Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

For those who loved Wolverine and the Xmen.

stevenJKPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stevenJKPower

I'm not sure where this would go, I don't usually come on this forum very much, but I don't see a section for Television shows. With that said please like this page if you own a facebook account. As you may have known the season 2 of Wolverine and the Xmen has been cancelled, this little project was created to catch enough attention to possibly reinstate the series on another network. Alot of you will say "well how do you think this facebook page is going to catch their attention?" or "you're just wasting time". But there is promise, the owner of the facebook page had interviews with a few of the writers, actors, and they both confirmed that they saw the page and liked what they saw. So please, come together and press this single like button. Let younger audiences have an actually good superhero show from their generation. Thank you.

http://www.facebook.com/savexmen

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle
    @stevenJKPower said:

Let younger audiences have an actually good superhero show from their generation. Thank you.

They have Young Justice and Avengers......they're already extremely lucky 
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Thunderscream

@stevenJKPower: You're a little late on this one buddy, the show was cancelled 3 years ago. Lot's of folks have worked up petitions to bring it back but it's just not happening.

Odds are, we'll get a totally new interpretation around the launch of the X-Men: First Class sequel in 2013/14 and it'll be more closely tied to the movie...to the disdain of many fans looking for something closer to the books.

Avatar image for iamlovewithin500
    Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
    @cattlebattle said:
    @stevenJKPower said:

Let younger audiences have an actually good superhero show from their generation. Thank you.

LOL but everyone isn't a DC fan. =P 

Anyways YJ is lackluster at best. It wasn't all that to me. I'm game for a second season..as long as they change the tittle or  they do a sort of sequel /continuation.BTW Marvel is launching a Marvel Animated universe on DisneyXD along with the Avengers,sorta like the DCAU.They are bringing Spider-man back,but at the same time kind of relaunching Spectacular Spider-man and changing the title to Ultimate,but keeping the same voice actors and what not. 

The only reason WATX got cancelled was because Marvel was bought out by Disney and the station that  Wolvie and the X-men was being aired on  Disney's Rival(Nick)..so Im almost sure that's why It was cancelled.Anyways yeah It's been 2 years ,but hey things happen. 

and Hey you can't answer for the Young children CattleTassle!  your like twenty something  -_-

lol 
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Iamlovewithin500: Lackluster at best?? its probably one of the best super hero themed shows that has ever existed...but, to each his own. No, I can't speak for the children of this generation but I do remember what it was like to be one, and I would have loved a show like YJ :) 

and your right, anything can happen although its been 3 years, look at Family Guy...it came back, 
    Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
    @cattlebattle:  You guys as X-men TAS back then and Spider-man TAS ,F4 TAS ,Ironman Batman/Superman TAS.Those were waaay better compared to Young Justice. 

My era was more of the JL/JLU, The Batman, X-men Evolution.Hell I still think Teentitans is better than Young Justice.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Iamlovewithin500 said:
    @cattlebattle:  You gush as X-men TAS back then and Spider-man TAS ,F4 TAS ,Ironman Batman/Superman TAS.Those were waaay better compared to Young Justice.  My era was more of the JL/JLU, The Batman, X-men Evolution.Hell I still think Teentitans is better than Young Justice.
    None of those shows were better than YJ per se. They were all good for there own reasons, YJ definitely has better animation quality and are written better than any of the Marvel shows you mentioned IMO. 
    JL/JLU I'll admit is untouchable, Young Justice is what Teen Titans should have been
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

@cattlebattle said:
    @stevenJKPower said:

LOL but everyone isn't a DC fan. =P Anyways YJ is lackluster at best. It wasn't all that to me. I'm game for a second season..as long as they change the tittle or they do a sort of sequel /continuation.BTW Marvel is launching a Marvel Animated universe on DisneyXD along with the Avengers,sorta like the DCAU.They are bringing Spider-man back,but at the same time kind of relaunching Spectacular Spider-man and changing the title to Ultimate,but keeping the same voice actors and what not. The only reason WATX got cancelled was because Marvel was bought out by Disney and the station that Wolvie and the X-men was being aired on Disney's Rival(Nick)..so Im almost sure that's why It was cancelled.Anyways yeah It's been 2 years ,but hey things happen. and Hey you can't answer for the Young children CattleTassle! your like twenty something -_- lol

where the heck are you getting your info at....Ultimate Spider-man is not a continuation of Spectacular Spider-man and ALL of the voices are different....no one has said that Ultimate Spider-man is taking place in the same universe as Avengers: EMH...although Avengers does take place in the same universe as Wolverine and the X-men, Hulk vs. and Thor: Tales of Asgard

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By CATPANEXE

Pressed the Like button. That wasn't hard. Good luck to the show getting reinstated.

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
    @cattlebattle said:
    @Iamlovewithin500 said:
    @cattlebattle:  You gush as X-men TAS back then and Spider-man TAS ,F4 TAS ,Ironman Batman/Superman TAS.Those were waaay better compared to Young Justice.  My era was more of the JL/JLU, The Batman, X-men Evolution.Hell I still think Teentitans is better than Young Justice.
    None of those shows were better than YJ per se. They were all good for there own reasons, YJ definitely has better animation quality and are written better than any of the Marvel shows you mentioned IMO. JL/JLU I'll admit is untouchable, Young Justice is what Teen Titans should have been
    Better Animation,yes.. but only because the show is newer,but the story lines of all the Marvel 90's cartoon, I'm sorry but YJ IS incomparable.Again the pacing of YJ just seems slow and boring,the action scenes are alright,but nothing to wow over.Teentitans may have not had as much of A mature feeling as Young Justice,but i like the animation better.I kinda liked the Anime vibe,and overall the Stories were pretty solid and they did a good job of adapting some of the darker Story lines for all audiences. 

but JLU,Batman TAS,X-men TAS, and Spiderman TAS..Im sorry but YJ pales in comparison. 

