Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Gambler's X-Men Thread

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sunspot maybe?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By The_Ghostshell

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler says:

""

There's my boy.Did he get his TK back yet or not?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Yeah but I don't know how strong it is.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#155  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

He has weak TK.

EDIT: And no telepathy at all.
    Post Edited:2008-03-12 00:52:14

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#156  Edited By Vulcanmax

@ gambler just a quick side note on the X-men not joining CW

Their numbers they were referring to as in being low wasn't the X-men but mutants in general which are now in the low hundreds as oppose to the millions they were before Wanda's little stunt. This thing could have divided the mutants yet again and they are already so divided and let's face it they have more than there fair share of enemy's to deal with without adding the government and their pro team. There is also like Emma pointed out the fact that; They had been left on their own to deal with numerous things like Stryker's attack on the mansion killing their students and what not.

Wolverine did join the fray but he did that on his own just like when he went on his little killing spree after his memory recovery and the other times before that. Bishop also joined but again on his own and because of his own personal beliefs and he was on the pro-side. Storm joined later because a friend of hers had been killed and she did so as herself not an X-man.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By Nighthunter

I'm thinking in buying Cable and X-Force

are they good titles?

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Vulcanmax

Nighthunter says:

"I'm thinking in buying Cable and X-Forceare they good titles?"

So far so good X-force have the New X-men writers and I liked their run on that book. Cable needs to pick up it's momentum but it has potential.
    Post Edited:2008-03-12 11:39:22

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Nighthunter

Vulcanmax says:

"Nighthunter says:
    "I'm thinking in buying Cable and X-Forceare they good titles?"

So far so good X-force have the New X-men writers and I liked their run on that book. Cable needs to pick up it's momentum but it has potential.
    Post Edited:2008-03-12 11:39:22"

ok

Cable has just one issue right now and it's about him and the baby go to a future where she can be safe

and X-Force is a title with Wolverine (another team? for crying out loudS) and the rest of the best trackers and fighters of the X-men. It has just two issue out right now

am I right?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Vulcanmax says:

"@ gambler just a quick side note on the X-men not joining CWTheir numbers they were referring to as in being low wasn't the X-men but mutants in general which are now in the low hundreds as oppose to the millions they were before Wanda's little stunt. This thing could have divided the mutants yet again and they are already so divided and let's face it they have more than there fair share of enemy's to deal with without adding the government and their pro team. There is also like Emma pointed out the fact that; They had been left on their own to deal with numerous things like Stryker's attack on the mansion killing their students and what not.Wolverine did join the fray but he did that on his own just like when he went on his little killing spree after his memory recovery and the other times before that. Bishop also joined but again on his own and because of his own personal beliefs and he was on the pro-side. Storm joined later because a friend of hers had been killed and she did so as herself not an X-man."

I think your missing what I'm saying. I understand the reasons as it pertains to the comics. I'm saying its ridiculous that Marvel sat there premier team on the bench for the Civil War, and instead choose to send them into space for yet another Shi'ar Empire story. And if they where worried about there numbers before, what do they think is going to happen when Vulcan brings an interstellar war to Earth as a result? The Civil War was something close to home, the parallels to the Mutant Registration cannot be overlooked. As far as Emma Frost is concerned, her views (in my opinion) have always been closer to Magneto's vision then they ever have to Charles'. She makes no attempt to hide her distaste for humans and that statement to Tony only fuels that believe. It shouldn't matter that nobody helped the X-Men out during the Stryker incident. Thats not how they operate, "Well you didn't help us, so we ain't helping you" As X-Men they've always shared a 70/30 relationship with the general public. To me there sitting out was just as bad as the Thing going to France. Totally out of character. He use to be this New York badass/brawler. He smoked, he fought, he kicked@$$. Then Civil War brakes out and instead of picking a side and standing by his best friends (Sue or Reed) he ran away? No Marvel dropped the ball in my opinion.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Nighthunter

Gambler says:

"Vulcanmax says:
    "@ gambler just a quick side note on the X-men not joining CWTheir numbers they were referring to as in being low wasn't the X-men but mutants in general which are now in the low hundreds as oppose to the millions they were before Wanda's little stunt. This thing could have divided the mutants yet again and they are already so divided and let's face it they have more than there fair share of enemy's to deal with without adding the government and their pro team. There is also like Emma pointed out the fact that; They had been left on their own to deal with numerous things like Stryker's attack on the mansion killing their students and what not.Wolverine did join the fray but he did that on his own just like when he went on his little killing spree after his memory recovery and the other times before that. Bishop also joined but again on his own and because of his own personal beliefs and he was on the pro-side. Storm joined later because a friend of hers had been killed and she did so as herself not an X-man."

