Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Gays and X-men

• 138 results
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Pania says:

"Yeah, but that doesn't automatically mean that everyone who is spiritual is homophobic. Actually the most spiritual people I have met don't have a problem with homosexuality. It's the shallow religious nut-jobs that like to do God's job for him that make issues out what other people do in their bedrooms. Probably just like any other form of predjudice, they are insecure and feel the need to put other down for this or that reason. As one person I heard put it, "With a 50% divorce rate, the only reason the Christian Right is opposed to Gay Marriage is because they're worried gay people might do marriage better than they do." "

I doesn't but i'm not saying it does.Everyone is so uptight about it.All i'm saying is that it's not completely outlandish that someone who is religious is a homophobe.I'm not trying to say all people who are religious are homophobes and all religions preach against it.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By IcePrince_X

Guys and gals! Point of reference Being Spiritual is different from Being Religious. Spiritual is a personal experience how you deal with you understanding of yourself towards your understanding of life and with your Creator while being religious is an act of doing your spiritual duty or formed habit that plays meaning or no meaning in your life but you just do it.

For example going to church, is a religious duty but it does not mean it is a spiritual experience. While you may not be going to church but you are doing good and it makes you a better person and learn to love more than hate may be a spiritual experience for you.

So when it comes to homophobia it is more on a religion basis and not a spiritual reasoning. True understanding of love does not limit itself on flesh alone but on the soul as well. Gay people may see their partners not on their gender but their character and personality.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By Pania

Well, you tried to make the automatic connection that Nightcrawler=religious=homophobe, so you can see why people thought you were making that assumption that you were trying to say that religion=homophobia.

Some people are homophobes just because they're dicks.

Post Edited:2008-03-17 20:00:08

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By IcePrince_X

Pania says:

"Well, you tried to make the automatic connection that Nightcrawler=religious=homophobe, so you can see why people thought you were making that assumption that you were trying to say that religion=homophobia.Some people are homophobes just because they're dicks.
    Post Edited:2008-03-17 20:00:08"

The weird thing about this scenario is that Nightcrawler looks like a demon and has been ever been frawned upon by alot of people, even by Kitty Pryde at the begining, because of the way he looks. So, I guess putting Nightcrawler in that position doesn't fit his character, he for one should understand how it feels. I do not believe that he is capable of being homophobic.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

IcePrince_X says:

"Pania says:
    "Well, you tried to make the automatic connection that Nightcrawler=religious=homophobe, so you can see why people thought you were making that assumption that you were trying to say that religion=homophobia. Some people are homophobes just because they're dicks.
    Post Edited:2008-03-17 20:00:08"
    The weird thing about this scenario is that Nightcrawler looks like a demon and has been ever been frawned upon by alot of people, even by Kitty Pryde at the begining, because of the way he looks. So, I guess putting Nightcrawler in that position doesn't fit his character, he for one should understand how it feels. I do not believe that he is capable of being homophobic."

If you saw Nightcrawler you wouldn't like him either.He looks like a demon.It's not the same as being frowned upon because you are attracted to the same sex.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Pania

'Xactly. 616 Kurt learned early on (from both is his looks and the fact he was raised in a circus, which is usually a collection of very eccentric people) to judge people by the content of their character. He worked with Jean-Paul several times without even mentioning his sexual orientation (I don't think he knows about X'ian.)

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pania

Vance Astro says:

If you saw Nightcrawler you wouldn't like him either.He looks like a demon.It's not the same as being frowned upon because you are attracted to the same sex."

I dunno, I think Kurt is pretty hot. I think Hank is even more hot.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Resonate

pixelized says:

"I find it funny how people can read a comic like the x-men per say and just be like, "oh my gosh i cant believe they would hate someone because they were born different," and yet, that same person will look at homosexuality and utterly despise it with no problem...makes me laugh"

haha maybe so, but people will always see homosexuality in the wrong light. It's not so much as they're born different at all, it's that those people had some kind of experience that forced them into that kind of mentality

Maybe they got their heart broken seriously by the opposite sex when they were children and they decided to do that, or maybe blah,blah,blah

either way, I could really care less as Wiccan and Collossus (UC) are still awesome

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Resonate

Methos says:

"yeah, but the homophobia isn't as bad as it once was... nowdays being homosexual isn't as bad as it once was, true it's got a long way to go until it's firmly accepted but to be honest i have no problem with it... M"

as long as they don't get too close to me, I feel mthe same way lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Pania says:

"Vance Astro says:
    If you saw Nightcrawler you wouldn't like him either.He looks like a demon.It's not the same as being frowned upon because you are attracted to the same sex."
    I dunno, I think Kurt is pretty hot. I think Hank is even more hot. "

That's because he's a drawing.I don't think you would be so open minded if you saw a blue man with glowing eyes creeping out of the darkness.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Pania

Vance Astro says:

That's because he's a drawing.I don't think you would be so open minded if you saw a blue man with glowing eyes creeping out of the darkness."

