers sit in Limbo.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By John Valentine

@Rickbarry said:

@John Valentine: He might have only killed one person, but the Rasputins are the only members of the p5 that haven't killed anyone. They just preferred letting Avengers sit in Limbo.

Yep, Colossus who was also the avatar to destruction incarnate.

Anyway, what's wrong with letting the Avengers sit in Limbo? At that stage the Phoenix 5, created due to Stark's idiocy, had done nothing but good, yet the Avengers were constantly after them.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blood1991

@John Valentine said:

@Rickbarry said:

Anyway, what's wrong with letting the Avengers sit in Limbo? At that stage the Phoenix 5, created due to Stark's idiocy, had done nothing but good, yet the Avengers were constantly after them.

I for one can't blame them for not wanting to be enslaved by a cosmic entity with a history of destroying planets.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By John Valentine

@Blood1991 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Rickbarry said:

I for one can't blame them for not wanting to be enslaved by a cosmic entity with a history of destroying planets.

Only "enslaved" after constant provocation of that entity.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blood1991

@John Valentine said:

@Blood1991 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Rickbarry said:

I was talking more about the normal people. even if they were doing good the people on that planet were still slaves to them. The balance of power was non-existent. The entire Earth was at the Mercy of five people who at any moment could obliterate the planet. In fact I thought it was odd that the regular people were given no panel time to explain how THEY felt about having five gods changing the Earth.

smtsandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By smtsandi

@John Valentine:

I know but I highly doubt they are just going to let him go with a slap on the wrist even if he was controlled with the Phoenix Force. I think it would be hard for the other X-Men to trust him because he basically ran the mutants straight into the ground. A lot of the mutants are probably going to be questioning his leadership. Thats just my realistic thinking...I probably shouldn't be thinking realistically when it comes to comics.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John Valentine

@Blood1991 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Blood1991 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Rickbarry said:

I was talking more about the normal people. even if they were doing good the people on that planet were still slaves to them. The balance of power was non-existent. The entire Earth was at the Mercy of five people who at any moment could obliterate the planet. In fact I thought it was odd that the regular people were given no panel time to explain how THEY felt about having five gods changing the Earth.

Their feelings were probably masked by the fact that hunger, poverty and war were entirely eradicated. The Phoenix 5 accomplished what the Avengers had never been about to achieve, even with all of their supposed power and combined resources.

Being at the mercy of the Phoenix 5 is pretty irrelevant considering they're constantly at the mercy of nigh-omnipotent characters. A benign dictator is better than most of the threats the MU faces on an almost daily basis.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blood1991

@John Valentine said:

@Blood1991 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Blood1991 said:

@John Valentine said:

@Rickbarry said:

Their feelings were probably masked by the fact that hunger, poverty and war were entirely eradicated. The Phoenix 5 accomplished what the Avengers had never been about to achieve, even with all of their supposed power and combined resources.

Being at the mercy of the Phoenix 5 is pretty irrelevant considering they're constantly at the mercy of nigh-omnipotent characters. A benign dictator is better than most of the threats the MU faces on an almost daily basis.

It isn't natural. The world is changed by two things time and blood. If one isn't sacrificed then nothing changes. What they did isn't something I think that all people could just accept nor something that wouldn't have consequences.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By soduh2

@Blood1991: It isn't natural. The world is changed by two things time and blood. If one isn't sacrificed then nothing changes. What they did isn't something I think that all people could just accept nor something that wouldn't have consequences.

I still call BS on the "unnatural" explaination. If we had the resources the Marvel Universe had we'd face use "unnatural" means to fix problems, this isn't even including the phoenix 5 or cosmic entities.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blood1991

@soduh2 said:

@Blood1991: It isn't natural. The world is changed by two things time and blood. If one isn't sacrificed then nothing changes. What they did isn't something I think that all people could just accept nor something that wouldn't have consequences.

I still call BS on the "unnatural" explaination. If we had the resources the Marvel Universe had we'd face use "unnatural" means to fix problems, this isn't even including the phoenix 5 or cosmic entities.