I think your missing what I'm saying. I understand the reasons as it pertains to the comics. I'm saying its ridiculous that Marvel sat there premier team on the bench for the Civil War, and instead choose to send them into space for yet another Shi'ar Empire story. And if they where worried about there numbers before, what do they think is going to happen when Vulcan brings an interstellar war to Earth as a result? The Civil War was something close to home, the parallels to the Mutant Registration cannot be overlooked. As far as Emma Frost is concerned, her views (in my opinion) have always been closer to Magneto's vision then they ever have to Charles'. She makes no attempt to hide her distaste for humans and that statement to Tony only fuels that believe. It shouldn't matter that nobody helped the X-Men out during the Stryker incident. Thats not how they operate, "Well you didn't help us, so we ain't helping you" As X-Men they've always shared a 70/30 relationship with the general public. To me there sitting out was just as bad as the Thing going to France. Totally out of character. He use to be this New York badass/brawler. He smoked, he fought, he kicked@$$. Then Civil War brakes out and instead of picking a side and standing by his best friends (Sue or Reed) he ran away? No Marvel dropped the ball in my opinion."

nice post

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Thanks man.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Nighthunter

Gambler says:

"Thanks man."

np

ok so I am already reading Uncanny X-men, checked X-Men legacy and may continue reading it

I'll give it a read to what it's already launched from X-force and Cable

any other X-men title that I should read? or that people recommend?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I would check out X-Factor as well.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Nighthunter

Gambler says:

"I would check out X-Factor as well."

ok maybe I'll check that, liked the issues of X-factor in Messiahs Complex

thanks

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Vulcanmax

Gambler says:

"I think your missing what I'm saying. I understand the reasons as it pertains to the comics. I'm saying its ridiculous that Marvel sat there premier team on the bench for the Civil War, and instead choose to send them into space for yet another Shi'ar Empire story. And if they where worried about there numbers before, what do they think is going to happen when Vulcan brings an interstellar war to Earth as a result? The Civil War was something close to home, the parallels to the Mutant Registration cannot be overlooked. As far as Emma Frost is concerned, her views (in my opinion) have always been closer to Magneto's vision then they ever have to Charles'. She makes no attempt to hide her distaste for humans and that statement to Tony only fuels that believe. It shouldn't matter that nobody helped the X-Men out during the Stryker incident. Thats not how they operate, "Well you didn't help us, so we ain't helping you" As X-Men they've always shared a 70/30 relationship with the general public. To me there sitting out was just as bad as the Thing going to France. Totally out of character. He use to be this New York badass/brawler. He smoked, he fought, he kicked@$$. Then Civil War brakes out and instead of picking a side and standing by his best friends (Sue or Reed) he ran away? No Marvel dropped the ball in my opinion."

I see your point and agree that Marvel opting to leave the X out of CW for the Shi'ar was whatever it was. I also am done with the pompous Shi'ar add the Skrulls and the Kree to that list. They however couldn't just leave the Vulcan character just go of in space and that's that, besides Rachel still has/had her grudge match to settle with the race who pretty much annihilated her mother's blood line except for Cable. So there was bound to be yet another Shi'ar altercation in the near future.

Some arguments with Charles Xavier as a good thing irks me. I'm glad that Frost's views of human is more realistic than either Charles or Eric. Magnus more often than not goes to extremes where as Charles ideologies them too much and when they come up short he just manipulates them to fit the bill. Xavier's and Magnus aren't as different as one may think, they both have set goals and will do what it takes to get their. Xavier is just more deceitful in how he goes about getting what he wants done.

Sure the X-men aren't supposed to be keeping tabs but it was more to prove a point especially when she was dealing with Tony and his arrogance. Thou her distaste for them she wouldn't go to the lengths that Magnus would, she would coexist with them as Charles wants but always keep her guard up and she has learned the hard way that its the only way to live.

