Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Fox One-Step Closer to Live-Action X-Men Television Series

• 86 results
    RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I mostly am apprehensive about any live action franchise on TV.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ororo Munroe aka Storm! :)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#53  Edited By The Impersonator

They can use the opening theme of the original animated series.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mikio said:
    @meatwadf said:

Hoping Marvel uses this as leverage to get something going with the FF in the MCU.

You think like I think my friend. Fox have been doing a decent job with X-men but that last Dr Doom trailer looked as insulting to the source mythology as "gas-cloud Galactus" and Sue Storm's disappearing uniform. Marvel needs to throw a Spiderman style clause in the contract.

It's funny. The best FF movie is the Corman movie, and that one was never even officially released (nor mean to be). Fox is already distancing itself from the reboot by stating that the FF 'verse and the X-movies are in two totally different universes, and so crossovers are very unlikely now. lol

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@kritikalmassx: while i do agree that the Franchise will do fine without Hugh Jackman i have to disagree with your other points. Olivia Munn is not that good of an actress and i think her role in Apocalypse will be peripheral, and Scott Adkins, the guy can fight but he cannot act for shit.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Xfactor does seem to be the obvious choice. Watching what has been done with shows like SHIELD, Flash, and Extant even the ABC show from a couple years ago "V" I think they can capture the action just fine. If its Xfactor I would like to see them tweek the line-up though. I would love to see maybe Madrox, Rahne, Siryn, M, maybe Darwin and maybe someone like Jubilee instead of Layla Miller...well maybe not instead of but in addition too. I actually hate Strong Guy, Longshot, Shatterstar and Rictor (plus you dont need to do what SHIELD is doing with Quake). Shatterstar and Longshot are too convoluted. I guess Strong Guy would have to fit there but really having Havok and Polaris might not be terrible.

The New Mutants would also fit well. There powers should be pretty easy to show on TV and then you can still have the big dogs make appearances. The team could consist of Cannonball, Sunspot, Moonstar, Karma, and Rahne. Also this team could face Emma Frost and her Hellions. If they are going for the long haul with a series then this fits well because the team could easily encounter Cable and Domino and Feral and become Xforce especially with some of the Hellions like Warpath coming over or even Siryn. The list of who the New Mutants could face would make for good shows.

I honestly think the major Xmen could be included in a tv show and have the movies be the big events. Thats something thats not being done right now. And really with them rebooting everything in the movies, this would eliminate the worry about big names. Although lately some big names have been doing network tv so who knows

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@kritikalmassx: while i do agree that the Franchise will do fine without Hugh Jackman i have to disagree with your other points. Olivia Munn is not that good of an actress and i think her role in Apocalypse will be peripheral, and Scott Adkins, the guy can fight but he cannot act for shit.

Well, considering Munn, I think she might do a good job...She has improved some when she was on The Newsroom. And while he was a hit or miss as Barakapool, I still think Adkins isn't too terrible of a actor IMHO.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@theheat said:

@tdk_1997: If Fox can't even get Doom right, what makes you think they'll know what to do with Kang?

They couldn't get Doom right because this movie wasn't even supposed to happen. It was just a move from Sony in order to keep their rights on the characters. Even the writer/producer has stated that at least the movie wasn't a disaster. I don't think that they might get Kang right or even Galactus, if they use him again, I just fear that if they get into Marvel's hands again they will make them into those lighthearted characters everyone is in the main Marvel cinematic universe. And that is something that I don't want to see.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men will flop when Hugh Jackman leaves

the only decent x-men movie was first class and that barely had jackman, the x-men are better off without the race traitor wolverine, IDC that it was only in the comics, but abandoning the mutant nation after decimation, dark reign, and messiah complex? all because you are still hung up on your leaders dead wife? splitting mutant loyalty and becoming the biggest hypocrite in the history of the entire world? then siding with the friggen avengers who did nothing when mutants were being slaughtered in the street by the government that the avengers happily join up with? Magneto was right, Scott was right, Wolverine is a race traitor and should be forgotten about. Yeah am I bitter about bad writing and incompetent plot decisions that make one of the best characters of all time into the biggest traitor in the history of comics? yeah you could say so

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:
    @boomsticker said:

@tdk_1997: The other reason to get the Fantastic Four rights back are for the villains as well. Marvel would be able to use Doom and Galactus. They might be able to even use Silver Surfer.