You don't know me. ;-)

I might be startled, probably think he was with cirque de soeil or something, but I wouldn't hate him on sight. Gawd knows after he opens his mouth Kurt is so charming that any hesitation I may feel initially would be quickly dispelled.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Pania

Hey, I used to live in Los Angeles. You get used to the weird pretty quick living there. If Eddie Izzard, wearing full drag, asked me out, I'd say "yes" in a heartbeat.
    Post Edited:2008-03-17 20:29:58

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Pania says:

"Hey, I used to live in Los Angeles. You get used to the weird pretty quick living there. If Eddie Izzard, wearing full drag, asked me out, I'd say "yes" in a heartbeat.
    Post Edited:2008-03-17 20:29:58"

A man in drag isn't the same as a blue man with pointed ears,3 toes and fingers and glowing eyes.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Pania

Yeah, the blue man with pointed ears,3 toes and fingers and glowing eyes has better fashion sense. chuckle

Look, some people just don't factor in looks as much as others when it comes to interacting with people. Being afraid of Kurt because of how he looks would be the same as being afraid of all Black people or all Asian people because they look different than I do. I mean, take it to the logical extreme, am I going to hate all brunettes because they don't look like I do? How silly is that?

So looks are just not a big thing for me.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By pixelized

Resonate says:

"pixelized says:
    "I find it funny how people can read a comic like the x-men per say and just be like, "oh my gosh i cant believe they would hate someone because they were born different," and yet, that same person will look at homosexuality and utterly despise it with no problem...makes me laugh"
    haha maybe so, but people will always see homosexuality in the wrong light. It's not so much as they're born different at all, it's that those people had some kind of experience that forced them into that kind of mentality Maybe they got their heart broken seriously by the opposite sex when they were children and they decided to do that, or maybe blah,blah,blah either way, I could really care less as Wiccan and Collossus (UC) are still awesome"

I believe people were born gay....you cant say someone was "forced into that mentality" that would mean that every gay person had to have experienced trauma in order to be gay

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Pania

Yeah, most people who are homosexual have their orientation figured out by the time they hit puberty, a lot of them even younger. It's an innate thing, not causal.

Sinistron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Sinistron

zee crusher says:

"??? Thats a story line not real life."

ARE YOU JUSTIFITYING HATE

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By Korg

I think this is where a lot of conflict comes from. I believe you can be born gay, or become gay later in life. It's standing by one idea and rejecting the other that leads to so much misunderstanding and conflict.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By pixelized

Korg says:

"I think this is where a lot of conflict comes from. I believe you can be born gay, or become gay later in life. It's standing by one idea and rejecting the other that leads to so much misunderstanding and conflict."

I dont think you can become gay later...i think a person has always been gay, its just not till later in life that they decide to act on it

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Pania

I can't speak from experience, by one of my best friend's father was gay. He just stayed in the closet, got married and had a family like he was "supposed to" until he finally couldn't take it any more.

It may be a situation like that, or it maybe that the person was in denial to him/herself as well.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By pixelized

Korg says:

"And there's where the conflict starts. If you met someone who was gay, and they told you they had become gay at some point in their life, would you tell them they were wrong? What if they told you they chose to be gay? Are they not gay because they don't meet your definition of the word? These questions don't have to be answered, I just want to put some viewpoints out there."

I just dont see how someone "becomes gay" you dont roll out of bed one morning and wake up gay. lol

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Pania

Korg says:

"And there's where the conflict starts. If you met someone who was gay, and they told you they had become gay at some point in their life, would you tell them they were wrong? What if they told you they chose to be gay? Are they not gay because they don't meet your definition of the word? These questions don't have to be answered, I just want to put some viewpoints out there."

