Gambler's X-Men Thread

#5051 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
#5052 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
#5053 Posted by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, what bit insinuates he's a clone?

#5054 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@natejoseph09 said:

The room with all the Gambits and he says something like "oh, they're always inclined to be like that" or something along those lines, whilst they're saying "Ma, Chere!".

#5055 Posted by natejoseph09 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@natejoseph09 said:

The room with all the Gambits and he says something like "oh, they're always inclined to be like that" or something along those lines, whilst they're saying "Ma, Chere!".

Yeah he was just talking about all the clone Gambits, not the original. Gillen mentioned this on his formspring, - he said it's a reach to think he's a clone, if so it's just as possible Cyclops, Creed, the Guthries etc are.

He also mentioned that the "Brain damaged" thing harkened back to when Sinister removed a part of Gambits brain a few years ago to reduce his powers. Something even i forgot about, Gillen sure does know his continuity.

#5056 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@natejoseph09 said:

@John Valentine said:

@natejoseph09 said:

Yeah he was just talking about all the clone Gambits, not the original. Gillen mentioned this on his formspring, - he said it's a reach to think he's a clone, if so it's just as possible Cyclops, Creed, the Guthries etc are.

He also mentioned that the "Brain damaged" thing harkened back to when Sinister removed a part of Gambits brain a few years ago to reduce his powers. Something even i forgot about, Gillen sure does know his continuity.

Ah, fair enough.

Yeah, Gillen's a pro.

#5057 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Brian Wood has left me absolutely speechless.

#5058 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda loved Uncanny today.

#5059 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

So Atlantis has declared war on wakanda?? Who would win that war I wonder? Aren't the both extremely technologically advanced also?

#5060 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force 27 was awesome. What a series!

I'm now in the process of rereading the entirety of New X-Men (Morrison) and Uncanny X-Force up to this point.

#5061 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Brian Wood.

#5062 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

I love Brian Wood.

Yes.

#5063 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm gonna like Xtreme X-men

#5064 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

It was a decent first issue, not sure if I'll continue reading.

#5065 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@danhimself said:

it's one of those books where I have to see where it goes...I like the concept and the plot so far so we'll see

#5066 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@John Valentine said:

@danhimself said:

it's one of those books where I have to see where it goes...I like the concept and the plot so far so we'll see

That's true. I'd still rather stick to Uncanny X-Force, WatXM and X-Factor, try out one or two of the new Marvel NOW! titles and keep the DC and Image titles I'm currently reading.

#5067 Posted by Dman1366 (801 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: what did you think of WatX 14?

#5068 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

@John Valentine: what did you think of WatX 14?

Depicted Colossus as the creep he is.

BobKat all the way.

#5069 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@danhimself said:

@John Valentine said:

@danhimself said:

That's true. I'd still rather stick to Uncanny X-Force, WatXM and X-Factor, try out one or two of the new Marvel NOW! titles and keep the DC and Image titles I'm currently reading.

oh I'm still definitely going to stick with those X-titles....X-Factor is one of the most underrated and not talked about books on the shelves today.

#5070 Posted by Dman1366 (801 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: You and I get long greatly.

#5071 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

2012 is the first time in 10 years I could not care less how far behind I am on the X-books, even X-Factor has lost it's charm.

#5072 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

2012 is the first time in 10 years I could not care less how far behind I am on the X-books, even X-Factor has lost it's charm.

Which i why i said before: it's a bad year to be an X-Fan.

#5073 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Yeah, Uncanny X-Force, WaTXM, Uncanny X-Men and X-Factor are all terrible books.

#5074 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Yeah, Uncanny X-Force, WaTXM, Uncanny X-Men and X-Factor are all terrible books.

I was not saying that they are all terrible books, just that they are no longer holding my interest as they once did. Like many on here I used to read them the day they came out after picking them up from my LCS on the way home from work, now for the most part the X-books have been reduced to bathroom reading if I think of it.

Uncanny X-Force - I really like the premise but the past couple of arcs really have not impressed me as it did from the beginning

WaTXM - It's a change of pace book that just does not work for me, I think it's terrible but I can see how others would appreciate it more than I do.

