GREATEST BATTLES

#1 Posted by Knifes (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering what you think would be a great battle (between xmen and their enemys) and/or battles that have already happen that to you went down in the hall of fame.

I think some of the battles with juggernaut and colossus were the best.

#2 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved when Wolverine, colossus and Juggernaut were in the bar. Juggernaut was out of costume and whipped Colossus butt. Colossus gained some respect and wolverine let them fight it out. The writing, art, everything was awesome.

#3 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved one where they were facing Juggernaut and all of a sudden Nimrod showed up and started schooling all of them, only to finally lose to Rogue after she combined everyone's powers.

#4 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see a great battle between Omega Red, Victor Creed, and Logan. If done correctly it would be a barn burner.

#5 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

the latest battle between Wolverine and SAbertooth but i would like to see Colossus againts Cyber

#6 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Rated R Superstar says:

"I would like to see a great battle between Omega Red, Victor Creed, and Logan. If done correctly it would be a barn burner."

Man I would just like to thank you for calling wolverine logan. Truly it does my heart good to hear his real name used. In my comic mind James Howelett (or however it is spelled) is just an alternate reality wolverine that somehow got transferred to our dimension. Any day now Logan will come back and all will be right.

#7 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Rated R Superstar says:
"I would like to see a great battle between Omega Red, Victor Creed, and Logan. If done correctly it would be a barn burner."
Man I would just like to thank you for calling wolverine logan. Truly it does my heart good to hear his real name used. In my comic mind James Howelett (or however it is spelled) is just an alternate reality wolverine that somehow got transferred to our dimension. Any day now Logan will come back and all will be right."

Yeah they really $#@!'d up his origin if you ask me. I liked it better when he didnt know about his past or why he has a blood fued with Creed.

#8 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Wolverine and Sabretooth hunting each other through New York in a series of fights where the winner leaves the other for dead only to start up again once they have healed.

#9 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"How about Wolverine and Sabretooth hunting each other through New York in a series of fights where the winner leaves the other for dead only to start up again once they have healed."

That could be good. Would you have the cops get involved eventually, and have them hunting the two "crazed" lunatics fighting in the streets.

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

James Howlett is a Skrull.

#11 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"James Howlett is a Skrull."

I can totally buy that. Where is wolverine? Kidnapped and drugged in some research facility 2 miles underground? Or is wolverine kidnapped by the skrulls?

#12 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Forever says:
"How about Wolverine and Sabretooth hunting each other through New York in a series of fights where the winner leaves the other for dead only to start up again once they have healed."
That could be good. Would you have the cops get involved eventually, and have them hunting the two "crazed" lunatics fighting in the streets. "

Definitely. I might even have the action spill into some other comics like Spider-Man and Daredevil. Make it a minor event.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Buckshot says:

I can totally buy that. Where is wolverine? Kidnapped and drugged in some research facility 2 miles underground? Or is wolverine kidnapped by the skrulls?"

I got it. He's a Skrull, but to make sure no one ever found out, the other Skrulls gave him memory implants and messed him up just like Logan, so not only does he think he's the real Wolverine, he's just as !@#$ed up in the head. All the memories he thinks he got back about being James are just another layer of false memories. They gave him adamantium too to make the trick more real. The Starjammers, now led by Havok, are going to find and rescue the real Wolverine from the Skrulls and unleash him on his imposter.
Post Edited:2007-07-05 19:48:35

#14 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Valkaad says:
"Buckshot says:
I can totally buy that. Where is wolverine? Kidnapped and drugged in some research facility 2 miles underground? Or is wolverine kidnapped by the skrulls?"
I got it. He's a Skrull, but to make sure no one ever found out, the other Skrulls gave him memory implants and messed him up just like Logan, so not only does he think he's the real Wolverine, he's just as !@#$ed up in the head. All the memories he thinks he got back about being James are just another layer of false memories. They gave him adamantium too to make the trick more real. The Starjammers, now led by Havok, are going to find and rescue the real Wolverine from the Skrulls and unleash him on his imposter.
Post Edited:2007-07-05 19:48:35"

That would actually be great Buck. James Howlett needs to go.