I don't think it any of my business to judge. I mean, they're gay. If they're happy and not hurting anyone, what does it matter when or where they were when they realized/became it? Honestly, why should anyone but them care?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#74  Edited By Korg

And there's where the conflict starts. If you met someone who was gay, and they told you they had become gay at some point in their life, would you tell them they were wrong? What if they told you they chose to be gay? Are they not gay because they don't meet your definition of the word? These questions don't have to be answered, I just want to put some viewpoints out there.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By pixelized

Pania says:

"Korg says:
    I don't think it any of my business to judge. I mean, they're gay. If they're happy and not hurting anyone, what does it matter when or where they were when they realized/became it? Honestly, why should anyone but them care? "

No one is condeming or saying anything ill about being gay...its just the whole, someone rolls out of bed and decides to be gay...lol idk

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Pania

I think you can roll out of bed and realize that you are. It isn't so much a "decision" as "Hey, wait a minute, I think I'm gay. I think I've been gay all along and just didn't realize it."

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By pixelized

thats what i was saying. People have been gay and just didnt act on it till later on in life

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By pixelized

Apparition says:

"pixelized says:
    and who does that?"

I was reading it in the young avengers. Someone wrote in Saying how much they liked Wiccan and then they discovered he was gay and they wanted nothing to do with it any longer

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Apparition

pixelized says:

and who does that?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Apparition

pixelized says:

"Apparition says:
    "pixelized says:
    and who does that?"
    I was reading it in the young avengers. Someone wrote in Saying how much they liked Wiccan and then they discovered he was gay and they wanted nothing to do with it any longer"

ahhhhh. well you know how people are hypocritical. people only believe in what they believe in. and most wont even recognize when they're being hypotcrits.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By pixelized

Agreed

Rolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Rolen

Post Deleted.

Rolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Rolen

there will always be people who hate what they dont understand or fear what they dont know, thats pretty much life in general. the fear they feel is based on real fears that people have. not knowing or understanding something will always be worse then any weapon or monster that may one day try and destroy the human race. because of this racism, sexcism, ageism, and pretty much any other word with ism in it, will win over good old common sense.

well thats just my thoughts about it anyway.

peace

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Resonate

pixelized says:

"I believe people were born gay....you cant say someone was "forced into that mentality" that would mean that every gay person had to have experienced trauma in order to be gay "

no, you're not born anything but a child. Maybe there is some divine force that sets out a destiny for you, but until you get old enough to think about being different and go against the flow, then their isn't any way to prove that most all gay people weren't in soem kind of trauma

we all have our stories, and I'm sure gay people just wouldn't like to share theirs, as others still consider them freaks

Celestrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Celestrion

I used to be Gay, I'm bi now....

DC gonna love this one, girls over here!!!WHOOP WHOOP

DC runnin over here WHOOP WHOOP!!

Celestrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Celestrion

Rolen says:

"there will always be people who hate what they dont understand or fear what they dont know, thats pretty much life in general. the fear they feel is based on real fears that people have. not knowing or understanding something will always be worse then any weapon or monster that may one day try and destroy the human race. because of this racism, sexcism, ageism, and pretty much any other word with ism in it, will win over good old common sense. well thats just my thoughts about it anyway. peace "

Now where is that Bible nobody who was quoting us scripture 24/7 a couple days ago.....lol This is the guy to tell him somethin.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By pixelized

Resonate says:

"pixelized says:
    " I believe people were born gay....you cant say someone was "forced into that mentality" that would mean that every gay person had to have experienced trauma in order to be gay "
    no, you're not born anything but a child. Maybe there is some divine force that sets out a destiny for you, but until you get old enough to think about being different and go against the flow, then their isn't any way to prove that most all gay people weren't in soem kind of trauma we all have our stories, and I'm sure gay people just wouldn't like to share theirs, as others still consider them freaks"

"Your not born anything but a child," True, but we still have likes and dislikes. We are all born with likes and dislikes, one baby may prefer applesauce over peas. I think perferring a Penis over a Vagina is the same thing

Celestrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Celestrion

pixelized says:

"Resonate says:
    "pixelized says:
    " I believe people were born gay....you cant say someone was "forced into that mentality" that would mean that every gay person had to have experienced trauma in order to be gay "
    no, you're not born anything but a child. Maybe there is some divine force that sets out a destiny for you, but until you get old enough to think about being different and go against the flow, then their isn't any way to prove that most all gay people weren't in soem kind of trauma we all have our stories, and I'm sure gay people just wouldn't like to share theirs, as others still consider them freaks"
    "Your not born anything but a child," True, but we still have likes and dislikes. We are all born with likes and dislikes, one baby may prefer applesauce over peas. I think perferring a Penis over a Vagina is the same thing"

Baby's arn't born with a conscience it grows with them by time, so they can't prefer anything, the divine laws makes it.

