Gambler's X-Men Thread

#5151 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: @ApatheticAvenger: He writes pretty much every female as a knockoff of Kitty Pryde.

#5152 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@AgeofHurricane: @ApatheticAvenger: He writes pretty much every female as a knockoff of an alt. u. Jessica Jones.

fixed.

@ApatheticAvenger: Cyclops having the same cry-baby attitude akin to Captain America's speech in AvX 12. This man knows how to handle himself, and that was just hysterical, Consequences conveyed and clarified the direction in which Cyclops was going to go amidst the fall-out of Avlol, a little power-upgrade shouldn't push him to the brink of nappy-wetting.

#5153 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: I'll fix you! -Bends into a pretzel...unsalted.-

#5154 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Minus a few mischaracterizations, I enjoyed All-New this week.

#5155 Posted by Jake Fury (18116 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Minus a few mischaracterizations, I enjoyed All-New this week.

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

#5156 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

CaXF trumps the majority (and that most definitely includes the time-traveling fockery All Old X-Men).

#5157 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Word. Although the new solicits today have me worried. Really...Colossus goes to jail?!

#5158 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@AgeofHurricane: Word. Although the new solicits today have me worried. Really...Colossus goes to jail?!

Get your act together, sissy.

From what i can see so far, he's one of the bigger players of this title, what with so much obscurity going on in regards to his place within the team. It should be a thing whereby he's released within the next couple of issues, and i cannot wait to see how this turns out. I just need some more Hope/Neena banter and i'm fine, BUT...looks like Boom Boom'll be bouncing her way into town soon, so that's even better. She's exactly what an angsty title like this needs.

#5159 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry said:

From what i can see so far, he's one of the bigger players of this title, what with so much obscurity going on in regards to his place within the team. It should be a thing whereby he's released within the next couple of issues, and i cannot wait to see how this turns out. I just need some more Hope/Neena banter and i'm fine, BUT...looks like Boom Boom'll be bouncing her way into town soon, so that's even better. She's exactly what an angsty title like this needs.

I would certainly hope that's the case. Plus he's the only muscle, but it's just weird he gets put in jail after everyone else breaks out. >.> It would only happen to him. lol Next issue comes out next week. I already want it.

#5160 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable and the x-force was pretty disappointing.

#5161 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

Cable and the x-force was pretty disappointing.

Ya think? The only gripe I had with it was the four panels and then the flashback. I hate that in movies/comics/games.

#5162 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry said:

I would certainly hope that's the case. Plus he's the only muscle, but it's just weird he gets put in jail after everyone else breaks out. >.> It would only happen to him. lol Next issue comes out next week. I already want it.

Yes, mainly because like i said, he's one of the more important members of this team/title. So do i, there were some parts of the issue that i found a little...iffy, but it was all good. Boomer just needs to hurry up and join...

...And develop a budding romance with your bro.LOL

LOL.

#5163 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry said:

Yes, mainly because like i said, he's one of the more important members of this team/title. So do i, there were some parts of the issue that i found a little...iffy, but it was all good. Boomer just needs to hurry up and join...

...And develop a budding romance with your bro.LOL

LOL.

He needs something that isn't demonic or cosmic in his life. Boom Boom can buff him or some other nonsense. I did find these rap sheet articles about everyone in Cable & X-force. Might as well put them in here, no?

http://marvel.com/news/story/19824/cable_x-force_rap_sheet_-_domino

http://marvel.com/news/story/19816/cable_x-force_rap_sheet_-_forge

http://marvel.com/news/story/19807/cable_x-force_rap_sheet_-_doctor_nemesis?utm_campaign=rss_feeds&utm_source=headline_news&utm_medium=rss&utm_content=story-19807&

http://marvel.com/news/story/19833/cable_x-force_rap_sheet_-_colossus?utm_campaign=rss_feeds&utm_source=comics_news&utm_medium=rss&utm_content=story-19833&

I guess Cable's comes out tomorrow. Forge and Colossus are interesting reads.

#5164 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

I only made one purchase this week. Cable & X-force was much better this time around. The time jump wasn't nearly as harsh as the first issue. Although we didn't get through his issue without a huge loss. RIP Jetpack. You will be missed.

