Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Has anyone played "X-Men: The Fall of the Mutants"?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I'm currently trying to track down a copy of this game since it looks awesome. Between the 15 character lineup, the setting of the game and how awesome retro graphics look, I'm curious if anyone knows where it can be purchased and perhaps emulated. If you are not aware of the game, there were 2 X-Men games released for the computer, of which "Fall of the Mutants" was the second. The lineup included X-Factor and X-Men characters against Freedom Force and The Adversary. It's very rough around the edges, but it is one of the few games that has Dazzler, Longshot, Marvel Girl, Phoenix/Rachel Summers, Havok, Shadowcat, and British Psylocke. After defeating The Adversary, you rescue Forge and Storm.

The interesting part about this game was that it imposed a time limit, so it resembled the more scrappy nature of the early '90s era of stories, where adventures typically covered the idea of survival and more rough-and-tumble brawls versus the splash pages of today's era. You have a one week period to find and defeat two major villains in order to move to the next level, and there was a day and night cycle. Each character had a light and a heavy attack, with the energy wielders able to throw blasts and flying characters able to take to the air. In tough battles, an ally can come to the aid of the X-Man who is engaged with a boss to assist them, so you could double team an enemy.

It kind of reminds me of the craptastic "X-Men" game for the NES, except the graphics are actually better.

http://www.scary-crayon.com/games/xmen2/

By the way, if anyone knows where I can find "The Ravages of Apocalypse", I'd be greatly appreciative. That games looks hilarious. I have no idea why Marvel wanted you to gun down Storm, Cyclops, Psylocke and the others.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By UltraBiel
    No Caption Provided

I Loved this game as kid, but I had no idea how they called it!

I remember using Psylocke Always because she could attack from very far with her mutant abilities!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.