That may be true in some regards, but humanity wasn't ready to accept mutants as equals and this forced it. In history is took centuries to see people of other gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation as people let alone equals. Mutant kind was making slow progress and an event like this shatters all they have worked for because they pushed to far. The target painted on their foreheads just tripled in size.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By One_Eye

@Blood1991: @smtsandi said:

@John Valentine:

I know but I highly doubt they are just going to let him go with a slap on the wrist even if he was controlled with the Phoenix Force. I think it would be hard for the other X-Men to trust him because he basically ran the mutants straight into the ground. A lot of the mutants are probably going to be questioning his leadership. Thats just my realistic thinking...I probably shouldn't be thinking realistically when it comes to comics.

I dare say that Scarlet Witch ran the mutant community into the ground given her actions of House of M. As far as the Phoenix Five, I blame Tony and one his classic "Buster" Armors which let's face it, NEVER works. It's not as though Scott, Emma, Namor, Peter, and Ilyana sought out the Phoenix Force. Truthfully, I don't feel any one person should have blame placed upon them but rather this is a time for all parties involved to sit and really reflect upon their roles in the debacle, analyze what happened, and work towards measures to ensure that such a situation can be mitigated.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Osian2

@Blood1991 said:

@soduh2 said:

That may be true in some regards, but humanity wasn't ready to accept mutants as equals and this forced it. In history is took centuries to see people of other gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation as people let alone equals. Mutant kind was making slow progress and an event like this shatters all they have worked for because they pushed to far. The target painted on their foreheads just tripled in size.

The thing is though that we haven't seen any reaction from the human population at all. The only people we were shown that opposed the P5 were the Avengers and the president of America. Reed Richards had taken a "wait and see" approach and I think there were some construction workers in Legacy that appreciated the help from Rogue.

What did the other nations think of the P5? What about every other superhero who isn't an Avenger/X-man? The Fantastic Four? Dr Doom? Where the hell did SHIELD go after issue 1? Did those PR statement from Kate Kildare have any effect at all?

Considering that the P5 were supposed to be a threat to the entire planet why did only a handfull of superheroes oppose them?

Edit: history has shown us anything it's that mutants will never be accepted, even their future is always apocalyptic.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By evilvegeta74

I hope Cyke kicks some more a-- in 616, much of it!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Blood1991

@Osian2 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@soduh2 said:

The thing is though that we haven't seen any reaction from the human population at all. The only people we were shown that opposed the P5 were the Avengers and the president of America. Reed Richards had taken a "wait and see" approach and I think there were some construction workers in Legacy that appreciated the help from Rogue.

What did the other nations think of the P5? What about every other superhero who isn't an Avenger/X-man? The Fantastic Four? Dr Doom? Where the hell did SHIELD go after issue 1? Did those PR statement from Kate Kildare have any effect at all?

Considering that the P5 were supposed to be a threat to the entire planet why did only a handfull of superheroes oppose them?

Edit: history has shown us anything it's that mutants will never be accepted, even their future is always apocalyptic.

That is what I am curious about. I wanted to see a more human reaction to this. In a theoretical view point mutants would have been "eventually" accepted based on what we know from history. In the Marvel Universe we have not seen mutants in a future with peace, but what could a writer really do with that? An apocalyptic future sells much better. What we do know is that someone with Godlike power forcing change doesn't work, House of M proved that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, the writers will come up with a reason why he is accepted again just as moronic as the reasons he got to this point. Look at the past decade where numerous characters have been portrayed out of character and complete and utter a$$holes, only to be welcomed back into the fold with no dissent as soon as the writers feel like it.

Cap and Iron Man forced the Marvel U into Civil War and no one seems to remember and/or care at this point

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Osian2

@John Valentine said:

Phoenix Cyclops is really no worse than any other possessed X-Man. He's certainly a lot better than Jean and Archangel.

This^^

Angel worked with Apocalypse to conquer the world and thanks to Tabula Rasa thousands died.

Jean was worse she has the blood of billions on her hands.

