Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Gambler's X-Men Thread

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I love how the X-men Forums are always busy.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5352  Edited By Rickbarry

What the heck happened at the end of X-men #3 this week? It felt anticlimactic to me.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Question from a newer x-men reader. Did Jean/Wolverine relationship (or implied) originate from the first x-men film or the comics? I always thought it was a film thing since Wolverine started to get popular and they just decided to get rid of Cyclops but in one of the issues of All New when young Jean see's the future events there's a panal of her making out with Wolverine which I suppose means its cannon in the comics as well. Just curious which came first.

It used to be that Wolverine was just always creepily inappropriate to her. This changed after the movies when he became the breakout character and they decided to make Jean reciprocate somewhat.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

Newsarama preview for All-New X-Men 15. Rachel and Jean meet!

http://www.newsarama.com/18551-all-new-x-men-15-preview.html

I boycott this issue solely for BobbyxKitty scenes. Laaaaame.

Your dislike of BobKat won't stop me from being happy about the Rachel/Jean meeting. Plus Teen Bobby makes up for the BobKat sighting cause of his conflict on it.

It's Bendis, man! I bet that's the only panel with the two together all issue. Don't fall into the trap!

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

Your dislike of BobKat won't stop me from being happy about the Rachel/Jean meeting. Plus Teen Bobby makes up for the BobKat sighting cause of his conflict on it.

It's Bendis, man! I bet that's the only panel with the two together all issue. Don't fall into the trap!

I'm ok if that's the only time the two are together in.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5359  Edited By Rickbarry

@rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

I wasn't aware you were so into Rachel. I'm going through a weird time comics wise. I'm only really picking up Cable & X-force and Avengers Arena. I'd get Uncanny X-men, but the blue team has been neutered.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

I wasn't aware you were so into Rachel. I'm going through a weird time comics wise. I'm only really picking up Cable & X-force and Avengers Arena. I'd get Uncanny X-men, but the blue team has been neutered.

No, I am into Summers clan interaction. Especially when most of them are all alive at the same time. First it was Rachel and Cable, Then Nate and Cable, Then Cable and Rachel, Then Nate and Rachel...Now with the exception of Jean, everyone is alive/around at the same time. Now I need Nate and Rachel to actually have more an a single panel like what happened in New Mutants where they never said a word to each other. Even Hope had more interaction.

Frankly, All-New, X-Men, Legacy, and Cable & X-Force are the only really solid X-Books right now. Which is kinda sad.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: I heard in an interview that there's a possibility between X-man/Cable bumping into one another before too long. I gave up on All-New after issue 6 and Uncanny after issue 4. Don't really enjoy the Bendis direction.

@john_valentine: It's certainly be memorable. I wish I had the picture of Colossus spraying Magik with whipped cream. Never would an image work better.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx: I heard in an interview that there's a possibility between X-man/Cable bumping into one another before too long. I gave up on All-New after issue 6 and Uncanny after issue 4. Don't really enjoy the Bendis direction.

Yes, I read the X-Position on CBR that Hopeless did recently, and he said it was a possibility. I was extremely happy upon hearing that. I'm enjoying All-New, but Uncanny needs to seriously pick up some pace. It's going way too slow and still no real idea or direct as to Scott's Revolution.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

No, I am into Summers clan interaction. Especially when most of them are all alive at the same time. First it was Rachel and Cable, Then Nate and Cable, Then Cable and Rachel, Then Nate and Rachel...Now with the exception of Jean, everyone is alive/around at the same time. Now I need Nate and Rachel to actually have more an a single panel like what happened in New Mutants where they never said a word to each other. Even Hope had more interaction.

Frankly, All-New, X-Men, Legacy, and Cable & X-Force are the only really solid X-Books right now. Which is kinda sad.

You think Cable's X-Force is solid? Maybe solidly mediocre.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

Between the two X-Forces, Cable's is superior. Humphries has made me dislike Uncanny X-Force with a passion. Plus tack on that Bendis and Aaron are basically running the X-Men, the bar isn't really set high for a solid title (with the natural exception of Wood's X-Men).

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

Between the two X-Forces, Cable's is superior. Humphries has made me dislike Uncanny X-Force with a passion. Plus tack on that Bendis and Aaron are basically running the X-Men, the bar isn't really set high for a solid title (with the natural exception of Wood's X-Men).

