Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Gambler's X-Men Thread

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

@wolverine08: You big boobie. ANXM and UXM are for the unimaginative and easily pleased X-Fans!

Uncanny X-Men is one of the best X-men books in years, in my opinion. Guess I must be just another rube, since you don't like it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@wolverine08 said:

@oldnightcrawler: We're both rubes!

make that three...this is the best the X-books have been since Morrison

No Caption Provided

That's going to rustle jimmies!

eh....I'll stand by it...after Morrison left the X-books were nothing more than mediocre at best with a few stand outs like Remender's X-Force

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@danhimself said:

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

eh....I'll stand by it...after Morrison left the X-books were nothing more than mediocre at best with a few stand outs like Remender's X-Force

I'd agree with you bro.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5458  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

@wolverine08 said:

@danhimself said:

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

I'd agree with you bro.

we'll be ok...most people don't use this thread...instead they create a new one for every issue that comes out

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

I don't know if I think it's as good as Whedon's run, personally, but I think it's at least as good as Morrison's run. I like it more in the ways I liked Morrison's run: interesting new approach to the concept; solid, small core cast -with lots of room for an eclectic new cast of supporting characters; not overly superhero-y, etc..

Morrison's run seemed to get worse for me in the second half, and though Whedon's run was less original overall, it was ultimately just better executed. Still, what I liked about Morrison's, I also like about Uncanny' at the moment, and there hasn't been an X-men series (other than Whedon's) that I could say was as good in general since then.

I mean, unless you count Uncanny X-force or X-factor..

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@wolverine08 said:

I don't know if I think it's as good as Whedon's run, personally, but I think it's at least as good as Morrison's run. I like it more in the ways I liked Morrison's run: interesting new approach to the concept; solid, small core cast -with lots of room for an eclectic new cast of supporting characters; not overly superhero-y, etc..

Morrison's run seemed to get worse for me in the second half, and though Whedon's run was less original overall, it was ultimately just better executed. Still, what I liked about Morrison's, I also like about Uncanny' at the moment, and there hasn't been an X-men series (other than Whedon's) that I could say was as good in general since then.

I mean, unless you count Uncanny X-force or X-factor..

I knew I forgot about something and that was Whedon's run and David's X-Factor....so other than Whedon's run, Morrison's run (which I agree wasn't really all that great), and David's X-Factor must of the X-stuff over the last decade or so has been pretty much crap up until now

I can't think of anything bad about Bendis's run so far...IMO he's at his best when writing Ultimate Spider-man...this has been a close second

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only problem that I would say that I have with Bendis' All New X-Men thus far with my look into its back issues is his characterization of Wolverine, which I quite frankly find horrible. Stuff like asking permission to murder a teenager right in front of everybody, etc. aren't things Wolverine would do at all, even with someone with whom he holds a grudge against like Cyclops. Bendis just seems to focus mostly on Wolverine being a short, grump guy whom drinks and smokes a lot. While that's a part of the character, if you focus solely on those parts, he can become something of an asshole and a bit cliche. I mean, I guess I can live with it since Wolverine isn't the titular character of this series, but come on Bendis, you've been doing good thus far with most characters(Especially Cyclops and 05 Jean IMO), do good by my man Logan.....

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I liked Legacy while it lasted.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew I forgot about something and that was Whedon's run and David's X-Factor....so other than Whedon's run, Morrison's run (which I agree wasn't really all that great), and David's X-Factor must of the X-stuff over the last decade or so has been pretty much crap up until now

I can't think of anything bad about Bendis's run so far...

Well, I'm only thinking of his Uncanny X-Men run, of which, the only issues I haven't liked were the ones that crossed over with All-new' (issues 12,13, and 18). I quite enjoyed All-new' until BotA; the first 15 issues were fun, if not great, but I've since just lost all interest. So, yeah, when I say I think Bendis is doing one of the best X-men in years, I really just mean Uncanny'.

The only problem that I would say that I have with Bendis' All New X-Men thus far with my look into its back issues is his characterization of Wolverine, which I quite frankly find horrible. Stuff like asking permission to murder a teenager right in front of everybody, etc. aren't things Wolverine would do at all, even with someone with whom he holds a grudge against like Cyclops. Bendis just seems to focus mostly on Wolverine being a short, grump guy whom drinks and smokes a lot. While that's a part of the character, if you focus solely on those parts, he can become something of an asshole and a bit cliche.

