Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Five Important Subplots That X-Men: Regenesis Leaves Unresolved

• 114 results
    Avatar image for irascendedlolkitten
    irascendedlolkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@fodigg:   Here here!! I totally agree Beast has been really annoying and disappointing lately.  It really all seems that its because he has  PTSD and is taking it out on scott using him as a scape goat.  It really made me annoyed when he said that scott had never been tortured like he has some how forgotten the way scott sacrificed himself at the breakworld among others.  And Iceman was really uncool to throwing a snowball at him and whining about how scott's no fun.  I liked how hope saluted Cyclops lol. 
    Avatar image for crowingaboutcomics
    Crowingaboutcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't picked up the Regenisis issue yet, but still had some thoughts to say: I'm still p'od at the treatment of Charles Xavier - and wonder why the editors haven't done something to him - I kinda' feel they should have killed him instead of Nightcrawler in "Second Coming" - I think that would have been a lot more powerful and symbolic and this "schism" would make a little more sense as someone "needed" to pick up his ideologies. I've wrote before about not understanding Wolverines characterization in all this, and I will have to admit and give props to Aarson - Wolverine's solo series that he writes - is incredibly well done and it makes it believable that Wolverine has this stance and is going in this direction. (Although I think the editors should go one step further in his character and have him back out of the Avengers, stating he doesn't have time to run around with them and run a school.) In terms of the Magneto/Rogue relationship - I've been reading X-Men since Claremonts run, and their relationship is not a new thing, and I always liked what was built when they were caught in the Savage Land together. Magneto was one of the first adult men, as an adult herself, that Rogue could touch - so of course there would be some kind of lasting bonds. Now Schism itself, I still feel was ridiculous. I can't quite understand this threat being more than San Francisco sealed off by a giant spherical force field and being attacked by dozens (hundreds? - potentially thousands?) of Sentinels from the future. During it, EVERYONE got into the fight, but with a singular giant Sentinel attacks only the Four Lights and New X-Men are there to protect Utopia? (Not-with-standing the two "leaders" beating the sh!t out of each other as it approaches.) Sure, X-men squads were all over the place, but what about the other Utopian residents? Something else that has been bothering me that doesn't seem to be mentioned: What the hell was up with Wolverine's bomb-to-destroy Utopia that was locked in a safe in his room? WTF? Really? The Prelude to Schism, also was so COMPLETLY overplayed, overwritten, and simply stupid - it didn't fall into the story line at all. (Or did I miss a place where all the X-men were together waiting for the Sentinel to come and trying to decide to flee or fight?) Basically, I think a lot of the issues with this, has been two-fold, Marvel's greed, and the editorial staff that has dropped the balls too many times, making the emphasis of their stories seem illogical and irrational.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Crowingaboutcomics said:

I haven't picked up the Regenisis issue yet, but still had some thoughts to say: I'm still p'od at the treatment of Charles Xavier - and wonder why the editors haven't done something to him - I kinda' feel they should have killed him instead of Nightcrawler in "Second Coming" - I think that would have been a lot more powerful and symbolic and this "schism" would make a little more sense as someone "needed" to pick up his ideologies. I've wrote before about not understanding Wolverines characterization in all this, and I will have to admit and give props to Aarson - Wolverine's solo series that he writes - is incredibly well done and it makes it believable that Wolverine has this stance and is going in this direction. (Although I think the editors should go one step further in his character and have him back out of the Avengers, stating he doesn't have time to run around with them and run a school.) In terms of the Magneto/Rogue relationship - I've been reading X-Men since Claremonts run, and their relationship is not a new thing, and I always liked what was built when they were caught in the Savage Land together. Magneto was one of the first adult men, as an adult herself, that Rogue could touch - so of course there would be some kind of lasting bonds. Now Schism itself, I still feel was ridiculous. I can't quite understand this threat being more than San Francisco sealed off by a giant spherical force field and being attacked by dozens (hundreds? - potentially thousands?) of Sentinels from the future. During it, EVERYONE got into the fight, but with a singular giant Sentinel attacks only the Four Lights and New X-Men are there to protect Utopia? (Not-with-standing the two "leaders" beating the sh!t out of each other as it approaches.) Sure, X-men squads were all over the place, but what about the other Utopian residents? Something else that has been bothering me that doesn't seem to be mentioned: What the hell was up with Wolverine's bomb-to-destroy Utopia that was locked in a safe in his room? WTF? Really? The Prelude to Schism, also was so COMPLETLY overplayed, overwritten, and simply stupid - it didn't fall into the story line at all. (Or did I miss a place where all the X-men were together waiting for the Sentinel to come and trying to decide to flee or fight?) Basically, I think a lot of the issues with this, has been two-fold, Marvel's greed, and the editorial staff that has dropped the balls too many times, making the emphasis of their stories seem illogical and irrational.

I agree that Schism was just so out of place and it felt like Marvel was just rushing through things to get an event going. I mean, I couldn't see anything wrong with the X-Men before Schism and having them divide up in two teams was too abrupt for me. Also, I think that Wolverine was written a little too out of character there, even though I do believe that he cares for children, but I think that Storm should have been the one in that position and not Wolverine or maybe even Beast should have been in that position. Also, why would Iceman join Wolverine? He hasn't been in any of the X-Men books recently, so how does his opinion on this situation weigh on anything? I really, really, really HOPE that things get better for this series in the long run.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By One_Eye

@perry_411: I'v been contemplating the same thing myself. If weren't for the X-Men I honestly wouldn't give Marvel the time of day as I've been a DC fan far longer anyway. However, a part of me really wants to remain optimistic in hopes of X-titles improving.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@One_Eye said:

@perry_411: I'v been contemplating the same thing myself. If weren't for the X-Men I honestly wouldn't give Marvel the time of day as I've been a DC fan far longer anyway. However, a part of me really wants to remain optimistic in hopes of X-titles improving.

I want to be optimistic about X-titles improving too. I hope that there will be more character development for the characters in the future.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By luckydomino1

what ever happened to rouge and gambit are they gonna get back together

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@luckydomino1 said:

what ever happened to rouge and gambit are they gonna get back together

I'm not sure about what is going to become of those two since Rogue is always with Magneto or something, but I really hope they get back together. The whole "Rogue/Magneto" is a tad creepy...

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By luckydomino1

if storm doesnt like what cyclops is doing then why did she stay at utopia. did she stay because cyclops begged and she pitted is sad sorry a**

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@luckydomino1 said:

if storm doesnt like what cyclops is doing then why did she stay at utopia. did she stay because cyclops begged and she pitted is sad sorry a**

That's what I'm wondering too!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#110  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@luckydomino1 said:

Uh, thats basically what happened if you read Regenesis, she's was getting ready to leave for the school and made it clear that she didn't abide what Cyclops was doing but he did then kind of beg her to stay, and yeah, she did.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@luckydomino1 said:

Uh, thats basically what happened if you read Regenesis, she's was getting ready to leave for the school and made it clear that she didn't abide what Cyclops was doing but he did then kind of beg her to stay, and yeah, she did.

I guess it would be for the best since Storm could try to keep Cyclops from turning to the dark side.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#112  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@luckydomino1 said:

I guess it would be for the best since Storm could try to keep Cyclops from turning to the dark side.

Which is exactly why he wanted her by his side, have you seen it already ? -_-

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@luckydomino1 said:

Which is exactly why he wanted her by his side, have you seen it already ? -_-

Yes. Just wanted to discuss this further. :D

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By luckydomino1

@AgeofHurricane: i dpnt think storm will be enough if scott wants to do that stuff then hes gonna do it maybe storm leaves later

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.