As for the act being similar to the mutant registration act is correct but it wasn't and therefore they are waiting for the other shoe to drop and rest assure it will happen and that is when they will fight it as they should.

Thing going to France is understandable. There wasn't a side he could choose because both sides were right, Tony/Reed were doing it for the right reasons as were Cap/Sue's. There wasn't a bad guy to clobber. So he left to get a better grip on things and notice that when he came back it wasn't for either side but to protect the by-standers/innocent. What should have happened was that this CW should have been a sit down not a brawl. Tony could have sat down with Steve and the transition/fallout would have been easier or at least containable. Tony however manipulated things from there one things just kept getting more elaborate... but I digress this after all isn't about CW. I don't think Marvel dropped the ball in this case. Keep in mind that if they had placed the X-men going into space afterwards the timing would have clashed cause the whole Shi'ar thing took quiet sometime before they began heading for Earth.

I do wish they would find some other extraterrestrials to tangle with or opt for someone whom they haven't done much with before.
    Post Edited:2008-03-12 13:47:59

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Vulcanmax says:

"Gambler says:
    "I think your missing what I'm saying. I understand the reasons as it pertains to the comics. I'm saying its ridiculous that Marvel sat there premier team on the bench for the Civil War, and instead choose to send them into space for yet another Shi'ar Empire story. And if they where worried about there numbers before, what do they think is going to happen when Vulcan brings an interstellar war to Earth as a result? The Civil War was something close to home, the parallels to the Mutant Registration cannot be overlooked. As far as Emma Frost is concerned, her views (in my opinion) have always been closer to Magneto's vision then they ever have to Charles'. She makes no attempt to hide her distaste for humans and that statement to Tony only fuels that believe. It shouldn't matter that nobody helped the X-Men out during the Stryker incident. Thats not how they operate, "Well you didn't help us, so we ain't helping you" As X-Men they've always shared a 70/30 relationship with the general public. To me there sitting out was just as bad as the Thing going to France. Totally out of character. He use to be this New York badass/brawler. He smoked, he fought, he kicked@$$. Then Civil War brakes out and instead of picking a side and standing by his best friends (Sue or Reed) he ran away? No Marvel dropped the ball in my opinion."

I see your point and agree that Marvel opting to leave the X out of CW for the Shi'ar was whatever it was. I also am done with the pompous Shi'ar add the Skrulls and the Kree to that list. They however couldn't just leave the Vulcan character just go of in space and that's that, besides Rachel still has/had her grudge match to settle with the race who pretty much annihilated her mother's blood line except for Cable. So there was bound to be yet another Shi'ar altercation in the near future.

Some arguments with Charles Xavier as a good thing irks me. I'm glad that Frost's views of human is more realistic than either Charles or Eric. Magnus more often than not goes to extremes where as Charles ideologies them too much and when they come up short he just manipulates them to fit the bill. Xavier's and Magnus aren't as different as one may think, they both have set goals and will do what it takes to get their. Xavier is just more deceitful in how he goes about getting what he wants done.

Sure the X-men aren't supposed to be keeping tabs but it was more to prove a point especially when she was dealing with Tony and his arrogance. Thou her distaste for them she wouldn't go to the lengths that Magnus would, she would coexist with them as Charles wants but always keep her guard up and she has learned the hard way that its the only way to live.

As for the act being similar to the mutant registration act is correct but it wasn't and therefore they are waiting for the other shoe to drop and rest assure it will happen and that is when they will fight it as they should.

Thing going to France is understandable. There wasn't a side he could choose because both sides were right, Tony/Reed were doing it for the right reasons as were Cap/Sue's. There wasn't a bad guy to clobber. So he left to get a better grip on things and notice that when he came back it wasn't for either side but to protect the by-standers/innocent. What should have happened was that this CW should have been a sit down not a brawl. Tony could have sat down with Steve and the transition/fallout would have been easier or at least containable. Tony however manipulated things from there one things just kept getting more elaborate... but I digress this after all isn't about CW. I don't think Marvel dropped the ball in this case. Keep in mind that if they had placed the X-men going into space afterwards the timing would have clashed cause the whole Shi'ar thing took quiet sometime before they began heading for Earth.