Though I'll give You X-men Evolution,that sucked. 

@danhimself:  How are you going to tell me when I just read up on it just yesterday? 
    They are launching the Marvel Animated Universe on Disney XD. 

here's the link :  http://marvel.com/news/story/17929/disney_xd_to_launch_marvel_universe 

BTW I never did say it was a continuation of Spectacular Spidey, I said It's like a  relaunch, because basically they just cancelled the show,but now bringing a new Ultimate Spider-man Series back no less than like a year.Also some of the same voice actors for the Villains will be returning, much like how after Wolvie and the X-men was canceled  Steven Blum and some other X-cast members reprized their roles in the Avengers series(Blum and Wolverine).
    MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

It's unlikely that they're going to continue a show that was canceled three years ago. It would take a lot of effort, and commercially speaking, I don't think that it would be worth it. It's not easy to round up a creative crew that has already moved on to other projects, let a alone market a new season to a show that's been off the air for years. It would make more sense in every way to just start a new animated X-Men project (or focus on the anime), if they're interested in doing something with the franchise on television again.

I don't think that Wolverine & the X Men was that good of a show to begin with. It wasn't terrible, but it was uneven in quality. It had it's strengths, but also many weaknesses, and all in all I felt like the show was trying to be too many things at the same time. I would have kept watching the show if it had gotten a second season, but I wasn't crushed by its cancelation. Personally, I rank it below all the other animated X-Men shows (excluding the hilariously bad Pryde of the X-Men). Yes, even Evolution.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By danhimself

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

@cattlebattle said:
    @Iamlovewithin500 said:
    @cattlebattle: You gush as X-men TAS back then and Spider-man TAS ,F4 TAS ,Ironman Batman/Superman TAS.Those were waaay better compared to Young Justice. My era was more of the JL/JLU, The Batman, X-men Evolution.Hell I still think Teentitans is better than Young Justice.
    None of those shows were better than YJ per se. They were all good for there own reasons, YJ definitely has better animation quality and are written better than any of the Marvel shows you mentioned IMO. JL/JLU I'll admit is untouchable, Young Justice is what Teen Titans should have been
    Better Animation,yes.. but only because the show is newer,but the story lines of all the Marvel 90's cartoon, I'm sorry but YJ IS incomparable.Again the pacing of YJ just seems slow and boring,the action scenes are alright,but nothing to wow over.Teentitans may have not had as much of A mature feeling as Young Justice,but i like the animation better.I kinda liked the Anime vibe,and overall the Stories were pretty solid and they did a good job of adapting some of the darker Story lines for all audiences.

but JLU,Batman TAS,X-men TAS, and Spiderman TAS..Im sorry but YJ pales in comparison.

Though I'll give You X-men Evolution,that sucked.

@danhimself: How are you going to tell me when I just read up on it just yesterday?
    They are launching the Marvel Animated Universe on Disney XD.

here's the link : http://marvel.com/news/story/17929/disney_xd_to_launch_marvel_universe

BTW I never did say it was a continuation of Spectacular Spidey, I said It's like a relaunch, because basically they just cancelled the show,but now bringing a new Ultimate Spider-man Series back no less than like a year.Also some of the same voice actors for the Villains will be returning, much like how after Wolvie and the X-men was canceled Steven Blum and some other X-cast members reprized their roles in the Avengers series(Blum and Wolverine).

that's only the name of the block of shows...it doesn't say that they're set in the same universe.

name one person voice actor from Spectacular Spider-man that's reprising their role on Ultimate Spider-man

Steve Blum is a different case all together....he was supposed to be the official animated voice for Wolverine in all media...why they changed that for the anime is anyone's guess

and this is what you said:

They are bringing Spider-man back,but at the same time kind of relaunching Spectacular Spider-man and changing the title to Ultimate,but keeping the same voice actors and what not.

again it's not a relaunch or a continuation of any kind

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Obtrusive

they did post a synopsis about what the 2nd season would have been about. It looked sweet.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By butterflykyss

@MyraMyraMyra said:

It's unlikely that they're going to continue a show that was canceled three years ago. It would take a lot of effort, and commercially speaking, I don't think that it would be worth it. It's not easy to round up a creative crew that has already moved on to other projects, let a alone market a new season to a show that's been off the air for years. It would make more sense in every way to just start a new animated X-Men project (or focus on the anime), if they're interested in doing something with the franchise on television again.

I don't think that Wolverine & the X Men was that good of a show to begin with. It wasn't terrible, but it was uneven in quality. It had it's strengths, but also many weaknesses, and all in all I felt like the show was trying to be too many things at the same time. I would have kept watching the show if it had gotten a second season, but I wasn't crushed by its cancelation. Personally, I rank it below all the other animated X-Men shows (excluding the hilariously bad Pryde of the X-Men). Yes, even Evolution.

Pretty much agreed with everything that was said.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.