Oh, I agree. Uncanny X-Force is crap and WaTXM is a joke, but I still don't think that Hopeless' title's that great.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:
    @john_valentine said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

Oh, I agree. Uncanny X-Force is crap and WaTXM is a joke, but I still don't think that Hopeless' title's that great.

I like it mostly cause it pretty much punks Remender's Uncanny Avengers, actually does something with Hope (who apparently has been forgotten by Marvel), and touches on concepts from the old school 90s Cable/X-Force. But that's all personal taste.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @john_valentine said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

I like it mostly cause it pretty much punks Remender's Uncanny Avengers, actually does something with Hope (who apparently has been forgotten by Marvel), and touches on concepts from the old school 90s Cable/X-Force. But that's all personal taste.

lol im begining to see that hope does suck .......i dont think she can be called the mutant messiah anymore because she didnt really do anything except for cleaning up after scotts mess...plus they have jean grey back (sort of), which surprising people want

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoutbreak said:

Question from a newer x-men reader. Did Jean/Wolverine relationship (or implied) originate from the first x-men film or the comics? I always thought it was a film thing since Wolverine started to get popular and they just decided to get rid of Cyclops but in one of the issues of All New when young Jean see's the future events there's a panal of her making out with Wolverine which I suppose means its cannon in the comics as well. Just curious which came first.

It used to be that Wolverine was just always creepily inappropriate to her. This changed after the movies when he became the breakout character and they decided to make Jean reciprocate somewhat.

No Caption Provided

lol

Avatar image for stormfanresearch
    stormfanresearch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To complete this survey you must be 18 years of age or older and consider yourself a fan of Storm from the X-Men. This survey is part of a graduate thesis project. Follow this link to take survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/88WJY3P

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @john_valentine said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @john_valentine said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:
    @rickbarry said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

lol im begining to see that hope does suck .......i dont think she can be called the mutant messiah anymore because she didnt really do anything except for cleaning up after scotts mess...plus they have jean grey back (sort of), which surprising people want

It would have been different had Hope not being relegated to just Cable and X-Force. Kinda wish she got drafted into Brian Wood's X-Men. She would be in good hands there.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Got a question about Uncanny Xmen 9. What did Mystiques really do to Dazzler? I had the thought that she might actually have killed her but Im sure that's wrong. Seeing as how she fell eyes opened on the ground like that maybe she's just comatose or a stroke was induced. But either way I found that to be quite interesting at the end

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5373  Edited By danhimself

wow I was really hoping for more impact at the end of this Astonishing arc

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's for the better as this storyline will not be referenced in any other comic. Bobby essentially admits that he wants to be the guy that kills everyone.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

It's for the better as this storyline will not be referenced in any other comic. Bobby essentially admits that he wants to be the guy that kills everyone.

there should be more to it than that abrupt ending...it's a huge impact on the character...it's the same as Gambit...his Apocalypse stuff was all but dropped right after it happened....the only Horseman with any lasting affect on the character has been Angel

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the heck happened at the end of X-men #3 this week? It felt anticlimactic to me.

I know, I was disappointed. It should have lasted at least one more issue and with some more closure? Something was off.

@hawk2916 said:

Got a question about Uncanny Xmen 9. What did Mystiques really do to Dazzler? I had the thought that she might actually have killed her but Im sure that's wrong. Seeing as how she fell eyes opened on the ground like that maybe she's just comatose or a stroke was induced. But either way I found that to be quite interesting at the end

The "eyes-open" got me too. It wasn't addressed in the latest issue which is annoying, especially since it was so light otherwise. It should make for some interesting twists in the future although I sincerely hope Dazzler is okay. (I don't think it should have been that easy to be overwhelmed by Mystique, considering it was SHIELD - based on what's happened so far, SHIELD is a joke, security-wise. At least in Bendis' world.)

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

Who ever changed the X-Men profile pic THANKS. I was getting sick of looking at the old selection.

Any thoughts about yesterday's books. Astonishing X-Men was excellent. I'm scooping up this hardback as soon as it is available.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally something different started happening in uncanny xforce. uncanny xmen was pretty good though bendis continues to drag everything out. The pace has picked up so thats a good thing but I swear sometimes i think bendis is in the music biz making albums with one or two decent songs and the rest just filler. Didnt bother with the stupid watx. For ultimate xmen i still gotta read 29 but i cant wait to get in both 29 and 30.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Ultimate Comics continues to blow my mind away, A few irks, though. Jean's ominous ragemode behavior being one of them.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5380  Edited By John Valentine

@ageofhurricane said:

Ultimate Comics continues to blow my mind away, A few irks, though. Jean's ominous ragemode behavior being one of them.