I do wish they would find some other extraterrestrials to tangle with or opt for someone whom they haven't done much with before.
    Post Edited:2008-03-12 13:47:59"

Personally I hated the creation of Vulcan. He's nothing like Cyclops, Corsiar, or Havok. The interaction between Havok and Vulcan read nothing like family, lost or otherwise. As you pointed out in the CW, several X-Men took position based on there own view and distanced themselves from the team. While for the Shi'ar story, the team went out into space for a conflict that should have only involved a couple people. It was @$$ backwards. The X-Men (as a team) should have been involved in the CW, while Cyclops, Charles, Rachel, Havok, Rachel, and maybe even Cable should have gone after Vulcan. Cyc has just as much right for revenge as Rachel does. As for Emma Frost, she's one of my favorite characters. But her views on humanity are far from what the X-Men have established through years and years of painstaking effort. The fact that she explains to Tony that no one helped them, and there for they shall not help in return is setting the X-Men on a path of isolation from the world. That is the complete opposite of what Xavier and the X-Men have been fighting for.

The Thing going to France was also a cop out. There didn't need to be a (bad guy) to clobber. EVERY character involved had friends and family on the other side. Thats what made it so dramatic. It came across as he was to weak to make a stand while everyone around him was.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Andferne says:

"Maybe thats what Emma is going for. Think that she might be trying to subtly change the X-mens views. It was just a thought that went through my head when reading this."

Thats a possibility.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Andferne

Gambler says:

" The fact that she explains to Tony that no one helped them, and there for they shall not help in return is setting the X-Men on a path of isolation from the world. That is the complete opposite of what Xavier and the X-Men have been fighting for. The Thing going to France was also a cop out. There didn't need to be a (bad guy) to clobber. **EVERY** character involved had friends and family on the other side. Thats what made it so dramatic. It came across as he was to weak to make a stand while everyone around him was."

Maybe thats what Emma is going for. Think that she might be trying to subtly change the X-mens views. It was just a thought that went through my head when reading this.

As for Thing yeah I agree him going to France was BS. To me it was out of character, he should of stayed and fought. Maybe been a voice of reason to try and help Sue and Reed see eye to eye.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Andferne

Gambler says:

"Andferne says:
    " Maybe thats what Emma is going for. Think that she might be trying to subtly change the X-mens views. It was just a thought that went through my head when reading this. "
    Thats a possibility. "

Of course I am always seeing things that are not there. Reading more into something or someone than what really is there and going on.

can hear Jack Nicklesons's Joker

"Money money money who you going to trust"

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#171  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Couldn't find the Mutant Zero thread and this one is mutant related so I'm posting this here.

Mutant Zero can do this:

Is that illusions, invisibility, camouflage, something else?

Non-mutant stuff: That issue was great in general (except for the New New New Warriors being complete idiots). Hope nobody liked Constrictor...

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Vulcanmax

@ gambler, you are actually right on the space roll call it shouldn't have been Nigthcrawler or Polaris (I am on the fence with Warpath, Charles needed to have someone who had wanted him dead, at a time but no longer another of Charles little mind games, just as bad as Vulcan wanted him too) I however don't see Cyclops going of because of his responsibility in regards to the school but I feel like I'm splitting hair with you. Vulcan's creation I feel was to tie up the whole third Summers brother thing that Sinister let out of the bag decades ago and Marvel never wrapped up on. Adam x didn't fit the bill because he was a half brother and only on their mother's side which technically doesn't make him a Summers. Gambit (keep in mind that I'm basing this on an alternate line) might only have Scott's mutant template which also doesn't make him a Summers.

The X-men didn't have a place in CW because they aren't superheroes or at least aren't viewed as such by the general population or the government. Furthermore the latter shouldn't get to choose when they label them as Superheroes and when not. They have their own battle to fight and have already done so and will do so again when it comes to the mutant registration act.

Emma didn't use the, for lack of a better word, excuse: you didn't help us..... She explained before all of that why they felt the act was wrong and was pretty specific to my recollection. When Tony tried the government card saying that he thought Scott would like to be in favor with the government what with the Xorn/Magneto incident in New York she fired back with the Genosha and the schoolbus. Tony was being... well Tony and Frost did what Frost does best.