How many has Wolverine killed while being possessed?

Scott provided free food, water and energy and killed one man.

Yet somehow Cyclops is evil and must pay for his villainous ways.

I really wish Cap finished his "you're under arrest" speech in AVX just to know what he was gonna charge him with.

The_Grey_Queen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Grey_Queen

A Brotherhood and a new Hellfire Club are already been in the works and have been published already. my main concern is the fact that when the past meets their present it's going to get ugly. however i wouldn't picking up a copy, sounds like a good story to me.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John Valentine

@Osian2 said:

@John Valentine said:

This^^

Angel worked with Apocalypse to conquer the world and thanks to Tabula Rasa thousands died.

I really wish Cap finished his "you're under arrest" speech in AVX just to know what he was gonna charge him with.

Exactly.

Archangel, as Apocalypse, wiped out an entire town to make room for Tabula Rasa.

Jean, as Phoenix, wiped out an entire planet (or more? I can't remember). Killing billions.

To my knowledge, Wolverine's been possessed twice in the last seven years. The first time he killed Northstar. This is not to mention the number of times he goes feral.

When the Scarlet Witch decimated mutant-kind, she probably killed thousands of mutants whose bodies could no longer survive given the nature of their previous mutations. Not to mention the three people she killed out (Hawkeye, Scott Lang etc). Where was the retribution?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Brazen_Intellect said:

No, the writers will come up with a reason why he is accepted again just as moronic as the reasons he got to this point. Look at the past decade where numerous characters have been portrayed out of character and complete and utter a$$holes, only to be welcomed back into the fold with no dissent as soon as the writers feel like it.

Cap and Iron Man forced the Marvel U into Civil War and no one seems to remember and/or care at this point

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@John Valentine said:

@Osian2 said:

@John Valentine said:

This^^

Exactly.

Archangel, as Apocalypse, wiped out an entire town to make room for Tabula Rasa.

Jean, as Phoenix, wiped out an entire planet (or more? I can't remember). Killing billions.

To my knowledge, Wolverine's been possessed twice in the last seven years. The first time he killed Northstar. This is not to mention the number of times he goes feral.

When the Scarlet Witch decimated mutant-kind, she probably killed thousands of mutants whose bodies could no longer survive given the nature of their previous mutations. Not to mention the three people she killed out (Hawkeye, Scott Lang etc). Where was the retribution?

Lol. Wolverine as killed more than the average villians in the MU.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Nothing that has happened with Cyclops in recent history matters at all.

With Bendis bringing the original X-team into the present day (including young Cyclops) the future (our present) is now a fluid concept.

Young Cyclops has the benefit of seeing what actions his future self has taken, and thus, may not make those same choices.

The same is true for Angel (who became a horseman of Apocalypse), Jean Grey (who died..a lot), Beast (who didn't used to be furry and ape/cat like), and Iceman (who will realize that accounting is awful).

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Osian2

@Crash_Recovery said:

Nothing that has happened with Cyclops in recent history matters at all.

With Bendis bringing the original X-team into the present day (including young Cyclops) the future (our present) is now a fluid concept.

Young Cyclops has the benefit of seeing what actions his future self has taken, and thus, may not make those same choices.

The same is true for Angel (who became a horseman of Apocalypse), Jean Grey (who died..a lot), Beast (who didn't used to be furry and ape/cat like), and Iceman (who will realize that accounting is awful).

The funny thing is that Cyclops, Warren, Bobby and Jean will be able to make different choices but Hank is still gonna end up blue.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Aiden Cross

nah, he'll be back.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By fodigg

Nah. Cyclops has been killed off before and came back.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Darkmount1

I still stand by my theory that the reason he became so militaristic is that (before the whole Phoenix mess) he still had some of the uber-aggressive 'survival of the fittest' mentality left as an echo from his time being merged with Apocalypse.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Why do the writers hate Cyclops sooo much? Give the guy a break, sheesh.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Madame_Mist

As Leader, most definitely.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By feebadger