#5165 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men Legacy is an awful comic. I hope it dies soon.

WaTXM was disappointing again this week, even with the Genesis panel time.

The final issue of Uncanny X-Force was good, IMO, although I would have appreciated some resolution to AoA Nightcrawler's betrayal.

Also, wasn't Fantomex's mother meant to be dead? Did he clone her? Is she an illusion? WHAT IS SHE?

#5166 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's hilarious that they made the Wolverine in Xtreme X-men gay....such a radical shift for the character

#5167 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

All the money saved by purchasing less X-titles has went towards presents this year, so it's all good in the hood.

I'm not sure if there has ever been a period where I gave less of a sh!t about the entire line, and that's coming from someone who started collecting in the 80's. Yes I know that is before many of you were born, save the jokes.

#5168 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable and the X-force was bland this week...just like last week.

#5169 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

Cable and the X-force was bland this week...just like last week.

cable and xforce is great

#5170 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

cable and xforce is great

I wouldn't say great.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't especially great.

#5171 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

It was much better than All N00B X-Men.

#5172 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a solid comic book thus far. I don't feel like I wasted my money when I've finished the first two issues. I immediately regretted buying All New 4. It blew.

#5173 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: As you would. I chuckled a lot while flicking through the pages of that horrible "comic".

#5174 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry: As you would. I chuckled a lot while flicking through the pages of that horrible "comic".

I'm easily entertained, but I'd like to say there was a light at the end of the tunnel. 'Course I realized shortly thereafter that Bendis is writing Uncanny as well.

#5175 Posted by Abaddon_Almighty (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I don't want to spam anyone but I need this survey done for a uni project and I thought you fine people would be a good group to ask. It's anonymous and doesn't require any personal information, it's just 6 questions about what you like most and least about the X-Men. Thanks a lot guys and gals.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QR6NZQG

#5176 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...that's the last issue of All New X-men for me. This was the train wreck of all train wrecks. Logan creating a lynch mob trying to kill a kid (when he ripped anyone else for taking life), Beast making me horribly angry and Jean punishing Scott for things he hasn't even done. I guess she must have just overlooked the memory of her wiping out a planet. Way to take it out on the lil guy, red. Ugh. Angel is moody and annoying, Hank is annoying, lil Iceman is as lame as his current counterpart, Scott is back to being the wall flower boyscout and Jean is...well I said enough earlier.

I hate Marvel Now...and Bendis. So...pretty much I have Cable's book, perhaps Uncanny X-force and X-men. How is X-men legacy? My list of comics grows thin.

#5177 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Dropped it at issue 4. Lol.

#5179 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: You should have spread the word. I could have saved 3.99.

Although a new C&XF preview is out. Hope is making me proud. Stick it to the man, girl.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=4749&page=1

#5180 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: She always speaks the truth when Daddy's concerned, not sure what Stark was going about referring to Hope as "our girl Hope"...just no. I like this series, so very much.

#5181 Posted by Mercy_ (92444 posts) - - Show Bio
@ApatheticAvenger

Oh Hank McCoy, you self-righteous imbecile. Someday soon you'll be knocked off that high horse.

We can only hope.
#5183 Posted by Mercy_ (92444 posts) - - Show Bio
@ApatheticAvenger

@Mercy_ said:

@ApatheticAvenger

Oh Hank McCoy, you self-righteous imbecile. Someday soon you'll be knocked off that high horse.

We can only hope.

He already looks ridiculous, but I can damn near guarantee this whole situation won't end well for him.

Oh please. Beast has been going around for the past few years acting like a hypocritical, holier than thou arse with absolutely no repercussions.
#5184 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

Well...that's the last issue of All New X-men for me. This was the train wreck of all train wrecks. Logan creating a lynch mob trying to kill a kid (when he ripped anyone else for taking life), Beast making me horribly angry and Jean punishing Scott for things he hasn't even done. I guess she must have just overlooked the memory of her wiping out a planet. Way to take it out on the lil guy, red. Ugh. Angel is moody and annoying, Hank is annoying, lil Iceman is as lame as his current counterpart, Scott is back to being the wall flower boyscout and Jean is...well I said enough earlier.

I hate Marvel Now...and Bendis. So...pretty much I have Cable's book, perhaps Uncanny X-force and X-men. How is X-men legacy? My list of comics grows thin.