She maybe adding her own style which is different from Xavier's but then again I don't recall Xavier ever having lost that many of his student's, not from his schools but his own students, as Frost had and contrary to popular belief the Ice Queen takes every lost not only as loss of life but also as personal failures in properly guiding/training them. Becoming much stronger and pushing her students harder so they be better equipped the next time. Neither has Charles experienced firsthand human cruelty towards mutants on the scale that both she and Magneto has thou I could be wrong with that particular statement. She was one of the few survivors or humanity's slaughter on Genosha yet she isn't on Eric bandwagon that in itself says a lot. As for her isolating the X-men from humanity isn't prone to happen, they are still saving human lives and such however would you agree that a bit of isolation wouldn't necessarily hurt the team whose home has been destroyed countless time.

Confused about something? which other families were divided during the CW and actually fought each or against each other.

The problem between Sue and Reed were already escalating for some time. The CW just put a the latest and heaviest strain on them and Reed was as seems usual completely focused on the wrong aspect of things. You can't reason with people who aren't listening. Reed wasn't reasoning with anyone because he didn't see I can't even describe what it was that he overlooked. As I read the CW-saga and I do mean all of it I came to understand that. Was Thing going away a cop out I guess that would be up to the individuals who know his character, I only have a brief acquaintance with the guy. He seems like a simple kind of guy leaving the more, if you will, complex stuff to the others.

Johnny went with Sue and he stayed with Reed, he made that choice because as a family that is what they do even thou he felt what Reed was doing was wrong, when he noticed that his staying wasn't helping matters because while he stayed on the pro-side to have Reeds back they expected/demanded him to join the fray and ultimately one of the Yancy guy's died which was the final straw for him and he left as a consequence to that.

Reed still wasn't getting the message, joining the other's wasn't an option anymore either because he felt that both sides had betrayed what they stood for, protecting the innocent. Leaving was the only way he could not be forced to fight which the Pro-side really tried to hammer home once he was trying to leave.

I would go as far as to say that he was one of the few who did good thru out the entire CW mess.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Nighthunter

Buckshot says:

"Couldn't find the Mutant Zero thread and this one is mutant related so I'm posting this here.Mutant Zero can do this:Is that illusions, invisibility, camouflage, something else?Non-mutant stuff: That issue was great in general (except for the New New New Warriors being complete idiots). Hope nobody liked Constrictor..."

because of the change of powers I almost thought it was Trauma

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Nighthunter

Vulcanmax says:

"@ gambler, you are actually right on the space roll call it shouldn't have been Nigthcrawler or Polaris (I am on the fence with Warpath, Charles needed to have someone who had wanted him dead, at a time but no longer another of Charles little mind games, just as bad as Vulcan wanted him too) I however don't see Cyclops going of because of his responsibility in regards to the school but I feel like I'm splitting hair with you. Vulcan's creation I feel was to tie up the whole third Summers brother thing that Sinister let out of the bag decades ago and Marvel never wrapped up on. Adam x didn't fit the bill because he was a half brother and only on their mother's side which technically doesn't make him a Summers. Gambit (keep in mind that I'm basing this on an alternate line) might only have Scott's mutant template which also doesn't make him a Summers.The X-men didn't have a place in CW because they aren't superheroes or at least aren't viewed as such by the general population or the government. Furthermore the latter shouldn't get to choose when they label them as Superheroes and when not. They have their own battle to fight and have already done so and will do so again when it comes to the mutant registration act.Emma didn't use the, for lack of a better word, excuse: you didn't help us..... She explained before all of that why they felt the act was wrong and was pretty specific to my recollection. When Tony tried the government card saying that he thought Scott would like to be in favor with the government what with the Xorn/Magneto incident in New York she fired back with the Genosha and the schoolbus. Tony was being... well Tony and Frost did what Frost does best.She maybe adding her own style which is different from Xavier's but then again I don't recall Xavier ever having lost that many of his student's, not from his schools but his own students, as Frost had and contrary to popular belief the Ice Queen takes every lost not only as loss of life but also as personal failures in properly guiding/training them. Becoming much stronger and pushing her students harder so they be better equipped the next time. Neither has Charles experienced firsthand human cruelty towards mutants on the scale that both she and Magneto has thou I could be wrong with that particular statement. She was one of the few survivors or humanity's slaughter on Genosha yet she isn't on Eric bandwagon that in itself says a lot. As for her isolating the X-men from humanity isn't prone to happen, they are still saving human lives and such however would you agree that a bit of isolation wouldn't necessarily hurt the team whose home has been destroyed countless time.Confused about something? which other families were divided during the CW and actually fought each or against each other.The problem between Sue and Reed were already escalating for some time. The CW just put a the latest and heaviest strain on them and Reed was as seems usual completely focused on the wrong aspect of things. You can't reason with people who aren't listening. Reed wasn't reasoning with anyone because he didn't see I can't even describe what it was that he overlooked. As I read the CW-saga and I do mean all of it I came to understand that. Was Thing going away a cop out I guess that would be up to the individuals who know his character, I only have a brief acquaintance with the guy. He seems like a simple kind of guy leaving the more, if you will, complex stuff to the others.Johnny went with Sue and he stayed with Reed, he made that choice because as a family that is what they do even thou he felt what Reed was doing was wrong, when he noticed that his staying wasn't helping matters because while he stayed on the pro-side to have Reeds back they expected/demanded him to join the fray and ultimately one of the Yancy guy's died which was the final straw for him and he left as a consequence to that.Reed still wasn't getting the message, joining the other's wasn't an option anymore either because he felt that both sides had betrayed what they stood for, protecting the innocent. Leaving was the only way he could not be forced to fight which the Pro-side really tried to hammer home once he was trying to leave.I would go as far as to say that he was one of the few who did good thru out the entire CW mess. "