#15 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Valkaad says:
"Buckshot says:
I got it. He's a Skrull, but to make sure no one ever found out, the other Skrulls gave him memory implants and messed him up just like Logan, so not only does he think he's the real Logan, he just as !@#$ed up in the head. They gave him adamantium too to make the trick more real. The Starjammers, now led by Havok, are going to find and rescue the real Wolverine from the Skrulls and unleash him on his imposter."
So all of skrull howelett's memories are "false" memories. He is remembering things that never happened!
Post Edited:2007-07-05 19:51:35
#16 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Valkaad says:
"Buckshot says:
Post Edited:2007-07-05 19:48:35"

I wish you would make an rpg. You got skillz.

#17 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the whole marvel mutant massacre with the xmen fighting the hellfire club, nimrod, the marauders and the sentinels.

#18 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto vs. Charles. Seriously, I always wanted them two go at it.

#19 Posted by Knifes (17 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that the fight of clossus and cyber would be a darn good one So of us should get together and rpg some of these fights out make for some good storys like logan against james.....

#20 Posted by Fancy Creed (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I really love just about all the battles between Sabretooth and Wolverine. There's just so much Hatred that you can actually feel it when you read in the comics or watch it on the shows.

The other one that I liked was Magneto vs. Joesph. (His alter self)

#21 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

i want to see all the weapon x misfits go head to head

#22 Posted by jhazzroucher (14744 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm vs Magneto would be an awesome battle but I don't think it will happen since Magneto is now a hero.

#23 Posted by BullPR (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@valkaad said:

I loved when Wolverine, colossus and Juggernaut were in the bar. Juggernaut was out of costume and whipped Colossus butt. Colossus gained some respect and wolverine let them fight it out. The writing, art, everything was awesome.

Funny, because for me, this battle is a big miss: the intrusion of the X-Men in civil prevented a fight between Selene and Juggernaut that would have been great!

I still don't know what would have been the outcome of this fight.

#24 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4198 posts) - - Show Bio

in no particular order:

X-men vs. Casandra Nova's Hellfire Club (from Astonishing X-Men 13-18, Torn)

X-men vs Mystique's Brotherhod (any time, but especially The Uncanny X-Men #142 - Mind Out of Time! and #178 - Hell Hath No Fury... )

X-men vs Proteus (from the-x-men-125-theres-something-awful-on-muir-island)

X-men vs Magneto (especially The Uncanny X-Men #150 - I, Magneto, X-Men #1 - Rubicon and Fatal Attractions)

X-men vs. Break World (from Astonishing X-Men: Unstoppable)

Wolverine vs. Beast (in Astonishing X-Men: Gifted and Torn)

Storm vs. Cyclops (from The Uncanny X-Men #201 - Duel)

Storm vs. Calisto (from The Uncanny X-Men #170 - Dancin' in the Dark)

Colossus vs. Juggernaut (from The Uncanny X-Men #183 - He'll never make me cry, love this issue!)

X-men vs. Juggernaut vs. Nimrod (from The Uncanny X-Men #194 - Juggernaut's Back In Town)

X-men vs. Hellfire Club vs. Nimrod (from The Uncanny X-Men #208 and #209)

X-men vs. X-men vs. the Shadow King (from the Muir Island Saga)

X-men vs. the Acolytes (The Uncanny X-Men #300 - Legacies)

Storm and Gambit vs. The Phalanx (The Uncanny X-Men #312 and #313)

X-men vs. Cassandra Nova (from New X-Men: Imperial)

those are probably my favorites.

#25 Posted by Chapmar (189 posts) - - Show Bio

I will always love the X-men vs Magneto, X-men #25 I think? It was a proper no holes barred battle, Wolverine gets his Skeleton ripped out and Magneto gets his mind wiped!

#26 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4198 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

I will always love the X-men vs Magneto, X-men #25 I think? It was a proper no holes barred battle, Wolverine gets his Skeleton ripped out and Magneto gets his mind wiped!

Yeah, X-Men #25 - Fatal Attractions Part 4: Dreams Fade. I still think of Fatal Attractions as the last story I like with Magneto as a proper villain, it should have been the last one.

I also really like the build up to this issue in The Uncanny X-Men #300 - #304 ,great story all around.

#27 Edited by Rickbarry (1746 posts) - - Show Bio

A hammered Colossus and Juggernaut rumble always finishes near the top in my opinion.

Bar Fight!

#28 Posted by poisonfleur (2928 posts) - - Show Bio

HANDS DOWN!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.