@theheat said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

I don't understand why people want Marvel to get their rights over the Fantastic Four franchise. If you ask me, if they try to make a reboot or anything including the Fantastic family it would be a complete disaster.

Marvel doesn't want the F4. They want their rogue gallery e.g. Doom, Surfer, Galactus, Kang, Annihilus, Skrulls, etc. They were trying to make a deal with Fox a couple of years back for these characers, but Fox said no. Now, it looks like Fox has no choice but to give into Marvel's demands if they really want a X-Men tv series.

That is a terrible idea as well. As much as it would be cool to see the Avengers up against Kang, I would rather see him used well under Fox's hand rather than Marvel's(Disney's).

You haven't seen the FF yet have you. worst comic book movie ever made. Worse than Last Stand, Worse than Origins, worse than Days, if you can imagine such a film, well they created it.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ScouterV

@theheat said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

I don't understand why people want Marvel to get their rights over the Fantastic Four franchise. If you ask me, if they try to make a reboot or anything including the Fantastic family it would be a complete disaster.

Marvel doesn't want the F4. They want their rogue gallery e.g. Doom, Surfer, Galactus, Kang, Annihilus, Skrulls, etc. They were trying to make a deal with Fox a couple of years back for these characers, but Fox said no. Now, it looks like Fox has no choice but to give into Marvel's demands if they really want a X-Men tv series.

Get ready for a Galactus dance-off vs. Starlord...

And for people to pay to see it, like it's ice water in Hell.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997 said:
    @boomsticker said:

@tdk_1997: The other reason to get the Fantastic Four rights back are for the villains as well. Marvel would be able to use Doom and Galactus. They might be able to even use Silver Surfer.

@theheat said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

That is a terrible idea as well. As much as it would be cool to see the Avengers up against Kang, I would rather see him used well under Fox's hand rather than Marvel's(Disney's).

You haven't seen the FF yet have you. worst comic book movie ever made. Worse than Last Stand, Worse than Origins, worse than Days, if you can imagine such a film, well they created it.

Days would mean Days of Future Past? And no, I still haven't seen it. The premiere of the movie in my town is at Monday. And as I said before, this movie wasn't meant to happen. It was a desperation move from Fox to make this movie in order to keep the rights over the characters. It wasn't supposed to be a ground breaking movie or anything phenomenal, it was just meant to make money and to keep the characters at Fox as longer as possible.

Avatar image for galactushungers
    GALACTUSHUNGERS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see them settling on a deal like:

Silver Surfer, Galactus, and Skrulls for the rights to the X-Men TV series.

Back in the day Marvel offered Fox the rights to Daredevil for Silver Surfer and Galactus back but Fox turned them down. Bet they won't make that mistake again...

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@scouterv said:
    @theheat said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

Get ready for a Galactus dance-off vs. Starlord...

And for people to pay to see it, like it's ice water in Hell.

That would be completely ridiculous. Galactus got Heralds for that.

mikeg1965

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kritikalmassx: Scott Adkins? Or maybe Chuck Norris or Steven Seagal, yeah' somebody with Acting Chops'. ARE YOU HIGH?!!?