nice post

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Vulcanmax

Thanks

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Of course the X-Men had a place in the Civil War. Not sure why you believe there not viewed as Superheroes but by the definition of the Registration Act, and the fact that Tony admitted to Cyclops that the Shield wants them to Register tells you that much. As far as what other families where divided by the Civil War, Yellow Jacket and his daughter, and several X-Men (although not blood related) where on opposite sides of the conflict. That fact alone shows you that in fact they where involved to an extent. But again I feel we're drifting back into the actual comic continuity reason why they weren't involved. While I'm saying Marvel as a company should have made it a priority to involve there number one team and the biggest Marvel event in the last 10 years.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Nighthunter

man I'm loving Uncanny X-men's divided we stand arc. Except the angel storyline lol but besides that great story with great art.

Also gave a look to Cable, love the art. not normal comic art but more artistic which is also good. Cable could also have talked more lol

and wasn't Bishop dead? lol

I know that every comic character comes back...but come on lol he died what? two months ago?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#178  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Nighthunter says:

"and wasn't Bishop dead? lolI know that every comic character comes back...but come on lol he died what? two months ago?"

No he got his arm bitten off by Predator X, then stole a big-ass techno-arm from Forge.

Why did you think he was dead?

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Vulcanmax

Technically he wasn't dead. I mean yeah Scott blasted him straight thru a wall, but with Scott's power being energy based not to mention that we were shown not so long ago that Bishop can take what Scott dishes out (to an extend mind you) we can all assume that he survived being blasted thru the wall(s)after putting a 'bullet' thru Xavier skull.

@ gambler I am NOT saying that the X-men aren't superheroes merely stating that they AREN'T often viewed as such by government and gen pop. They are viewed as mutants... and in that context they shouldn't get to decided when the X-men suddenly become superheroes because it's convenient for them (read SRA).

I am not sure as to why they (Marvel)didn't involve X-men in the CW for other than the 4 issues, I do remember reading that Joe Q. didn't want them involved due to their numbers . I'll have to look it up as i don't have a specific quote or what not.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I don't need to read the Superhero Registration Act. Mutant or not, ANY character with POWERS who wants to continue to use them to HELP PEOPLE (mutant or not) MUST register. Dagger is a mutant and we saw her participating in the Civil War, and on the ANTI* side at that. So obviously mutants where already involved, all the more reason why the X-Men should have been as well.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Shaper

fesak says:

"Nighthunter says:
    " and wasn't Bishop dead? lol I know that every comic character comes back...but come on lol he died what? two months ago?"
    No he got his arm bitten off by Predator X, then stole a big-ass techno-arm from Forge. Why did you think he was dead?"