X-Factor - Easily the best X-book of the past 5 years, but like X-Force has went off the rails to a point, the cast is getting bloated and it feels a little directionless

#5075 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahhhhhhhh, Brian Wood </3.

#5076 Posted by unicornpuncher (413 posts) - - Show Bio

So im a pretty big X fan, but still totally confused

What titles are going to be available after this marvel now stuff happens? Alot of the books I read are going down the tubes it seems.

#5077 Posted by Nicax21 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: New XMEN Apocalypse fan film! Check out the trailer! Who knows may even be a surprise MR SINISTER in it???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJEgn8KnZU4&feature=youtu.be

www.jointheultimatebattle.com

#5078 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nicax21: Pretty cool

#5079 Posted by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@unicornpuncher: think they are being purposefully vague about that, because the X-men are going to have the most to lose at the end of AvX (read: Jobbers), and they can't reveal TOO MUCH without spoiling the end of AvX. I think right now we have X-Men: Legacy, starring Legion, WatXM starring The Avengers apparently, and the "All New X-Men' (read: all old x-men). I would expect to see at least 2 more X-books being announced next month.

#5080 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg. Sooo not a happy ready after seeing the cover to WaTX. :(

#5081 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

So I heard that Daniel Way is gonna write the X-Force

#5082 Posted by Jeanniebird (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate: When? Where did you hear that??? Please not! X-Force is the best X-Book out there, I don't want anyone but Remender to write it. Especially not Daniel Way!

#5084 Posted by MrPsycho (13 posts) - - Show Bio

hey guys,

erm, im not sure that this is the right thread for this kind of question, But i couldnt find a better one, where i would get a quick reply. recently i've been getting into x-men comics because ive now got the time to read them. ive read morrisons and whedons runs, and am wondering which would be decent books to pick up next?

#5085 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

unccany xforce is great

#5086 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

unccany xforce is great

As always. This week's issue was great too.

JV's Thoughts...

One thing that's really annoying me about the MU atm is Hope. What the hell is the purpose of her character? For years we've had to put up with this annoying brat of a character, and had to endure the death of several other characters because of her, and she's done pretty much nothing so far in AvX. Really hope she does something amazing and worthwhile in the next, and final issue, of the event.

How does X-Sanction tie into AvX? Where is Cable during this whole thing? The former just seems entirely disconnected and irrelevant to the current course of the story in AvX.

#5087 Posted by adamwilliams (6 posts) - - Show Bio
#5088 Posted by gerrycarlos340 (5 posts) - - Show Bio
#5089 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

man I'm really kind of worried that they're cancelling X-Factor

#5090 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

Why?

#5091 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@danhimself said:

Why?

I know it's still going in the solicits but the way the current storyline is going with everyone leaving it just feels like it's leading up to a final issue

#5092 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@John Valentine said:

@danhimself said:

Why?

I know it's still going in the solicits but the way the current storyline is going with everyone leaving it just feels like it's leading up to a final issue

Oh --- they better not. -_-

#5093 Posted by Vulshock (159 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he wanted a to cut down the roster and some of the team members needed to be on other titles. E.g Havok needed to be moved to uncanny avengers.

#5094 Posted by unicornpuncher (413 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I was just wondering this myself last night. I just got into X-factor about a year ago, its been lukewarm but now its like they are doing some thinning out. From what I have read, its going to be untouched after the re-org

#5095 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT.

#5096 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT.

#5097 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT.

#5098 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Havok's an absolute joke.

#5099 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@unicornpuncher said:

@danhimself: I was just wondering this myself last night. I just got into X-factor about a year ago, its been lukewarm but now its like they are doing some thinning out. From what I have read, its going to be untouched after the re-org

X-Factor used to be so much better when it first started (the first seventeen issues were absolute gold). It's still a great title, but just not as good as it used to be. Too many characters. At least, as you said, PAD's thinning the cast down.

#5100 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMN YOU JASON AARON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.