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Being enormously optimistic for a second, i think that it is only a truly great and interesting character that allows a writer to f*#k with him so much. So let's just take a moment to realise that, as Marvel push Cyclops to the point of murdering a bus full of new born children, he is also becoming the greatest Marvel character of all time...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By TDK_1997

I don't think his career has ended.He was under the control of the Phoenix and he can't be blaimed for what he did.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By Inverno

If he doesn't die I don't think he should remain a leader after this. He become a massive douchebag in later years because of the role of leadership pushing him over the edge, they might as well give him a break.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@CaioTrubat said:

If he doesn't die I don't think he should remain a leader after this. He become a massive douchebag in later years because of the role of leadership pushing him over the edge, they might as well give him a break.

I don't get why people think Cyclops has become a douchebag? He really hasn't he had to make hard decisions that no one else was willing to make. He brought all of mutant kind together and tried his best to protect them and lead them into a brighter future. When people bring up Cyclops reassembling X-Force who cares? That team stopped a handful of horrible people who were out to kill the mutant race. Mutants have always been a target for people, Cyclops was doing what needed to be done to save his race. *sigh* As for him and the Phoenix Force, Cyclops did not want it for himself he wanted it for Hope because he believed HOPE could control it and save mutant kind. It was Starks fault that it split into five, and no ordinary person would be able to control the Phoenix Force, so yeah of course it was bound to go south, but the P5 did attempt to change the world, but like always the PF corrupts all. AND I don't even want to get started about the fact Captain America made his "you're under arrest" speech. Go away already Cap.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@IllyanaRasputin: I think we should just let people think he is a d-bag. He gets the job done regardless and there is no escaping that.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37  Edited By Deranged Midget

@god_spawn: It's amusing that people constantly fail to realize that a leader has to sacrifice things that he holds dear for the betterment of his people.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By csguterres

Cyclops career as an X-Man may be over.

But his career itself is far from over.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#39  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Deranged Midget: Scott said it the best.

No Caption Provided

And they forget he masks everything.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By Deranged Midget

@god_spawn: Scott <3

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#41  Edited By DATNIGGA

@smtsandi: if hero's can trust & forgive people like magneto, gambit, Professor x, Emma frost, wolverine, namor, hulk, iron man or SCARLET WITCH

They can totally forgive Cyclops

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@feebadger said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Being enormously optimistic for a second, i think that it is only a truly great and interesting character that allows a writer to f*#k with him so much. So let's just take a moment to realise that, as Marvel push Cyclops to the point of murdering a bus full of new born children, he is also becoming the greatest Marvel character of all time...

I guess you're right. It takes an in-depth character to do what he has done. The way I see it, Cyclops has four ways of coming out of AVX. One he dies (probably by Wolverine which is a big slap in the face to Wolvy haters like myself), two, he gets booted from the X-Men (he will for sure not be leading them anymore), three, he becomes a super villain (maybe with a small fraction of the X-Men by his side... I might like this) or four, he somehow gets his sh*t together and saves everyone before it's too late thus righting his wrongs and making everything ok again. A huge part of me would like it to be the last one, but a bigger part of me wants long term consequences to spring from these event books. I just hate that it had to be Cyclops.

antemiusenteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By antemiusenteri

@John Valentine:

that is arguable , Jean and Angel never had a choice as to what happened to them but cyclops knew what the phoenix was capable of and he still sought it out , he was going to force hope into accepting it , and when he got possessed ,while he was still in control choose to keep the phoenix ,

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lykopis

Here's my take.

Cyclops wanted to harness the Phoenix Force, willing to have a young girl he was so concerned about become infused with it. A force that has killed billions. Let alone his soon-to-be-divorced from wife (although I prefer to think Scott and Jean as best friends at the end).

How anyone could blame Tony Stark for having the Phoenix split into five? These Five were welcoming it --- waiting for it --- were probably more than excited to accept its power for themselves. A lot of arrogance there. So you can't hold someone faultless for accepting something that everyone around them was screaming would possibly destroy the world.