Loss of alot of blood, maybe?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Shaper says:

"fesak says:
    "Nighthunter says:
    " and wasn't Bishop dead? lol I know that every comic character comes back...but come on lol he died what? two months ago?"
    No he got his arm bitten off by Predator X, then stole a big-ass techno-arm from Forge. Why did you think he was dead?"

Loss of alot of blood, maybe?"

Like any comic character ever died of just getting their arm cut off.

It's just a flesh wound.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Couldn't find the Mutant Zero thread and this one is mutant related so I'm posting this here.Mutant Zero can do this:Is that illusions, invisibility, camouflage, something else?Non-mutant stuff: That issue was great in general (except for the New New New Warriors being complete idiots). Hope nobody liked Constrictor..."

I still say its dagger.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Nighthunter

fesak says:

"Nighthunter says:
    "and wasn't Bishop dead? lolI know that every comic character comes back...but come on lol he died what? two months ago?"

No he got his arm bitten off by Predator X, then stole a big-ass techno-arm from Forge.

Why did you think he was dead?"

read somewhere that he was....

I didn't think he was, just injured

but well he had to appear in the Cable series or it probably wouldn't have made sense

also is Deadpool also going to get a new ongoing? or at least a miniseries?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Nighthunter says:

"fesak says:
    "Nighthunter says:

but well he had to appear in the Cable series or it probably wouldn't have made sense

also is Deadpool also going to get a new ongoing? or at least a miniseries?"

New ongoing late summer/fall. Writer is Daniel Way so expect to get your Deadpool ruined.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Uncanny 500 cover:

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By The Enigma

fesak says:

"Uncanny 500 cover:
    " />http://images.comicbookresources.com/cons/wwla2008/xmen/500_cov.jpg"

are hellion and elixir on that cover?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Possibly. It looks like Hellion at the far right, and Elixir could be the one in Pixies armpit.

Also Domino is on the cover, so maybe she will be joining a core team?

The Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By The Enigma

Yeah... also if you look carefully you can see Mercury, Dust, Sunspot and I think Magma (far left).

Is that cyclops with the jetpack?

I don't like hwo cannonball has been drawn and I generaly don't like the expressions of the characters.
    Post Edited:2008-03-17 05:45:38

Tao Ming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Tao Ming

You never like anything, Enigma. LOL

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#191  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The Enigma says:

"Yeah... also if you look carefully you can see Mercury, Dust, Sunspot and I think Magma (far left). Is that cyclops with the jetpack? I don't like hwo cannonball has been drawn and I generaly don't like the expressions of the characters.
    Post Edited:2008-03-17 05:45:38"

Are you kidding me...Cannonball is drawn very well.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By The_Ghostshell

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By danhimself

fesak says:

"Possibly. It looks like Hellion at the far right, and Elixir could be the one in Pixies armpit. Also Domino is on the cover, so maybe she will be joining a core team?"

domino is being sent after the punisher so i don't think she's going to be in a core book

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By fesak  Moderator

danhimself says:

"fesak says:
    "Possibly. It looks like Hellion at the far right, and Elixir could be the one in Pixies armpit. Also Domino is on the cover, so maybe she will be joining a core team?"

domino is being sent after the punisher so i don't think she's going to be in a core book"

What? Wolverine can appear in 14 books/month and Domino can't appear in two?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By danhimself

this if from the x-men panel at wizard world

• Panelists include Christopher Yost, Craig Kyle, Matt Fraction, Aubrey Sitterson, Peter David and marketing's Jim McCann -- and a late arriving Marc Guggenheim.

• Sitterson said that X-Men: Legacy will pick up with what happened to Professor X after Messiah X.

• Dokken, the son of Wolverine, will return to Wolverine: Origins.

• Quicksilver will be featured in an X-Factor special. "Different people say they want different things to happen with him," he said. "Interestingly, everything happens in this one issue."

• David said there will be a Layla Miller one-shot picking up from Messiah CompleX. "We are going to show where she is, what's going on," he said, noting readers' perceptions of the character have changed since her introduction.

• Larry Stroman is returning as artist of X-Factor. David said She-Hulk will be appearing in a crossover.

The story will start in X-Factor, go to She-Hulk and return to X-Factor and will tie into Secret Invasion.

• Joining X-Factor will be Longshot and Darwin in #33.

• X-Men: Divided We Stand will be two one-shots. Two of the characters on the covers will be joining teams that McCann said will be "surprising."