I guess I never thought of that scene as Wolverine actually suggesting murdering an innocent teen, so much as trying to scare teen Cyclops about the man that he becomes. Scare him strait with some tough love kind of thing. It's not like he was actually going to kill him right there in front of everyone, or that they would even let him, he's more just making a point.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Hmn, honestly, I never really thought of it in that light. Actually makes more sense with Wolverine's character.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: if you re-read it, pay attention to Storm's reaction. She doesn't do a lot, but enough to make us think that she sees what Wolverine's doing, and lets him know when he's made his point. They're a good team.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: if you re-read it, pay attention to Storm's reaction. She doesn't do a lot, but enough to make us think that she sees what Wolverine's doing, and lets him know when he's made his point. They're a good team.

Heh, I just gave the instance in question a reread, and I actually caught the subtle nuances you're referring to. Thanks for pointing that out man. Makes that scene a lot more bearable, and I agree, Oro and Logan work extremely well when written correctly.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5467  Edited By devilsgrin81

@wolverine08 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

Heh, I just gave the instance in question a reread, and I actually caught the subtle nuances you're referring to. Thanks for pointing that out man. Makes that scene a lot more bearable, and I agree, Oro and Logan work extremely well when written correctly.

there aren't many X-Men who work as well together as Storm and Wolverine. And it think it comes down to a simple fact. They respect eachother. Wolverine knows Storm's powers, knows her strengths and weaknesses, and her experience. She's not even remotely the weaklink side-kick so many (if not most) of his team-ups are. Likewise, Storm knows Logan better than almost anyone. His strengths, his weaknesses, his experience. He's a reliable team mate, both to order (if needed) and to fight beside. Add in they've been teamed up together for at least (in-universe) 10 years... (give or take based on Kitty's age 14 when recruited, 23/24 now) and it all makes sense.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there aren't many X-Men who work as well together as Storm and Wolverine. And it think it comes down to a simple fact. They respect eachother. Wolverine knows Storm's powers, knows her strengths and weaknesses, and her experience. She's not even remotely the weaklink side-kick so many (if not most) of his team-ups are. Likewise, Storm knows Logan better than almost anyone. His strengths, his weaknesses, his experience. He's a reliable team mate, both to order (if needed) and to fight beside. Add in they've been teamed up together for at least (in-universe) 10 years... (give or take based on Kitty's age 14 when recruited, 23/24 now) and it all makes sense.

No Caption Provided

more than ten years, probably. They sort of made each other the leaders. The way Wolverine follows Storm more than Cyclops or even Xavier, the way in which Storm took council from Wolverine above any other X-man, him making her seem more bad-ass and worthy of respect, her making him seem more noble and wise; they just really play to each others strengths.

<"I wouldn't take that from Cyclops!"

"You will take it from me."

and so it was.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

Agreed man. When written correctly, both tend to serve to play up the positive characteristics they each have.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only problem that I would say that I have with Bendis' All New X-Men thus far with my look into its back issues is his characterization of Wolverine, which I quite frankly find horrible. Stuff like asking permission to murder a teenager right in front of everybody, etc. aren't things Wolverine would do at all, even with someone with whom he holds a grudge against like Cyclops. Bendis just seems to focus mostly on Wolverine being a short, grump guy whom drinks and smokes a lot. While that's a part of the character, if you focus solely on those parts, he can become something of an asshole and a bit cliche. I mean, I guess I can live with it since Wolverine isn't the titular character of this series, but come on Bendis, you've been doing good thus far with most characters(Especially Cyclops and 05 Jean IMO), do good by my man Logan.....

Looking back yeah bendis doesnt do a good wolverine. It is totally a cliche especially in anxm15 where jean takes apart his motorbike and wolverine just angryly tells adult beast and jean to :fix it".

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

will axis involve avengers plus x-men

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

will axis involve avengers plus x-men?

I think so, in that I think it's taking place in Uncanny Avengers, which is an Avengers book with some X-men in it.

(also just a great Avengers book, I recommend it)..

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Anyone read the new X-force?

I wanted to like it and hated it. Its very boring and seeing Marrow back is a *yawn*

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to like it and hated it. Its very boring and seeing Marrow back is a *yawn*

i didn't like the new x-force either

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

agreed on Marrow-Yawn.

The art was awful. Everything was too sharp edged i felt.

Psylocke and Fantomex are great together... but even they couldn't save this book.

Cable has never been more boring.

Nemesis is awesome... but his duo with Forge was lame.