If a baby is about to get run over by a car, it will only cry because of the noise the car makes not the fact thats it's life is to be taken away. Time is the human essence, in reality their is no such thing as time we just created that word so that we can feel as if were in control of the settings of the universe, such example...sundials were first created. The Sun rising and setting was never time but law, it's what it was naturally able to do, time doesn't really exsist yet we still live in it.....interesting.

Sorry, sidetracked alittle...

but back to the main part.preferring a penis and vagina isn't the same thing, one was to be taken, and the other was to be the taker. That doesn't mean that the body wasn't meant for other purposes, Scientist are still trynna figure out if a man can really get prgnant...most Heterosexuals would think no, but If(Refering to the bible) Adam did it to create Eve why can't we do it....Interesting Fact.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By pixelized

A baby cries when it eats peas but laughs when it eats Applesauce therefore showing its prefrence of applesauce over peas. I dont understand how you'd need a conscience in order to like or dislike something

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By pixelized

Warlock360 says:

"pixelized says:
    "Resonate says:
    "pixelized says:
    "Your not born anything but a child," True, but we still have likes and dislikes. We are all born with likes and dislikes, one baby may prefer applesauce over peas. I think perferring a Penis over a Vagina is the same thing"
    But not in a sexual way, no baby can locate his own penis! c'mon get real"

That wasnt what i meant by that...the whole "applesauce and peas" was to relate it back to where Resonate said something about people are just born babies and then its outside forces that make them gay...i was saying that we're also born with a set of likes and dislikes and that penis and/or vagina may be one of them

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By warlock360

pixelized says:

"Resonate says:
    "pixelized says:

But not in a sexual way, no baby can locate his own penis! c'mon get real

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By pixelized

Which would impy someone was born gay

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By warlock360

pixelized says:

"Warlock360 says:
    "pixelized says:
    "Resonate says:
    "pixelized says:

That wasnt what i meant by that...the whole "applesauce and peas" was to relate it back to where Resonate said something about people are just born babies and then its outside forces that make them gay...i was saying that we're also born with a set of likes and dislikes and that penis and/or vagina may be one of them"

that goes back to ur genetic code

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Pania

Resonate says:

no, you're not born anything but a child. Maybe there is some divine force that sets out a destiny for you, but until you get old enough to think about being different and go against the flow, then their isn't any way to prove that most all gay people weren't in soem kind of traumawe all have our stories, and I'm sure gay people just wouldn't like to share theirs, as others still consider them freaks"

No, they'll share them is your not being judgmental. I pretty much know when all of my Gay friends figured out when they were gay.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Pania
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Pania

Warlock360 says:

"pixelized says:
    "Which would impy someone was born gay"

not always, some Men that are married to woman notice that there gay when they already have Kids, Gayness can also be achieved through events,actions, thoughts and other people."

So you think people can catch "teh Ghey!"?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By warlock360

pixelized says:

"Which would impy someone was born gay"

not always, some Men that are married to woman notice that there gay when they already have Kids, Gayness can also be achieved through events,actions, thoughts and other people.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Pania

Warlock360 says:

not catch, realize"

Wouldn't that indicate then, that it had been there all along?

Celestrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Celestrion

pixelized says:

"A baby cries when it eats peas but laughs when it eats Applesauce therefore showing its prefrence of applesauce over peas. I dont understand how you'd need a conscience in order to like or dislike something"

My little sister doesn't cry when she eats peas and most likly the only reason they would cry is that it taste bad. Thats not prefering it's common taste, if you smell dog poop on the ground the common conscience would tell you not to eat it for it doesn't taste good. Babys like I said don't prefer anything, what your talking about is on a few months up called toddlers. They prefer alot of things, thats the growing of a conscience. They don't have to think about it, the conscience is controlling them naturally until they can think for themselves.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By warlock360

Pania says:

"Warlock360 says:

Uhm...this is going to sound really wrong in so many ways, but:

" />http://www.medhelp.org/forums/ChildBehaviorSupport/messages/145.html"

not if your actually dealing with intellectual beings lol

anyways that counts for children below the age of 3 because 4 is the beginning from Baby to kid

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.