• Greg Land is joining Uncanny X-Men #500 as artist and Matt Fraction will be co-writing with Ed Brubaker.

• Terry Dodson is now exclusive to Marvel and will alternate on Uncanny X-Men.

• Marvel showed Simone Bianchi's designs for his upcoming run on Astonishing X-Men with Warren Ellis.

• David on Siren: "The baby will be born." What happens as a result, David will not say, except there "will be developments that will light up the Internet like a Christmas tree."

• Fraction said Dazzler will be appear in Uncanny #501. "Dazzler as a mutant Madonna," he said.

• Fraction said he and Brubaker are co-plotting arcs and rotating writing.

• Kyle said there are more surprises in store in X-Force. The roster will expand to six by issue #7 or #8.

"The first two reveals are something but after two and three, you're gonna see how big and bad this story is gonna get," he said. "We're really trying to give you great moments throughout the book and give you as much story as we can."

• Guggenheim said the original title of Young X-Men was New Mutants. Instead of being "cadets," Guggenheim said this team will be the X-Men.

The first arc will be five issues, with a sixth-issue epilogue, and plant seeds for the next two years of story. "It's a book with a lot of surprises," he said. "I always say 'no assumptions.'"

• David said in the X-Factor/She-Hulk, X-Factor is looking for one person and She-Hulk is looking for another person, and the two people are travelling together.

• Havok will be featured in the Divided We Stand specials.

• David said bringing Darwin and Longshot to X-Factor was because "they're both really cool. It's as simple as that." He said the characters "will put people's teeth on edge."

• Sitterson on Dokken: "There's a lot more to that character than you've seen in Wolverine: Origins."

• Sitterson said that Cable is set in the future, but the book is "not set off to the side" in the mutant world.

• Asked about Kitty Pryde, McCann said that all Marvel said was that Piotr "lost" a love.

• Guggenheim said it's hard to talk about Young X-Men because of all the twists he has planned. He said he has plans for Blindfold that will make readers look at her in a completely different way.

• Guggenheim said that the New Brotherhood members in Young X-Men all have strong ties to X-Men canon, and one of them used to work for the Hellfire Club. "And that's probably all I should say," he said. "But you'll know by the end of the first issue."

• Kyle said Wither will be appearing in X-Force.

• Fraction said the second stage of Astonishing X-Men will flow more into continuity than the Joss Whedon/John Cassaday run.

• McCann said the Deadpool series will start late in the summer.

• Although Firestar retired, McCann said readers have not seen the last of her.

• McCann said there are plans for Northstar.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I cant wait for the Layla Miller One Shot.

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Vulcanmax

I am curious about Northstar and Domino.

I had two options to be Mutant Zero Ms. Maximoff or Ms. Blaire but with Blaire being in #501 it leaves only Wanda I kinda hoped it would have been Lorna but she isn't a mutant any longer.

I wonder how Havok will be able to be in DWS since the last time we saw him he was shackled and on his knees besides his baby brother.

with Darwin and Longshot joining X-factor I may actually pick that book up.

I like Yost and Kyle's run on the New X-men so X-force is a given I am curious as hell to see who will be joining their team.

Could it have been Sunspot I spotted above Cyclops in the picture?

when is legacy 213 going to be out and I thought Sinister had died granted the picture of him standing behind Gambit is and old one as he had the Rasputin look on the cover and in Messiah C he had longer hair....

As for Marvel Girl, Korvus, Polaris.....

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Nighthunter

fesak says:

"Nighthunter says:
    "fesak says:
    "Nighthunter says:

also is Deadpool also going to get a new ongoing? or at least a miniseries?"

New ongoing late summer/fall. Writer is Daniel Way so expect to get your Deadpool ruined.

"

but.....

who am I kidding as long as it isn't Deathstroke the one ruined I don't mind lol

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Vulcanmax says:

"I had two options to be Mutant Zero Ms. Maximoff or Ms. Blaire but with Blaire being in #501 it leaves only Wanda I kinda hoped it would have been Lorna but she isn't a mutant any longer."

I actually thought it was Wanda at one point myself. But I still think its Dagger.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Nighthunter

what happened to Wanda after House of M?

sorry have just been catching with marvel lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.