Meme? i mean W... T... F...? worst "character" concept ever. "oooh lets be cool and combine Martha Johanssen with Artie."

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Legacy while it lasted.

it never clicked with me

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. This thread been here since 2008? Cool.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was going to read it until I saw Rock He-kim's vomit-inducing art.

And I'm not happy that it completely reversed Psylocke's character arc from Uncanny X-Force.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@unicornpuncher said:

And I'm not happy that it completely reversed Psylocke's character arc from Uncanny X-Force.

What have they done to her? Made her ready to kill again?

I hate the dialogue and the scripting of the book in general. Marrow just seems like she has ADHD.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@xwraith said:

@unicornpuncher said:

What have they done to her? Made her ready to kill again?

I hate the dialogue and the scripting of the book in general. Marrow just seems like she has ADHD.

Even worse: She's been secretly murdering since she swore not to because it's addictive to her.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Lmao. And the people cannot comprehend organic innovation whence it's lain down right before their very eyes.

Okay, so it's an extremely nuanced title that requires some appropriate psychological re-adjustment and preference modulation on part of the reader before proper enjoyment can take place, but seriously, man, I do believe it's one of the better, if not the best X-Title right now--based on its daring evocation and zany willingness to explore.

Spurrier's a writer in a completely different league.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao. And the people cannot comprehend organic innovation whence it's lain down right before their very eyes.

Okay, so it's an extremely nuanced title that requires some appropriate psychological re-adjustment and preference modulation on part of the reader before proper enjoyment can take place, but seriously, man, I do believe it's one of the better, if not the best X-Title right now--based on its daring evocation and zany willingness to explore.

Spurrier's a writer in a completely different league.

Gotta say that I like Spurrier: really enjoyed X-Men Legacy Vol. 2, but I just don't like X-Force. I loved it under Remender. Maybe it says something about him as a writer. Deadpool, Fantomex, Wolverine, Angel and Psylocke aren't my favourite X-characters; they're not in my top 10, they start to creep in after that, but I dug that book so much! I couldn't care less about the current X-Force. I like Cable. I like Marrow (in the 1990s), but the book just doesn't do it for me.

I think part of my problem is that the re-introduction of Hope, which just seems so unimportant. Where's she been since AvX? She just seems like such a crap, pointless character now.

Second to that, the art's, IMO, is not exactly great.

Spend your money on other books, kids.

(Side-note: This books definitely not any worse than Cable and X-Force or Uncanny X-Force Vol.2, both of which I didn't enjoy).

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

holy sh!t...a mutant who can open portals into the multiverse....that's got to be one of the absolute most dangerous powers ever

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

holy sh!t...a mutant who can open portals into the multiverse....that's got to be one of the absolute most dangerous powers ever

Maybe she can put the O5 back to there own time

Twinblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

This I really hope so lol.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@danhimself said:

This I really hope so lol.

plus she opened a door to the past when she saw the house of M universe.....bendis is making these new mutants crazy powerful and dangerous(ie triage, tempus, matthew malloy, jean grey's new power set)

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES they actually need to go back to their time. And maybe in their time can become Earth 61620 and have a fresh story of their own without interferring with the originals x m.

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

YES they actually need to go back to their time. And maybe in their time can become Earth 61620 and have a fresh story of their own without interferring with the originals x m.

Honestly yes ugh

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want original jean and nate grey back then have them come together with rachel and have their own comic 3 shades of Grey lol.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want original jean and nate grey back then have them come together with rachel and have their own comic 3 shades of Grey lol.

If teen jean grey gets a solo maybe she would get Original jean grey back, im guessing.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a x-men fan, will you be getting avengers and x-men axis?????

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4u2nv said:

@shebba said:

Honestly yes ugh

lol

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ALL-NEW X-MEN AND UNCANNY X-MEN IS COMING OUT SEPTEMBER 17.......I THOUGHT UNCANNY X-MEN WAS COMING OUT SEPT. 24.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: @martinceld: @shebba:

CHECK ABOVE COMMENT

IS havok's face disfigured in now time?

Yes. From the battle of when he was in this timeline fighting to fix the past or future something like that. He got burn I think. I guess I need to check on that again. But yea, Havok's face got messed up.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@danhimself: @martinceld: @shebba:

CHECK ABOVE COMMENT

IS havok's face disfigured in now time?

Yes. From the battle of when he was in this timeline fighting to fix the past or future something like that. He got burn I think. I guess I need to check on that again. But yea, Havok's face got messed up.

thank you :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.