Its like I offered you a pill and say "Hey, this is probably going to make you feel really powerful and do some really stupid stuff because of it," and you take it anyway because you feel you can handle it.

Or let's use gambling. So many of your friends' lives have been devastated by it -- but you go ahead and start gambling because nah --- it won't happen to you and besides, the mortgage is up on the farm. You gotta do it, right?

Right.

So -- I sound like I am bashing Cyclops but truly, I'm not. His tete a tete with Jean on the moon a ways back pretty much spelled out his fate. Having him kill Professor Xavier? Of course. The whole father/son student/mentor ridiculousness that makes for good angst. Cyclops' character has been constantly sacrificed to move the story along --- low blow insults to other mutants - Atlas complex and other martyr-like ridiculousness that is completely unnecessary.

As for other mutants who have killed millions/billions/gazillions -- they were not in control -- they were not themselves -- how much clearer do the writers need to be when they want to brush under the rug ridiculous plot-lines that ruined the characters? With Cyclops, its an excruciatingly long process, like fingernails on a chalkboard for the past year (and more) and frankly, I am sick of it. Put him out of his misery and make him a horrific and awesome villain. Make him go to town because I would rather see that than see him spend the next two years grovelling and trying to make up for what he's "done".

I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen, however.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

All this gets swept under the rug.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By feebadger

@NlGHTCRAWLER: @lykopis: I would agree with the villain outcome and think that this would work the best, but what throws a curve ball in this, is teh original X Men returning to the Marvel universe (an idea which i hate and which really shows a creative bankruptcy at Marvel to me). Any way, my own opinion aside, to you think this storyline changes your guys outlook any on the current Cyclops outcome? If there is a young, fresh Cyclops to play with, will they just kill the corrupted, convoluted older one? Or is it more interesting to have the younger Cyclops face down his far more complex, all powerful future self?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lykopis

So help me if they kill off Cyclops because of his younger counter-part (is that even right to title him, lol?)

I would like to see the uncorrupted Cyclops do battle with his older, but in the sense, bringing him back into the fold type thing? Not kill him

Not.

Kill.

Him

O_O

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@lykopis said:

So help me if they kill off Cyclops because of his younger counter-part (is that even right to title him, lol?)

I would like to see the uncorrupted Cyclops do battle with his older, but in the sense, bringing him back into the fold type thing? Not kill him

Not.

Kill.

Him

O_O

(Nooo! I just wrote a huge paragraph in response to your first post but when I sent it, it somehow died. :/)

Are you referring to the Marvel Now! thing? I still have no idea what's going on with that. I hear it's a reboot and then I hear it's mixing two universes in one..... ionno haha

If New Cyclops kills or replaces Current Cyclops I quit comics. This is a promise.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@feebadger said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: @lykopis: I would agree with the villain outcome and think that this would work the best, but what throws a curve ball in this, is teh original X Men returning to the Marvel universe (an idea which i hate and which really shows a creative bankruptcy at Marvel to me). Any way, my own opinion aside, to you think this storyline changes your guys outlook any on the current Cyclops outcome? If there is a young, fresh Cyclops to play with, will they just kill the corrupted, convoluted older one? Or is it more interesting to have the younger Cyclops face down his far more complex, all powerful future self?

Well... I hated when Nightcrawler was replaced with AOA Nightcrawler, so I doubt I will like this. Now that you mention it, I don't think it's a coincidence that the younger X-Men are visiting the 616 Marvelverse just when things are starting to fall apart with the current X-Men.

I honestly would rather have the whole Jean Grey return and Bishop's prophecy about Hope explored more as opposed to to replacements of the original X-Men with their past selves. (Cyclops, Jean)

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By John Valentine

@antemiusenteri said:

@John Valentine:

that is arguable , Jean and Angel never had a choice as to what happened to them but cyclops knew what the phoenix was capable of and he still sought it out , he was going to force hope into accepting it , and when he got possessed ,while he was still in control choose to keep the phoenix ,

Yeah, it's the Avengers' fault he got possessed, namely Stark's. Second to that, I'm not sure one can just give up the Phoenix.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.