I wish someone, hopefully Kitty, would put Jean down for good. Ultimate Jean's been annoying for years. I hate all this Tian crap she's spouting.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5381  Edited By Rickbarry

@ageofhurricane said:

I wish someone, hopefully Kitty, would put Jean down for good. Ultimate Jean's been annoying for years. I hate all this Tian crap she's spouting.

I'm assuming her emotional shift is in part to The Phoenix. If that's the case? Colossus will finish the job instead of pulling his punch like he did all those years ago. I enjoy Ultimate X-men a great deal, but this slow burn is driving me crazy!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:

@ageofhurricane said:

I'm assuming her emotional shift is in part to The Phoenix. If that's the case? Colossus will finish the job instead of pulling his punch like he did all those years ago. I enjoy Ultimate X-men a great deal, but this slow burn is driving me crazy!

Yeah, I only got on board full time with like issue #21, so I thankfully had a few previous issues to fall back on. I want to wait for collected format to get more of the story at once but I'm just not that patient.

Same goes for The Walking Dead.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry said:

@john_valentine said:

@ageofhurricane said:

Yeah, I only got on board full time with like issue #21, so I thankfully had a few previous issues to fall back on. I want to wait for collected format to get more of the story at once but I'm just not that patient.

I should have done the same thing as well, but I eat up anything by Brian Wood. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess. I've not read The Walking Dead since a certain someone was taken off the comic. I'm so protesting it!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5384  Edited By John Valentine

@rickbarry said:

@john_valentine said:

@rickbarry said:

@john_valentine said:

@ageofhurricane said:

I should have done the same thing as well, but I eat up anything by Brian Wood. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess. I've not read The Walking Dead since a certain someone was taken off the comic. I'm so protesting it!

Who?

Glenn?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine: Bingo, Mr. Valentine. Kind of soured my liking of the comic. I felt it was a bit pointless.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5386  Edited By John Valentine

X-Factor has really become an average, average book.

Kind of feel that PAD's going a bit Claremont on the title.... I.e. used to be amazing, now he's kinda ruining it.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of feel that PAD's going a bit Claremont on the title.... I.e. used to be amazing, now he's kinda ruining it.

It's over before too long, right? Could be sour grapes that he lost his baby and it's effecting his writing.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:

It's over before too long, right? Could be sour grapes that he lost his baby and it's effecting his writing.

PAD lost his baby?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry said:

@john_valentine said:

PAD lost his baby?

I mean that they're cancelling a title he's worked on for a long time. I could be talking out of my you know what as I've personally never really read the title.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last few issues have been sputtering badly IMO. I know its ending but in all honesty this could have ended with the hell on earth event and that could have been it. I hate this long drawn out stuff taking so long to tell us the fate of Madrox. And is he completely ignoring explaining the whole Siryn/Morrigan thing? Is he even planning on getting to this?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

The last few issues have been sputtering badly IMO. I know its ending but in all honesty this could have ended with the hell on earth event and that could have been it. I hate this long drawn out stuff taking so long to tell us the fate of Madrox. And is he completely ignoring explaining the whole Siryn/Morrigan thing? Is he even planning on getting to this?

I feel like I only really care about a few team members at the moment.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle of the Atom is so stupid.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle of the Atom is so stupid.

lol and stop bringing future x-men to the present

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally some people that feel the same way i do and are not drinking the Bendis-Aaron koolaid

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Unfortunately, i don't think people will ever truly free themselves of the corporate slave chains that they've unknowingly been entrenched in. I.e, Bendis and Aaron's poison on the franchise will continue to thrive and putrefy for as long as the fans keep throwing the benjamins their way--which is evidently going to be for a long time.

I'm really worried for what the future of the X-Men is actually going to look like.

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone seen the a+x preview where emma frost wants black widow to help her get her "secret sex tape" back and is being blackmailed?????

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone seen the a+x preview where emma frost wants black widow to help her get her "secret sex tape" back and is being blackmailed?????

That seems worthy of $3/4...

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_goddess_of_chaos said:

That seems worthy of $3/4...

IKR im totally buying it tomorrow and i dont buy that comicbook

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5399  Edited By tomasmaclgh

ugly ugly art, but still i'm going to read it.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sandoval's art in Cable and X-Force really improved the book...hopefully he sticks around for awhile

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.