I've been picking up X-Men: Legacy and so far I'm personally liking it more than I thought I would. I only mildly recommend it though if you are a fan of Legion as he is the main focus of the book. The first three issues just deal almost exclusively with him and that insane asylum/brain he's got going on. It's not until issue 4 that we finally get to see him interact with the actual X-Men, which at the time of me writing this, hasn't been released.

If you liked the old X-Men: Legacy though, this has nothing to do with it sadly.

#5186 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@Mercy_ said:

@ApatheticAvenger

@Mercy_ said:

@ApatheticAvenger

We can only hope.

He already looks ridiculous, but I can damn near guarantee this whole situation won't end well for him.

Oh please. Beast has been going around for the past few years acting like a hypocritical, holier than thou arse with absolutely no repercussions.

And now he looks like a blue Caliban on steroids. KARMA!

lol you know what they say about karma is a b#$%*

#5187 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio
#5188 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio
#5189 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Lol. You know me, i have a way with words. It's just that i was observing CBR the other day, and they were like, the only X-Writers to have commented on the 50th Anniversary via twitter, whereas all other X-Writers are somehow mute :s.

This really sucks bollocks.

Sucks to be an X-Fan =/ imho.

#5190 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry: Lol. You know me, i have a way with words. It's just that i was observing CBR the other day, and they were like, the only X-Writers to have commented on the 50th Anniversary via twitter, whereas all other X-Writers are somehow mute :s.

This really sucks bollocks.

Sucks to be an X-Fan =/ imho.

Today looks better. Put a diaper on, man. I've got news for you.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-now-teaser-xx-brian-wood.html

#5191 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Don't you tell me to-*reads link*

I KKKKKNNNNNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!! I came across the news while inside the toi--um, yeah. And then i've been on cloud 9 ever since. Let's hope for your sake, that both Kitty f*cking Pryde and MAGIK are starring in this.

Every X-Writer present should be trembling in their boots right now, most especially Marjorie Liu and Bendis. Wood is going to shut it down.

(but i should keep quiet, i do not want to be disappointed with the outcome like that of X-Treme X-Men's final predicament, even if i'm really enjoying that title).

#5192 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: It depends entirely on which Kitty Pryde. The one from the last two years is mega lame. Maybe Wood can give her a much needed boost.

#5193 Posted by snyderman567 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry: Don't you tell me to-*reads link*

I KKKKKNNNNNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!! I came across the news while inside the toi--um, yeah. And then i've been on cloud 9 ever since. Let's hope for your sake, that both Kitty f*cking Pryde and MAGIK are starring in this.

Every X-Writer present should be trembling in their boots right now, most especially Marjorie Liu and Bendis. Wood is going to shut it down.

(but i should keep quiet, i do not want to be disappointed with the outcome like that of X-Treme X-Men's final predicament, even if i'm really enjoying that title).

#5194 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@snyderman567: Do we have a problem ?

#5195 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: I actually think that this is going to be a book where Hope is the lead. Hopeless has stated that Hope is a major player in the first arc of Cable & X-force, but hasn't said anything about her after that. (The first arc ends just around when this book is going to be released.) I'd give it Hope/Wood combo a shot.

#5196 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Lol Don't make me cry pls. Hopeless may be doing good things with her in CaXF, making her a likeable character and whatnot, but i still feel as if she should have been flushed down the toilet when they were in Mystical China Town during AvX.

#5197 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww man... I was really hoping Hope was going to have a more permanent fixture in CaXF. A father/daughter dynamic interests me way more than a band of misfits being chased for doing God knows what.

#5198 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: I just finished issue 3 of Cable & X-force. It's the best issue yet and I think Forge is kind of awesome in the right situation. Knee capping a huge mech with his boot=epic win. Though I think my main gripe with the book would involve Colossus. Why is he even in this book? He's the only guy I could think of that would be heavily billed on a preview/solicit and show up in one panel. I have no idea where he's been since AvX or what's up with his powers. Boo on that part, Hopeless. Bravo on everything else...including the Dr. Nemesis/Hope panel.

#5199 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Omg. Haven't read it yet. No spoiling pls.

#5200 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: My bad!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.