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudzackvincent said:

Well, considering Munn, I think she might do a good job...She has improved some when she was on The Newsroom. And while he was a hit or miss as Barakapool, I still think Adkins isn't too terrible of a actor IMHO.

i personally don't like Adkins as an actor but i respect ur opinion

xchaix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Focusing on him to drive the X-men narrative has actually pigeon holed the X-film franchise. Until X-men first class came around, all X-films have revolved around Wolverine with other characters either obstacles or plot points to move his story further. The first X-men film was released back in 2000. In 15 years, they've had only a handful of X-men films which mostly stared Hugh Jackman and two Wolverine solo. Look what Disney has done since the release of Iron Man in 2008. There is a rich history of characters and places in the X-men comics that Fox completely ignored because they made a mistake in projecting why the first X-men film was a huge success. X-men will flop without Hugh Jackman!? The box office result of Days of Future Past is a total of 748 million, surpassing any of the previous X-films by miles and Wolverine only had a brief cameo in it.

marveldcfan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want: Wolverine, Colossus, Banshee, Cyclops Nightcrawler, Storm, Dazzler, Sunfire, Psylocke, and Gambit.

marveldcfan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@currentthor2015: I don't think so. Personally, I think that it's a good thing that Hugh Jackman is leaving.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That means we might see Pixie in a decent series, along with those Uncanny X-Men kids!

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@xwraith: ever single person that i know that doesnt read comics, or come onto this site, absolutely loves gotham.

Exact opposite for me. Without Batman, non-comic fans absolutely hate that show.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehh I think Marvel should stick to movies honestly.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xchaix said:
    @currentthor2015 said:

Focusing on him to drive the X-men narrative has actually pigeon holed the X-film franchise. Until X-men first class came around, all X-films have revolved around Wolverine with other characters either obstacles or plot points to move his story further. The first X-men film was released back in 2000. In 15 years, they've had only a handful of X-men films which mostly stared Hugh Jackman and two Wolverine solo. Look what Disney has done since the release of Iron Man in 2008. There is a rich history of characters and places in the X-men comics that Fox completely ignored because they made a mistake in projecting why the first X-men film was a huge success. X-men will flop without Hugh Jackman!? The box office result of Days of Future Past is a total of 748 million, surpassing any of the previous X-films by miles and Wolverine only had a brief cameo in it.

He had a cameo in First Class. He was a supporting character Days of Future Past.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Factor Investigations with Multiple Man as the star? Hell yes. Seconded. And third'ed.

~KL~

David's X-Factor was the best run ever. The BEST.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@marveldcfan001 said:

I want: Wolverine, Colossus, Banshee, Cyclops Nightcrawler, Storm, Dazzler, Sunfire, Psylocke, and Gambit.

This would be a great (and nicely diverse) line up.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awesome. cant wait.

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By GreenFuse

@the_kid_lantern said:

X-Factor Investigations with Multiple Man as the star? Hell yes. Seconded. And third'ed.

~KL~

I came in here to say that. I could see X-Factor Investigations being a fantastic concept for tv. I'd love to see it on FX so they have a bit more freedom with the content too.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@currentthor2015 said:

I dunno... This movie was pretty awesome and only had a 3 second cameo.

The point though, is that he was IN IT! FANBOY!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, yep. X-factor is like perfect for this. I'm too skeptical Academy X will work, so it's just X-factor, hand down. They have to start negotiations with Peter David asap.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

didn't they have a live action show years back? i recall a Generation X was the name or GENX... someone correct me if im wrong. and if i recall correctly it FLOPPED miserably.

It was one movie, made for TV movie that was suppose to be a series if the ratings were good. they weren't but damn it i loved that movie as a kid, i wanted that show so bad :'(

marveldcfan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought that having such a larger cast of characters than the other superhero teams that the X-men were better suited to a T.V show which would have seasons to develop lots of different characters, as long as they can get good enough special effects to do justice to all the characters powers it would be a kick ass show.

I always envisioned the series being called something like "Xaiver academy" but I guess just "X-men" would probably pull in more ratings.

I'm sure that a well put together X-men series would kill on television I know that I'd make a point to watch every episode as long as I didn't feel they were butchering the name.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope thats mean then marvel & fox come to a accord like sony did it, when the X-men rejoign the MCU but Fox continue to make movie aboot.

Avatar image for randolphdefreese1
    randolphdefreese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it is either going to be too expensive to make or it will be dull because it will be a drama to cut down cost.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.